Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? (551 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female? / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? by Infomaz(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
The 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8,11 says "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.....for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and the sea and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day. wherefore, the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it"

Jesus as his custom was while he was on earth kept and worship on the sabbath day (Luke 4:16) The disciples, Paul, Peter and the early church, kept and worship on the sabbath day. (Acts 13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 17:2, 18:4, etc)

How come majority of us have forgotten what God specifically said we should remember?
Re: Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? by Areaboy2(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
it is funny how "god" gave "us" a specific instruction only in the Jewish bible... Maybe it was just a Jewish law made by the Jews for the Jews?

Are you a Jew mister?
Re: Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
Area_boy: it is funny how "god" gave "us" a specific instruction only in the Jewish bible... Maybe it was just a Jewish law made by the Jews for the Jews?

Are you a Jew mister?

I couldn't resist:

Whenever a mind is simple, and receives a divine wisdom, old things pass away, — means, teachers, texts, temples fall; it lives now, and absorbs past and future into the present hour. All things are made sacred by relation to it, — one as much as another. All things are dissolved to their centre by their cause, and, in the universal miracle, petty and particular miracles disappear.

If, therefore, a man claims to know and speak of God, and carries you backward to the phraseology of some old mouldered nation in another country, in another world, believe him not. Is the acorn better than the oak which is its fullness and completion? Is the parent better than the child into whom he has cast his ripened being?

Whence, then, this worship of the past? The centuries are conspirators against the sanity and authority of the soul. Time and space are but physiological colors which the eye makes, but the soul is light; where it is, is day; where it was, is night; and history is an impertinence and an injury, if it be any thing more than a cheerful apologue or parable of my being and becoming

-------------- Ralph Waldo Emerson (Essays: Self-Reliance).
Re: Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
"Have you seen some of these goddamn churches lately? There’s one that take up the whole block in New York. There’s homeless people out here, why ain’t God letting them stay there?

Why these niggas got gold ceilings and shit? Why God need gold ceilings to talk to me? Why do God need colored windows to talk to me? Why God can’t come where I’m at, where he sent me?

If God wanted to talk to me in the pretty spot like that, why the hell he sent me here then, you know what I mean?"

---------- 2Pac Shakur
Re: Why Have Majority Of Christians Forgotten What God Said We Should Remember? by Infomaz(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Area_boy: it is funny how "god" gave "us" a specific instruction only in the Jewish bible... Maybe it was just a Jewish law made by the Jews for the Jews?

Are you a Jew mister?

Are you a christian friend? I am one who believe the Bible is God's inspired word and in Jesus Christ as the saviour of the world.

(1) (Reply)

The Oblivious State Of The Nigerian Constitution / Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake / Who Is God To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.