Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,372 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake (551 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Denominations In Christianity / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake by mercurie(f): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fellow nairalanders, happy sunday. I thought of Christainity and too many denominations everywhere. If u check muslims they don't have denominations. Where ever they find themselves, the mosque has no variations, they would just go in and worship as usual. From my own thought and perspective I think dats y Christains are not united. If you meet a Christain in a market or an office, they won't consider you because you are both of the same religion, they can only consider you because you are of the same denomination. Then why do we think we believe in one God? Why muslims consider themselves where ever they meet. Watch them, they even act like they saw a small god. I think christain denominations contributed to our disunity. What's ur thought?
Re: Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
yes..........i agree with you on that one. It has not only divided christianity,bt it has also lead to the proliferation of false doctrines.
Re: Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake by mercurie(f): 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ Maxwellokuma, its good 2 know that u understand my grief
Re: Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
well unfortunately alot of people are much more eager to follow the doctrines of their respective denomination blindly than to take time out and find out what God really want from them. And many at times this doctrines leads to a certain kind of division that is fueled by the ''my-doctrine-is- the-legitimate-one''kind of attitude which prevents love from thriving in christianity today.
Re: Denominations In Christianity;a Mistake by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
it is a very good stratergy by satan to cause divison and lead thousands astray

(1) (Reply)

What Is Prayer? / Man...the Only "True God". / What's Your Favourite Christian Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.