Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows (13672 Views)

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / APGA Appoints Obiano As National Leader And Chair Of Bot / ABU Students Describe Abati As National Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by SterlingTowers(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Nwabueze suddenly developed cold feet. Na wa o, is he not the same NWabueze that had been shouting on top of his lungs for the conference. Reminds me of a warrior that crossed dressed and left his people in the lurch. May be they breed cowards in the oriental part of NIgeria.

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by theoctopus: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
honeric01: What is the difference between SNC and NC?

Which is really needed?

The difference is just paper talk. The most important thing is that Nigerians must come together and sit down to tak about our future. Whatever name you give it is irrelevant. What is simply needed is that at the end of it all, we should insist on a referendum in the different zones and let the majority decisions be enacted as law.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by theoctopus: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sterling Towers: Nwabueze suddenly developed cold feet. Na wa o, is he not the same NWabueze that had been shouting on top of his lungs for the conference. Reminds me of a warrior that crossed dressed and left his people in the lurch. May be they breed cowards in the oriental part of NIgeria.

Always read before you comment. It smacks of illiteracy when you dont! Please go back and read the article again. Though I blame the mods too for also making the title look negative.

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by DaLover(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: No, Nwabueze is upset over something else and it will be revealed soon.

There is huge gap between matters of ethnic culture, nativity, value system and that of a constituted democratic process.

I dont know about other groups but Yorubas are not concerned about 1914 alone, we are also disatisfied about 1906; we did not consent to either union that we were forced into and want out of it or rearrange it in ways that our interest in it is fulfilling.

This SNC situation is a matter of nativity and race. The process should draw a racial map of Nigeria. Each race should convoke within its group and appoint a single voice to speak for it in the national conference. Whether you are 1million in population or 50million; one voice per race. Ethnics should identify with a racial type.

Keep NASS out of this because it is a democratic process empowered by constitution of Nigeria and not customary laws of the races.

Jigawa is a state, not a race, therefore the utterances of Lamido are inconsequential and ought to be put aside.

Tinubu is speaking for APC, which is not a race, therefore his utterances are of no consequence to the mission.

We need to listen to Egbe Omo Oodua and Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Arewa Elders Forum and other racial groups. Tinubu, Lamido and NASS should step aside. This issue is above their interest and sphere of responsibility.
Great!!! Though,
I dont think one individual should represent a Nationality, I think a number between 5 to 10 is ok, because a wide range of issues will be discussed and one individual will not have sufficient knowledge to make informed decisions on the range of issues.

For those who have an alternative view...look at it like this....Nationalities are negotaiting the nation....if Nigeria and benin republic were negotiating to form a single union, there would both come to the table with equal reps, or at the very least equal voting rights...the fact the Nigeria is 20times the size of bene will not factor in...

Hence the Edos, Hausa, Igbos, Yorubas should all feel equal at the negotiating table
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by passion007: 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sterling Towers: Nwabueze suddenly developed cold feet. Na wa o, is he not the same NWabueze that had been shouting on top of his lungs for the conference. Reminds me of a warrior that crossed dressed and left his people in the lurch. May be they breed cowards in the oriental part of NIgeria.
Quit being silly!
Look at his picture, does he look young to you?
The man you're trying to ridicule apparently has an admirable health seeking behavior, unlike people like you who would give their own lives to be on that list.

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by Burger01(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
Just when is this country breaking up abeg This is a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity... else you kiss SNC goodbye.

angry
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by mamiel: 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sule Lamido just confirmed once again how trickish politicians can be. So in his opinion legislators (who are mostly selfish politicians and alot of whom have questionable integrity) are in the best position to negociate our future?
No. The way I see it, elected politicians both in the legislative and executive arms should be far from that conference. Even political party chieftains should be minimized as much as possible if they must be part of it. To answer Lamido's question, Jega does not need to conduct election for the delegates of such a conference. We have kings, Obas, Emirs, Igwes, Ovies Obongs and all kinds of royal fathers in Nigeria. They are elder statesmen and almost all of them had their fathers, or grandfathers deal directly with the bristish lords around the late 18th and early 19th century. They have their royal integrity to protect and the pains of their kingdom at heart. We also have some tested and proven patriots and if they are called on for such important service they will oblige. Eg folks from south south will be happy to see people like Justice Oputa,Pat Utomi as some of the persons to represent them; likewise, easterner won't frown if patriot like Alex Ekweme,Dora Akunliyi represent them. I mean the masses know the right people to represent them, and it will be an avenue to catch Jonathan red handed should the wrong one be seen at such a conference.
We don't want shallow minded, selfish and money oriented elected politicians around the conference. We know how they were all rigged into their elected offices. That they are there in the national assembly as elected those not mean they are our heart's desire.
On a normal day someone, say, like Pat Utomi may not be able to win elections in this country because he might not want to go the unholy miles a regular Nigerian politician would. That is why we should call for their services and not that of folks like Lamido and his cohorts. Besides, Jigawa State need not be 'officially' represented, all that is needed is for proven patriots from Jigawa to be called upon and I bet you they will rise up to the occasion because they are the ones who have this country at heart, not the elected officers.

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by deocakes(f): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
We need to cast the ''Jonahs'' out of the Nigerian boat otherwise the tide will become worse and the boat will sink before 2015. The Jonahs know themselves
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by mathskill: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Arysexy:

Did u read d write up b4 commenting? Prof Nwabueze withdrew on health ground he is 80+ and to show his support for d diaogue, he nominated somebody dat has d same ideology like himself to represent him. If he backed out like u wrote, will he nominate somebody to replace him in wot he does not believe in?

Pls read with ur brain not ur anus
You are the one reasoning with your anu$.The people that appointed him know very well he is 80+.And they know he is well and hearty thats why he was put in charge of the committe. Did you expect him to come out clean and tell you the real reason why he withdrew. Elder's language isn't for small children.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by clemmonce(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Thanks Ngwakwe. I wonder why media is intimidated, no one in the media is driving the conversation. I can already foresee a derailment of the goal going by the attitude in media. We are getting one side of the chatter - the democratic voice; we would like to get the ethnic voice as well.
you knw what the Nigerian media is one of the problems of Nigeria. the nigerian media has been bought by politicians.
Ait. Pdp
tvc. Acn
Stv. Pdp. bruce na jonathan man. he wil never allow the truth to be broadcast
channels. A little bit neutral but they are scared of saying the truth.
The rest tv station are follow follow

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by theoctopus: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
mathskill: You are the one reasoning with your anu$.The people that appointed him know very well he is 80+.And they know he is well and hearty thats why he was put in charge of the committe. Did you expect him to come out clean and tell you the real reason why he withdrew. Elder's language isn't for small children.

Why do you have to read negativity into everything. Why are you guys always negative? It is a very sad way to live. I wouldnt ever want to be you, honestly. In your sadistic mind, there must be something negative and evil in every statement. Someone like you can never live a happy life. It is wrong. The man has told you he is too old to handle it. Why is that not enough for you? Are you a mind reader or something? Are you Matt Parkman? A man who never sees anything good in everything is a problem to himself. Change your ways!

2 Likes

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by SterlingTowers(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
theoctopus:

Always read before you comment. It smacks of illiteracy when you dont! Please go back and read the article again. Though I blame the mods too for also making the title look negative.

What smacks of crass ignorance is making conjectures you cannot substantiate. I will allow you to please ya self after all this is liberty hall. Is it that the old man is pulling a wool over the eyes of gullible lots like you with his silly health excuses or you are just plain obtuse. no one can pull a wool over my eyes I know Nwabueze more than you and I stand by my comment. Now scurry along in your unprofitable biz of conjectures.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by Akainzo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
theoctopus:

Why do you have to read negativity into everything. Why are you guys always negative? It is a very sad way to live. I wouldnt ever want to be you, honestly. In your sadistic mind, there must be something negative and evil in every statement. Someone like you can never live a happy life. It is wrong. The man has told you he is too old to handle it. Why is that not enough for you? Are you a mind reader or something? Are you Matt Parkman? A man who never sees anything good in everything is a problem to himself. Change your ways!

That brings the question, Was Nwabueze consulted before his name was announced?

If he was consulted prior and he said yes, what now changed in his health?
If he was not consulted, why annouce an appointment where the person was not consulted if there is no ulterior motive?
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by papparatzzi2013: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
What we need is SNC and the final ratification must be through referendum and not the the hopeless clueless and empty headed National Assembly that cannot pass PIB bill for 4years but can pass anti-gay bill under 1hour.

The civil societies, media and cultural groups have a lot to do. They need to start sensitizing people now. Let us create a force and movement that any politician cannot and will not be able to use it for their own interest. Be it lamido or Buhari or atiku or tinubu and even GEJ.

This should be strictly be about the people and for the people and by the people process. The people are not NA members, therefore ratification of outcome of the talk must not be done by NA. We did not vote some of the members into the NA. Some of them bought the slot, some of them killed to have the slot and some of them simply stole the slot.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and let us do our bit by sensitizing people around us. Let the wave start from our closet.

You can be rest assured the north will be out to scuttle it. If they can't. They will be out to ensure that NA will be the one to ratify, where they will intend to use their numerical advantage to derail it or they will just for the conference to forment trouble and ensure no head way is achieve.

Our leaders therefore need to be wary of the attitudes of some trouble makers and should therefore be well prepared to tackle such elements with much diplomacy, finesse, superior argument and subtle threat if need be.

Most specifically, there should be no-go area of discussion. Everything must be laid on the table. Simple.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by fkaz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Akainzo:

If he was not consulted, why annouce an appointment where the person was not consulted if there is no ulterior motive?

IMO, Nwabueze should not be called to be one of the advisory member being set up by GEJ. I believe Nwabueze feel their is no point because Nwabueze and his group called THE PATRIOT has already carry their own research and submit their finding to GEJ

It will be waste of time to the elderlyman if he join this group again.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.punchng.com/news/drop-2015-ambition-nwabueze-urges-jonathan/&sa=U&ei=K4hSUrOvNOq30QWz9oGwBg&ved=0CBQQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNHbzl1qTR_TPgzl0rugZPNwbcoihA
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by fkaz(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
papparatzzi2013: What we need is SNC and the final ratification must be through referendum and not the the hopeless clueless and empty headed National Assembly that cannot pass PIB bill for 4years but can pass anti-gay bill under 1hour.

The civil societies, media and cultural groups have a lot to do. They need to start sensitizing people now. Let us create a force and movement that any politician cannot and will not be able to use it for their own interest. Be it lamido or Buhari or atiku or tinubu and even GEJ.

This should be strictly be about the people and for the people and by the people process. The people are not NA members, therefore ratification of outcome of the talk must not be done by NA. We did not vote some of the members into the NA. Some of them bought the slot, some of them killed to have the slot and some of them simply stole the slot.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and let us do our bit by sensitizing people around us. Let the wave start from our closet.

You can be rest assured the north will be out to scuttle it. If they can't. They will be out to ensure that NA will be the one to ratify, where they will intend to use their numerical advantage to derail it or they will just for the conference to forment trouble and ensure no head way is achieve.

Our leaders therefore need to be wary of the attitudes of some trouble makers and should therefore be well prepared to tackle such elements with much diplomacy, finesse, superior argument and subtle threat if need be.

Most specifically, there should be no-go area of discussion. Everything must be laid on the table. Simple.

Thumbs up
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by DoffMan2: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: No, Nwabueze is upset over something else and it will be revealed soon.

There is huge gap between matters of ethnic culture, nativity, value system and that of a constituted democratic process.

I dont know about other groups but Yorubas are not concerned about 1914 alone, we are also disatisfied about 1906; we did not consent to either union that we were forced into and want out of it or rearrange it in ways that our interest in it is fulfilling.

This SNC situation is a matter of nativity and race. The process should draw a racial map of Nigeria. Each race should convoke within its group and appoint a single voice to speak for it in the national conference. Whether you are 1million in population or 50million; one voice per race. Ethnics should identify with a racial type.

Keep NASS out of this because it is a democratic process empowered by constitution of Nigeria and not customary laws of the races.

Jigawa is a state, not a race, therefore the utterances of Lamido are inconsequential and ought to be put aside.

Tinubu is speaking for APC, which is not a race, therefore his utterances are of no consequence to the mission.

We need to listen to Egbe Omo Oodua and Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Arewa Elders Forum and other racial groups. Tinubu, Lamido and NASS should step aside. This issue is above their interest and sphere of responsibility.

You are my hero today.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by SterlingTowers(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Akainzo:

I don't doubt you read the write up but what is irresistible is the fact you really don't read beyond the letters. On a scale of 1-10 you are like in sub zero, little wonder you can't relate.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by SterlingTowers(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
passion007:
Quit being silly!
Look at his picture, does he look young to you?
The man you're trying to ridicule apparently has an admirable health seeking behavior, unlike people like you who would give their own lives to be on that list.

Sort your thought, you are incoherent. Can't help you on that. "Admirable health seeking behaviour” what ever that is?
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by Kei144(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
LocalChamp: Nwabueze quits as national conference row grows

Posted by: Emmanuel Oladesu, Group Political Editor and Ahmed Rufai

Also yesterday, Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido said the conference “is illegal”, adding that his state will not participate in it.

Lamido, speaking in Dutse, the state capital, said there was no constitutional backing for the conference.

According to him, it will be a flagrant abuse of democratic institutions. He said his administration would not be party to it and no delegate from Jigawa will attend.

Lamido said: “The only solution to the country’s problems is good governance and leaders should abide by due process, rule of law and ethics of leadership.”

“This proposal is a flagrant abuse of democracy. We have the Senate and the House of Representatives that are legally and democratically elected to represent constituencies to discuss national issues.”

I foresee that the planned national conference will be frustrated to failure and the Nigerian state will fail with it. Massive crisis (or war) will erupt. And this will coincide with the start of biblical end-time tribulations.

https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014

1 Like

Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by SterlingTowers(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
fkaz:

IMO, Nwabueze should not be called to be one of the advisory member being set up by GEJ. I believe Nwabueze feel their is no point because Nwabueze and his group called THE PATRIOT has already carry their own research and submit their finding to GEJ

It will be waste of time to the elderlyman if he join this group again.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.punchng.com/news/drop-2015-ambition-nwabueze-urges-jonathan/&sa=U&ei=K4hSUrOvNOq30QWz9oGwBg&ved=0CBQQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNHbzl1qTR_TPgzl0rugZPNwbcoihA

Now the real reasons for developing cold feet are coming to the fore.
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by lastpage: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2013

Standing Ovation for you and 'manny4life". Yo be real "mayor" ...not the Tinubu ytpe! shocked shocked shocked

As for nominating representatives, it should be simple enough now: If you can get 100 "verifiable nominations/signatures" from your own "race in your area", you are nominated to "contest" and win by simple majority, at your LG level. Winners from all LG level now go head to head again, to determine who represents a state. In all, all races should produce equal number of representatives with ethnic minorities also producing half as many reps. What we should discuss is "our union as a country, how to fund a "weak federal govt" from the regions (race-based), what and what should be considered as property of the FG (federal Security/Army, SSS, e.t.c), State Police and their limitations and usage/jurisdiction, Regional autonomy and development, Regional laws and the bigger, Federal Constitution and precedence over the state laws, e.t.c.

It should not be about "personalities/politicians" but about "issues".
Politicians would do anything to hijack it (read: Sule Lamido and Tinubu) just so they may remains relevant but we must resist it.

Cheers.

Lastpage!
Re: Nwabueze Quits As National Conference Row Grows by BimboSeoul: 3:04am On Oct 08, 2013
I am nit surprised with the dialogue this GEJ intention has generated - it's all part of a budding democracy.

My views? Without the SNC, this country, my place of birth, is doomed. We need to get all to the roundtable to jaw jaw. Young and Old, Religious and non-religious, North and South. We need to talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway / Critics Failed To Create Enmity Between Buhari, Osinbajo – Tinubu / 'We Are Not In Business Of Deceiving Nigerians' – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.