Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop (15319 Views)

Demon Is Occupying Enugu Government House – Archbishop Chukwuma / Buhari & Other APC Leaders With Archbishop Of Owerri (Photo) / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by alcuin(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:
Sir, abeg to disagree. You are wrong
It is the FG that allows the strike to linger.
Is it not shameful that no Nigerian University is in the top 1000 in the world and government cannot implement the Agreement they sign to upgrade our universities.

instead of pressuring ASUU , turn that attention to the FG that are spending so much to maintain themselves

And you think they are on strike to put Nigerian universities among the first 1000 in the world?
Were are not there when our university rankings plummeted??

For Pete sake, it is for "earned allowances". Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by taharqa: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
blackpanda:

You are very correct. Everyone is shouting ASUU as if the strike started on basis of mere frivolity. Nigerians are so blessed with short memories and are highly impatient. If ASUU backs down everytime, do you think FG will ever listen to them. People should reason with their brains not with sentiments. Its unfortunate that students have to stay home for this long, but that just goes to show you the level of priority that education has in this country. BTW have you ever heard that members of the NASS were ever owed any money, or that the President was unable to pack his cronies on frivolous leisure trips due to lack of funds?? Nigerians wake up abeg!

The FG has already release #100bn and #30bn to University Councils for Infrastructural upgrade and 'Earned Allowances' respectively (some Federal Univs have received about #3bn whilst some State Univs got about #1bn), with a promise to increase it to #150bn from next year. The FG has also just released the 2013 TETFUND money, almost an additional #100bn if am not mistaken, to Tetiary Institutions in the country including Univs.

The FG, this year 2013, budgeted a whopping more than #400 to the Education Sector, the highest in the history of Nigeria and for the 1st time, the single largest item in the budget (although unfortunately it is mostly RECURRENT, going mostly to Salaries of ASUU and others members, owning to the Implementation of a new Salary Scale for Lecturers, Implementation of the new #18,000 Minimum Wage which ASUU and Co also benefited from, the largest expansion of training of Staff in years to Masters/PhD Programmes home and abroad tru such Govt programmes as TETFUND, STEP-B, PTDF, etc and as generously acknowledged by ASUU itself recently, etc).

We know that much more still doing, particularly in an extremely crucial sector as Education, but cud you give the FG a break and stop been unreasonable.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by onyeka205(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Georgesmartt: I have read a lot about ASUU's plight to the FG but I still think that ASUU are not doing any good to Nigerian students, They should device other means of getting the FG to comply with their demands because this strike is really slowing the Nation down in some aspects.

Please could you suggest any other method that can be used to get the FG to implement the 2009 agreement.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by kzokul(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pataki: What an utterly daft Archbishop.

Why not lose your eediotic sympathy for the FG that fails to honor an agreement?

What manner of evil beings continue to cloak themselves as men of gods in this country?!
U must b psychologically disabled 2 have called an Archbishop daft.......May God 4gv u sha.......
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by samtos007: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2013

Why not lose your eediotic sympathy for the FG that fails to honor an agreement?

What manner of evil beings continue to cloak themselves as men of gods in this country?!
You need to grow up. Who are you to judge them and rain abuses on a man of God.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Johnsinia(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
ASUU shuld be ban
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Sajio(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2013

U must be a fool, the biggest for insulting a man of God! What has ur father since ASUU embarked on dis strike? Big FOOOOL! Just shown how u insult ur parents @home!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Slickest(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Analyst42:

Your level of poor upbringing is evident. When the Catholic Archbishops criticise the govt, its applauded by people like u, but when its otherwise pple talk this way. I am not the type that insults the clergy, else I did say "Your IMAM IS A FOOL".
So what makes you diferent from him...
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by RealAlfranco: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013

Well to exhibit your talent of writing in good english, you simply had to insult the Bishop shey?? 1st of all,this is totally his opinion. And if u noticed,he didn't insult anyone when airing his opinion!! Learn something from this 'evil beings'...
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Lagishan: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
mikewoques: ''You don’t go on a strike for
a long time, especially in a
sector like education, which
is the bedrock of the
development of any society.''

Have they not been going on strike and calling it off in a short while? Where their needs met.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Koolmak(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013

In the school of argumentation,we dont attack the personality.Please learn that.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Femistico(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:
Is it not shameful that no Nigerian University is in the top 1000 in the world and government cannot implement the Agreement they sign to upgrade our universities.

instead of pressuring ASUU , turn that attention to the FG that are spending so much to maintain themselves
so what gives you d impression that after d money have been paid our university will be in d first 1000 in d world, guy u ain't crious...
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Siraleeyu(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
chinedugreat: dis president of ASUU r we sure if his children r here studying or if all his children hav graduated?becus if he hav a parental care he should accept de offer and cal off de strike.he wish nigerian bt he should think twice.
mumu......hu tell u dat he can accept the offer on his own??
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Adesam01(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
propzncribz: Its simple, any lecturer that fails to turn up to class should be sacked with immiadiate effect. I mean in a society where you have millions of people looking for job, some are doing shakara. Nonsense.

You will soon understand! Do you know what it takes to get a PhD? Many Nigerian scholars abroad dont wish to return because the academic environment is not encouraging...

1. Our libraries are stocked with outdated books;
2. You cant borrow a book from the library because there is only one copy or fear of the unknown;
3. Few or No university have free Wi-Fi connection for the lecturers and students;
4. No power supply;
5. Laboratories are almost empty and the few equipments that are available are outdated; Imagine submitting a research paper to Elsevier or John Wiley, claiming you have made a contribution to knowledge whereas the equipments you used are obsolete with high error tendency.
6. So many more...

Of a truth, some of the lecturers are bad - dubious, without personal integrity etc but that should not stop the good ones from demanding for the right thing.

My friends, If you have the opportunity of studying abroad you will see the difference - Countries that are not up to us are doing well with functional educational system and are ranking high on the QS world university ranking system.

I pray God help us!

My submission, we need a better government that desire to see a new NIGERIA where everything is working!!!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Siraleeyu(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Femistico:
so what gives you d impression that after d money have been paid our university will be in d first 1000 in d world, guy u ain't crious...
let the FG giv them, let's c b4 u can talk
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by druzor: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:

if the goverment fund only 3 uni instead of 58 uni it is currently funding,they will become number one in the world.do u observe that only one or two uni in each country make the list and nt all the uni in those countries made the list? do u know hw old these uni are and hw they hv built their facility over time?do u know in other country uni r funded differently?

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by lordibem(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2013

you are the most foolish and daft unfortunate in d world. Must you insult your father and grandfather to make your irrelevant and foolish point. Make your point and not insult the exulted Archbishop, that you will never attain his honourable and societal status till you die.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2013

Mr man,there are somethings you should find out,ok.Those that participated in the said negotiation that produce the agreement as @ 2009 were mostly civil servant.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by iykofias(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
If ASUU calls off ds strike,dey wil all die n rot in d hottest part of hell_ALL Of DEM!!!
After 4mnths dy r now telling dem 'to sheathe dia sword'_whch sword?. I tink we v gotten to dat junction wia it is either do or die, agreement or no agreement.Can u even imagine ds pple? Dy want to postpone ds strike til nxt year!!!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Hardeyoye: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
I don't believe ASUU should call off the strike until Fg answers them. Were they sleeping or forced to sign the agreement? Why paying ASUU in parts? Is there no money? How much have they looted since then? Students, I believe you people will be better for it at the end. If they call off now, I know Fg will still not pay the rest till JEG will leave the seat. Any govt that comes in after will start another war. Let ASUU fight it to a logical conclusion NOW and we can say bye bye to strike in our institutions of learning, shikena!
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
Finally ASUU calls off strike after 3months of delibration,..FG finally agrees to pay the 1.2trillion naira demanded by ASUU,and earn allowance of 9billion naira,.but said all paymnt would be made b4 the ending of november,..president of the Academic staff union of University has
summoned all lecturers to returned back to their jobs n urge all students to resume classes after which AKPORS wokeup from SLEEP ...what a
dream!
Goood mornin
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by touch4mony: 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:

all this time they went on strike during obj and yaradua regime how much where they given for infrastructural development,why did yaradua u signed the agreement not give them what they where demanding which of the agreement did he fullfill,govt have given 100b to start with by nxt 150b will come and this is not part of 8 .5% which is there bugetry allocation .if they collect 400 b will it reduce school fee,sexual harassment of female students,sorting etc.how can u monitor what they are doing.ASUU for me are criminals who wants to leave like politicians they can leave the classroom and go contest election.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by oyeludef(m): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
AnodaIT:

did those universities who made d list of 1000 achieve dat overnight? does the fg giving d agrievd union 3tr guarantee us makin d list? would money also make up d lapses on d lecturers part? av u forgotn dat most of dem r product of ds same systm? it a big shame d educational unions in ds country hs resolved into using blackmail wch really points us to who d real enemies r. if othr sector in d country should engage industrial action for dat long dis same lecturers wld b off d shores of d country.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by raymondinc(m): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
What exactly are ASUU fighting for, is it upgrading or rebranding educational system?
They should stop all these after all they 'the lecturers' are not helping us. They are so corrupt to an extent no lecturer is proud to say I wrote a book rather duplicating from other peoples' text books as handout.
During the days of our forefathers, there wasn't much problem like it is now. All they are insisting on is how greadily and desperately they want to enrich themselves. Let government give them that money and go back to these schools and see after six months if he will still find those apparatus and laboratory equipment that they are claiming to put in place. For christ sake! Who are they deceiving? They are all criminals, who had sent their own children to study in other countries while they turn ours' to doom.
God will never forgive these so called leaders for all their atrocities.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by SPIDER90: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin Hmmm the hunter is now being hunted.
Seriously speaking, we are all tired of ASUU and her strike actions.
I think as eggheads they call themselves, they should have invented a better and more civil way of venting their anger. Leave all the story about infrastructure, the bottom line is SALARY INCREASE. But for God sake you don't cut off head because of headache, do you put house on fire because you want to kill rat?
ASUU think well o
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by babyhrt(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2013

dis pataki of a guy u can neva b pataki in life oo.I hav been folowing ur posts in dis forum.u r S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡ abusive n result to name callin at evry given chance not considering d age or position of ur victims.I hav com to a conclusion abt u,its eida u r sufffering 4rm inferiority complex or u dnt hav elderly pple in ur lineage.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Ayed44: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
A

But u yoursel do not sound reasonable too
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by babyhrt(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Was her speeches that worse?
there is notin like speeches.it is nt evry word in English dat ends wit ch dat u add es to generate it plural form.
Re: I Have Lost Sympathy For ASUU – Jos Archbishop by Ayed44: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS / DSS Issues Fresh Invitation To Mailafiya / Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.