Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? (2317 Views)

5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? by ATMC(f): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
esere826: .........and surprise, surprise yes, it could also be referring to satan (not lucifer)
and comparing the babylonian king to Satan or even Adam and eve (who were cast out of eden and their flesh soon suffered decay)

But why are many so 100% sure that it is Satan?
(it tickles us like those 300 and "clash of the titan" movies abi? -fine fine satan, messing up and then pushed to the earth by a powerful God, ..no be so?)

...the general idea i am pushing accross is this:
Have we tought about what we think about, and why we think that way?
are we just swallowing anything and everything hook, line and sinker?
As a man thinketh so is he the bible says

Why enslaving our most precious assets (our minds) to the unrigorous toughts of others?

......food for tought -adding Dr, Saint, Son, Chief, Pastor, Lucifer, Master, Bishop to the front of ones name does not really change the person's intellectual content (....or does it not?)

(I hope to share some insightful topics on this^^^... join me later on)
is ur moniker also Lucifer? I dey suspect yhu oooo
Re: Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? by esere826: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: is ur moniker also Lucifer? I dey suspect yhu oooo

LOL
no..its not
What I'm doing is like performing a delicate surgical procedure where it's difficult to tell the difference between cancer and organs
-no hard and fast rules

On the one hand
Lucifer is now accepted (even by me) as refering to Satan, however, in the begining it was not so
I even hear that a pope was once named lucifer
So if suddenly we see a man called Pastor Lucifer performing miracles, what would be our reaction?
(we go say d person na devil abi?)

.....Interestingly the silly chap that posted SCOAN video to rebuke me should know or think better because he's boss has been accused of being Belzebub for not conforming to the church's perception of pastors. A case of spoon calling knife "silver ware" i guess

On the other hand
The Isiah 14: 12 verse might not neccesarily be refering to Satan
it could be anything from Babylon's king, tower of babel event, to Adam and eve's fall from grace
so why the strong desire to ensure that it refers to Satan
na so we like devil matter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Holy Spirit Is An (active Force) Then Jehovah Is Also An (active Force)! / If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil / Why Heaven Can Never Be A Place Of Joy For Sane People. Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.