Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola (14585 Views)

Re: New National Curriculum: No Merger Of Crs And Irs / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks / Nigeria: Fg To Hand Over 100 Almajiri Schools By June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by stuffs4me(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Most Christians don't even know their religion, hijab is not only a Muslim thing, even the Bible speaks against nudity. The life and time of Mary, mother of Jesus Christ explains all this.
Southern Christians have too much extremism in them sha.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Cleanman(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2013
He has good intentions/policies for the state but the sch merger thing is wrong...hope he corrects this.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Rexyl(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2013
I foresee an attempt to erase the foot prints of missionary schools which helped in greater dimension to shape tradition, culture and moral values. If the move is good in the first instance it shouldn‘t have generated massive protests.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Omexonomy: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Haywhymido: See segregation of d highest order.since d schools av bin mergered if xtians r allow to attend muslim public schools,y will d xtians stop d muslims 4rm attendin dia schools.I av said it b4, na dis xtians go start religion war 4 southwest.n dey do preach abt love ur neighbour as urself. Arrant nonsense.
these are the type of nönsens you people love to peddle. I can see an attempt to turn every xtian to muslim by force.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by gerald09(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Seriously!!! According to the article the governor merged children from Osun state schools. I didn't see were he merged a church and a mosque. Hw does wearing Hijab affect the christian child from learning maths, Biology etc. Its sad dat our children are suffering from our deluded religious hypocrisy yt majority of them really don't understand what it is to be "chris Like" if this was d tym of Jesus christ do u fink he will protest against dis or welcome d development, please so called christians ans me. Hw do u love ur neighbour yet hate dem cos dey dress differently. FUC*K Religion it promotes hate.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by SenatorM(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2013
i dont see this as a welcomed idea
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Cleanman(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2013
stuffs4me: Most Christians don't even know their religion, hijab is not only a Muslim thing, even the Bible speaks against nudity. The life and time of Mary, mother of Jesus Christ explains all this.
Southern Christians have too much extremism in them sha.
and the muslims in the north are what?...saints?

6 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by bankyblue(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dammytosh: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Let us be factual,

Besides the identity of the school that will be corroded with different and silent aspect of the merging. (Dress mode etc)

Can muslims allow wearing of Celestial Church Of Christ white garment in a muslim school or allow christians to fellowship in the same?

This assumed monopoly of violence is sickening and i fear the worse might come out of this.

With acclaimed 'Educational restructuring'. I will assume returning schools to the original missionary owners and building Govt schools will make more sense.

What else do you expect from a leader with that kind of trouser. A potential terrorist in d making. angry

10 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by feminancy(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
This NINJA dress don tire person
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dammytosh: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
gerald09: Seriously!!! According to the article the governor merged children from Osun state schools. I didn't see were he merged a church and a mosque. Hw does wearing Hijab affect the christian child from learning maths, Biology etc. Its sad dat our children are suffering from our deluded religious hypocrisy yt majority of them really don't understand what it is to be "chris Like" if this was d tym of Jesus christ do u fink he will protest against dis or welcome d development, please so called christians ans me. Hw do u love ur neighbour yet hate dem cos dey dress differently. FUC*K Religion it promotes hate.

Like serriously ? Why should you wear hijab ? Why is it called a "UNIFORM"

Values and standards can not be compromised cause of any monopoly of violence from any group. Leave their school alone, is it that difficult to comprehend ?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by akunle20: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
Unfortunately, what many do not understand is this;
The Baptist in Iwo Osun State are not against any Educational Restructuring of Merger which the govt. is championing, but are against Erasing the IDENTITY of Baptist which involves Educating our children with Christian backgrounds and foundation. The question is this; will the govt. of Osun state and Aregbesola allow the non-christian's posted to these schools go through the same curriculum and educational foundation Secondly, many of these Baptist schools are supported by various churches and missionary organizations, how will the govt. of Aregbesola and Osun state wake up now and begin to campaign a merger when such schools are now standing and an educational reference in academic excellence; Lastly, the statement by his media aide, Semiu Okanlawon, to "allayed the fears , promising that the interest of all groups, organisations, religious and social bodies would be protected in the ongoing re-classification and reform" sounds as an afterthought since their opinion was not considered when the so called policy was been formulated!!!

5 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Bee4real: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2013
[b]
kevoh: Children are the future of tomorrow. What ever they absorb while growing up will be part of them till they grow old. Integrating muslim,christian and traditionalist children in one school is not a bad thing. They will simply learn how to tolerate each other and carry this tolerance with them when they become parents and teach their own kids how to love others irrespective of where they are coming from.

The sooner we learn how to live with each other in Nigeria the better for us.
[quote][/quote]

I think we can all see where the problem is emernating from now:
1. Did any of the Muslim founded school reject this?
2. Who pays the salary and takes care of the workers in the said schools?
3. If it were to be Muslims protesting just as they have protested now , Imagine the type of HEADINGS on the pages of news papers?
4. That popular saying LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR.....is that the way to prctise it?

Western and media war against ISLAM...................................................................I rest my case for now.

8 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Hamazz1: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2013
Wsdm: *Where is religious tolerant?
*Why are the Muslims not protesting as well?
*Is hijab/ covering only Muslim things( Mary's portraits Is always on hijab)?
* I hope this nonsense will not divide the enviable religious tolerant of the Yorubas.
GEJ OVER TO YOU; AN OPPORTUNITY TO CAUSE DIVIDE IN AN OPPOSITION STATE IN PREPARATION FOR 2015.
in as much as d critics wnt to criticize nigerians have never been so polarized along ethnic n religious lines as now animosity btw the fates grow per second there is noting that govt at all levels should be concentrating on other than religious harmony it is only when we do things harmoniously that we can tolerate each other as a people n wht better place to start than d school good initiative RAF narrow minded nigerians will never get the rationale behind such creative gesture.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by BabaO2: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Wsdm: *Where is religious tolerant?
*Why are the Muslims not protesting as well?
*Is hijab/ covering only Muslim things( Mary's portraits Is always on hijab)?
* I hope this nonsense will not divide the enviable religious tolerant of the Yorubas.
GEJ OVER TO YOU; AN OPPORTUNITY TO CAUSE DIVIDE IN AN OPPOSITION STATE IN PREPARATION FOR 2015.

Tolerate hijab in a christian founded/funded school..? tolerate preaching islam on fridays in christian founded school? Can you travel to saudi arabia with a bible in your luggage? NO.
Muslims will not protest because it favour them, they know best education,discipline,,,are best practiced in christian schools. Go to reputable private christian schools around, you will find muslim children there, but go to muslim private schools, you will never and never find christian children there.
10 muslims out of 100 population will disturb your peace.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by authority2006(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Guyman02:
Why not move to Benisheik, Bama or Maiduguri and type your comments from there. if you love your neighbour without them loving you back is that not trouble for you?
The Gov should have carried out wider consultation before implementing the policy so that the intention will be very clear to everyone. With the level of violence across the world in the name of Islam, Christian parents will not be comfortable with hijab wearing and heavily bearded students in Christian owned schools.
Muslims as good religious people need to redefine their way of life and make people feel comfortable in their midst..
You are sick. If you are not comfortable around Muslims, I think you should know your way to the Vatican City.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by donsimon2(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2013
kevoh: Children are the future of tomorrow. What ever they absorb while growing up will be part of them till they grow old. Integrating muslim,christian and traditionalist children in one school is not a bad thing. They will simply learn how to tolerate each other and carry this tolerance with them when they become parents and teach their own kids how to love others irrespective of where they are coming from.

The sooner we learn how to live with each other in Nigeria the better for us.
u spoke my mind here...
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2013
Haywhymido: See segregation of d highest order.since d schools av bin merged if xtians r allow to attend muslim public schools,y will d xtians stop d muslims 4rm attendin dia schools.I av said it b4, na dis xtians go start religion war 4 southwest.n dey do preach abt love ur neighbour as urself. Arrant nonsense.

Islam is peace. Abeg make dem no cause religious war in South West o.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Haywhymido: See segregation of d highest order.since d schools av bin merged if xtians r allow to attend muslim public schools,y will d xtians stop d muslims 4rm attendin dia schools.I av said it b4, na dis xtians go start religion war 4 southwest.n dey do preach abt love ur neighbour as urself. Arrant nonsense.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dammytosh: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2013
DMainMan:

More like Christian Crusaders/Terrorrists.
Anoda version of Boko haram in South West. God help Nigeria

Your slow comprehension amazes me. They just exercised their power of peaceful protest. Or did they demand that you become Muslim or die by bombing.

Please respect people's right

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Leward(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Cleanman: and the muslims in the north are what?...saints?
sure. Jihad is a spiritual exercise
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by goshen26: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Weldone jare, Mr ad'agba je RAUF, don't mind all these people, 2014 is around the corner.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by solomon111(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Bad governance.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Princeadedimeji: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2013

The bitter truth is that Christians don't like Muslims and there religion, they only pretend......... and a not surprise because there religion has turned to a private business.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Policewoman(f): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Maybe the christian parents fear that the muslim students may initiate their children into terrorism, suicide bombing and religious fanatism. The hijabs may also be used in hiding dangerous weapons like knives, guns and even bombs. I'm just saying sha.

6 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2013
Policewoman: Maybe the christian parents fear that the muslim students may initiate their children into terrorism, suicide bombing and religious fanatism. The hijabs may also be used in hiding dangerous weapons like knives, guns and even bombs. I'm just saying sha.

You are not an exemplary police woman.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Princeadedimeji: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2013
goshen26: Weldone jare, Mr ad'agba je RAUF, don't mind all these people, 2014 is around the corner.

AM NOT SURE YOU CAN PRODUCE ANY GOOD LEADER IN YOUR FAMILY WITH THE WAY YOU ARE SOUNDING.......

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2013
I laugh @ Osun people....an Ustaz as Guv? Please vote him again and I will tell you that "you ain't seen nothing yet"
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by mayorall(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Poor people. They wanna meet with the Governor to get bribes. Is it only their school. What about muslim schools, they didn't sweat while building the schools shey?. If Hausa, Fulani, igbo, calabar, irobo enter Osun wan school, eku abo. Small room can contain 20 cements we should just love each other. This merging is even a way of creating bonds between the religion groups unlike our brothers in the North killing theirs selves.

I'm a christian thou so please religion drunkards should know how to Crusify me here.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2013
Plz tell me more

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Mexyz(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2013
@princeadedimeji,do u really blame christians for nt liking muslims or islam? Luk out hw nd wat the christians used in protestn d policy,bt you and i knw wat d muslims wud ve used if it were a be dem. D skul is financd by missionaries,they dnt want islam.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Bee4real: [b]

I think we can all see where the problem is emernating from now:
1. Did any of the Muslim founded school reject this?
2. Who pays the salary and takes care of the workers in the said schools?
3. If it were to be Muslims protesting just as they have protested now , Imagine the type of HEADINGS on the pages of news papers?
4. That popular saying LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR.....is that the way to prctise it?

Western and media war against ISLAM...................................................................I rest my case for now.

U av said it all. Dis people love hatred like mad instead promoting harmony. De love segregation.

Bros Nyc 1. Thank God people av started knowing d truth abt Islam. In short, u av hit d nail on d head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evolution: People Then And Now(Funny Photos). / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / How To Apply For 2018 UCLAN Cyprus Scholarship For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.