Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola (14448 Views)

Re: New National Curriculum: No Merger Of Crs And Irs / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks / Nigeria: Fg To Hand Over 100 Almajiri Schools By June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Arysexy(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2013
DMainMan:

Bokoharam are not muslims cos a muslim cannot kill a muslim praying in d mosque.

Dose oda organisation are against American policies. Once de support America policy, de wil b best of freinds.

Luk at in Syria now, Al Qaeda and Americans are best of freinds. America gives them billion of dollars and buy weapons for the Al Qaedans.

In fact, D west now call dem freedom fighters.

De also protect them from Syria Military.

Do u know y? because de want to use them so de can take ova Syrian Government and steal their resources.

Guy wise up. Dont follow all these western media (e.g cnn, bbc) trying to lie and deceive people abt Islam. Watch Cctv (china tv), aljazeera, and many more.

U dont deserve to b deceived anymore.

Muslim can't kill musim? So d daily bombing btwn shia and sunni isalmic groups in parkistan, afghanistan, iraq etc na america be d shia and sunni? Keep pointing fingers while d remaining 3 point back to u.

On d topic, dis policy is just an attempt bt d bigot aregberascal to erase d efforts of d christian missionary and dia educational legacies, while peter obi is returning missionary school back and funding them to bring back d lost glory they brot, dis bigot is only concerned abt erasing d names of d christian missionary skuls.

Muslims av benefited more from missionary school who are only concerned in giving quality education irrespective of ur faith, dats y skuls like st Gregory college ikoyi av muslims pass tru d schools and still retain dia belief, but can dis happen in islamic skuls? D hate filled attacks emanating from dia horn speakers every friday is enof to tell u wot they av in stock for xtians. Aregberascal shud hand over missionary schools bak to them and do wot ever he wished with d govt skuls.

Dem wan reap wia dem no sow? Mtchewwww!

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by airfinance(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Oyetboy: ur english is the reason why he is merging them together!
thanks jare
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Sovet: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Boko haram d west support abi.alshabb,if dey west support them lk in libya assad wound hv been go since.is it nt ur muslim countries qatar,saudi arabia,turkey,egypt etc that supply d terrorist wit arms and tell dey west there will pay for any cost of US intervention simply because he is a shia and nt a sunni.d west say if we give them arm they can 1 day use it against them. Iran a shia gov support her syria broda assad who is a shia alawites.so who r dey terrorist is it nt u sunnis.even ur quran was a conspiracy b/w aisha and king uthman to write a quran to support only dey sunni and the shia and other groups become enemies of islam.we should nt watch cnn and bcc we should watch presstv and u blame game everything that happen in dey mid east is Israel and US.abeg grow up stop blaming people for ur problem settle down and settle it.if u watch presstv nw it will say it is Israel that cause dey civil war.muslim kill muslim because mohammed say allah say through an angel jibril for muslim to kill any one who question islam is an enemy of islam when u reach hell tell mohammed that God never send people to kill for him.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by walexlugas08(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'd prefer be a rascible on this, but something pricked and forced me to comment on this topic,to be objective and realistic, I, personally feel that this new education policy should not cause any trouble in any part of South West region,because we use to say that it's only our states that exercise peace,love,tolerance,and harmony,so why this segregation? Since the school inception we knew that christian missioners even our Master(British) are christian and yet muslims children attend their school without ever have a thought of religion barrier once,showing your grievances, feel, should've been objectively rather than this,is there ever any holy book that allow self-judgement,or self-segregation on religion aspect? Does presence or attended of muslim,or admitted of muslims to those christian missioners schools has ever caused any disasters,bane,inconviniency,trouble,obliteration or any? If not why now segregation? We only know start of the battle nobody knows it consequences or end,so let's be careful for god sake because god has never allowed any beings to judge his mankind!
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Firefire(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
I am totally against this rascality...
why merge schools together?
why joining Hijab wearing students with non-Hijab wearing?
I attended BAPTIST HIGH SCHOOL IWO.
The school is made of both Christians & Muslims from all background.
So, this is not a religious fight or something…
What BAPTIST CONFERENCE is saying is NO TO MERGING OF BAPTIST SCHOOLS
What BAPTIST CONFERENCE is also saying is NO TO MERGING OF HIJAB STUDENTS with non-Hijab wearers.
I know there are schools for those who want to practice their religion 100%
There are schools in Osun with full Islamic wears.
Aregbesola should marge likes together.
I am not against wearing of Hijabs if you choose to but not in CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS.
I also attended ZUMURATU ISLAMIYA PRY SCHOOL, Hijab is allowed as well as other Islamic Academy.

Merge Islamic Schools to ISLAMIC schools.
Merge Christian Schools to CHRISTIANS schools
…. If you MUST MERGE.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by kidiat: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
May God save us from all this nuisance, before u know they will soon turn schools to shopping complex where they will share all the shops among themselves. Fakunle Comprehesive high school be turn to shopping complex when there is no enough schools for people of Osun state, the compex is for shoprite for Tinubu business empire, wait I see.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Williams4life: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
What is going on 2day
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by honifome(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
As a baptist member,christianity discipline is our opium.We cannot tolerate incoherent merger based on the ground of our rigid constitution.If we allow this,reverend Bowen will not be happy in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Atyem(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
I wonder why so many people got it wrong, the gov is not seeing any pupil as a Christian or Muslim. he wants them to have equal treatment and be able to grow up tolerating one another. if government is to fund all Sch , there should not be xritian or Muslim government sch. I know the yorubas very well, that will not bring any negative issue to the state. the religion leaders should not allow the opposition to use them
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Abbey2sam(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
pecker_lord:

You must be silly.....dont judge any religion.]
be good at your faith and leave others

But he's saying the truth,
Darkness and light has nothing in common
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by IYANGBALI: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
I wonder why our so called leaders always like to cause unnecessart problems in our society?what stoopid policy does he want to implement by bringing muslims into christain schools and christains into muslim schools,aregbesola got it all wrong here,I see him as an up coming shekau in the south west,he is a security risk to the country and he should be placed under security watch by the Federal Govt

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Rexyl(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
kidiat: May God save us from all this nuisance, before u know they will soon turn schools to shopping complex where they will share all the shops among themselves. Fakunle Comprehesive high school be turn to shopping complex when there is no enough schools for people of Osun state, the compex is for shoprite for Tinubu business empire, wait I see.

...but I thought shoprite was the innovation and extension of OOdua business conglomerate, the one owned by the South West governments. So the company is one man biz?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by IYANGBALI: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Atyem: I wonder why so many people got it wrong, the gov is not seeing any pupil as a Christian or Muslim. he wants them to have equal treatment and be able to grow up tolerating one another. if government is to fund all Sch , there should not be xritian or Muslim government sch. I know the yorubas very well, that will not bring any negative issue to the state. the religion leaders should not allow the opposition to use them
not in a country like nigeria where religion is a very sensitive issue
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dammytosh: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Atyem: I wonder why so many people got it wrong, the gov is not seeing any pupil as a Christian or Muslim. he wants them to have equal treatment and be able to grow up tolerating one another. if government is to fund all Sch , there should not be xritian or Muslim government sch. I know the yorubas very well, that will not bring any negative issue to the state. the religion leaders should not allow the opposition to use them

Don't be decieved. A Government who approves hijab on UNIFORM sees xtian and moslem.

A Governor who wears that kind of trouser and did everything to make sure GEJ (Xtian) even though others soft pedal.

For a Governor with that kind of gegemu ( as if Fashola is not a moslem)

For a Goevernor with that kind of violence in reclaiming his 'mandate'

He must be put under check.

I am 100% sure GEJ was referring to him in the popular 'rascality' and south west.

Some one should tell him those schools are people's sacrifice and life (scores die of malaria to give hope for the future generation)

We will not allow any form of corruption in any form.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Chizua(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Coldfeet: Christianity is all about loving ones neighbour na! Why all this bruhaha? Will the merger change the curriculum of the school? Honestly if there should be a protest I think it ought to emanate from the Muslims who have been uprooted from their own schools to join another! Because I don't think they are finding it palatable! Was the school board not aware of this merger? Were both parties not privy to the new marriage? And why is one side so aggrieved about it?

...because the merger is in their favor, that is why they kept silence. How many school did their missionaries established?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Chizua(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
stuffs4me: Most Christians don't even know their religion, hijab is not only a Muslim thing, even the Bible speaks against nudity. The life and time of Mary, mother of Jesus Christ explains all this.
Southern Christians have too much extremism in them sha.

The governor should open up with his hidden agenda. ...merging school owned bt xtians today and unmerged tomorrow to be shared by both xtian and moslem.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Rexyl(m): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2013

Are you a politician? We are talking about reasons for protest against destruction of legacies and missions of the founding fathers of missionary schools. You seem to woo people to support the inglorious mission of the government. Interestingly hardly will see newly established schools with enough space and standard facilities similar to what you see in the missionary schools. Why can't the government upgrade the dilapidated infrastructure and upgrade teachers in these schools instead of the planned destruction.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nonybb: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
soma042: Look @ what this people has done to Islam cry cry cry cry
Wat have they done to islam? When Usman Dan Fodio was busy carrying out jihad to initiate ur forefathers into islamic religious cult, the christians were busy building schools, government, preaching love and establishing missionaries. Due to modern age u ppl have refused to read the history of how islam came to Nigeria. Islam came with sword and christianity came with missionaries and building schools. Because time have past and u guys think we can merge light with darkness. God forbid

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by dbride: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
stuffs4me: Most Christians don't even know their religion, hijab is not only a Muslim thing, even the Bible speaks against nudity. The life and time of Mary, mother of Jesus Christ explains all this.
Southern Christians have too much extremism in them sha.

Which Bible did you get this very dark info about Christianity from? The one who wears hijab has covered nudity? What comedy.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by chloride6: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Is the government funding this schools? if YES, then the government reserves the right to merge the pupils

However this issue of hijab is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last i checked Nigeria was still a free secular country and God bless

our nation, it MUST remain so.This habit of wearing hijab to school is

without in fact mincing words, UTTER NONSENSE. In accordance with the

constitution, Islam is just as important as Christianity, Hinduism,

Shintoism ( if we have any practicing Shintoist in this country), and

consideration for any religion without extending the privilege to others

is plain BIAS which must be resisted.

if for instance female Muslim pupils are allowed to wear their hijab.

Shouldn't Cele pupils be allowed to come school barefooted? Or better

still, shouldn't Catholics be allowed to come to school with a gold chain and cross

hanging around their necks?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nonybb: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
walexlugas08: I'd prefer be a rascible on this, but something pricked and forced me to comment on this topic,to be objective and realistic, I, personally feel that this new education policy should not cause any trouble in any part of South West region,because we use to say that it's only our states that exercise peace,love,tolerance,and harmony,so why this segregation? Since the school inception we knew that christian missioners even our Master(British) are christian and yet muslims children attend their school without ever have a thought of religion barrier once,showing your grievances, feel, should've been objectively rather than this,is there ever any holy book that allow self-judgement,or self-segregation on religion aspect? Does presence or attended of muslim,or admitted of muslims to those christian missioners schools has ever caused any disasters,bane,inconviniency,trouble,obliteration or any? If not why now segregation? We only know start of the battle nobody knows it consequences or end,so let's be careful for god sake because god has never allowed any beings to judge his mankind!
Go and tell that to people in the northern part of this Nigeria cos i knw a state up north where u can never be allowed to build a church in an open community, especially the urban area. That state is Sokoto. Even if u are allowed to do so, it will be built to look 80% like mosque. Wat should had bordered u more is that Usman Dan Fodio should have done more of charity work like building schools, hospitals and church than carrying out jihad to people. I praise the people of Ibadan for fighting hard to resist that agent of Late Muhammad
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Wsdm: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
dollyparton:
Oponu ni e. What is it with this your warped thinking? Christians didn't say muslims should not attend their schools, they merely said the don't want the use of hijabs in their schools. Talking about Christians attending muslim schools, more muslims attend christian schools in any part of the country if you care to know. Christians are more tolerant as against your silly assertion. If christians are not tolerant I dare say the level of illiteracy among muslims would have been higher in any part of the country and they would be seriously playing catch up had the early Christian missionaries not thrown the school gates opened to all and sundry whether christians, muslims or traditionalists. Whether private or public, more muslims attend christian schools than christians attend muslim schools. So the next time you wanna argue, use your head and not your heart bro.
If Muslims allow their children to attend Christian schools knowing fully well that Christianity is what they will be taught there. And no Christian can even try such thing. Who is more tolerant of other then? Unless i don't understand your post.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Dawdy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Some of You here are talking out of ignorance, You think Aregbesola wants to merge Muslims Students with Christian students. You dont know Baptist High school iwo, merging or No merging, Iwo Baptist has ever been 90% Muslims, 10% Christians. I'm an Iwo indegen, ask any Iwo indegen to confirm. Let the Muslim take their Children out of that School and see how many will remain. All the Government schools belong to the Government, whelther they bear Missionary's names or not.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by DMainMan: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dawdy: Some of You here are talking out of ignorance, You think Aregbesola wants to merge Muslims Students with Christian students. You dont know Baptist High school iwo, merging or No merging, Iwo Baptist has ever been 90% Muslims, 10% Christians. I'm an Iwo indegen, ask any Iwo indegen to confirm. Let the Muslim take their Children out of that School and see how many will remain. All the Government schools belong to the Government, whelther they bear Missionary's names or not.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by BeraBera(f): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=14pt]Gov Rauf Aregbesola should better not spark up a religious crisis in the peaceful state of Osun. Let him not do things that would jeopardize the peaceful co-existence b/w Christians and muslims in the State. Why merge both schools? What happened to the school where the hijab-wearing students had been schooling all these while? He should rather improve the infrastructural facilities in that school and make the learning environment conducive instead of merging the students with students in a totally missionary school.
Besides, the Governor should reduce the rate at which he's trying to make Osun State look like a country of its own, with it's own unique practices. With this his new education policy and new structure, i bet you if any student in Osun happens to change school to a school outside Osun, adjustment and placement in appropriate class would be difficult for the child. [/size]
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Wsdm: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
dammytosh:

Don't be decieved. A Government who approves hijab on UNIFORM sees xtian and moslem.

A Governor who wears that kind of trouser and did everything to make sure GEJ (Xtian) even though others soft pedal.

For a Governor with that kind of gegemu ( as if Fashola is not a moslem)

For a Goevernor with that kind of violence in reclaiming his 'mandate'

He must be put under check.

I am 100% sure GEJ was referring to him in the popular 'rascality' and south west.

Some one should tell him those schools are people's sacrifice and life (scores die of malaria to give hope for the future generation)

We will not allow any form of corruption in any form.
Bring your own Christian way of dressing and the Muslims will gladly accept you. Are you going to be boastful of peganic dressing cause you fail to follow the one in your books? Muslims takes Islam as a way of life while Christians confine Christianity to the church.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by gratiaeo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
But why is government interfering on schools build by church?
So its now difficult to build a school in Osun state......
Muslem, my fellow Christians said that they did not need you, (masquerade like) plss go and build your own school. How is this hatred or wickedness?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
I totally disagree with the Governor on this. If he is really sincere in improving the standard of education in my dear state, let education be funded properly. This I believe will increase the productivity of the teachers which will in turn produce better students. Also the Governor is yet to answer the question on Fakulnle High school.
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Tundeajani(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
smartchoice: I laugh @ Osun people....an Ustaz as Guv? Please vote him again and I will tell you that "you ain't seen nothing yet"
dont stress yourself too much even your bling bling pastor a.y oritshemumu will vote aregbe come 2014 courtesy good governance..grow,drop your hate.pathetic bigot.

1 Like

Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by gratiaeo(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dawdy: Some of You here are talking out of ignorance, You think Aregbesola wants to merge Muslims Students with Christian students. You dont know Baptist High school iwo, merging or No merging, Iwo Baptist has ever been 90% Muslims, 10% Christians. I'm an Iwo indegen, ask any Iwo indegen to confirm. Let the Muslim take their Children out of that School and see how many will remain. All the Government schools belong to the Government, whelther they bear Missionary's names or not.
are you for real?
The protesters said, they did not want "masquerade wannabe" in their school. Is this difficult to comprehend?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Leward(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
Chizua:

...because the merger is in their favor, that is why they kept silence. How many school did their missionaries established?
what about the arabic schools? You chop craze?
Re: Christians Protest Merger Of Schools By Aregbesola by Rexyl(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
Osun govt do not instigate violence. It happens slowly like this then the real mission comes out and subsequently people will be at logger head, and before you know what is happening organised miscreants would have taken over for all forms troubles just like the boko boys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Redeemer University Expels 28 Students For Failing Drug Tests / OAU 41ST Convocation Live Update. / ASUU Strike To Be Called-Off Soon - Adamu Adamu, Minister Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.