Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising (2910 Views)

Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... / PRESS RELEASE: MEND Exposes National Dialogue Committee Member, Tony Uranta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2013
The National Conference Committee set-up by GEJ is to consult widely and make recommendations as to the form and structure this Conference/Dialog is going to take and when I say consult widely; your opinion as a nigerian at home or abroad can go a long way!

If we don't chat a way forward for our dear nigeria, who will?

Ok, enough said. I'm gonna include some polls below, feel free to express your opinion! God bless Nigeria!
@Mods I'll appreciate if this could make front page sharp sharp!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by infoscope(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Nairalanders and their ingenuity....Let's see how this one goes. taking the front seat in the discussion.
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Like if you're for a Sovereign National Conference

15 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Like if you're for a National Conference
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Like if Citizens should participate directly!

5 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Gombs(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2013
Infoscope abeg shift for me...me ma I wan watch aw the discussion go be!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Like if you're NOT scared of a Sovereign National Conference

9 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by luvinhubby(m): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2013
1, I grew up in a barracks with an Hausa friend called Bella, went to primary and secondary school together, was so close that we decided to attend same university, sat together for JAMB. Bella scored 205 while I got 233. Both of us did not meet the 245 cut-off mark but Bella was given admission for the course because he was from `educationally disadvantaged state` and i was offered a lesser course or try next year. angry
Why should I remain a part of that country?

6 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Like if Citizens should participate through representatives!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by CROWE: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2013
The national conference won't work because even if the states reject certain terms they cannot secede. The American and German states had to be listened to because they were joining their respective nations on their own accord and could refuse to join if they didn't like the terms, here if the south says there must be state police and the north refuse the south cannot leave and forcing the issue will just turn it into a fight. There are many things the respective regions do not agree on, federalism is suppose to fix that but ours has been hijacked and deceiving the fools in senate is the only way to fix it. This dialogue will not make any headway, still I am curious to see how it unfolds.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2013
luvinhubby: 1, I grew up in a barracks with an Hausa friend called Bella, went to primary and secondary school together, was so close that we decided to attend same university, sat together for JAMB. Bella scored 205 while I got 233. Both of us did not meet the 245 cut-off mark but Bella was given admission for the course because he was from `educationally disadvantaged state` and i was offered a lesser course or try next year. angry

That there isn't fair my friend
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

That there isn't fair my friend

Children from Anambra who scored 138 (69%) in Unity school entrance exams were not given admission, they must score 139 but those from Yobe who scared 2 (1%) were admitted.

That is one the things that make Nigeria "one". Such things confirm that we are the "giant" of Africa!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by TeaParty: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Everywhere in the world….villages, towns, hamlets, cities, people groups are asking for autonomy to enable them take charge of their affairs and develop at their own pace. For instance Bosnia Herzegovina has a population of less than 4million but today they are a country of people governing themselves and making progress in various areas of human endeavor.

To the best of my knowledge all Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani States claim a population of over 4million each. Yet they are very scared and very unwilling to agree to the restructuring of Nigeria so that each geo-political zone can take care of its affairs and develop at their own pace.

Just mention the word Sovereign National Conference and you will find these Governors, the Emirs, the Sultan, the Arewa Consultative Forum, and the Northern Elders Forum - all of them shivering like dogs with their tails between their legs.

Instead of making it an issue and a strive for power to return to the Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani in 2015 ….. the Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani should be asking for the restructuring of Nigeria in a way that enables them to enjoy autonomy and develop at their own pace with one of their own (preferably Buhari or Sule Lamido) as their leader. That way the power they are clamoring for will remain with them forever ….. in their geo-political zone, from their geo-political zone and for their geo-political zone. ...... makes more sense than the entire "New PDP", PDM & APC crisis.

2 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Afam4eva(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
noblezone:

Children from Anambra who scored 138 (69%) in Unity school entrance exams were not given admission, they must score 139 but those from Yobe who scared 2 (1%) were admitted.

That is one the things that make Nigeria "one". Such things confirm that we are the "giant" of Africa!

Chai...This is a sad commentary on how ugly Nigeria has degenerated. How can this even be explained?

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:08am On Oct 09, 2013
[b] I can tell of a lot of youths who couldn't gain admission into a certain university in Nigeria just because you're not an indigene of that state despite their excellent UTME/Post-UTME score! They'll only admit a pretty non-indegenous girl who ready to meet their intimate desire!

In Nigeria today your citizenship doesn't count once you're away from your home state.

Take a look at this:

THE REALITIES OF CITIZENSHIP IN NIGERIA

«TRIBAL CITIZENSHIP- Highly Important
«STATE CITIZENSHIP- Very Important
«REGIONAL CITIZENSHIP-Important
«NATIONAL CITIZENSHIP-Less Important

CAN YOU SEE HOW OUR VALUE DECREASE WITH THE SO CALLED NATIONHOOD?

In as much as I want this country to progress there're lots and lots of self-centered-socio-political bottlenecks {for lack of a better word} that's been hindering our progress! It's high time we get up and not just speak but act and obtain that which belongs to us!

FOURTEEN YEARS AGO WE WERE TOLD THAT WE'RE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW, TODAY THEY'RE STILL TELLING US THE SAME! THAT'S BULL POO! I SAY WE'RE THE LEADERS OF TODAY PERIOD!!! angry [/b]

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Chai...This is a sad commentary on how ugly Nigeria has degenerated. How can this even be explained?

The aboki up North'll wobble out an explanation somehow?

Oh gosh! angry
What's the essence of our continued existence;

»When everyone can't be treated as equals?

»Where opportunities can't be granted to you based on merit?
»Where due attention is only given to your plights if you're killing with guns and machete?

»Where political leadership is by genealogy?
»Where politicians and bureau chiefs are more immune to convictions than a phone thief? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013

3 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Rexyl(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
By the time all Nigerians are ready to come out and define who they are and how things should go, probably I will say something!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
ALL i want is the peoples republic of South East Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Rexyl(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nonso23:
who is to blame for the ''educational disadvantage'' these states are wallowing in?
Every geopolitical zone in Nigeria was given a chance at getting their people educated throughout the colonial era. Why should the people who made good use of this chance be made to suffer instead of enjoy the fruits of their decision?
That certain sections have less educated individuals is not a reason strong enough to slow down the progress the more educated regions are making all in the name of ''nationality''.
I agree '' let every region be allowed to develop at their own pace''.

I wonder o. when people have enough opportunities and do not care to derive any benefits. How would people that love to handle sophisticated instruments rejected proper training. Even in the villages where parents use only crude tools they try all means to secure proper education for their children, that makes meaning to parents in the South. Mr A like something Mr D doesn't like it and view versa. By the time we get everything listed and desires of everyone noted, people will begin to see where they should go, and not where they are going
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by fineworker24(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
luvinhubby: 1, I grew up in a barracks with an Hausa friend called Bella, went to primary and secondary school together, was so close that we decided to attend same university, sat together for JAMB. Bella scored 205 while I got 233. Both of us did not meet the 245 cut-off mark but Bella was given admission for the course because he was from `educationally disadvantaged state` and i was offered a lesser course or try next year. angry
You should remain because Gowon and Awolowo prefer injustice to justice.
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Brimmie(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Okk We Siddon For Here!
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by mamiel: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
It is not with his clear eyes that GEJ is throwing this NC at us, it most probably has a political undertone. But I don't expect anyone from Southern Nigeria to kick it aside simply because it is not same as a SNC. Definitely the SNC will be more impactful, but a smart person should be able to see the oppurtunities that are hidden in an oppurtunity. Even if we don't achieve anything from the NC, I bet u the issues that will be negociated will open the eyes of our younger generation so that they will know where we are coming from. I bet you right now, a Sultan or Emir somewhere would have taught his 7yrs old son that Nigeria is their property, but we southerners let's ask ourselves how many of our teenagers even know that they are still being led as slaves 53yrs after a supposed independence was pronounced. And do you think if every soul in the South understands the nitty gritty of resource control, that the North will still be going to sleep comfortably?

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Omexonomy: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Expect no contribution from reasonable pipul.
Yaruba pipul don pollute nairaland with their smelling mouth odour.
They have succeded in pursuing pipul away with insult and their smelling body odour.
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
infoscope: Nairalanders and their ingenuity....Let's see how this one goes. taking the front seat in the discussion.

You said it bro! What we've got on nairaland are bunchs of unfeeling folks. Left the thread for few days and it's already dead! undecided
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by abbakacici: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
and your so called gods the uk and america are still using the same formula when giving admission or employment that a latino or black with lower sat marks will be admitted agiant white with higher marks
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
abbakacici: and your so called gods the uk and america are still using the same formula when giving admission or employment that a latino or black with lower sat marks will be admitted agiant white with higher marks

^^^
The question is, has it helped??
If our self-made gods from whom we copy this system haven't gotten it right even now, why should we thread on that same path??
I say we should define our own destiny in a way that'll work best for us! Shikenan! angry .
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2013
i wrote jamb and got a score of 283 my igbo frnd got 271, he was offered medicine, i wsn't given any admission bcs i am not frm dt region (east)....................rubbish, its a nrmal practice to consider less educationally developed regions wen it comes to admission , it is practiced even in ur so called 'perfect'USA....

let d matter be discussed,

I AM FROM THE NORTH AND I AM FOR DIVISION

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Rexyl(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2013
dmalam: i wrote jamb and got a score of 283 my igbo frnd got 271, he was offered medicine, i wsn't given any admission bcs i am not frm dt region (east)....................rubbish, its a nrmal practice to consider less educationally developed regions wen it comes to admission , it is practiced even in ur so called 'perfect'USA....

let d matter be discussed,

I AM FROM THE NORTH AND I AM FOR DIVISION

How do you mean?
abi d South na d head ache 4 d North? And how does the South respond?
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Rexyl:

How do you mean?
abi d South na d head ache 4 d North? And how does the South respond?

^^^
If The South (south-east/south_south) is no headache to The North then who is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenya Overtakes Ghana, Tunisia As Size Of GDP Climbs By 25%. / PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory / APC Reps Disown Impeachment List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.