Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World (30938 Views)

How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone / What Consumes Most Of Your Mobile Data? / Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by awolols(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
How long did it take you to upload this post? Sorry I forgot to add this crappy post!
How would you sit down and say we pay cheaper for Internet services? The epileptic one?
Don't ever compare us with u.s again in terms of services cos they get the best and we get nothing.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by blink6(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
I totally disagree with u...@OP.
Developed countries like U.S, pay less and for unlimited... BTW! U easily connect to open wifis and pay even lesser.

Unlike the networks in Naija: where u are limited to a certain bandwidth and your network speed makes u wish u never subscribed.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by iyobs7(f): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
In India, I pay #500 equivalent for Unlimited 3G for a month... cool cool cool
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Krazor: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
India is fast leaving the third world strata =ariseandshine]You must be working for a Network provider.

Pls do your research again and next time use India or any other third world country for ur analysis or comparison.

How much were you even paid to post this?[/quote]
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by ebode(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
you info no convince me. 500mb for online gaming nor dey reach for 1hr talkless of one gig. $85... For 500gig. You must be workin for one of the telecom companies in nija. Tell us beta cheat abeg. undecided
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Burger01(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cheaper.. but how faster and reliable is the connection? Not with all these throttled speed across all platforms.

sad
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by afrikanns: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
is like u are jobless abi. nonsense post.
u that is job full keep it up, monkey dey work baboon dey chop kinda work.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by afrikanns: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
u that is jobful keep it up, monkey dey work baboon dey chop kinda work.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by afrikanns: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by sCun: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
write2obi: I totally agree with you, Op
Here in Dubai we pay Dhs210 for 500mb
Dhs1 = 43Naira

Just yesterday you said you had returned from Dubai, now you are back in Dubai?
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
VERY STUPID POST

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Idrismusty97(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Comparing mobile data between developed countries and Nigeria is a huge,outrageous, and complete waste of time.Unlike Nigeria they have functional law system So if a network operator try to extort their citizens they would be sued.

Cheapness without quality is rubbish.for instance Empty hen will not allow you to finish their so call 160mb in their 2hrs data plan.Do this to a citizen in US and you will be banned.

Sorry OP,This tread is frogshit!!!
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Deiok(m): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
I love the comments i am seeing here. Maybe the op thought the nigerians on this forum are dumb.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by write2obi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Scun: Just yesterday you said you had returned from Dubai, now you are back in Dubai?

Lolz see Taribo west(marking), Am in Lagos now bro, English can be confusing atimes
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Valto(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Osita_inklord:
This is false. Unlimited wifi in u.s is $80 per month. $30gives you 3gig in Tmobile... Nigeria is in the dark ages.
$30= #4800... In nigeria glo offers 3gb for #5000. Nigerian network providers are fair and considerate in their data plans, not minding the high cost of running business in nigeria.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by sCun: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
write2obi:
Lolz see Taribo west(marking), Am in Lagos now bro, English can be confusing atimes
Ok boss!
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Iko5000: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Three network uk is 25 pounds for unlimited internet. 2000 any network mins and 5000 texts per month
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by leggo: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Valto: $30= #4800... In nigeria glo offers 3gb for #5000. Nigerian network providers are fair and considerate in their data plans, not minding the high cost of running business in nigeria.
i hope glo gives you a promotion.. maybe now you'll become a senior gateman

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Valto(m): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
fr3do: Lies
what do you take us for?
you compute the 'pay as you use' rate and put it up here.
Even at $85 for 500MB,they pay an equivalent of 26.7 naira per MB.
Meanwhile our pay-as-you-use price rate is 51 naira per MB or 5 kobo per KB.

Hehehe
I just read that AT&T charges 50$ for 5GB,thats 5$ for 500MB!
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/2012/dataplan-smartphone/
its not calculated like that... In data plans, the more data u buy, the lower the price. U wrote $50 for 5gb in USA, which is approximately #8000 in nigeria
In nigeria glo offers 6gb for #7500, mtn, airtel and etisalat offer similar packages. So in conclusion Nigerian network providers are fair in their data plan prices.. Even though our Nigerian network providers internet services are not that reliable, but at least the data plan prices are good.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Valto(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
leggo: i hope glo gives you a promotion.. maybe now you'll become a senior gateman
u must be very naive not to envisage what i replied.. Am not a glo staff. am just pointing out the obvious fact.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Arsenate(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Slaves trying hard to rationalise why it's that expensive in their masters' country. What a sad bunch of self haters.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
i pay 45 dollars(about 8000 naira) in the U.S every month which includes unlimited data(its 4gb of data but when you finish the 4gb they reduce the speed of your internet but they don't stop it like naija) ,1200 minutes and unlimited messages undecided. Plus i hardly use the phone data becos i have wifi at home which like 25 mb/sec speed truly unlimited i pay $35/month (about 6k naira). In school there is free wifi and at work there is free wifi. You go browse till you tire. grin

But naija is trying sha, before i left 500 naira credit will last you less than 10 mins just to browse wap sites not even desktop sites. The network self is war i will be shaking the phone on the air so i can download one game becos if the download cut ur credit will go too.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
This guy must be stupid... I paid over $40 dollars for internet abroad and i never got bored or every used the refresh button.

What are you talking about sef? You are a very stupid guy... Its cheap according to you and dead slow ... Useless people etisalat, glo , mtn and airtel.. All uselesssssss
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Iolo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
oneangle: This guy must be stupid... I paid over $40 dollars for internet abroad and i never got bored or every used the refresh button.

What are you talking about sef? You are a very stupid guy... Its cheap according to you and dead slow ... Useless people etisalat, glo , mtn and airtel.. All uselesssssss

I wasn't the one who came up with the research...the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) did (http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics/Pages/stat/default.aspx)

I think it's high time people recognize that the OP is not the one who conducted the research...I only stumbled upon it and found it interesting thus thought to post it here in order to get your opinions on it. Whether or not we have crappy internet service or whether you feel the research is wrong isn't and shouldn't be my fault, hence I wonder why the insults.

Its high time Nairalanders learn to air their views without trading insults.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by write2obi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Valto: its not calculated like that... In data plans, the more data u buy, the lower the price. U wrote $50 for 5gb in USA, which is approximately #8000 in nigeria
In nigeria glo offers 6gb for #7500, mtn, airtel and etisalat offer similar packages. So in conclusion Nigerian network providers are fair in their data plan prices.. Even though our Nigerian network providers internet services are not that reliable, but at least the data plan prices are good.
my point exactly
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by getukudo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Una sabi complain sha... undecided oya mek una go riot na! Naija too bad, corrupt and useless! Govt no tie una leg oh! Ghana, Togo, Cameroun no too far!

#SippinCoconutJuice #ReppinGhana
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Osita_inklord:
This is false. Unlimited wifi in u.s is $80 per month. $30gives you 3gig in Tmobile... Nigeria is in the dark ages.

I will rather believe you..
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by dustydee: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
In the UK, my provider is offering 1gig for £1.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by mbulela: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Iolo:

Nigeria comes in the $20 - $40 range which is cheaper than the USA and some other developed countries.
so you are actually expecting us to compare mobile data in the US and naija?
Have you ever heard of the thing called quality?
In my neck of the woods part of lagos,MTN 3G never works. i mean never. Yet i pay for data bundles unfailingly. Once i step into the highway from my hood, mails start dropping like rain from the skies.

We have not even started talking about the speed yet.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
eagle,eye:
What's the price of Etisalat 500mb data plan?

its N2000 and it doesn't even last me 2weeks on my tecno f7. worst is NCC has refused to regulate data prices in Nigeria...

so I spend N4000 browsing monthly. total rip off. op, rather than being dragged in the mud, do your research very well next time before writing scum...

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
okpara ugo:

its N2000 and it doesn't even last me 2weeks on my tecno f7. worst is NCC has refused to regulate data prices in Nigeria...

so I spend N4000 browsing monthly. total rip off. op, rather than being dragged in the mud, do your research very well next time before writing scum...

I heard the data plan in naija favored BB users. its understandable Android phones eats more data than BB. BB phones cannot be compared with android phones in data browsing, the advanced nature of android phones is very high it can do almost the same thing a s a laptop. I still think it should be the same though.
Re: The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
This "analysis" is so full of cowDung, the font shd be brown..
Pls OP do you know the amount of data glo offers for N1000 to Nigeria? 260MB!
Do you know the amount of data glo offers for N1100 in Ghana? 1.2GB. SO PLEASE do not stay there telling us to be grateful for the ABSOLUTE RUBBISH data bundle tariffs our criminal Nigerian Telecoms operators give you and I.
You talk of other countries and the US's price of data and present some out of context archaic research to support your indirect support for Nigerian Telecoms criminals.
I ask you OP, how much do users pay to AT&T per month for normal data? Check their website itz $30 (apprx N4700) for 3GB data.. SO PLEASE Enlighten us where your $85 for 500MB came from.
People will just come here and post insidious TRASH adverts with baseless facts and stewwpid diagrams and expect people to believe them hook, line and sinker.
You GO AND TELL THOSE CRIMINALS YOU ARE HERE DEFENDING that their days of ROBBING NIGERIANS BLIND ARE OVER.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apple Releases The New Awesome Red Colour Of Iphone 7 / Yes!!!!!!!!! You Can Now Play Pes 2013 Ppsspp Android Adhoc Multiplayer. Rep#tka / Could This ‘newly Discovered’ Whatsapp Feature Enable Anyone To Spy On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.