Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (39153 Views)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta: This is some village comedy stuff. Placing curse on people in 2013 over some ofada stuff is mad crazy for real. Smh...

bros.. curse isn't the right word for what the Obi said.. nobody can place a curse with an ofo.. Ofo is the symbol of justice..

what agbogidi said loosely translates to "whoever desecrates the land will carry the consequences with his head"

now where's the curse in that? the press is just doing what they know best.. exaggerating

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by chukwumafabian(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Elections r not won on nairaland, particularly by getting support 4rm dose who r not connected 2 d said polity n will not vote on d election day. D odds seem 2 b against Ngige dis tym. He seem 2 b getting everythn wrong

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
chymystique: IMO, that curse is jst a mere abracadabra!.. Seriously I dnt see d wrong Ngige did by fixing his rally on the same day of d Ofalla.. He is having his ofalla and so wah ... Curse ma foot! undecided

babe.. close your mouth Biko.. the sanctity of the ofala isn't the problem here.. but it's quite disrespectful considering the ofala date was announced last year..

I used to think that campaign trains do pay courtesy visit to the monarch of town they are in for blessing.

Obi of Onitsha is a First Class monarch in Igbo land in the mould of the ooni of ife.. Ngige ought to have respected that fact

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by NDSMART(m): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
wisdom-w:
How does it affect de price of condom in my sch?

WEED IS NOT GOOD FOR UR BRAIN

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dbride: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta: This is some village comedy stuff. Placing curse on people in 2013 over some ofada stuff is mad crazy for real. Smh...

Funny thread, funny comments, a fall out from Ngige's refusal to apply WISDOM........stubbornness took control!!!

No wise Pastor would fix a crusade on a day slated for any festival, why? because he would want MAXIMUM audience.
A wise Fashola would not campaign on Eyo festival day for the same reason ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Most stubborn people always want to prove a point, sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. Ngige knows better which category his choice has placed him. Generally, short people enjoy raising unnecessary dust anywhere, anytime for some psychological satisfaction lol.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by UkwuNnu(m): 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
He that the gods would destroy, they first of all make mad!!!

So many people supporting Ngige and abusing Igwe Achebe, Obi of Onitsha are not Igbos. I understand how ignorant people can be but I pity Ngige because He just lost Onitsha vote. There are men you don't toil with and to think that Ngige a titled man from Alor would commit such sacrilege as to fix a rally in Onitsha same day as the most important day for the Onitsha dynasty is a thing to be worried about.
It brings the questions about who actually are the advisers of Ngige? The SWners? Oh! Poor thing
There is no way Fashola can fix a rally on Eyo festival day in Lagos, it is not done.

Well, I wonder if the SWners would now vote Ngige next month at the pools.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: I have to respond to your observations because of your high sense of responsibility. Think about it this way, do you think Ngige will intentionally disrespect a traditional institution. The Ngige I know may be stubborn but he is a not that silly. It's either he was not aware of that ofala or the opposition set that trap for him. Let me ask you, if not for Nairaland, were you aware of the ofala festival?

bros I was aware.. the ofala congratulatory messages have been on the pages of newspaper from last week..

it was obvious Ngige fixed a date that was favorable to his distinguished guests.. that's the only logical explanation here
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by stantob(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided
The Obi of Onitsha is not a cultist nor a ritualist. He was a retired Shell worker and the mantle of Obi fell on his shoulders at the death of Obi Ofala Okagbue. So don't insult an Honurable man. If you are a fan of Ngige, tell him he got the one very wrong. It was tradition that gave birth to politics. Read your Bible if you are a christain. Read your Koran if you'r a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by ideyvexnow: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
lol

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by FreeGlobe(f): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
kingbang:

All these Nairaland kids sef. Please where are the pictures of Ngige's rally? At least Chino posted that of Obiano. Give us pictures please. grin grin
don't you have TV in your house? It was all over the TV. Bring up another hogwash

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
APC has really messed up this time around.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by leofab(f): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
o'boy:
I feel his pain though i wasnt present at rally but my source told me that ngige made the very famous ofala festival look like birthday of a 5 year old,many people closhed their shops to see ngige,never happened in anambra before
the obi of onitsha should save the curse for peter obi who has done nothing for his onitsha people
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by FreeGlobe(f): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
ideyvexnow: Ngige just made is BIG mistake.

There are some fights you don't pick and he just picked a fight with the wrong guy.

The Obi of Onitsha is closer to the people than Ngige is at the moment. Ngige should have made him an ally and not an opponent.

First, Ngige joined a Yoruba party, next, his Yoruba party merged with an Hausa party, next his party deported Igbos and now he has desecrated Igbo culture. All this has happened even before election, just Imagine what His Hausa/Yoruba party will force him to do if he wins.

God forbid bad thing.
Nonsense, maybe the crowd at the rally were not igbos or onitsha, for them to abandon APGA/Peter Obi's Ofala for Ngige's campaign says a lot. Peter Obi must be sh1tting his pants now. lol

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by akpanbaba: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
That na small thing.The curse will be removed immediately the Obi sees Ghana- must -go- bags arriving his palace.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax:
Rapu nwatakiri afu undecided.
He must be one of those children of 'my mama talk say I be Ibo' angry
Umu efulefu angry grin

Lol @ My mama talk say i be Ibo"...

I tell you, many people are very ignorant.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by UkwuNnu(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
akpanbaba: That na small thing.The curse will be removed immediately the Obi sees Ghana- must -go- bags arriving his palace.

Very funny. You are really a kid who don't know Igwe Achebe.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by leofab(f): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
o'boy:
I feel his pain though i wasnt present at rally but my source told me that ngige made the very famous ofala festival look like birthday of a 5 year old,many people closhed their shops to see ngige,never happened in anambra before
the obi of onitsha should save the curse for peter obi who has done nothing for his onitsha people
m.u.m.u where you there? Judging from what you read as if you have forgotten how the Press can paint such an occassion. Ask an eye witness for a fair and countable relay...
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
akpanbaba: That na small thing.The curse will be removed immediately the Obi sees Ghana- must -go- bags arriving his palace.

Yeah kinda like how your traditional rulers are bought with money right?

Don't worry, the ruler in question isn't poor either..

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ewarrior: In my opinion, this has only shown how popular Ngige is and it also means he stands a very good chance to be the next governor..

Let's look at it this way:

If the festival was very important as they say (I'm not saying its not important), most people would av shunned the rally and attended the Ofala festival.

But from what I av read,It seems more pple attended the rally and shunned d festival dats why the Obi is pissed...

I can't imagine a politician holding a rally the same day as the "Ojude Oba festival" or "Osun Oshogbo festival" na shame go kill that politician. Even the most popular politician in yorubaland won't try it.

what you forgot is that the ofala is a week long festival but Tuesday was it's peak when agbogidi makes his revered appearance..

and who told you a mammoth crowd followed Ngige? a mammoth crowd of okada men and barrow pushers looking for who will throw money at them..

the same ppl ran after ifeanyi ubas rally entourage at Tarzan and new parts.. I can authoritatively tell you that main market Onitsha didn't bulge during Ngige's rally

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by iHustle(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chino72: Whenever Obi of Onitsha goes into the (Ime-Obi) and hits this royal regal on the ground against anybody, that person is finished..

That was what Obi of Onitsha hit on the ground against Ngige for insulting the oldest dynasty in the black world- the Onitsha Kingdom...

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dbride: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
danny301: What has ofada or whatever they called it got to do with a politician flagging off his campaign?... To think that some youths are even carrying placards and protesting a non-issue as that is something else... Is it 'ofada' the people need or good roads, employment, quality education,etc?... This is 21st century for God's sake.... And for Peter Obi, he should stop capitalizing on petty issues for campaign... He should be telling the people how many schools he built, how many roads he constructed, how haw jobs he created, How he expanded the economy of the state etc and not how APGA shifted her campaign from 8th to 7th because that does not solve Nigeria or Anambra's problems... It is a bad thing if Anambrian are bent on discrediting Ngige not because they true think he is unfit for the position but because affiliation to what they termed "a yoruba party"...

You simply lack wisdom and Ngige needs it to even grab that position before he can build the roads and all that. Note WISDOM is not Politics and everybody, young and old, needs it to reach our desired goals.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Mantissa89(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
Some people are id.io.t. Does it mean dat ngige does nt knw that obi of onitsha is doing his festival dat same day. The ruler of onitsha community. Ngige does nt have respect 4 the king. Til november 16th we wil show u dat apga is dat owner of state. What baffles me is the way some people outside the state comment on anambra politics is uncalled 4. Every state have tradition which even d state govts respect.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by kingbang: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
don't you have TV in your house? It was all over the TV. Bring up another hogwash

Don't you understand simple English? I said post pictures and let us see the crowd. clown!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
bushwailo: Wonders shall never end.
The same Obi who is Catholic Father has turned to traditional rulers this time around.
And his senseless gullible village rats are following him.

Ngige has been endorsed by the umbrella organisation of Traders in the state
And you are depending on this clown whose authority ends in Enu-Onitsha.
This clown has no say in Onitsha metropolis not to talk of Anambra as a whole.

They have bribed the 1diot and he has pitched his tent with the ilk of those who will turn around tomorrow and say that Onitsha people are not real Igbos. undecided

bros stop making noise.. which traders endorsed him? he should tell us that main market white house endorsed him or Building material market exco..

Guy all these things are mere propaganda.. I dare Ngige to come to building material market ogidi and say that trash.. he'll receive the biggest pure water pelting of his life

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by oboy3(m): 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Is onicha too small to contain both the rally and the ofala?,i smell politics here
The Obi of onicha should use his tongue to count his teeth

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
o'boy:
Is onicha too small to contain both the rally and the ofala?,i smell politics here
The Obi of onicha should use his tongue to count his teeth

Like someone said, you're the type "my mama say I be ibo"

If you had any form of respect in you, you'll know it's not about big or small, but deference to an instutution. That Office of Obi has governed Onitsha people for decades, so Ngige should know better.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by MyNose: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided
Mechie onu gi ebe ahu osisi. Don't u ve respect for ur elders.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by nadis92(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
wisdom-w:
How does it affect de price of condom in my sch?
condoms that will be used to decorate ur wallets?? U hv to finish wacking off first . Anumpama
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Ngokafor(f): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ngige abeg go and pack yourself in one corner make person see road,you've lost already as expected...your cheerleaders cannot help you unfortunately.Old man wey no sabi play politics.Always committing one blunder after another.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Mantissa89(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
malele:

There is no how ngige won't know there is ofala on that day. Are u saying igwe woke up and fixed ofala festival.
Don't u do ofalla in ur town, does ur igwe wake up and fix it without notice?
Some people are id.io.t. Does it mean dat ngige does nt knw that obi of onitsha is doing his festival dat same day. The ruler of onitsha community. Ngige does nt have respect 4 the king. Til november 16th we wil show u dat apga is dat owner of state. What baffles me is the way some people outside the state comment on anambra politics is uncalled 4. Every state have tradition which even d state govts respect.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by FreeGlobe(f): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
kingbang:

Don't you understand simple English? I said post pictures and let us see the crowd. clown!
what do I need pictures for when the whole Nigeria watched the event live and can tell for themselves. Keep asking for what is irrelevant dullard, its clear you obi supporters are foaming in the mouth by the crowd that followed Ngige. Even Peter obi and his obiano were at the ofala but couldn't command crowd. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by obayaya(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
toothpaste: In as much as I hate oily dirty soup, I would not side with Obi here. The way he betrayed Soludo will hunt him too.

Onibanje and ngige should be left to battle APGA squarely. We would stand aside and watch.

Guy.. lmao.. when you guys were calling governor obi. adaobi.. you guys forget what a smart man he is. a smooth operator..

imagine soludo, a known PDP guy joining apga a month to primaries and wanna be gubernatorial candidate. and a year after wining, he'll go back to PDP.

well soludo is smart but governor obi outsmarted him here.. gave him flawless victory.

soludo, ekwunife.. all of them.. they no fit cough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Children Hold Rally For Nnamdi Kanu's Release In Rivers (Photos) / Asabe Asmau-Ahmed, Petroleum Fund New Boss, Appointed By Jonathan / The Petition To Buhari & EFCC Against Amaechi, That May Cost Him Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.