Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (39152 Views)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by chymystique(f): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
malele:

If u are from anambra state, u will understand dey don't joke with there ofala.
Its an insult to the igwe. It shows nigige does not have respect for him.

Is dt a reason for him to curse him??

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta: This is some village comedy stuff. Placing curse on people in 2013 over some ofada stuff is mad crazy for real. Smh...

I suggest the Obi of Onitsha urgently needed to be admitted to Yaba psychiatric hospital to check his brain for loosed nuts !

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by lagcity(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Live and let live. Obi of Onitsha is acting like a spoilt teenage girl throwing tantrums like that.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
I don't know about you but as an Igboman that I am,I know about ofala festival very well.It is festivals like eyo masquerade festival held outside southeast that I may have heard of through terrestrial tv stations like ait,nta or online forums like nairaland.
Idi Amin: I have to respond to your observations because of your high sense of responsibility. Think about it this way, do you think Ngige will intentionally disrespect a traditional institution. The Ngige I know may be stubborn but he is a not that silly. It's either he was not aware of that ofala or the opposition set that trap for him. Let me ask you, if not for Nairaland, were you aware of the ofala festival?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Is this how you are campaining for ngige?
~Bluetooth:

I suggest the Obi of Onitsha urgently needed to be admitted to Yaba psychiatric hospital to check his brain for loosed nuts !

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by gleaf: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngige started dining with strange bedfellows and forgot the norms and customs of his people!!! typical of what to expect if he is mistakenly pronounced winner of this November election.

As for people questioning Obi"s decision , the Igbo tradition and custom is still very much respected and practiced in Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
malele:

How many curses has that useless Obi or whatever he calls himself placed on corrupt politicians in Anambra State?

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Mylove55(f): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tradition in dis 21st century,i want dis backward way of living called culture and tradition to be expurge frm d constitution.beside d igwe must be unpopular dat nobody know d date of d fest.no advert,d youth don't like trad tins again,dey all pack follow ngige,dat is how he wil win,even d igwe wil vote 4 ngige
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by FreeGlobe(f): 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
malele:

tell that to the mammoth onitsha crowd who will actually vote that gathered at the rally. The obi of onitsha has become an APGA member so he is not taken seriously

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Ewarrior: 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
In my opinion, this has only shown how popular Ngige is and it also means he stands a very good chance to be the next governor..

Let's look at it this way:

If the festival was very important as they say (I'm not saying its not important), most people would av shunned the rally and attended the Ofala festival.

But from what I av read,It seems more pple attended the rally and shunned d festival dats why the Obi is pissed...

I can't imagine a politician holding a rally the same day as the "Ojude Oba festival" or "Osun Oshogbo festival" na shame go kill that politician. Even the most popular politician in yorubaland won't try it.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by gregg2: 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngige is finished

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by yomexp(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
this obi just played right into NGIGE'S political strategies. this guy is a leaner.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
chima12: Is this how you are champaining for ngige?

What's champaining ? tongue

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by kelvin4love(m): 1:27am On Oct 09, 2013
This is something i would love to get to the eyes of every Nigerian no matter your category, I have spent several years on the internet trying to solve a problem facing Nigerians when it comes to online money and I have come to discover the major problem as the lack of the proper information and so many restrictions backed with a dearth of opportunities...

So today i am glad to tell you that anyone, I mean any Nigerian can start making money online today because I have compiled a holistic list of online money making materials to force anyone unto the FAST TRACK of online money making..

To get a better idea of what i am talking about simply spare a minute of your time and visit

http://fasttrack2onlinemoneymaking.com/

to see what i am talking about..

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 09, 2013
chima12: Is this how you are champaining for ngige?

Wow!

Where should we start from with this one now?

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 2:14am On Oct 09, 2013
"onye mejoo ani, ochuba ya

Gbam, Ngige is taking too much and for him to disrespect our traditional institution, it means he's not ready to govern.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by automaticcars: 2:16am On Oct 09, 2013
kingoflag:

Wow!

Where should we start from with this one now?

LOL! I don't even know if he was trying to drink champaign.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Garrithe1st: 2:46am On Oct 09, 2013
The OBI of Onitsha is OBI's puppet and an APGA house boy... I'm sorry to say

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 09, 2013
Garri the 1st: The OBI of Onitsha is OBI's puppet and an APGA house boy... I'm sorry to say

Is it because he cursed Ngige? grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 3:15am On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa:
I have never commented on this Anambra Election stuff (I hardly comment on pure politics tins on NL anyways) but I have a quick Observation of what I have easily noticed. It is actually more like a question:

how come most of the few passionate supporters of Chris Ngige on NL are Yoruba people from the SW, who would never vote on the day??

Just an Interesting observation sha....
grin grin grin kiss

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 3:16am On Oct 09, 2013
manny4life:

Gbam, Ngige is taking too much and for him to disrespect our traditional institution, it means he's not ready to govern.
Pretty much!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by bushwailo: 3:51am On Oct 09, 2013
Wonders shall never end.
The same Obi who is Catholic Father has turned to traditional rulers this time around.
And his senseless gullible village rats are following him.

Ngige has been endorsed by the umbrella organisation of Traders in the state
And you are depending on this clown whose authority ends in Enu-Onitsha.
This clown has no say in Onitsha metropolis not to talk of Anambra as a whole.

They have bribed the 1diot and he has pitched his tent with the ilk of those who will turn around tomorrow and say that Onitsha people are not real Igbos. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Gorrbachev: 4:02am On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa:
I have never commented on this Anambra Election stuff (I hardly comment on pure politics tins on NL anyways) but I have a quick Observation of what I have easily noticed. It is actually more like a question:

how come most of the few passionate supporters of Chris Ngige on NL are Yoruba people from the SW, who would never vote on the day??

Just an Interesting observation sha....

Stop fooling yourself, no one gives a damn about what happens in alaigbo. its igbo mental cases on NL that use Yoruba monikers to comment on threads like this. of what use is anambra election to Yorubas or even igbos from other states. Look at how many pages the thread it has. no one gives a F.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Blueboy0402: 5:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Nigerians are conservative and we value tradition and religious institutions. As a school boy growing up in Lagos, I heard of Oro festival, Eyo festival etc and in some certain occassion we were not allowed to go outside in adherence to demands of the tradition. During my undergraduate days in Portharcourt and NYSC in the north, I observerd that we (Nigerians) often adhere to the teachings of religious leaders such as Rev. Fathers/Pastors or Sheik/Imam/Alfa.

Ngige and his handlers should know better that these institutions control the people. Even Rochas Okorocha who signed the controversial 2012 abortion bill into law in Imo recently bowed to pressure from the church by abrogating what the clergy termed "anti life" law. He (Rochas) will never go against the church in Imo because it was the church that campaigned against Ohakim when he flogged a Rev. Father.

Who will vote Ngige? Is it Berem, Dayo, Eko Ile, Lacasa, Ndu Chucks or our brothers from the SW? It is instructive to note that it is the traders, artisans and Anambrarians at home that will vote on November 16 and not the APC e-warriors on NL.

15 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2013
Why won't Obi of Onitsha curse Ngige? Look at what Babatunde Ngige People celebrate on the front page over the rape of a Young girl by the Oba of Osun.[/b]Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch - NYSC - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/1470528/molestation-nysc-member-court-frees/4
Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:18am
I post my comment and your proud bro comment again, now scamper to hide it...
[b]A rap..ist is a Rap..ist. The case should now be taken to a higher court in the land.

It didn't help that both offender and Judge are Yoruba in Yoruba enclave.It is little wonder that molestation is one of the least-reported crimes.

Perhaps it is the only crime in which the victim becomes the accused and, in reality, it is she who must prove her good reputation, her mental soundness, and her impeccable propriety.

Go through dis post u can see dem celebrating the ra..pe of a young girl serving her country, dis case must not die.

Virgin Finder: 8:14pm On Oct 08
Once again, its Yoruba diccccck vs ibo poooosy

Yoruba dicccccck wins!

Flawless victory!!
pDude(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08
Does phoosy ever win? cheesy

Virgin Finder: 8:29pm On Oct 08
~Bluetooth:

You no well o grin grin

I'm well o. wink

ibo ladies are ours anytime anyday.

In short, the ibos are our wives.

Wishing us Yoruba (men) and the ibo(our wives) happy married life. grin
Virgin Finder: 8:34pm On Oct 08

Hasn't the monarch been shamed enough?

To me, that is enough punishment.

The Oba was in his palace jeje when the corper sleeked in and he ...
pDude(m): 8:34pm On Oct 08
Virgin Finder:

It never wins especially if its an ibo one up against a Yoruba rod. grin grin grin

Mu he he he he he

Poosy is made to be phocked. And manipulated. grin

dayokanu
Its a lover story gone wrong

A guy has consensual sexx with a girl she claims rappe when things dont go her way

Just like in Kobe Bryants case

dayokanu(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08
A female used her legs entered the Obas car at night, went to Oshogbo, Went into the Obas bedroom alone

And days later comes back to claim rappee.

Lol. You must think every one is foolish

born2fuck(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08

1563 likes
“Sin is the dare of God's justice, the molestation of His mercy, the jeer of His patience, the slight of His power, and the contempt of His love”

The power of life and death is in the tongue and the tongue is a double edge sword from which utterances reflect back on the life's of those who speak it and words spoken in ignorance brings untold pain to the vile. Celebrate now and you and all u hold dear shall suffer mercilessly your choice.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2013
Mod front page ooo
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by legalcode(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2013
I think Ngige would have been a better choice but he joined a wrong party.........
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by tomzman: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2013
Seriously, I think Ngige fu*ked up on this one. He should have at least shifted his rally to another date since the date of the festival had been fixed a year earlier.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by kingbang: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2013
Only if these Yoruba fans of Ngige understand how revered Agbogidi is in Onitsha, they would know that Ngige is finished. I will advice him now to concentrate on winning Idemmili alone. Ngige's ambition is finished!.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Noneroone(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Wow I am not suprised at the Obi 's outburst. Ngige may have been wrong by fixing such grand rally on such a day. However, the monarch through his actions and utterances has lately shown that he is not neutral. Firsty, all the traditional rulers are said to have collected jeeps from gov. Obi in this election year. Moreover, he has appeared on many occasions where gov. Obi assured him with other traditional rulers that the next governor was going to come from his region (Anambra north). And i ask is that type of discuss suppose to involve political stakeholders or royal fathers? Since then he has openly expressed his support for apga and obiano instead of being a royal father and he even admitted it in this post. The inscription on the placard carried by the so called Onitsha youths and the fact that gov. Obi was the first to hail the monarchs anti-APC comments show that the whole saga has more to do with Anambra politics than direspect for the Onitsha traditional stool. I still think that Ngige should have shifted the event but the Obi of Onitsha whom i respect so much has greatly dissapointed me.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by oboy3(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2013
I feel his pain though i wasnt present at rally but my source told me that ngige made the very famous ofala festival look like birthday of a 5 year old,many people closhed their shops to see ngige,never happened in anambra before
the obi of onitsha should save the curse for peter obi who has done nothing for his onitsha people

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by wesley80(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Noneroone: Wow I am not suprised at the Obi 's outburst. Ngige may have been wrong by fixing such grand rally on such a day. However, the monarch through his actions and utterances has lately shown that he is not neutral. Firsty, all the traditional rulers are said to have collected jeeps from gov. Obi in this election year. Moreover, he has appeared on many occasions where gov. Obi assured him with other traditional rulers that the next governor was going to come from his region (Anambra north). And i ask is that type of discuss suppose to involve political stakeholders or royal fathers? Since then he has openly expressed his support for apga and obiano instead of being a royal father and he even admitted it in this post. The inscription on the placard carried by the so called Onitsha youths and the fact that gov. Obi was the first to hail the monarchs anti-APC comments show that the whole saga has more to do with Anambra politics than direspect for the Onitsha traditional stool. I still think that Ngige should have shifted the event but the Obi of Onitsha whom i respect so much has greatly dissapointed me.
You must be a mowron to think a jeep can buy the conscience of Igwe Achebe, FYI Igwe Achebe worked and retired as a senior executive with Shell Nigeria and is not as hungry as you are to be impressed but an ordinary jeep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Children Hold Rally For Nnamdi Kanu's Release In Rivers (Photos) / Asabe Asmau-Ahmed, Petroleum Fund New Boss, Appointed By Jonathan / The Petition To Buhari & EFCC Against Amaechi, That May Cost Him Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.