Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? (58408 Views)

Poll: You'd vote for:

UNILAG: 25% (101 votes)
OAU Ife: 51% (206 votes)
UI: 23% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by isokoman: 5:41am On Dec 18, 2009
Hmmm, this has been an interesting and amusing read; it's excellent to see that you are all trying to rank these universities but I must say that I find it difficult to understand how you can rank three universities based on your experience of one or say two. To truly rank these universities you need to review these schools based on selected unbiased criteria, I fail to see any.
So to help with the ranking, I’ll use my selected criterion “intelligence”. Based on this the ranking order would be in the reverse order of any final results you get on this thread.
Reasoning: If you truly understand the dynamics of true ranking then you won’t be wasting time ranking on this thread implying higher intelligence thus a lower ranking score and …….
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by adebayo201: 7:56am On Dec 18, 2009
I will go Africa Most BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS.
Do u kno d name
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
@ Adeboyd I know the name. Na OAU
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by creazor(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2009
let's not deceive ourselves any longer. we all knw deep down in us dat UNILAG IS D BEST by all standards - environment(d scenic view of d LAGOS LAGOON,d parks,d fascinating structures,d inspiring SENATE and countless more, ),d use of IT (unilag site is d most visited univ site in 9ja),d academics (LUTH,the indefatiguable studnts and world class lecturers,research facilities,labs,, ),and d NAME?,
C'mon,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by creazor(m): 10:31am On Dec 19, 2009
let's not deceive ourselves any longer. we all knw deep down in us dat UNILAG IS D BEST by all standards - environment(d scenic view of d LAGOS LAGOON,d parks,d fascinating structures,d inspiring SENATE and countless more, ),d use of IT (unilag site is d most visited univ site in 9ja),d academics (LUTH,the indefatiguable studnts and world class lecturers,research facilities,labs,, ),and d NAME?,
C'mon,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2009
Well make no mistake about it, , There was only one Uni in 9ja (well back in the day, 70's % 80's ) UNILAG and others, grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Abisoye87: 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
University of lagos
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by atunje(f): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2009
well,i agree with you that UNILAG is the best, It is the university of first choice and the nation's pride.

***GREAT AKOKITES***
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2009
grin GREAT AKOKITES, di one and only!. the only original, other na counterfeit!! wink
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by recnigeria: 10:50am On Feb 22, 2010
//
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by etranex(m): 11:21am On Feb 23, 2010
i wonder the criteria you use in rating is it name or product. i really think you are biased please go back to your drawing board and lets see if you actually have a good sense of judgement. I BEG I HAIL ALL GREAT BRAINS !!!!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
finally, to set the record straight , Best Universities in Africa

OAU ranks 25
UI is at 32
Unilag is at 51

www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/38008/1/OAU-UI-LAUTECH-among-Africas-top-100-varsities/Page1
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by johndarey(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
Well said saxywale.isokoman nd etranex, i fink dose sites know best d criteria dey've used 2 rate GREAT IFE as d best in nigeria so what proof do we need again? takie!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by lagbe(m): 7:22am On Mar 02, 2010
with a very counterfactual thinking,we all know that bes campus was oau,but study is ui that of unilag base on populatn.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by wizzdem: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves because so far these over-rated schools have been churning out bunch of corrupt "leaders" and "administrators" and have failed in all endeavors. I think now is the time for the new generation university to stake their claims in addressing the social ills in the society today with up to date academic curriculum, I am quite sure most of them are modeling their academic curriculum in line with the likes of Harvard and Preston. while the likes of UI, OAU and the rest will continue to live on obsolete glory ,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by recoome(m): 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2010
atunje:

well,i agree with you that UNILAG is the best, It is the university of first choice and the nation's pride.

***GREAT AKOKITES***
unilag is d nations pride wen it comes to prostitution. wen u talkb of good schools u mention ife and ibedan, not unilag d mega brothel.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Remii(m): 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
recoome:

unilag is d nations pride wen it comes to prostitution. wen u talkb of good schools u mention ife and ibedan, not unilag d mega brothel.

it takes one to know one, are you a patron of your so called unilag brothel, lol. I don't think any school can really be said to out do the other when you talk of student prosis tution, they all like five fingers of a leprous hand, Ikan o gbe kan.

Topic: Great Ife would give Ibadan a run even with her loads of archival professors.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by recoome(m): 5:50am On Jul 03, 2010
I am a student of oau, and i regret filling dis sch in my jamb form, d sch is a dead end where we have dumb students from ife and modakeke, who lack simple etiquette, are so loud and always ready to engage in battles, our best students and lecturers cant even construct a correct sentence and sometimes resort to teachin in yoruba, the staff are so archaic, lazy and old and are ready to allow u to stand in d sun throughout d day, our lecture theatres are mega ovens, we only pretend to be church goers but at night illicit sex is goin on all over the school even in fellowships, the boys hostels are something else,very dirty especially awo, d only thing in dis sch is d fallacious structures,the hopeless students union, and the the load of archival professors who have been rejected at UI and UNILAG, imagine after proclaimin standard, some students were admited wit scores below 200 in post jamb. I just know i will retake jamb and go to unilag. Oau is rubbish and nonsensical.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by recoome(m): 5:54am On Jul 03, 2010
I am a student of oau, and i regret filling dis sch in my jamb form, d sch is a dead end where we have dumb students from ife and modakeke, who lack simple etiquette, are so loud and always ready to engage in battles, our best students and lecturers cant even construct a correct sentence and sometimes resort to teachin in yoruba, the staff are so archaic, lazy and old and are ready to allow u to stand in d sun throughout d day, our lecture theatres are mega ovens, we only pretend to be church goers but at night illicit sex is goin on all over the school even in fellowships, the boys hostels are something else,very dirty especially awo, d only thing in dis sch is d fallacious structures,the hopeless students union, and the the load of archival professors who have been rejected at UI and UNILAG, imagine after proclaimin standard, some students were admited wit scores below 200 in post jamb. I just know i will retake jamb and go to unilag. Oau is rubbish and nonsensical. Akokaites sorry for my previous posts anyways, ive now seen d worth of unilag.
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by olaOLUWAbalogun(m): 8:00am On Jul 03, 2010
I'm a student in oau. I think i must come in. I have been to the 3 schools and they are all good. Firstly, when it comes to having a conducive and beautiful environment u cant take that away from oau. In terms of study oau and ui are very okay but i must say this, what we are going through in oau is hell. In oau no course, i mean on course is easy. Even public admin or yoruba. It is in oau i see someone crying while reading, it is in oau u'll c someone scared of sleeping even after reading. If you're familiar wit oau and ui well you'll notice that gov corrected the mistakes they made in ui in oau in terms of structures and everything. I must tell u oau was carefully planned. However, ui is very ok but unilag ya pa! I'll strongly advice everyone to come on excursion to oau. U'll enjoy it
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by dayokanu(m): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2010
@recoome,

Thats not the OAU i graduated from, I can vouch for the OAU I finished from that its without doubt the best University in Nigeria.

You can go to UNILAG if the stress in Ife is too much at least you can party all you want, even if you dont do well, you are allowed to transfer to another department unlike in OAU where you face Road 1
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
shocked shocked a haa DAYOKANU aka DK
so you went to IFE abi.hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no wonder! grin grin grin
You can go to UNILAG if the stress in Ife is too much at least you can party all you want, even if you dont do well, you are allowed to transfer to another department unlike in OAU where you face Road 1

@ least you got that right, well back in the day, we partied and we passed with flying colours or else popsie will desend on you heaviliy, but it was the same @ IFE too, i rememeber all the jean carnivals and Miss Campus Party's we used to come to back then, so its case pot calling itself BLACK, dont u think Man Mi! grin grin grin
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by dayokanu(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
Orilee9ice:

shocked shocked a haa DAYOKANU aka DK
so you went to IFE abi.hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no wonder! grin grin grin

Wetin happen. You should have known long ago say I be Ife boy
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ DK
NORRIN' DEY HAPPEN OH! , i no know o, but i been dey suspect sha, wink anyway sha
i still say, REGARDLESS, there is only one Uni in 9ja, UNILAG and Others, grin, GREAT AKOKITES!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
Wetin be Akokite? Sounds more like Akuko(cockrel)

Nothing do you. Paro lo. jeun soke
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ dk
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (AKOKA) so we call ourselves (AKOKITES, FUNKALIZE IT A BIT SHA!) se you get me, wink, dont tell me you didnt know that oh, you see what i mean now, grin

Sangolo, Tiwaile, We are prazin' da Lord Sha! and keepin' it real 2!
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2010
I know na, But as a typical Ife boy, I must just yab you. Thats the way.

Why you dey shine teeth, You no see the ezcema for your teeth? tongue
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2010
ok now, u wan yab me abi[i],(EMI OMO EKO FUN ARA MI BI A BAA LOWO A LEE NU BAJE, ) [/i] dont go there oh, ask FBS dem, Dem go yarn u taya,
Naa Pepsodent i take wash my teeth dis morning thats y e dey shine e nearly take ya eyes out sef, naa soo u take notice am abi,  A begi go clean una windscreen  GLASSES o cos naa only u see di ezcema oh,  cool tongue
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
Orilee9ice:

ok now, u wan yab me abi[i],(EMI OMO EKO FUN ARA MI BI A BAA LOWO A LEE NU BAJE, ) [/i] dont go there oh, ask FBS dem, Dem go yarn u taya,
Naa Pepsodent i take wash my teeth dis morning thats y e dey shine e nearly take ya eyes out sef, naa soo u take notice am abi, A begi go clean una windscreen GLASSES o cos naa only u see di ezcema oh, cool tongue

Wetin dey smell so? You get soak-away for mouth tongue tongue tongue
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ DK
i dont need an Epistile.
DBANJ has done it for me in his song,
Ori yato S'ORI, Owo yato S'OWO, WON tun wa so wipe, KOKO YATO SI KOKO,
TIMAYA also said
If to say, i get 2 MUCH MOUTH OH!, I 4 become DK oooh!, BUT B'COS I DEY GENTLE, Everybodi call me ORILEE9ICE ohh, if 2 say, if to sayy,
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by misterh(m): 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hmmm, everybody is now claiming that their school is the best. What a pity! Why not call a spade a spade. Moreover, you can't lose what you don't have. From ratings of 4icu, OAU is the best university in Nigeria. You can't resist it. We are the best
Re: Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? by Jarus(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
Great Ife 50%, UI and Lag share the remaining 50%

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.