Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) (27664 Views)

Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Court Today / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Wedding Of Bayo Omoboriowo (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Ibitade1993(f): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2013
:PNice couple!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2013
Tolexander: i very need an explanation on the boldened part. What post would be assigned to Tafawa Balewa's (prefered) wife?
Where are the 'cofetti' ladies, best man, men in suit, ring bearer, flowers?
In any country where there is president/queen/king/etc and a prime minister, the president/queen/king/etc remains the no 1 citizen even though the prime minister is always the one dishing out the command, that doesn't make the pm the no 1 citizen.

Cameron is the pm of uk but not the no 1 citizen of uk, but the queen.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by JMOI: 9:34am On Oct 09, 2013
The great Zik of Africa. Nigeria's greatest.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by solomon111(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2013
A very naive man,ZIK.
His mates were playing tribal politics,he was playing continental politics.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2013
Choi!!! E don teeeey Oº°˚˚˚°º!

Everybody wey d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ª† pix don die finish nah.... Hmm! This life sef... E b as e get sha undecided
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Livinusc(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Gosh....the pic looks old!
b4 nko na today?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2013
berem: All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have sticked to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry
My sister, power, fame and wealth all usually come with infidelity.

Its not just peculiar to Nigerian leaders alone but all world leaders.

E.g Berlusconi (italian pm), Israeli president, Clinton, Sarkozy of France, etc, etc...the ones that seem faithful are the ones that weren't caught.

That's just it...but most times, I blame the women who even though they know most influential/famous men are married, will still go ahead to sleep with them.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Ignatio(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2013
Little wonder our current leaders are so randy. Following their predecessors footsteps.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2013
DailyNews: My sister, power, fame and wealth all usually come with infidelity.

Its not just peculiar to Nigerian leaders alone but all world leaders.

E.g Berlusconi (italian pm), Israeli president, Clinton, Sarkozy of France, etc, etc...the ones that seem faithful are the ones that weren't caught.

That's just it...but most times, I blame the women who even though they know most influential/famous men are married, will still go ahead to sleep with them.
That's women for you! undecided They can sleep with anything that has fame cheesy
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by wasak(m): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax: Polygamy is odiuos in nature angry
People should flee from it wink.
y deceive ursef? d earlier u embrace reality.. d better for u.... it might be odious to u...but it has been in d human race since time immemorial
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2013
lorretta u: He's lucky HIV wasn't commom then
He wouldn't have lived as long as he did

What an irresponsible fockery undecided

I'm disappointed

Why? You expected him to stick to one woman? Well, while I wish he had, some men have good reason for distributing their eggs, pardon any pun.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Gorrbachev: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Lilimax:
Na turn by turn nah grin

Ok, enjoy.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by veraponpo(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2013
berem: All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have sticked to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry

But Chief Awolowo married just one wife and had NO LOVE CHILD any where.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by veraponpo(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2013
JMOI: The great Zik of Africa. Nigeria's greatest.

How?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by debetmx(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2013
solomon111: A very naive man,ZIK.
His mates were playing tribal politics,he was playing continental politics.

Always blaming Zik for the problems of the ibos just to exalt the cantankerous coward "biafran general". Obviously an ibo man's definition of a hero is differently from that of ours.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by torgbe(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2013
bishopoliver: . Here is a picture of his wedding to his sweetheart and one-time First Lady of Nigeria, then Miss Flora Ogoegbunam in 1936. The wedding was held in James Town, Accra, Ghana.
do u know why Ghana was selected? your guess is as good as mine.GOD BLESS MY HOMELAND GHANA
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Chino72: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2013
Great Zik was and is the greatest African to walk the face of this earth..

Great Zik came from a royal background in Onitsha..

Owelle of Onitsha lives on..
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by AskProf: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Gosh....the pic looks old!

1936 pic looks old?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by esbjaygmailco(m): 10:50am On Oct 09, 2013
ok

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by AKMoney1(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2013
wasak: ASUU pls in d name of Nnamdi Azikiwe....call off this strike... pls!!!
I knew dis thread will make front page....
I actually could have been d 1st to comment but dad came back late yesternight and I had to. serve his food since mum was asleep on her bed in her room in our house in ikorodu in Lagos state in Nigeria in west Africa in Africa in d world.
but being d 6th to comment ain't that bad considering the fact that I made it against all odds in a corrupt country where plane crash is an act of God and ASUU strike is a national festival.
it is also noteworthy to submit at this juncture my unqualified appreciation to all those who. will comment after me for giving me d opportunity to be d 6th to comment
I Thank u all. GOD bless.... 1 Nigeria In love ,unity and corruption.
Signed: wasak
cc: phcn, airtel, commisioner of police et. all.

Chei, i actually put the blame it on ASUU and FG. It is well my broda grin grin
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by cycline404(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2013
ok
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by thoniann(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Like play like play, Zik don turn to Ancestor now.... 1936? My parents where born 10 years later. Na waaa for dis life ooo!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Classicalman(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2013
And the men you sleep around with in Lagos nko? Pot calling kettle black. An african man is a polygamist if u dnt knw.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by InHim4Him(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2013
Women like to make mouth. Just thank God you have not been there. Sometimes, these "if it were me" people do worse when they find themselves in the same situation and circumstance.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by InHim4Him(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2013

I'm disappointed
Hope your hands are really clean and will remain so?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by blayz0923: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
pls where was fani-kayode then?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
torgbe: do u know why Ghana was selected? your guess is as good as mine.GOD BLESS MY HOMELAND GHANA
At that time,Ghana was called Gold coast of Nigeria....the Queen thought Ghana was part of Nigeria...asl your grandfather
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Fuelish: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: At that time,Ghana was called Gold coast of Nigeria....the Queen thought Ghana was part of Nigeria...asl your grandfather
wrong.d british colonialists once ruled nigeria from accra,which served as d capital city.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by nkemKalu: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Itoroetti :
Nice one from zik of africa.but multiple women creates multiple problem
...and only multiple talented men deal with multiple problems.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by AskProf: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Itoroetti :
Nice one from zik of africa.but multiple women creates multiple problem

Who are/were the multiple women?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by mojeer678: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2013

'Heroes'?, I'm not too sure about that appellation but most of the well educated personalities of that era were sure undisciplined when it comes to multiple affairs save for a very few of them.

Chief Obafemi Jeremiah Oyeniyi Awolowo readily comes to mind in terms of his almost Spartan outlook to life.

For those in the know, Zik was seriously dating a daughter of a very prominent Lagos chieftain when he abruptly departed Lagos without informing her of his plans and went to marry the abovementioned in the East.

The poor Yoruba lady was heartbroken & probably took her life though I can't recollect the exact incident, but something extreme or close to suicide.

This didn't go down well with the family then and it significantly contributed to the political fortunes of Zik in the West then. Talk of actions having repercussions later in life.

I'm sure there would be postings by those who have a better account of the saga.

On the matter of the age of the photograph, black people should hang their heads in shame. 1936 is old When certain races and peoples have achieved greatness in different spheres of life at about the same period in life and have preserved such records in pristine conditions & have even improved on their restoration that they could be digitally encoded and accessed.

I think it's the abject documentation and storage system of our records that is responsible for viewing what in history is probably seconds ago that's making us feel 77 years is such a long time.

There's this outcry that the videos of the Black Arts Festival of 1977 have almost but all been destroyed due to reusage of the old tapes.

Shame, really.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by AskProf: 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2013

I'm disappointed

?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: FBI Investigated Tinubu For Links To Drugs / Presidential Inauguration Dinner Live On NTA / Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.