Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) (27640 Views)

Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Court Today / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Wedding Of Bayo Omoboriowo (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
ok.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Obrafour(m): 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: At that time, Ghana
was called Gold coast of
Nigeria....the Queen thought Ghana
was part of Nigeria...asl your
grandfather

Fuelish: wrong.d british colonialists once ruled nigeria from accra,which served as d capital city.

Indeed, The entire first generation of
Nigerian military officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by claremont(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
A true African black man is an innate polygamist, it is very difficult for us to stay with one woman. Azikwe behaved true to type, a real African man.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by debetmx(m): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Obrafour:

What about Maimalari & CO if OBJ & H.Katsina were the first set of Nigerian military officers?

Nigerian military officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in Ghana.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Rimbaldi: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
berem: All these our past heroes wey sabi play away match. Couldn't they have stuck to one woman each? They were busy sleeping around with women and getting them pregnant. No wonder Nigeria still remained what it is since independence. Ladies man my foot! angry

When men were men!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by extremelygolden: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Oh! Even our Zik was a womanizer!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Abiyamo: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
YOU COULD HAVE ALSO DONE WELL TO ADD THE SOURCE: http://www..com/wedding-nnamdi-azikiwe/
Seems Nigerians are okay with plagiarism. It is a big issue over here!

bishopoliver: Nnamdi Azikiwe i the first President of Nigeria and remains a legend till tomorrow. Here is a picture of his wedding to his sweetheart and one-time First Lady of Nigeria, then Miss Flora Ogoegbunam in 1936. The wedding was held in James Town, Accra, Ghana. Hear what foremost historian, Max Siollun has to say about the late Zik of Africa: If Zik had killed himself, there would have been no Nigeria today – period. He more than anyone else (with the exception of Gowon) is responsible for the continued unity of Nigeria.

The wife died in 1983 and Zik himself later died in 1996. Actually, there was a time the great Zik wanted to commit suicide. In the words of Bimbola Babarinde, an expert on Nigerian history, Zik’s early years in America were so difficult and at one point he attempted suicide by lying across train tracks and waiting for an oncoming train to crush him. A good Samaritan saved his life by pulling him off the track with the train only a few yards from him. Life in America then for a lonely young African man was terrible, especially with all the discrimination, segregation and economic depression.

Also, he had other wives and his youngest wife might still be alive at his Nsukka Onuiyi residence. One of them, Professor Uche Azikiwe is still alive and is a lecturer at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State. Flora had four children for him (three males and one female), the eldest son is named Bamidele and Uche has two. There was also another late wife named Ugoye who also had two. And a child born out of wedlock from an English woman, the child was named Jayzik and is dead. Zik also had a child named Nnaemeka with a woman named Ms. Nelly Krupp, later Mrs. Mike Ibru (I am guessing that should be Jayzik because this same Nnaemeka died a year or two ago).

He was a ladies’ man and while at Yaba, he was well-known among the female folk. He had eyes for good-looking ladies and his youngest wife, Uche was a member of the renowned Afikpo traditional dance named ‘Nkwa Nwite’ which entertained him when he visited Afikpo. Zik set his eyes on her and today, the rest is history…lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Obrafour:

Ok,i stand corrected...just love the way you replied me........Maturity..........if it were some Nigerians they would have started abusing me with silly words and curses.......you don't wanna see yorubas or hausas insulting Igbos. *spits*
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Obrafour(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: Ok,i stand corrected...just love the way you replied me........Maturity..........if it were some Nigerians they would have started abusing me with silly words and curses.......you don't wanna see yorubas or hausas insulting Igbos. *spits*

You are welcome @Carpenter .....
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Obrafour:

You are welcome @Carpenter .....
KWAME!!!
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Obrafour(m): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: KWAME!!!

Who is that?^^^
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Obrafour:

Who is that?^^^
cheesy cheesy cheesy i no wan cast you, if not i for don reveal your accounts........and that's straight to enternal banning of this one.......cunny guy. wink

#TeamGOM
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Obrafour(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: cheesy cheesy cheesy i no wan cast you, if not i for don reveal your accounts........and that's straight to enternal banning of this one.......cunny guy. wink

#TeamGOM

Sorry Sir, I think you have mistaken me for someone else... I saw how you expressed expressing shock & awe on another Thread, when that moniker was crossed out, sorry if you did not get the joke.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by debetmx(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
god_of_music: Ok,i stand corrected...just love the way you replied me........Maturity..........if it were some Nigerians they would have started abusing me with silly words and curses.......you don't wanna see yorubas or hausas insulting Igbos. *spits*

What I was trying to say that the first set of Nigerian officers were Aguiyi Ironsi, Samuel Ademulegun, Zaikari Maimalari and Babafemi Ogundipe. Zaikari Maimalari and another officer who I cant remember his name were the first set of Nigerians who were trained at Sandhurst. Ironsi, Ademulegun, Ogundipe, Adebayo & Co came through from the ranks which in local parlance means "recruit" the NCOs. An officer like Nzefili had received training in Ghana before he went for the main officers training in Sandhurst.

My point is Obasanjo and H. Katsina could not have been the first generation of Nigerian Military Officers. I have no information about the first set of Nigerian Officers who were trained in Ghana.The first of officers would have been Maimalari & Lawan, then Kur Mohammed. Maimalari was already a Brigadier General & Kur Mohammed, a Colonel when OBJ and H. Katsina were Majors in January 1966.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by mamagee3(f): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
How did the poster find this picture?

Did he/she burglarize the Azikiwe family home? grin
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by vizman4i(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
NO BE SMALL TIN OOOO
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Obrafour(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
debetmx:

What I was trying to say that the first set of Nigerian officers were Aguiyi Ironsi, Samuel Ademulegun, Zaikari Maimalari and Babafemi Ogundipe. Zaikari Maimalari and another officer who I cant remember his name were the first set of Nigerians who were trained at Sandhurst. Ironsi, Ademulegun, Ogundipe, Adebayo & Co came through from the ranks which in local parlance means "recruit" the NCOs. An officer like Nzefili had received training in Ghana before he went for the main officers training in Sandhurst.

My point is Obasanjo and H. Katsina could not have been the first generation of Nigerian Military Officers. I have no information about the first set of Nigerian Officers who were trained in Ghana. The first of officers would have been Maimalari & Lawan, then Kur Mohammed. Maimalari was already a Brigadier General & Kur Mohammed, a Colonel when OBJ and H. Katsina were Majors in January 1966.

I think you should cool down, the gentleman made an error stating that
Ghana was called Gold Coast of Nigeria, he subsequently apologised when the facts was presented to him.. Its no shame to the have the entire first generation of the Nigerian army trained in Ghana, especially when you do not have the contrary facts to back it up. WAFF(West African Frontier force) which included countries like, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Gold Coast Ghana and Nigeria were all under the British and had a similar curriculum.

god_of_music:
At that time, Ghana was called Gold coast of Nigeria....the Queen thought
Ghana was part of Nigeria... ask your
grandfather

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Lilimax(f): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
wasak:
y deceive ursef? d earlier u embrace reality.. d better for u.... it might be odious to u...but it has been in d human race since time immemorial
But the demerit outweighs the merit undecided
It is no longer an acceptable norm embarassed
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by GODSBEAUTY(f): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
bishopoliver: Nnamdi Azikiwe i the first President of Nigeria and remains a legend till tomorrow. Here is a picture of his wedding to his sweetheart and one-time First Lady of Nigeria, then Miss Flora Ogoegbunam in 1936. The wedding was held in James Town, Accra, Ghana. Hear what foremost historian, Max Siollun has to say about the late Zik of Africa: If Zik had killed himself, there would have been no Nigeria today – period. He more than anyone else (with the exception of Gowon) is responsible for the continued unity of Nigeria.

The wife died in 1983 and Zik himself later died in 1996. Actually, there was a time the great Zik wanted to commit suicide. In the words of Bimbola Babarinde, an expert on Nigerian history, Zik’s early years in America were so difficult and at one point he attempted suicide by lying across train tracks and waiting for an oncoming train to crush him. A good Samaritan saved his life by pulling him off the track with the train only a few yards from him. Life in America then for a lonely young African man was terrible, especially with all the discrimination, segregation and economic depression.

Also, he had other wives and his youngest wife might still be alive at his Nsukka Onuiyi residence. One of them, Professor Uche Azikiwe is still alive and is a lecturer at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State. Flora had four children for him (three males and one female), the eldest son is named Bamidele and Uche has two. There was also another late wife named Ugoye who also had two. And a child born out of wedlock from an English woman, the child was named Jayzik and is dead. Zik also had a child named Nnaemeka with a woman named Ms. Nelly Krupp, later Mrs. Mike Ibru (I am guessing that should be Jayzik because this same Nnaemeka died a year or two ago).

He was a ladies’ man and while at Yaba, he was well-known among the female folk. He had eyes for good-looking ladies and his youngest wife, Uche was a member of the renowned Afikpo traditional dance named ‘Nkwa Nwite’ which entertained him when he visited Afikpo. Zik set his eyes on her and today, the rest is history…lol
One Nigeria is where you stand until your dead PAPA AZIKIWE , RIP

Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by DECOtech(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Gosh....the pic looks old!
The pic "IS" old
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by gudugudumeje: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
ZIK made Nigeria? Bullshit.... He broke Nigeria selling out completely to local ad foreign imperialists alike. Check ur records well...
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by eaglechild: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
blayz0923: pls where was fani-kayode then?
In his grandpa's nut sack.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by obi123: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:

DAFT
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by samclet(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:
And how do you think a picture of 1936 to look like?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Kristok(m): 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
Those ppl 4 dat pix dn die finish
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Akiika: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Exactly! why would the picture look that old,....especially when 1963 was just last year.
Some comment amazes me.....why wouldn't a 1963 picture look old?
Walahi, na empty head some people dey carry about.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by Dannylux: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yup, I know the Prof Uche in person.
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by uchedaniels(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2013
Hmm..re u sure u knw her?
Re: The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) by chiomat: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2013
hmmmm lovely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Denies Going On Exile / IPOB Sit-at-home: Total Failure In Ebonyi / Tinubu Recharge Cards In Arochukwu Market In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.