Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone (25621 Views)

Any Problem With Your Phone? ASK Any Questions Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / Get Your Phone Softwares Here (2) (3) (4)

Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by 4Play(m): 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Cockroaches may be considered vermin but one team of scientists has found a way to keep the pests under control - remote control that is.

Michigan-based Backyard Brains created an electric backpack that fits onto a cockroach and makes it turn on command using electric impulses, and the firm has now begun selling DIY kits meaning anyone can use the technology at home.

The Roboroach stimulates the creature's antenna and forces it to turn left and right at the flick of a switch and the backpack links with a smartphone app that is used as the remote control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2449562/The-app-lets-control-COCKROACH-Remote-controls-bug-using-electrical-impulses-launches--ethical.html

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by emorse(m): 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
How den go take wear d backpack? Abi we go use broom or fleet take threaten the cockroach make him wear d backpack ni?

79 Likes

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Emmyk(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
What's the need controlling cockroaches, are they pets now These oyinbo people sef cheesy

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by puskin: 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
What economic benefit does a cockroach give that I would want to control it?? undecided undecided

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by stan4b(m): 12:04am On Oct 09, 2013
What do I need it for when I already av SNIPER. I so much like seeing does cockroaches dancing skelewu each time i spray dem SNIPER.

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Calsito: 1:02am On Oct 09, 2013
stan4b: What do I need it for when I already av SNIPER.
seriously I tire o

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Ositainklord(m): 2:01am On Oct 09, 2013
Calsito: seriously I tire o

I DETEST COCKROACHES! my only use for this tech would be to control those roaches into a vat of acid.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT! GOOSEBUMPS! *exits opera mini*
*switches off phone*

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Osyxcel(m): 3:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Yeye dey smell.

Una don chop belleful, wetin remain na to dey play with cockroach, na pet? Mtcheeew, nonsense!

where is the broom jare, make I kill this cockroach wey dey fly about.

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by krugar07(m): 5:21am On Oct 09, 2013
no need 4 dat one. my SHELLTOX still dey full. grin grin

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2013
INVENT DEVICE TO TIME TRAVEL.. NOT ALL DIS UN NEEDED WASTE OF RESOURCES... CONTROL COCKROACH INDEED
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by MillionDollars: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
y shld i control dem? I wan rear dem? TEAMKILLALLCOCKROACHES!

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by sCun: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Absloute nonsense. What do we have DD Force and Sniper for? Kill them all!
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by ibitomisi: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
trying to stop from these hood
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Yeesh(f): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nawa o...as small as d creature is
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Daewoods(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
Feels good being back to FP,
back to topic; eemmm, wetin make i talk now, na to put d backpack dey control am, as per house boy tins: fetch water,sweep, cook beans, send am msg tire. Nonsense

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by IamDavid(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nyc 1, but I'm not too impressed. I need the one that will enable us to share and sell food.

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nigerian cockroaches deserve better than this grin

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by yuncka: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Now all d roaches in d house listen up, daddy got a backpack 4 U..... Just coporate and put dem on......WTF..........
Dis is Naija o...... D ones wey dey invade my crib 4 nyt na one nation. How many school bag I go com buy 4 dem?
Unless U guys go back 2 d drawin board and create a chip dat can be used 2 turn one cockroach into spartacus and den used 2 fyt d odas. 4 now dat invention is a dumb one.

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Kunle106(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Dem suppose tell us say cockroach don turn to pets nw.. I hate dat thing
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hmmm!
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by sylve11: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
emorse: How den go take wear d backpack? Abi we go use broom or fleet take threaten the cockroach make him wear d backpack ni?

lol. grin cool

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by An0nimus: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Backpack ko jetpack ni
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
it first starts with roaches, then pet animals, then Humans.

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
Emmyk: What's the need controlling cockroaches, are they pets now These oyinbo people sef cheesy

That's why they keep developing and we don't. To you, they are just controlling cockroaches. To them, they are one step closer to dominating your land once again by developing human brain controlling "backpacks". Dey dere dey look ooo

Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by nwaimoroseyaho: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
No problem
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2013

Looking forward to an app which gives me an extra function to make roaches each themselves up. I hate the site of cockroach. #ItDisgustsMe
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by executinal(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Na Oyibo product abi? We agree
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by tintingz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
I just don't understand all this white people again as in wetin I wan do with cockroaches... undecided

How To Download Youtube Videos With Your Phone [android,ios,blackberry] / How To Add Facebook Friends To Your Whatsapp / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap