Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Driving Rules In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Rules In Nigeria (16946 Views)

You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria. / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / 25 Rules For Driving In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Rules In Nigeria by jascopassion(m): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello fellow landers,it will be my joy to hear from you all abt some driving rules in this country.
Also, as a learner, what are those things one needs to be mindful of?
Lastly, what are the 1st things to check when a car suddenly derives problem while you are on a journey and easy check solution to those problems?
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by hammedkola(m): 1:28am On Oct 09, 2013
Firstly as a learner, don't speed pass 60m, the electric pole in front of my apartment can tell you why smiley

Lastly, why not take your time and visit a driving school that 'll tell you everything and even practicalize it

3 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 09, 2013
just a single rule... don't bash and avoid being bashed.

8 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2013
jascopassion: Hello fellow landers,it will be my joy to hear from you all abt some driving rules in this country.
Lastly, what are the 1st things to check when a car suddenly derives problem while you are on a journey and easy check solution to those problems?

dont you have the so called HIGHWAY CODE in nigeria

every country should have their own and thats were you read all the road rules and donts

https://www.gov.uk/highway-code
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 09, 2013
jascopassion: Hello fellow landers,it will be my joy to hear from you all abt some driving rules in this country.
Bro, go to the nearest FRSC or driving school and get a copy of Nigerian Highway Driving Codes and Conducts.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Adufaye(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
No dey 4get 2 look motor light n der speed wey dey ur front,and no 2 dey close to dem......... no drink and drive! Even water self no drink lol grin
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by adexsimply(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
1)Don't drink while driving
2)Don't drive while drinking
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by YoshiMaster: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2013

There are some psychos that drive some milo cans on wheels, they are the danfo drivers, with their "I don't give a F.U.K" mentality, and their F.U.K.E.D up metal containers.

Beware of these ones if you love your ride, because these psychos can't afford to repair your ride if they bash it.

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Daewoods(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
No look nyash wen driving, or you go find urself inside wetin oyibo dey call 'ditch'

3 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by felzylix(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
Always keep ur bottle bsyd ur wheel and watch out for big booty chikz
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by vladimiros: 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ig police stops you aleays have Hundred Naira backup

2 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Cool.. Listen to my advice as I guide you through what driving rules entails in nigeria

1) Most important of all of them, always carry N50 "egunje" or "bribe" when police stops you

2) No try drop biscuit packs near road safety officials, or else you go pick pin tire

3) Road safety and police are now charging N150. Blame it on global recession undecided

4) Don't drink and drive, but you can "weed" and fly wink

5) Police are NEVER your friend

6) Blast loud music when driving

7) Don't make use of your side mirrors or inner light or inner mirror, it will guarantee you accidents which some driver like grin

8 ) Get ready to see MORE potholes than actual roads

9) Always carry your particulars if you don't want to drop egunje

10) You don't need driving licence as long as you hold egunje

11) No look nyash while driving.. Death/accident is real

13) The most important rule, watch out for CRASHING PLANES coming down from the sky..

Goodluck.. Tenk angry

15 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by YoshiMaster: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
Daewoods: No look nyash wen driving, or you go find urself inside wetin oyibo dey call 'ditch'

True story, wettin person go do with the nyash anyway?

You go begin form James Bond for untop traffic, dey find way to reverse, all because say one girl dey chop too much puff puff and fried egg, wey come give am big nyash.

Face your front o, nyash go still dey when you park ya moto.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by scratchbro: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
THERE ARE NO RULES.....
You can just be driving and minding ur own business and somebody will just run into you for no good reason.
Na God dey protect us.
Just drive with a Cross, Chaplet or ur Prayer beads in ya hand.
#theend
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by antifat(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
Now a days questions always make front page,I don't know why and u can't get full answers

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by kunlesehan(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
adexsimply: 1)Don't drink while driving

and to be on a safe side, imagine that all other drivers are mad ( kolo mental )... lol

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by olahero(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Booked..........am also a learner
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
[b] be mindful of Okada, Keke, Latsma, VIO, Roadsafety and fellow Learners especially those that carves out a huge L-sign from plywood and paints it with horseblood[/b]vote at my signature

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by priscasmart(f): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
carujmonella: Cool.. Listen to my advice as I guide you through what driving rules entails in nigeria

1) Most important of all of them, always carry N50 "egunje" or "bribe" when police stops you

2) No try drop biscuit packs near road safety officials, or else you go pick pin tire

3) Road safety and police are now charging N150. Blame it on global recession undecided

7) Don't make use of your side mirrors or inner light or inner mirror, it will guarantee you accidents which some driver like grin

13) The most important rule, watch out for CRASHING PLANES coming down from the sky..

Goodluck.. Tenk angry
lolz
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Ndoz(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
lomomike:
Bro, go to the nearest FRSC or driving school and get a copy of Nigerian Highway Driving Codes and Conducts.

grin
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
NO WAHALA URSELF.........BUY AUTO TRANSMISSION.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by dridowu: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
If in lasgidi beware of lastma guy, learn to use ur seat belt regularly, watch out for dos danfo guyz most of them are animals in human skin
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Jideoforpaul1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote
author=jascopassion]Hello fellow landers,it will be my joy to hear from
you all abt some driving rules in this country.
Lastly, what are the 1st things to check when a car suddenly derives
problem while you are on a journey and easy check solution to those
problems? [/quote] i'll b right back
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by aduje(m): 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
If you drive on Lagos roads as a learner, beware of the guys behind the wheels of 1978 model vw bus usually painted yellow. They are usually high on Alomo+Da grin things; drive with hazard lights (double pointers) on 24/7.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Qsscruz(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
Well there are no rules for driving in Nigeria just know how to know drive.As for the rules, you get them everyday..Nothing is permanent in Naija.

3 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by BB013(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
1: there re no rules for driving in nigeria
2: just concentrate while driving to avoid bashing nd being bashed
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by BB013(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
carujmonella: Cool.. Listen to my advice as I guide you through what driving rules entails in nigeria

Goodluck.. Tenk angry

Lol at ur no 11..
Der is no how u wont look nyash grin that is d causer of majot accident we dont know instead we blame it on alomo.
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=carujmonella]

lol. I'm just wondering how he's goner watch out for crashing plane from the sky.what is he driving ;wheelbarrow? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Kokodeni(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
adexsimply: 1)Don't drink while driving

Just get ur fill before u get behind the wheel,
There is something else u might need, it is called weed

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by k2039: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Richy.:
lol. I'm just wondering how he's goner watch out for crashing plane from the sky.what is he driving ;wheelbarrow?
He should convert his car to open roof.

1 Like

Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Sageez(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
booked, brb
Re: Driving Rules In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2013

Goodluck.. Tenk angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Will Take Over Africa – IVM Chairman, Chukwuma / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) / Return All SPY Vehicle Plate Numbers To State Commands, AIG Zone 9 Urges Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.