Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nunc Dimittis For PHCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nunc Dimittis For PHCN (511 Views)

13 Companies Complete Payment For PHCN Assets / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nunc Dimittis For PHCN by Yosifperfect(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Be gone! Away with you harbinger of darkness. No tears for you Tormentor-in-Chief of the Federal Republic. For several years, you straddled the land and like evil incubus, you would not yield to light, casting deathly shadows over the land. Like a swarm of locusts you left the farmlands bare, voiding our harvests. Be gone! Away with you harbinger of woes.
Power Holding Company of Nigeria, (PHCN) is no more. It ceased to exist on September 30, 2013 when a swarm of private owners took over bits of its businesses. Adieu PHCN, the abiku who came in different guises and stole the spark in our eyes. PHCN the scion of amadioha that turned out cold as a mucous; nary an ember flickered in you! Would a lion sire a snake? Be gone with thee and may you never reincarnate; yes, may you never return here. We have nailed you to the Iroko tree so that you will end up at the middle of no where. We have impaled you deep in the ancient forest. Let the crows pick you clean. Be gone you swathe of darkness.
Should you return, we shall arraign you before the court of sango, the one who is thunderous of speech and breathes fire on felons. The one whose wrath is dealt in megawatts wired through the sinews of the gods. You who blinkered the light of our great land he will make you swear by the waters of the Kainji. May I come back a turbine if I caused grief by willfully inflicting darkness on the people; may I be as decrepit as the egregious Egbin thermal plant if I fiddle with figures.
Away and be gone with you! Go the way of the ogbanje on his seventh journey of no return. Now that you have been marked and diced up, we shall inter you with the analogue meters of your creation so that we might erase your foot step of folly. We shall also throw in a brigade of the stalwart little gasoline tiger, the rascal Chinese wonder as a fitting memorial to your tumultuous sojourn among us. May you enjoy your noisome company even in the hereafter and may you be ensconced in the company of a vengeful multitude of our fume asphyxiated souls wailing for justice.
Your Lugardian transformers which remind of torture chambers will sooner be sent after you. Please keep them as mementoes of your anachronistic tradition.
I shed nary a tear for you, no fond memories either. Anything else will do; anybody else but you. I join in sweeping the streets after you; I will lend a hand in clearing the cobwebs of those dreary decades. We will make new dungarees and acquire fresh sets of hard hat. We will change our logos and slogans. We will clean out and revamp your jaded edifices. We will forever sing and dance on the grave of your infamy and leave you in the hoary shadows of the past as we march into the horizon of our new sun. ADIEU PHCN!!!

1 Like

Re: Nunc Dimittis For PHCN by Yosifperfect(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lolz! We no wan take eye see PHCN again...
Re: Nunc Dimittis For PHCN by gregg2: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Bros, weldone. A very good farewell speech to Mr PHCN. cool
Re: Nunc Dimittis For PHCN by Yosifperfect(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Thanks... ;DThanks...

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha Deportees Sue Lagos State Government / If Demons Could Talk By Ikechukwu / Oduah Gate: It Is Not Enough For GEJ To Sack, Prosecute Her NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.