Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168827 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 05, 2014
emk4lif: Cool thread with helpful tips, I'm a 300 level Petroleum Engineering student on a 4.43 CGPA......primary focus is getting back to a first class GPA which is within sight and hopefully proceeding for an overseas masters degree on completion,
However , unlike most, I doubt I'd want to specialize in Reservoir Engineering or Drilling, I'd prefer obtaining a Masters in Petroleum/Energy Economics and Management so my question is in line with current industry trends.....how wise is that........Should I stick instead to the technical aspect....
Very impressive GP I must say....strive to maintain it and possibly cross the 4.50 boundary...with a very high grade such as yours you have a good chance of getting in just about any multinational at entry level even without a masters and you could get a post graduate scholarship, your immediate priority should be to maintain that level of performance and keep abreast of latest trends and software.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 05, 2014
TheImp:
Very impressive GP I must say....strive to maintain it and possibly cross the 4.50 boundary...with a very high grade such as yours you have a good chance of getting in just about any multinational at entry level even without a masters and you could get a post graduate scholarship, your immediate priority should be to maintain that level of performance and keep abreast of latest trends and software.
Thanks smiley
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mikkyjagga1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Good day everyone, names Mike and am a grad of Geophysics frm uniport, finished in 2011, I'm currently a contract worker with an indigenous company in ph, we wrk offshore but the condition of service is nothing to write home bout, and d job specification is not in my field so loving this thread...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
mikkyjagga1: Good day everyone, names Mike and am a grad of Geophysics frm uniport, finished in 2011, I'm currently a contract worker with an indigenous company in ph, we wrk offshore but the condition of service is nothing to write home bout, and d job specification is not in my field so loving this thread...
what's the job specification if I might ask?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Cpumping(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please can anyone be so kind as to help me get any kind of geology work (field or software) 'unpaid' in portharcourt.

I'm tired of roasting at home. At least let me gaining experience.

I'm would really appreciate any help. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 5:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Cpumping:
Please can anyone be so kind as to help me get any kind of geology work (field or software) 'unpaid' in portharcourt.

I'm tired of roasting at home. At least let me gaining experience.

I'm would really appreciate any help. Thanks in anticipation.

UNPAID?

has it got to this?

Chai, may God help me when i graduate few months to come.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Cpumping(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2014
Ezegozie:

UNPAID?

has it got to this?

Pray really hard.
It is that bad.

Please someone help.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello pls any vacancies. I have an Msc in Petroleum geoscience and Btech geology. Does any1 knw companies I can apply too.
Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mrdrizzy(m): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello guys.. Any way can an industrial mathematician fit in this field...nd can someone shed more lights on it..nd hw it cut across gas/petrl... Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 15, 2014
graceforum: Hello pls any vacancies. I have an Msc in Petroleum geoscience and Btech geology. Does any1 knw companies I can apply too.
Thanks
so many if you are in lag

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 4:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Between PORTHARCOURT and LAGOS
where will you advise a geologist to serve during NYSC.
In terms of being exposed and getting links to oil industries?

Please ur answer is highly needed
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Ezegozie: Between PORTHARCOURT and LAGOS
where will you advise a geologist to serve during NYSC.
In terms of being exposed and getting links to oil industries?

Please ur answer is highly needed
this a wrong question,if this is your mindset sorry to say.....you can land a job from anywhere you are...just prepared, be focus and keep praying.....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by nonyowen: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
this a wrong question,if this is your mindset sorry to say.....you can land a job from anywhere you are...just prepared, be focus and keep praying.

Hello sir gud job ur doing on this thread God bless u. Pls I sent u a message on ur email abt a week ago bt no response yet. Pls kindly check and reply me thank you sir
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mrdrizzy(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
mrdrizzy: Hello guys.. Any way can an industrial mathematician fit in this field...nd can someone shed more lights on it..nd hw it cut across gas/petrl... Thanks
can someone answer dis pls
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almasterpiece(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
itoski: Writing a project on d topic RESERVOIR CHARACTERISATION OF A NIGER DELTA FIELD USING WELL LOG DATA.need help wit materials to hlp my final year project work thanks....itoski@yahoo.com email if available

Its a wonderful project, and its going to expose you if you do something thorough. I sent you a mail so you tell me the kind of data you need.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almasterpiece(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ezegozie:

UNPAID?

has it got to this?

What can you bring to the table
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
almasterpiece:

What can you bring to the table

i think i should re-direct that question to you.

When you were in your final year, WHAT DID YOU BRING TO THE TABLE?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Donbabajayz(m): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2014
donasere: Choi....haven't been on here since d NL blast....abeg oga imag5 and other bosses at the top well done and more power to your elbows ..I wanna do dis JPTS; drilling and offshore technology course in Lagos...but am having difficulty finding details on d course.
What I need enlightenment on are:
1. The duration of the course
2. The cost to do it in Lagos
3. Are certificates issued upon completion?

I just concluded a course on advanced sequence stratigraphy and seismic interpretation using opendtect at Danvic concepts international.
The course is a must do for every aspiring geoscience professional who is looking to go into the oil and gas sector.
Ps. They bring in professionals from the OAG sector to give talks and enlighten or rather expose you to what is going on in the sector.
please how much did d course cost n their location within Lagos. details on d course outline n benefits ll b appreciated
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mustaphagreens(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
educative and insightful..... following. BTW i'm Momoh Mustapha a 400l student of Petroleum Engineering in uniport. @op, please can you add me on whatsapp-07031249796.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mustaphagreens(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
imag5: the issue is not the downloading but the lincense key to operate the software,however u can meet some people that aready have it to send it to ur system....it take millions to get these software...i got my first petrel2010 software from my lecturer in school then.. Send me ur mail let me see how i can send u the file......it not the software it about u getting a data and knw how to use it...cheers
big bros, pls i would love to have this software too. This is my email- mustaphagreens@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by donasere(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Donbabajayz: please how much did d course cost n their location within Lagos. details on d course outline n benefits ll b appreciated

as at last month when I took the course it was 35k. And it lasted one week....
On their location within lagos the are at number 23 adeniyi adelaja street magodo lagos.
Course outline-

1. Introduction to Seismic Interpretation.

2. Principles of Sequence Stratigraphy.

3. Basic Seismic Interpretation: Horizon Mapping, Fault Mapping, Seismic Attribute Analysis, Attribute Cross Plotting, Spectral Decomposition, Well-to-Seismic Tie, Dip Steering, Neural Network Techniques (Chimney Technology and Property Prediction).

4. Sequence Stratigraphic Interpretation System: Horizon Cube, System Tracts Display, Lap out Patterns, Sequence Stratigraphic Surfaces.

5. Career Talk will be given to participants by Top Professionals in the Industry from notable Oil and Gas Companies.

You could look up their site for more information.

http://www.danvicconcepts.com/

oga imag5 well done with the good work, nobody has responded to my questions on drilling and offshore technology.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Donbabajayz(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
donasere:

as at last month when I took the course it was 35k. And it lasted one week....
On their location within lagos the are at number 23 adeniyi adelaja street magodo lagos.
Course outline-

1. Introduction to Seismic Interpretation.

2. Principles of Sequence Stratigraphy.

3. Basic Seismic Interpretation: Horizon Mapping, Fault Mapping, Seismic Attribute Analysis, Attribute Cross Plotting, Spectral Decomposition, Well-to-Seismic Tie, Dip Steering, Neural Network Techniques (Chimney Technology and Property Prediction).

4. Sequence Stratigraphic Interpretation System: Horizon Cube, System Tracts Display, Lap out Patterns, Sequence Stratigraphic Surfaces.

5. Career Talk will be given to participants by Top Professionals in the Industry from notable Oil and Gas Companies.

You could look up their site for more information.

http://www.danvicconcepts.com/

oga imag5 well done with the good work, nobody has responded to my questions on drilling and offshore technology.
thanks bro...i appreciate
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almasterpiece(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ezegozie:

i think i should re-direct that question to you.

When you were in your final year, WHAT DID YOU BRING TO THE TABLE?

nothing
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
almasterpiece:

nothing
ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by seedgie(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2014
almasterpiece:

Its a wonderful project, and its going to expose you if you do something thorough. I sent you a mail so you tell me the kind of data you need.
nice to see guys willing to give a helping hand. pls i am working on a related field for my MSc research work. i need help as well (wellog and seismic data) don't want to talk about core . thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ugowinn(m): 9:16am On Aug 20, 2014
Please I got admission to do MSC Subsea Engineering at university of Strathclyde and another admission at Offshore Technology Institute (an arm of Uniport and a sister to IPS) which should I go for? please all experienced guys should reply
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 20, 2014
ugowinn: Please I got admission to do MSC Subsea Engineering at university of Strathclyde and another admission at Offshore Technology Institute (an arm of Uniport and a sister to IPS) which should I go for? please all experienced guys should reply
wow difficult to choose since both school are tight in terms of knowledge to be aquired,i love subsea engineering because it is well sought after in abroad,after going for subsea raise some cash while in UK and get yourself certified in ROV, job will look for you and you earn mega pay.
i choose subsea my bro,international exposure and so many privelleges...goodluck.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Deprince36m(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Pls can a graduate wit Bsc in industrial chemistry work in oil&gas company? N wat is ur advice fr him to get started.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by donasere(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
Deprince36m: Pls can a graduate wit Bsc in industrial chemistry work in oil&gas company? N wat is ur advice fr him to get started.

yes he/she could. You could work in the lab too and also in quality control and some oda places too
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=seedgie] nice to see guys willing to give a helping hand.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by seedgie(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2014
oote:

From which school are you doing your MSc.
Chat me up via 28688C1B for more info.
uniben, nt on bbm but wahtsapp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.