Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169039 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
imag5: My advice for such person is to go for skills...certificate course like roustabout,roughneck,cementers,mud engineering. wireline and so many,but with lower credit i think is high time he goes for his PGD in a good sch like uniport and it not that expensive,and also prayers will work,i know of a guy that paid 250k to an oil coy called weltek in ph just to learn welding and fabrication and he was not paid a dime after his traning for one year the company retain him and now He handles a project currently at Afam project for the comapny is a big boy, Story line.....pls dont despise little beginning and learn to sacrifice what u have to get what u want,even if it makes u to drink garri for one year.....according to wizkid suffer does not kill it makes u to be strong.....pls tell him to get a skill like Boseit,HSE and do his PGD and let him be patient...cheers.....umf
imag5: mean while i forget to mention that Location matters,where is the persons location......umf
Thanks a lot,will pass this across.He's based in PH

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
ceewai lebi: Thanks a lot,will pass this across.He's based in PH
u are welcome
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Post your Cv for review
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by monomex: 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Dis iz a very nice thread! Ephraim is my name, a fresh PE graduate from FUTO....still on d job hunt.

Please, what is an interviewer looking for in a fresh graduate when he/she (d interviewer) asks d applicant "have you been applying to other jobs?"

And what's an ideal response to such question as an interviewee (graduate)? because as a young graduate, they xpect you shouldn't put all eggs in one basket....ie, you must have bn applying to so many other place. So telling them their company is d only place you re applying to may seem like a lie...lol.

Please share your opinion....cheers!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
monomex: Dis iz a very nice thread! Ephraim is my name, a fresh PE graduate from FUTO....still on d job hunt.

Please, what is an interviewer looking for in a fresh graduate when he/she (d interviewer) asks d applicant "have you been applying to other jobs?"

And what's an ideal response to such question as an interviewee (graduate)? because as a young graduate, they xpect you shouldn't put all eggs in one basket....ie, you must have bn applying to so many other place. So telling them their company is d only place you re applying to may seem like a lie...lol.

Please share your opinion....cheers!

Thanks
It a very simple thing,you tell them yes you have been applying to comapany that meet your requirement and since you are fresh,all they except after your graduation is for you to look for Job..but you have to tell them that you apply to company similar to theirs and it shows you know what you want and it put pressure on them to take you....umf

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by monomex: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
imag5: It a very simple thing,you tell them yes you have been applying to comapany that meet your requirement and since you are fresh,all they except after your graduation is for you to look for Job..but you have to tell them that you apply to company similar to theirs and it shows you know what you want and it put pressure on them to take you....umf
Hmmm....nice one! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
imag5: Happy sunday my geoscientist and petroleum engineers in the house......the bible says weeping may endure throught out the night but joy comes in the morning....my guys out there dont give up unto you win......umf
happy Sunday to u too. Burr you have not answered my query. Read thru the post U'll find it...... I need ur reply as i'm in a decision making period........ Nice issues to discuss this week, can't wait

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
i am a fresh graduate of gas engineering and plan on going for a masters programme but i am torn btw continuing with Gas engineering at graduate level or opting for drilling and well engineering. i am considering drilling cos i love it most compared to reservoir and production and would want to gain more knowledge plus a career as a drilling engineer isnt bad. however gas hold so much potential for the future...and being a professional in that area holds so much opportunities..what do you think.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
addictiv: i am a fresh graduate of gas engineering and plan on going for a masters programme but i am torn btw continuing with Gas engineering at graduate level or opting for drilling and well engineering. i am considering drilling cos i love it most compared to reservoir and production and would want to gain more knowledge plus a career as a drilling engineer isnt bad. however gas hold so much potential for the future...and being a professional in that area holds so much opportunities..what do you think.
hello sir,forgive me for not responding to ur query earlier, what i will like say is when it comes to oil and gas in nigeria in the next 20years i will still give it to oil,oil in the sense that wells that have been drilled since 1956 as not been fully tapped out ie the depth of hydrocarbon has not been being fully drilled thats the reason more Reservoir characterisation studies is being carried out on all these well except where u have marginal field,Gas for now is very hard for nigeria to embark on because the High amount of technology to map it out except USa and canada that is working on their Shale gas, my conclusion Drilling is still the future my bro,go for drilling engineering or get a Drilling fluids ceritficate so that you can get into the system on time in nigeria or you study your Gas and practise oversea,,in 3years time Dangote refinery will be on live,what do you think they will Refine there?oil of course and people like you guys will be employ and earn big cash...so get ur self prepared for it.....ok.........umf

3 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
imag5: hello sir,forgive me for not responding to ur query earlier, what i will like say is when it comes to oil and gas in nigeria in the next 20years i will still give it to oil,oil in the sense that wells that have been drilled since 1956 as not been fully tapped out ie the depth of hydrocarbon has not been being fully drilled thats the reason more Reservoir characterisation studies is being carried out on all these well except where u have marginal field,Gas for now is very hard for nigeria to embark on because the High amount of technology to map it out except USa and canada that is working on their Shale gas, my conclusion Drilling is still the future my bro,go for drilling engineering or get a Drilling fluids ceritficate so that you can get into the system on time in nigeria or you study your Gas and practise oversea,,in 3years time Dangote refinery will be on live,what do you think they will Refine there?oil of course and people like you guys will be employ and earn big cash...so get ur self prepared for it.....ok.........umf
thanks a lot bruv..really appreciate.....my deli-ma is that i will be doing it abroad and may be based there for up to 10 years infact my family wants me to stay there permanently even though i would prefer returning here to establish myself....so want to choose something that can help me get establish abroad as quickly as possible and will also be quite relevant here plus i am working on establishing a servicing firm here and plan to open a branch abroad when i go there since i am partnering with a colleague and he can head the one here..........but all the same thanks

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Are you on whatsapp?

You just woke something in me...
imag5: Thanks everyone,jpts certified drilling operations and offshore technology is 30k at pH.....hope u guys are fine.....we are the future..don't give up......if u are already a graduate sent or CV to my mail marcusimagwe@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
addictiv:
thanks a lot bruv..really appreciate.....my deli-ma is that i will be doing it abroad and may be based there for up to 10 years infact my family wants me to stay there permanently even though i would prefer returning here to establish myself....so want to choose something that can help me get establish abroad as quickly as possible and will also be quite relevant here plus i am working on establishing a servicing firm here and plan to open a branch abroad when i go there since i am partnering with a colleague and he can head the one here..........but all the same thanks
love your vision, admire your courage, someone just came back from US, after working for schlumberger for about 20years to open cbgeophysical in PH.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
2s£xy:
Are you on whatsapp?

You just woke something in me...
pls is jpts are recognized body
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
imag5: Secret of some professional that have made it......after ur graduation go for HSE course and also drilling course..am currently done with my Hse 1,2 and 3 from British saftey council and also running a program with jpts on drilling operations and offshore technology,all i can say many offers have been coming my way.....so just try it...advice to young graduate...we will get there....some day...we are only here to make impart in our society at large..
i love to become a driller but i'm a chemical engineering student,do i still have a chance to become a driller? Here's my emaii; samsayet@gmail.com....Ur reply will be appreciated.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think that question should be directed at the OP. Thanks.
ideology:
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
OP, please how long does it take to complete each HSE and for how much did each cost?

Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sayet: i love to become a driller but i'm a chemical engineering student,do i still have a chance to become a driller?....Ur reply will be appreciated.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=Sayet][/quote]yes it is very possible with chemical engineering you are on track,all you need is go for your masters in PE or go for drilling certificate course like well completion,drilling engineering,mud,coring and so many, there is a school in usa called ACE mud,and oklahoma drilling school,one in canada maritime drilling academy,google should do the rest.....cheers

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
ideology:
yes they are well recognised infact they conduct tranning for tranning for companies like exonmobil,julius berger,shell and they provide workforce to companies in qatar,their drilling progam is in associatoin with oil and gas academy in norway and IADC certified....u will be given level 1 driller sat
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Geology is the Music of the Earth,Geophysics is the sound of the earh,then what is petroleum engineering?well petroleum engineering is the beat of the earth.....without a good beat there would not be a nice music.....i love PE,i love geology and i love geophysicst,that why we are so precious......let our debate start
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
2s£xy:
OP, please how long does it take to complete each HSE and for how much did each cost?

Thanks.
four saturdays and the price is 80pounds for level 1 2 and 3,with other 3 extral certificate
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 15, 2013
You mean 80 GBP? shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

and between October-feb of this year, I blew away $1000.

Well, I used the money for my school and NYSC preparation. I will be passing out by Feb next year.

I kind like Production more than drilling and I am HND holder, Petroleum Engineering Technology. Which aspect would best suit me.

Thanks.
imag5: four saturdays and the price is 80pounds for level 1 2 and 3,with other 3 extral certificate
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2013
2s£xy:
You mean 80 GBP? shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

and between October-feb of this year, I blew away $1000.

Well, I used the money for my school and NYSC preparation. I will be passing out by Feb next year.

I kind like Production more than drilling and I am HND holder, Petroleum Engineering Technology. Which aspect would best suit me.

Thanks.
add me on skype geomakaay let's discuss

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks, bro. But honestly, my laptop is bad here. So, I can't possibly use it because PC browsing is VERY slow. I am using a phone to browse. The mobile browsing is okay as I stay in a place surrounded by mountains which isn't the state capital.

Is it possible to still communicate via skype with phone? I use Nokia Asha and whatsapp is enabled on it.

If your phone is whatsapp enabled, let's use that instead because that would be faster. We can even create a group on whatsapp where we share ideas like we do here; only that method is highly responsive due to instant messaging.

Thanks.

imag5: add me on skype geomakaay let's discuss
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Okies
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks... On it!
imag5: Add me on whatsap 07034615418
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Dear explorers and engineers
Have you found yourself in a situation that you never expected you would be in and you’re stressed out of your mind? You may feel your whole world is crashing in on you and that you’ve lost everything. You are just plain tired. Don’t panic and don’t quit! You’re still here in your right mind. Everything else is a bonus.

You may have been in this place before where you’ve wondered, "How can I get through this?" You couldn’t see it, but somehow you made it. And you will again. Stop ~ take a deep breathe! Calm yourself and encourage yourself. Keep in mind, who you had to be and what you had to do in the past to overcome what appeared to be insurmountable odds. You still have that power that makes you a winner. Keep your head up. Come out swinging. Know in your heart of hearts…it’s not over until you win! Because... you have something special! You have GREATNESS within you!!

4 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Imag5, you have message on whatsapp. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
tnkz a lot @ Imag5 i do appreciate, readn tinz al d way.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
The right link:

http://www.chevening.org/nigeria/apply

Navigate.
harde2lah:
sorry, ve bin very busy wif academic work nd my thesis. I ll b roundin up my prog by november. I ll share my experience soon. Fellow Geoscientist nd pet engrs, u can check this out -www.chevening.com/nigeria. Its a british post graduate scholarship. Nt sure d link is correct. U can as wel google chevening scholarship nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.