Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168833 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vickSamuel: 12:10am On Jan 26, 2015
G.eve geologist. My name is victor. Pls I need guidance. I just graduated from N.D.U with B.sc Geology last year, nw am awaiting my nysc call up. After that I would love to knw wat I can do in order to move forward in my career. I really need all your help.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ignis: 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
imag5:
i dont think so,why not save more and go to IPS or travel out for MSC
Please which country is the best to go for Msc in Geological Sciences (Geophysics) ?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
ignis:

Please which country is the best to go for Msc in Geological Sciences (Geophysics) ?
USA,TOP SCHS IN UK
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ignis: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
imag5:
USA,TOP SCHS IN UK
I was thinking of Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 28, 2015
Hello everyone, am not one of you guys. Just pleases me to know we have intelligent minds yet
Thumbs up guys.

3 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by graceforum: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
I have an MSc in petroleum geoscience from the UK. UK schools are not good the entire programme was rushed (ITs a 1 year prog) I think US or Canada is better cos its 2 years and more detailed. U get better value for ur money. Many of my collegues from naija made comments like I wish I could get my money back at the end of the programme. Except if, only if u already have years of experience in the oil and gas industry then u'ld be ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by MoyoGENERAL: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2015
ignis:

Check the Center of Excellence in Geosciences, they offer MSc Petroleum geophysics and Evaluation Studies. It is sponsored by SHELL at their Center in University of Benin.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2015
graceforum:
I have an MSc in petroleum geoscience from the UK. UK schools are not good the entire programme was rushed (ITs a 1 year prog) I think US or Canada is better cos its 2 years and more detailed. U get better value for ur money. Many of my collegues from naija made comments like I wish I could get my money back at the end of the programme. Except if, only if u already have years of experience in the oil and gas industry then u'ld be ok.
Eeyah, so sorry about that.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almasterpiece(m): 6:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Cpumping:

Hi, I graduated from geology dept in 2011. the subject combination is I used maths, english, chemistry and physics. That was in 2006. I doubt if anythng has changed. U shd b good wit dese sub combination.
Geology 2011 set who be this. na Masterpiece
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Cpumping(m): 6:56am On Feb 20, 2015
almasterpiece:

Geology 2011 set who be this. na Masterpiece

Coordinator! This na chima obiukwu. grin grin grin
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ihinmi(m): 5:43am On Feb 21, 2015
@img5 @all
Please its advisable for someone who had it 1st degree in MATHEMATICS to go for master in GEOPHYSICS. THANKS
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 21, 2015
Ihinmi:
@img5 @all
Please its advisable for someone who had it 1st degree in MATHEMATICS to go for master in GEOPHYSICS. THANKS
sure very possible,you can become a petrophysicst
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ihinmi(m): 8:46am On Feb 21, 2015
imag5:
sure very possible,you can become a petrophysicst
please, which uni is the best to go for in nigeria
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dolapomichael: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
@imag5, Please I am serious about building a career in NDT, like I said earlier, I have certifications but minimal experience. Judging from your wealth of experience, can you please link me up with NDT companies I can intern or train with or send me some of your contact links. My email address is dolapomichael@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks as usual
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by sudo1986: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
imag5:
My advice for such person is to go for skills...certificate course like roustabout,roughneck,cementers,mud engineering. wireline and so many,but with lower credit i think is high time he goes for his PGD in a good sch like uniport and it not that expensive,and also prayers will work,i know of a guy that paid 250k to an oil coy called weltek in ph just to learn welding and fabrication and he was not paid a dime after his traning for one year the company retain him and now He handles a project currently at Afam project for the comapny is a big boy, Story line.....pls dont despise little beginning and learn to sacrifice what u have to get what u want,even if it makes u to drink garri for one year.....according to wizkid suffer does not kill it makes u to be strong.....pls tell him to get a skill like Boseit,HSE and do his PGD and let him be patient...cheers.....umf

Please bro, like how many month or days is HSE programme. I am currently serving at Anambra state but were asked to pay 10k for it. It is a two days programme here
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2015
sudo1986:

Please bro, like how many month or days is HSE programme. I am currently serving at Anambra state but were asked to pay 10k for it. It is a two days programme here
please forget that 10k hse training anything outside ispon or higher safety course u are wasting your cash
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Aspire200(m): 12:18am On Feb 25, 2015
Ihinmi:
@img5 @all

It is possible to do it. What I would advise is that you start to familiarise yourself with the 'jargonous' world of geology little by little before you start the programme. As a mathematician, the physics part of geophysics should be easier to grab quickly.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by flexygenius(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2015
pls am a siwes student of geology where can one get WinResist software to download
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Josyjay(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2015
Great minds...i greet d haux,i need information/assistance to get a suitable company that i can do my internship (I.T) that starts July...preferably in ph or nearby states...Godbless
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by laniyi07(m): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2015
flexygenius:
pls am a siwes student of geology where can one get WinResist software to download
if you are based in lagos lemme know cos I can get it installed on ur system and teach u how to use it.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2015
imag5:
pls though the curriculum of ispon is not cool ie not satisfied with their training but currently there is a politics going on in Safety in Nigeria, if you don't have ISPON INSTITUTE OF SAFETY PROFESSIONAL OF Nigeria.it will be difficult for you to get Hse role except you go for advance safety like Nebosh igc, so i will tell you the truth it is not worth it,for now anything outside ispon it will be difficult, so please go for Nisp or Ispon the system has been politicized. So don't waste your money just go for Ispon Hse general and level 3.

Imag

Imag5 ,my boss always on point . Thank you very much for your wealth of advice. I would have gone lost for a long time ago.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by flexygenius(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
@laniyi07 pls am in Abuja 4 my IT pls could u send it 2 my email....I have and familiar with ipi2win but where am doing my I.T they are using WinResist
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ciskenn(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2015
@Img5: I have read your post which is really helpful. I love to have a dream career in the oil and gas.
I have intern experience with PP&QC from Kaduna refinery. Am a graduate of and have served. I will look forward to hear from you on best way to forward my career. chemistry
Am picking serious interest in exploration geoscience
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by laniyi07(m): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
flexygenius:
@laniyi07 pls am in Abuja 4 my IT pls could u send it 2 my email....I have and familiar with ipi2win but where am doing my I.T they are using WinResist
I dont know how to send softwares files via email o. moreover if ur IT firm uses that software, y dont u gerrit from them cos it would be easier that way.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by nonyowen: 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hi evry1, Great work ur doing Image. Pls I have this dilemma and I need all ur opinions, esp d experienced ones. I've always wanted to be in d upstream, I studied applied Geology. Now I got admission 4 MSc petroleum engineering at Leoben Austria. Bt dad also worked another, MSc geoscience in d US. He feels that oil industry is no longer very viable and PE will limit my chances whr as geoscience has other opportunities. Now I'm confused which wuld u take? I hav limited time to decide...pls all opinions are welcomed, thank u all.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
nonyowen:
Hi evry1, Great work ur doing Image. Pls I have this dilemma and I need all ur opinions, esp d experienced ones. I've always wanted to be in d upstream, I studied applied Geology. Now I got admission 4 MSc petroleum engineering at Leoben Austria. Bt dad also worked another, MSc geoscience in d US. He feels that oil industry is no longer very viable and PE will limit my chances whr as geoscience has other opportunities. Now I'm confused which wuld u take? I hav limited time to decide...pls all opinions are welcomed, thank u all.
USA you can ask me why
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by nonyowen: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
@Image
Ok thank u for ur opinion and pls tell me why bearing in mind that its not d countries I'm worried abt its the 2 courses....do u think my dad's concerns are serious enough thank u sir
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by nonyowen: 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
imag5:
USA you can ask me why

Ok why please
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by pascal2young(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
i have lots of unanswered questions but it seems all bossee in this forum has being busy......
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by benELOHIM7(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good day sir, I am a 500L chemical/ petrochemical engineering student of rsust. I have interests in petroleum exploration and production but I have questions bothering me like:
1. Should I get professional certifications or should I get an M.Sc in Reservoir Engineering?
2.How viable is this venture since I dont have basic petroleum engineering Knowledge
3. I have done my Research on IPS Uniport, IFS france, Texas A/M etc...which Institution gives proper training on petroleum Engineering Courses at affordable fees?
sir your prompt reply will do me good. Thank you very much
imag5:
Best country to practise as oil and gas professional
1.Qatar.....especially when you are into drilling operations
2.naija.....all oil and gas professional
3. USA
4.Canada
How do u break in.......so many ways just go for a certificate course like mud/fluids engineering,Nebosh igc,A pi and many more u will be smiling when u pay so much sacrifice ,mean while I would have say MSC degree but it very slow unless when u go to UK top school am talking abt getting quick job fast

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.