Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168873 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Okiem(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Temi011:
Free Summer Geoscience Training for Students

Geophysics Field School is an innovative response to the call of students who reiterated their limited exposure to field work and practical experiences in Geosciences. This opportunity presented by Dextol Global Geophysicals is hereby focused on exposing candidates who need practical knowledge of Geophysical Techniques and wants to solidify their base in Geophysics. Candidates would have the opportunity to work one-on-one with geophysical equipment and be able to translate the acquired data to the image of the subsurface using various recognized Geoscience software.

For more details visit: www.dextolgbgeo.com/geofieldschool
Or call: +2348099617874

Opportunity open to 15 students.
please i want to work with your team .I am a geophysicist .Although i have gone through your site and i am planning on sending my cv and application letter to the prescribe email,but i will like to know how fast you will respond to me.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nkysuccess:
Hi everyone, just stumbled on this post recently. l am a 2.1 graduate of Geology from Unizik. Am really happy to be here. Admin pls add dis number 07068003653
what year
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nkysuccess:
Hi everyone, just stumbled on this post recently. l am a 2.1 graduate of Geology from Unizik. Am really happy to be here. Admin pls add dis number 07068003653
check my pics probably we have met.i studied applied geophysic ,unizik too.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 28, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a graduate of petroleum engineering and it's nice to be in here, sad career advice is the first post I'm making here, but it's really important to me that I make the tight choice so please anyone with experience should please help out, I'm currently stuck between making a choice to either go for an MSc. in pipeline engineering or petroleum geoscience, I studied petroleum engineering in my first degree and haven't been able to get a good job since graduation, I know an MSc isn't an express ticket to gainful employment, but I want something to increase my competence and versatility with intent to position myself better for opportunities. I had earlier considered getting the MSc in Occupational health and safety, but I was advised it's not technical enough for an engineer, what do you think? Which of the above programs do you think will give me a better chance, in the energy sector generally not just in oil & gas, considering my first degree background. Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by YOLO1(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2017
Please. Who knows any school offering M. Sc in Exploration Geophysics here in Nigeria?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
YOLO1:
Please. Who knows any school offering M. Sc in Exploration Geophysics here in Nigeria?
check Nnamdi Azikiwe university Awka
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by 1sylvesta: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2017
vingeophysicist:
need a job am an applied geophysicist.fresh graduate 08143843730
What set??
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2017
1sylvesta:
What set??
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by alcuin(m): 2:01am On Oct 11, 2017
Please, where can I get training and professional certification as a mud engineer? I currently hold a B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Elanqy: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
Please add me in the group chat 07012884715
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by elriyaz(m): 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
pls add me too 08148501656
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2018
SnowJay92:
Hello everyone, I'm a graduate of petroleum engineering and it's nice to be in here, sad career advice is the first post I'm making here, but it's really important to me that I make the tight choice so please anyone with experience should please help out, I'm currently stuck between making a choice to either go for an MSc. in pipeline engineering or petroleum geoscience, I studied petroleum engineering in my first degree and haven't been able to get a good job since graduation, I know an MSc isn't an express ticket to gainful employment, but I want something to increase my competence and versatility with intent to position myself better for opportunities. I had earlier considered getting the MSc in Occupational health and safety, but I was advised it's not technical enough for an engineer, what do you think? Which of the above programs do you think will give me a better chance, in the energy sector generally not just in oil & gas, considering my first degree background. Thanks.

Which did you later pick?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2018
crudedude:

Which did you later pick?

Pipeline engineering. With good foundation in offshore and subsea engineering, structural integrity, reliability etc.

3 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Favbolu(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
How about soil science student.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 2:58am On Mar 07, 2018
SnowJay92:

Pipeline engineering. With good foundation in offshore and subsea engineering, structural integrity, reliability etc.

Great choice
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
crudedude:

Great choice

Why do you think so?

Seems you're much into digital biz?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
SnowJay92:

Why do you think so?

Seems you're much into digital biz?

Doing anything Geoscience in Nigeria right now is not a smart move IMO. You're better off using the money learning a skill then blowing the rest on bet9ja.

Okay, maybe that was too bad a picture. But yeah, the message is same. It's no secret Engineers are the major players in the oil and gas industry. Some engineers are even trained to handle what used to be core geophysicist roles. It's a bigger pool for new entrants unlike geosciences.

I do some online biz. Still learning the ropes.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Geofavor(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
crudedude:

Doing anything Geoscience in Nigeria right now is not a smart move IMO. You're better off using the money learning a skill then blowing the rest on bet9ja.

Okay, maybe that was too bad a picture. But yeah, the message is same. It's no secret Engineers are the major players in the oil and gas industry. Some engineers are even trained to handle what used to be core geophysicist roles. It's a bigger pool for new entrants unlike geosciences.

So, after graduating, I should throw away my certificate?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by IamGoke(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 09, 2018
crudedude:

Well, it's well. In the end it all boils down to Grace, changes and chances of life, being at the right place and the right time. Where do you stay?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
SnowJay92:

Well, it's well. In the end it all boils down to Grace, changes and chances of life, being at the right place and the right time. Where do you stay?

Nigeria grin
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
crudedude:

Nigeria grin

Lol, obviously...where in Nigeria??
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 11:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
SnowJay92:

Lol, obviously...where in Nigeria??

PH for now
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 14, 2018
crudedude:

Let's relate bro, how I go take reach you?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
SnowJay92:

Let's relate bro, how I go take reach you?

PM is fine.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by PETERSHOR(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by PETERSHOR(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.