Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal (20170 Views)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by usmolad(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2013
eaglechild:
Lagos is not SW.
Lagos is no man's land.

Go back to the rain forests of Ekiti.
Stop coveting other people's hard work.
hmmn! Lagos is no man's land but think of it if nigeria divide today, would lagos becomes part of biafra? I can't stop laughing.

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Chinom(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2013
geeez: Lagos is the Japan of Africa

Any other acclaimed Japan is Taiwanese

Eko o ni baje

Yoruba land o ni baje

A complete and unrefined VILLIAGE EEEDIOT. We've gone beyond such comments now. Nissan is welcome.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by ketoprofen(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Ayekotoo:

hardly find any yoruba company producing candle? is this a joke or what? Honeywell, Oyin holdings, Yale foods, Tuyil pharmacy, Eleganza etc are not ringing in your ears all this while?
Stop mentioning marijuana outlets masquerading as companies.
Check out the CEOs of these outlets and u have drug barons and oil thieves.
Leeches
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by ketoprofen(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2013
usmolad: hmmn! Lagos is no man's land but think of it if nigeria divide today, would lagos becomes part of biafra? I can't stop laughing.

Till then, its a no mans land.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by usmolad(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2013
ketoprofen:

Till then, its a no mans land.
it means onisha, calabar, ph are no man's land till nigeria divide

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by nairamaverick(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
i think the president should come to the aid of those local cars manufacturer.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by wogorparadise: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2013
Tolexander: calling someone a slowpoke before going on to post this shows that you are on the negative side on the intelligence scale.
change is the only constant thing, u critisize wen u ought to n praise wen its needed
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by dutchstar: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2013
There are some facts that need be considered here. While the policy may not be overly faulted. We need know that the problem of Nigeria is not so much about policy formulation but implementation. Many have talked about Nigeria not having a viable credit system to make it possible to get these new cars that will be assembled or produced here. And that is very true. Even in countries with viable credit system, it is hinged on job security in order for a good repayment plan to be ensured. The question here is what is the rate of unemployment in Nigeria? Even for those employed, what is the level of job security they have or the remuneration to ensure that the will be an ideal candidate to benefit from the credit system. We can continue to argue about this policy and from the different perspective we will all make sense. Lets look at it from the angle. 1 what will happen to the hundreds of thousand of clearing agents and brokers that are benefiting from the booming importation of these tokunbo cars ( mind you many of them are graduates that found solace in so doing due to unemployment). 2 what will be the plights of the importers 3.The taxi drivers that it was the affordability of tokunbo cars that made it possible 4. The countless number of mouths that are feed from the aforementioned. I could go on and on. Alot have talked about job creation from the scheme, but is everyone a trainned automobile engineer, how many jobs have been envisioned that the scheme will create viz-a-viz the numbers it will destroy? As an economist i should jump at the policy but my problem with Nigerian policie is also about implementation and sustainability...on a final note is as much as corruption is still allowed to freely roam in Nigeria, there is hardly any policy that will work no matter how laudable it may seem. We are too wasteful as a nation and i am yet to see a leader in Nigeria with a passion for a better Nigeria. It really breaks my heart to see graduates roam the street having spent a greater portion of their lives studying with the hope of a better tomorrow. Why do people think our leaders are to blame? There is only one answer, its because they are the managers of our economic resources and how well they manage it have its tool on you and i...I can only pray and hope for a better Nigeria..
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by millhouse: 8:27am On Oct 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: solomon, shey u now see say not all Solomon are wise?

When u banned a car with a moderate price for the common man and start assembling one sold for millions!

Dem tell u and ur mumu president say na everyone dey work for oil company, multinationals, or na all of us dey do bank robbery, abi we be politician or businessman like dangotte with the hand of govt?

And worst still, no credible credit system facility undecided

Even for abroad sef, dem get used car!

U and ur president are moronic in nature and without foresight!

Why una no come dey assemble rolls royce? Abi Cadillac?

your mom should have given your dad a Mouth Action
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Boss13: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2013
I will continue to salute the expertise of the trade minister Agagu. He is truly working and passionate about the success of Nigeria. Yet he speaks little about what he is doing.

What a gentleman indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by banki(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2013
in Nigeria the most affordable brand new vehicles are about1.8million -3million, kia picanto and Hyundai getz and other cars within their range hover around 1.8m, even the cheapest Nissan brand "sunny" is 2.5m
interest rates from any bank in Nigeria is between 19%-24% remember how "easy" it is to obtain a bank loan in Nigeria all of a sudden the government is trying to discourage the importation of new cars? so we can start driving brand new cars.....I must say this is very "intelligent" its obvious that they want to encourage us to start stealing.....

Just incase the average cost of a "self contained" apartment to rent in Abuja is between 350k-600k, I didn't say 1bed room apartment oh, most times one should also buy a generator, I would still pay some crazy amount to frsc to register the new car, one would still insure the car, buy food at exhorbitant amount, pay for low quality education, pay for expensive food, and pay for everything at a higher amount....pay for boreholes, pay for security....on a minimum wage of 18k

why do I have a feeling this government and its core supporters don't live in Nigeria?
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by stexsy(m): 8:40am On Oct 10, 2013
luvinhubby: I`m proud to have Goodluck Jonathan as my head of state, humble, unassuming, maligned yet making great strides in achievement. I`m glad I did not waste my vote in 2011 and will not do so in 2015.
FRONT PAGE PLS !!
he is not 'head of state but president', take note
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by lawbabs: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2013
2ndOGA: Hmm, Scrambling for positions ahead of the "proposed" Used car import ban innit?

It is well.

I would rather say, they are part of the business guys that influenced that proposed policy on imported cars...
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by walexy14(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2013
" Group have signed a preliminary agreement to start vehicle assembly in Nigeria " Not that they have start Assembly oh!!!!!
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Boss13: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2013
@ dutchstar you are funny. You are worried about clearing agent that may lose their jobs. Well the policy will not stop importation of fairly used cars but may discourage buyers from buying fairly used cars due to price hike as a result of increase import duties/tariff

How about jobs that will be created from the establishment of the assembly plants. The overall effect of this plant to the economy will be great. Plus the fact that people would be encouraged to drive brand new car. You cannot compare a brand new car to a tokunbo.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by solidman59(m): 8:47am On Oct 10, 2013
*556#:

Why SS/SE? Oh i get it, you ibo parasites can't live on your own without SS? Shameless low lifers.
Yore a goat for saying that. Low lifers my foot. Are igbos feeding frm your father's stinking house? Monkey. Instead of you to comment on the topic you're busy saying nonsense. You're a waste.

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by solidman59(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2013
*556#:

Why SS/SE? Oh i get it, you ibo parasites can't live on your own without SS? Shameless low lifers.
You're a goat for saying that. Low lifers my foot. Are igbos feeding frm your father's stinking house? Monkey. Instead of you to comment on the topic you're busy saying nonsense. You're a waste.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 8:51am On Oct 10, 2013
stexsy: he is not 'head of state but president', take note

He is the Head of State. The President is the Head of State of Nigeria.

He is the President, Head of State and Commander in Chief of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by victorv12(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2013
The Vaswani brothers looted Nigeria over 6 Trillion Naira...they own the Stallion group of companies. I thought Obasanjo's government sent them packing?! Those brothers really dealt with Nigeria, and they're coming with another business idea to milk our system dry by setting up a car factory in our country. Our government is so funny...It's a welcome idea anyway. Nigeria business men should wakeup! Their belongings are being giving to foreign business men with better business acumens. Nigeria business men should not limit themselves to building of hotels and houses alone, our country is a virgin land, this is the time for us to explore. We should all forget about the oil and gas business. I will be glad to see a Nigeria business man bringing Samsung, Toyota, Honda and some other big companies to establish their assembling factories in Nigeria, where our people can borrow their technology and diversify the country from making money from oil and gas alone. Our president should wake up! We can't develop the country with less than 5000 megawatts of electricity!

1 Like

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Ayekotoo(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2013
ketoprofen:
Stop mentioning marijuana outlets masquerading as companies.
Check out the CEOs of these outlets and u have drug barons and oil thieves.
Leeches

Hahaha! your yansh is open. diverting ...........

2 Likes

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by everyday: 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
When they start assembling these vehicles.Will I be able to buy a brand new car for 700k
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by naptu2: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2013
This is a challenge to the existing car plants - Innoson, PAN, Steyr, Leyland, etc. Let's see how they respond.

I'll also like to see indigenous armoured car manufacturers (Proforce, OSV and even Dicon) diversifying into the passenger car business.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2013
Lmao, Lagos is no man's land abi?Yet the only festival recognised by Lagos State is a Yoruba Festival and Yorubas will continue to rule the state. Keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by solomon111(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2013
whitecat007: Good one Fashola!
Eko oni baje!
Yoruba has done it again
fashola ko,Tinubu ni.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by mandarin: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2013
Originalsly: Why is this a good move?...good for Nigeria or good for Nissan? Why don't we ever hear the details of the plans? ...or we just don't care because we would have bragging rights? Can somebody explain how this would benefit Nigeria? Instead of nursing our own baby Innoson...here we are bringing in veteran Nissan. How can Innoson compete? Any good government would try to develop its local industry...not discourage it by importing competition....yet we wonder why India and others are so far ahead. Did India allow foreign auto manufacturers? Yes they did. Under what conditions? Mercedes Benz....e.g...20 year licence...first 5 years all product to be exported/15%staff locals. Next 5yrs...10% of product local sale40% staff local..20% management locals etc...incremental take over. Yesterday Walmart backed out of opening stores in India because of similar policy...they have to sell.x percent of local produce etc. That is development...not to open your doors to be exploited and that is exactly what Nissan is doing. Is that something to clap about? What have we learned from Shell and all ths other foreign companies? Please...open your eyes and allow me to shut my trap.

I embrace your thinking but please also know that competition drives innovation. TATA is not the only brand in India but my fear is the government should be nice enough to ensure at least four other companies are on ground befor importation of Tokunbo is enforced.Why? the stoppage of importation of cement gave Dangote unfair advantage and monopolise the sector.If we have had a couple of companies say like five doing the same thing maybe cement should be selling like 800 naira a bag today. Innoson should be made to assemble cars for government agencies and car loans in force can be through such patronage.
Giving only one company any unfair advantage kills the coming generation and no country had done such succeesfully and developed the same way as obtained in first world.
This idea is a good one taken that Nigerians wont be ripped off as presently done with the Dangote Group (as such it appears to me as prices of cement in Nigeria is three times that of international market which means Nigerians spend more money building than any country in the world!) I d not subscribe to building billionaires that milk the populace in the name of building local industries for whose benefits should these things be? Is it to develop Nigeria or to enslave our pockets? This must be made clear.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Dblack: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2013
cowleg:

I beg your pardon, NNEWI in ANAMBRA STATE is the foremosts JAPAN of Africa.
Why are we queueing up to anwser japan or taiwan or dubai. Smh, we should be looking at times when nigeria will be used as reference
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by double3(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2013
banki:

in Nigeria the most affordable brand new vehicles are about1.8million -3million, kia picanto and Hyundai getz and other cars within their range hover around 1.8m, even the cheapest Nissan brand "sunny" is 2.5m
interest rates from any bank in Nigeria is between 19%-24% remember how "easy" it is to obtain a bank loan in Nigeria all of a sudden the government is trying to discourage the importation of new cars? so we can start driving brand new cars.....I must say this is very "intelligent" its obvious that they want to encourage us to start stealing.....

Just incase the average cost of a "self contained" apartment to rent in Abuja is between 350k-600k, I didn't say 1bed room apartment oh, most times one should also buy a generator, I would still pay some crazy amount to frsc to register the new car, one would still insure the car, buy food at exhorbitant amount, pay for low quality education, pay for expensive food, and pay for everything at a higher amount....pay for boreholes, pay for security....on a minimum wage of 18k

why do I have a feeling this government and its core supporters don't live in Nigeria?
Makes lots of sense,but let's see how it goes;maybe the government would subsidize the price of the cars.... Most times I wonder if the government just draft a plan without thinking it through,many Nigerians can't afford a brand new car with the current price which they are been sold,here alone on nairaland if you visit the car section,how many people ask or orders for brand new vehicles??(Less than 10%). So I wonder how theses assembly plants would break even when the demand is not available due to high cost. This can lead to two possibilities; either the law of demand(low) and supply(high) would force a reduction in price or total liquidation of the plant(because they can't break even).. I hope the 1st instance would be the case.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by solomon111(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2013
Like someone said before,the ban which will be later in the future will affect only foreign made used cars.
Those foreign made used cars will be replaced with Nigerian-made used cars.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by phantom(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2013
lobell: This is a good move by the FG or whoever is responsible for it. But, I see them making the same mistakes they made with the French when PAN was established.
The problem with this sort of arrangement is that there is no technology transfer from the manufacturers who have the technical know-how to the country where they are hoping to make profits. And I see this happening in a lot of African countries.
My take is that they should not just come and establish assembly plants but they should build manufacturing plants where down to the last nut is made in Nigeria. That way, the factory workers/technicians pick up skills they can use to further develop the country if/when they leave these companies for indigenous ones in the future. PAN was established around the same time with a similar company in India by the same Peugeot of France, but Indians being smarter than we are/were insisted that everything must be made in India...several years down the road there was transfer of technology and today India makes their own cars. Another story I cant elaborate on is how the Chinese phone manufacturers got the technological know-how from the westerners and added their own innovations making the originals look bad. They have been and are still selling 'chinko' phones with crazy configurations which we all rush to buy - Threads about Tecno phones has been front page these past weeks)
Until we wake up and ask for 'the bread' from these companies and not just 'crumbs' in exchange for the billions of dollars they stand to reap, then we have a very long way to go in terms of development.
My two kobos worth!
god bless you.this is one of the best comments i ve read here.the post before yours was also good.i dont know why our government do not think things through before they make policies.a country experiences true growth when its people run its economy.you are trying to discourage capital flight, when all youve done is just SHORTEN THE DISTANCE our capital has to fly.smh
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2013
This would create employment for our youth
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by viktuur(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2013
Fresh Air only when you SKYDIVE for naija o, The Higher you go the fresher the Air!
https://www.nairaland.com/1451084/pictures-nairalander-skydiving/3#18487829

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? / Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.