Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal (20169 Views)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by manny4life(m): 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Geez, that's extremely expensive angry angry angry
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by jpphilips(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Boss13: @ dutchstar you are funny. You are worried about clearing agent that may lose their jobs. Well the policy will not stop importation of fairly used cars but may discourage buyers from buying fairly used cars due to price hike as a result of increase import duties/tariff

How about jobs that will be created from the establishment of the assembly plants. The overall effect of this plant to the economy will be great. Plus the fact that people would be encouraged to drive brand new car. You cannot compare a brand new car to a tokunbo.

price hike will encourage few imports and will translate to clearing agents losing jobs, an Auto plant with 20,000 units annually cannot hire more than 1,000 people, so what is the wisdom in the policy? also you will hear that 980 staff of that company are contract staff meaning;
under paid and misery, so where is the wisdom? thanks to no good labor law and unprecedented corruption.

please don't tell me about indirect jobs, yes, there are indirect jobs in manufacture but they are inconsequential in assembly, if in doubt, how many indirect jobs is PAN creating in Kaduna?
we are talking about people employed by companies that service or supply to them.
In assembly, every thing down to bolts and nuts are sourced abroad and you just have people putting them together, is it what you prefer to the bee hive of activities in NPA and importers doing Tokunbo buisness?

and don't tell me about local content because the oil industry which started it isn't faring any better with it.
like i have said without fear of contradiction, Aganga or whatever his name is, has run out of ideas, study your environment, know what people need before making clueless policies.

Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by jpphilips(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
experience16: [/color]
Thank u for explaining the motive behind this concept to them. It is not about can will afford this new cars but creating employment for the jobless graduates roaming the streets and reducing crime rate.

[color=#000099]unfortunately, a car assembly plant operating in a Nigerian economy will not do that for you, so quit dreaming.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by jpphilips(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Omooba77:

In America too the car note is over a period of time. Also assembling cars in Nigeria provides employment for skilled and unskilled labours; not to talk of allied opportunities like haulage of raw materials.....To me it is a very good thing if it is rightly followed. How many people can pay out rightly for a car even in America?

learn to read properly, stallion/Nissan are not coming to manufacture, they are coming to assemble so where does raw materials fall in?
in our business climate, you wont like the jobs that is gonna come out from that plant, trust me.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by LordGhandalf(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

Stallion motors have been in Nigeria for how many years now. Do you know anybody that has bought a brand new car from them?

Brand new cars are not cheap anywhere in the world and most countries have a credit system which Nigeria doesn't have.

The policy is stupid.

Gbam
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by RoadLord: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Imagine 24-hour power generation in Nigeria.

The solution is simple; FIX POWER

Power is the foundation. No assembling or manufaturing plant can give optimal value without power.

With power, things begin to happen.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by kingjohnny(m): 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Jobs jobs ...
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Mr. ignorant, I never knew Tantalizers, Tastee fried chicken, Finecoat, Portland paint, Chicken republic, Mamacass, Sweetsensation, okomuoil etc are foreigner-owned companies. because SW don't go boasting about their businesses doesn't mean we don't have. you heard?

Ayekotoo:

hardly find any yoruba company producing candle? is this a joke or what? Honeywell, Oyin holdings, Yale foods, Tuyil pharmacy, Eleganza etc are not ringing in your ears all this while?

please spare me that bullshiit talk. all those companies are owned by foreigners with yoruba shareholders.... they do not belong to yorubas....as for the eateries, they are franchise businesses and not brands that were built from the scratch by yorubas.
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
Does anyone have a timing plan with clear dates on when Nissan or Stallion will roll out the 1st car next year?

I will love to keep track so that when that time comes we can ask Olusegun Aganga and Jonathan Goodluck how far?
Re: Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal by tgbaba(m): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
A-ZeD:

Stallion motors have been in Nigeria for how many years now. Do you know anybody that has bought a brand new car from them?

Brand new cars are not cheap anywhere in the world and most countries have a credit system which Nigeria doesn't have.

The policy is stupid.

Adaraa fun e, wa she orire, inu re a dun. Efi awon omugo sile. I don't knw hw many ppl can afford to buy new car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? / Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.