Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked (25803 Views)

I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / BVN - Has Your Account Been Frozen? / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Olutola88(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
I went to an ATM post this afternoon to make a withdrawal, only for me to be told that transaction was invalid and that I should contact my Bank. I tried about 5 other machines and I got the same response. I went straight to the main branch and I was told that my account has been blocked. For hours, the customer care representative couldn't do anything about it. This is the issue, I know the person behind the whole thing, the person didn't want me to make payments for a particular transaction and tried to block my account using his influence forgetting the fact that I'm an adult and I know what is good for me. My question is, what and what can make a Bank account to be frozen( legally/ professionally) cos I'm looking forward to filing a case in court against the commercial Bank in question and see if I could be compensated cos I have lost a lot due to the freezing of my account. I'm seriously in need of incisive responses/ advice 4rm nairalanders. Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by DeanOlamide(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Olutola88: I went to an ATM post this afternoon to make a withdrawal, only for me to be told that transaction was invalid and that I should contact my Bank. I tried about 5 other machines and I got the same response. I went straight to the main branch and I was told that my account has been blocked. For hours, the customer care representative couldn't do anything about it. This is the issue, I know the person behind the whole thing, the person didn't want me to make payments for a particular transaction and tried to block my account using his influence forgetting the fact that I'm an adult and I know what is good for me. My question is, what and what can make a Bank account to be frozen( legally/ professionally) cos I'm looking forward to filing a case in court against the commercial Bank in question and see if I could be compensated cos I have lost a lot due to the freezing of my account. I'm seriously in need of incisive responses/ advice 4rm nairalanders. Thanks, God bless you.

Sensitive Issue Here And Caution Should Be taken.. The Person who froze Ur account, who is he or She To U? 2. What kind of Dealings are u into?

I knoW why I ask, if we know what u are into and who the person is then we know what to say...

Like I said to me is a sensitive issu cos a bank can never froze ur account like dt cos smone said so except u r into smthinG unspeakable Or smthing is wrong smwhere...

This is a case if seen as one that I can give u hint on how to finish two person without blinking if u are Found clean on ur own part.

The Person who order ur account frozen can surffer for it

The Bank will pay a seriouS damage with this singular act....

You tell me. Well let me let u know that itS a lawyer u are talking to and don't need u fear cos from a distance I can tell u how to deal with d two pArties involved if u are clean like I said and if u are not, u might be EXPOSING Urself....

If its convinient to talk here go ahead if not drop ur number so we talk thru which ever means dt pleases U....

1 Like

Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Olutola88(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Dean Olamide:

Sensitive Issue Here And Caution Should Be taken.. The Person who froze Ur account, who is he or She To U? 2. What kind of Dealings are u into?

I knoW why I ask, if we know what u are into and who the person is then we know what to say...

Like I said to me is a sensitive issu cos a bank can never froze ur account like dt cos smone said so except u r into smthinG unspeakable Or smthing is wrong smwhere...

This is a case if seen as one that I can give u hint on how to finish two person without blinking if u are Found clean on ur own part.

The Person who order ur account frozen can surffer for it

The Bank will pay a seriouS damage with this singular act....

You tell me. Well let me let u know that itS a lawyer u are talking to and don't need u fear cos from a distance I can tell u how to deal with d two pArties involved if u are clean like I said and if u are not, u might be EXPOSING Urself....

If its convinient to talk here go ahead if not drop ur number so we talk thru which ever means dt pleases U....
Thanks for your contribution. I'm very very clean. I've never done any illegal transaction in my entire life and I will never do. That's the more reason I feel I have a genuine case. The person that ordered to freeze my account isn't a staff of the bank in question but I think he has an insider that carried out the task. I don't have any business with the person that carried out the task, it's the bank that I want to face and if the court's decision infuriates the bank and the penalizes the staff that carried out the freezing task, then he has himself to blame.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
Account can only be Frozen in the bank on an alleged case of Fraud, suspicion of fraud or wrong credit to an account. However, if you know none of the reasons did not happen in your account, you have a good case with the bank. Go to the head office of your bank and make a formal report to them. You can even go as far as suing them.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by DeanOlamide(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
topefisayo: Account can only be Frozen in the bank on an alleged case of Fraud, suspicion of fraud or wrong credit to an account. However, if you know none of the reasons did not happen in your account, you have a good case with the bank. Go to the head office of your bank and make a formal report to them. You can even go as far as suing them.

@Topefisayo well done sir, that is why I said if he is clean and like he said... My brother go straight to ur bank to get whoever tempered with the account... For me if I get to know the person, trust me at first sight I will give him a quick reset u knw what I mean? I Dirty straight SLAPS...

After then, take up a good case with the bank and the person who orchestrated the move and don't forget to ask them if is their Father who owns the account they froze and trust me... Go ahead and demand for A Good Compensation and stop banking with them.... Seriously if I am the one, they will beg for the bank and the person who freeze my account....

If u are clean, U have a case up there, give them a good fight cos ur right has been violated and demand a redress... As am talking to u now I am dealing with a bank @ the moment and goodnews is they will pay for all of my damages and inconviniencies....

Give them a good fight and let me hear it out here.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Olutola88(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
Dean Olamide:

@Topefisayo well done sir, that is why I said if he is clean and like he said... My brother go straight to ur bank to get whoever tempered with the account... For me if I get to know the person, trust me at first sight I will give him a quick reset u knw what I mean? I Dirty straight SLAPS...

After then, take up a good case with the bank and the person who orchestrated the move and don't forget to ask them if is their Father who owns the account they froze and trust me... Go ahead and demand for A Good Compensation and stop banking with them.... Seriously if I am the one, they will beg for the bank and the person who freeze my account....

If u are clean, U have a case up there, give them a good fight cos ur right has been violated and demand a redress... As am talking to u now I am dealing with a bank @ the moment and goodnews is they will pay for all of my damages and inconviniencies....

Give them a good fight and let me hear it out here.
thank you very much o! That's exactly my plan but I just decided to seek more experienced people's consent so that I won't look like a fool at the end of the day. Now, the freezing has affected the main transaction that led to the whole freezing or no freezing, it has also affected other smaller transactions, in fact it has affected my integrity because I was suppose to pay some people some amount of money for some services they rendered me. After all my promises and confident talks that give me just 15 minutes, I'll get to the bank and pay you all I owe you. Only for me to get to the bank and realize I cannot withdraw even one naira. So sad!
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hope it is not the bank where i work?
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by DeanOlamide(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Olutola88: thank you very much o! That's exactly my plan but I just decided to seek more experienced people's consent so that I won't look like a fool at the end of the day. Now, the freezing has affected the main transaction that led to the whole freezing or no freezing, it has also affected other smaller transactions, in fact it has affected my integrity because I was suppose to pay some people some amount of money for some services they rendered me. After all my promises and confident talks that give me just 15 minutes, I'll get to the bank and pay you all I owe you. Only for me to get to the bank and realize I cannot withdraw even one naira. So sad!

Go And Give Them A Good Fight And If u resides Close to the state I am... I will definitely hear and come join u with it and infact I will be most likely to help deal with that God forsaken bank..... I am in Delta for the nxt.3mnths.. My Dear go and fight them hard, guess my colleague is interested in this kind of non-pay and respect attach case... These banks these day ehn... My dear go and get them deal with and make sure u collect all of ur damages from them.. If they refuse press further and trust me no bank will like that... @ Fisayo u knw what am talking about.... So bro go get them treated u are not a fool in doing that.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by DeanOlamide(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=topefisayo]Hope it is not the bank where i work?[/quote

U can't fight it cos u are not the owner, just watch out
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by mosun35: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
Well, I wld advice u to do ur homework properly or else u might just b fighting a loss battle. Fraud, or suspicion of fraud aren't d reasons why accounts are frozen. Incomplete documentations or refusal on ur part knowinly or unknowinly to update ur acct might also b 1 of d reasons accts are frozen.
The person dat u feel is behind d freezing of your acct might ask d staff to freeze ur acct but d bank wld b so foolish to do so witout other reasons. Moreover, a staff cannot freeze an acount witout authorization by anoder senior staff. Well I will advise you to do ur homework properly before taking further action.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Olutola88(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
mosun35: Well, I wld advice u to do ur homework properly or else u might just b fighting a loss battle. Fraud, or suspicion of fraud aren't d reasons why accounts are frozen. Incomplete documentations or refusal on ur part knowinly or unknowinly to update ur acct might also b 1 of d reasons accts are frozen.
The person dat u feel is behind d freezing of your acct might ask d staff to freeze ur acct but d bank wld b so foolish to do so witout other reasons. Moreover, a staff cannot freeze an acount witout authorization by anoder senior staff. Well I will advise you to do ur homework properly before taking further action.
thanks 4 ur contribution. I don't think I av much 2 do as regard my assignment. 1. My hands are clean 2. I don't think the bank will have anything against me 3. I feel freezing a customer's account should something very sensitive and shouldn't just be done anyhow( do they think all customers are unaware of their rights?). In conclusion, I think I won't lose out on dis. The only thing I'm sensing is that I might be asked 2 present an evidence that my account was frozen at one point or the other. Thanks
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by mosun35: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2013
Olutola88: thanks 4 ur contribution. I don't think I av much 2 do as regard my assignment. 1. My hands are clean 2. I don't think the bank will have anything against me 3. I feel freezing a customer's account should something very sensitive and shouldn't just be done anyhow( do they think all customers are unaware of their rights?). In conclusion, I think I won't lose out on dis. The only thing I'm sensing is that I might be asked 2 present an evidence that my account was frozen at one point or the other. Thanks
urwc. If dat b d case, u can write a letter of complaint addressed to the branch manager nd get an acknowleged copy frm the branch nd if after 48 hrs u didn't get a response as regards the letter, u can write them a reminder nd copy the head office nd if after a reasonable time nothing is done, then u can take it up legally but I believe the issue wld ve been resolved by the bank before it gets to the court. Do not mind d pple asking u to sue the bank just like that, u ve to give evidence dat u ve made efforts to resolve d issue and ve given d bank ample opportunity to right the wrong done to u or at least show dat u ve called their attention to a wrong done to u or else d case might b dismissed for lack of evidence. Cheers.
Re: Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked by Olutola88(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2013
mosun35: urwc. If dat b d case, u can write a letter of complaint addressed to the branch manager nd get an acknowleged copy frm the branch nd if after 48 hrs u didn't get a response as regards the letter, u can write them a reminder nd copy the head office nd if after a reasonable time nothing is done, then u can take it up legally but I believe the issue wld ve been resolved by the bank before it gets to the court. Do not mind d pple asking u to sue the bank just like that, u ve to give evidence dat u ve made efforts to resolve d issue and ve given d bank ample opportunity to right the wrong done to u or at least show dat u ve called their attention to a wrong done to u or else d case might b dismissed for lack of evidence. Cheers.
thanks a million. I know the bank will definitely do something about it but I want them to pay for the action. Even if they do something about it as early as this morning, I still want them to pay for the action. How can I get them to pay for this? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan / Christmas: Excitement In Cross River As 'abakaliki Rice' Sells For N14,500 / We Are Still Receiving Old Notes - EcoBank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.