Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy (17491 Views)

Does Andrew's Liver Salt Prevent Pregnancy? / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by sexymoma(f): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
And some women would give birth to 12 children shocked

God Have Mercy
God Bless Our Punnies grin
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by crusufixo(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
That Episiotomy of a thing is not what I wish women at all. Unfortunately, I was right there in the labour room as the doctor did the Episiotomy to my wife. You just cannot imagine what went true my mind immedately the doctor did it. It waz nasty, had to lie to my wife that it was notin at that point in time. It took time before she healed. All i can say is God Bless you women and men, please respect your mother and wife.....

2 Likes

Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by leemahshel: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
God is involve in all pregnancy stages. help us baba God.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Amhappy(f): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks ops for information is power but you didnt put ways to prevent these. More reasons for to keep a positive attitude and pray often for pregnant women.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by crackhaus: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Oh my, I think I just had an epiphany...I realized I now have much more respect for women who have gone through childbirth and still came out looking sexy and attractive at the end.

Last Point
Ladies, please take special care of your health and body during pregnancy to avoid most if not all of these nasty complications...
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by smokeydrinky: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
God pls protect your own o.
the prolapse thingy is the worst
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by tjskii(f): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
Na wa,na placenta previa do me during my time,had to av a CS,now iv decided to put a fullstop to "borning" pikin,no way am I going thru an operation again tongue,and to think I used to wish for 5kids wen I was younger(smh,I no sabi anytin den)
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by emmabest2000(m): 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Not our portion
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by crackhaus: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
crusufixo:

That Episiotomy of a thing is not what I wish women at all. Unfortunately, I was right there in the labour room as the doctor did the Episiotomy to my wife. You just cannot imagine what went true my mind immedately the doctor did it. It waz nasty, had to lie to my wife that it was notin at that point in time. It took time before she healed. All i can say is God Bless you women and men, please respect your mother and wife.....
I can imagine...I've had two friends and a baby aunty of mine who had the procedure done. Quite interestingly though, the procedure is done on almost 70% of all first-time mothers and the healing process is expedient if the woman or her mother-in-law knows how to take care of the sutures (gently cleaning and wiping with mildly warm water). It is painful though, that much I could tell from the cries I heard from my baby aunty in the recovery room.

Last Point
Ladies, please try to have as much sex as you can before getting pregnant. That way, your birth canal will be more elastic and thus be able to widen up and accomodate a healthy baby without needing an epistiotomy.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Joshthefirst(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ishilove: Which kind demonic post is this? My mother and ancestors didn't have all these you have mentioned so it will never happen to me and my own, l'agbara Olorun!! angry
amin oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
embarassedOh my and to think that i want four kids hmmm.
Respect to my mama and all the mothers out there it isn't easy to carry another life inside of you for 9 months. God bless all the mothers and women out there and grant the expectant mothers a safe delivery.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Oluwaseytiano(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Leopantro: 3 Pregnancy Mask
Melasma, also known as the “pregnancy mask,” happens when an increase in estrogen and progesterone throw your melanin receptors into overdrive, causing hyperpigmentation. The result is dark, splotchy patches on your body and face, most commonly on the cheeks and forehead. Because your body decided that all the weight gain and swelling just weren’t leaving you feeling ugly enough already.

2 Episiotomy

Another controversial procedure is episiotomy, which is a nice way of saying “slicing your hoo-ha open.” In an emergency situation where the baby must be delivered quickly, or if your bundle of joy was blessed with the Fat Baby Syndrome mentioned earlier, your doctor may make an incision extending from the vagina toward the anus to widen the birth canal and prevent tearing. As horrifying as the procedure is by itself, recovery is even worse, making simple actions like sitting or standing excruciating for the busy new mother.

1 Rectal And Genitourinary Prolapse

All that pushing can wreak havoc on the surrounding organs. The weakening of ligaments and muscles caused by the strain of labor can bring on two fun conditions called rectal prolapse and genitourinary prolapse. It’s pretty easy to figure out what that entails if you know what “prolapse” means, but in case you don’t, it’s when your colon or uterus basically turns itself inside-out, making an unwelcome appearance outside the anus or vagina. It can be treated with surgery, but that may not be much comfort for the 1 percent of people, mostly women, affected by colon prolapse and the estimated 50 percent of all mothers who will be affected by some degree of genitourinary prolapse.

listverse.com/2013/10/09/10-horrifying-things-that-can-happen-in-pregnancy-and-childbirth/
nice to see a fellow list verser
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Tinkybabe(f): 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Leopantro:

9 Hot Tubs Can Cook Your Baby’s Brain

Relaxing in a hot tub during pregnancy can cause major complications for the fetus. Raising your body temperature as little as four degrees (which can happen by spending even 10 minutes soaking in a hot tub) triples the risk of the fetus developing horrifying conditions like spina bifida and other neurological birth defects. The risk is greatest during the first four to six weeks of pregnancy, a time when many women don’t even know they’re pregnant.

This is the scariest. shocked
May God help us
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by irebombo: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
I went through it during my first pregnancy its really scary indeed, i was at luth for 4wks then gave birth to the baby she weigh 990gram stayed in neonatal for another 2months before God intervane but i thank God today shes a big girl now.
My blood pressure then would go as high as 190/120.
Those doctors in luth are one of the best till today when people talk bad about medical in nigeria i tell them is not as bad as they make it to be.
Lagusta: The open forgot to mention pre-ecclampsia, a life threatening condition characterized by severe hypertension and proteinuria, in a previously normotensive patient....

The Hallmark is ecclampsia, which adds generalized tonic-clonic seizures to the scenario!!!!

Drugs may suppress the blood pressure, but an immediate caesarean section is mandatory once the patient becomes ecclamptic......

Pretty scary..... embarassed
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by jjagz: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
The list isn't anywhere near all that can happen. Ladies don't be scared however, cause these things happen rarely. And even if they do happen, with proper healthcare, all iz well
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by akejujoe(f): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
So all these complications can occur during pregnancy?I'm in my first trimester and its my first baby. All this stuff can make one get worried
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
Why is pregnancy thread making front page today?

Im suspecting ASUU
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Beync(f): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
Now this is scary
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by dominique(f): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2013
akejujoe: So all these complications can occur during pregnancy?I'm in my first trimester and its my first baby. All this stuff can make one get worried

You have nothing to worry about dear. As long as you get proper antenatal care and take proper precautionary measures, you'll be fine. Wishing you safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by Donchinex(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2013
Click like if u didnt read everything. undecided
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by leonard509(m): 9:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Sweet mother. .i no go forget you. .for this suffer wey you suffer for me yeh yeh (x2)
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by ddeola: 10:16am On Oct 11, 2013
God bless mothers!
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by SenatorJames(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
ebamma: should i comment?

You dont have to comment because we are not talking about sex here but medical.

@topic. May God bless all serious manded women, planning to have a happy home, lovely husband and glorious children
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by akejujoe(f): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
dominique:

You have nothing to worry about dear. As long as you get proper antenatal care and take proper precautionary measures, you'll be fine. Wishing you safe delivery.

Thanks dominique for your advice. Much appreciated
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by ewizard1: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
ddeola: God bless mothers!
[size=18pt] waa gbayiii ! [/size]
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by makahlj2: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
sexymoma: And some women would give birth to 12 children shocked

God Have Mercy
God Bless Our Punnies grin
All this is your punishment from God for eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. God has commanded the daughters of Eve to bear children in pain, till the end of time.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by ladyju(f): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
A lot happened to me during my last pregnancy. Gestational diabetes, my BP was so high. My baby poop in d womb too. I suffered, my baby suffered too. Thank God we are alive and well now... it wasn't easy. I've hung my booth.
Re: Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy by jbblues24(m): 2:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's radiant, friend. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Is Nigeria’s Drug Abuse Hot Spot- NDLEA / Ultrasound Scan Machine Printer For Sale In Lagos / US Approves First Gene Therapies To Treat Sickle Cell Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.