Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' (3543 Views)

The Original Hebrews Are Black Africans From Ancient Egypt / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by wawaboy1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
London (PRWEB UK) 8 October 2013

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

Atwill's most intriguing discovery came to him while he was studying "Wars of the Jews" by Josephus [the only surviving first-person historical account of first-century Judea] alongside the New Testament. "I started to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts," he recounts. "Although it's been recognised by Christian scholars for centuries that the prophesies of Jesus appear to be fulfilled by what Josephus wrote about in the First Jewish-Roman war, I was seeing dozens more. What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus. This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern. The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar."

How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have recognised the literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from. Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book "Jesus Never Existed."

Further information can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com.

About Joseph Atwill: Joseph Atwill is the author of the best-selling book "Caesar's Messiah" and its upcoming sequel "The Single Strand."
http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by wawaboy1(m): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
ANTICHRIST? ETT
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by ammyluv2002(f): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
God, why are you this merciful?
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Qsscruz(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Do i need to read the write up when i know that it won't change my belief..The world is full of different people with different ideologies so it's our choice choose which to believe..
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by superior1: 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Pet. 1:16).

If nothing else, Jesus Christ is an eternity insurance to me and basal common sense. If He doesn't exist, I have got nothing to lose unless you consider not sleeping with as many girls as available, partying etc as a lost ( infact all these abstinence are economic gains) and if truly He exist and who He claimed to be, I have all to gain, so it is a WIN-WIN to me.

Now, what is going to be your own fate, if He actually lives and He is who the bible claimed He is?

It is just common sense but then very few are blessed with that

[size=14pt] The [empty-headed] fool has said in his heart, There is no God[/size]. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right. Psalm 14:1-7 Amplified Bible (AMP)

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Themind: 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
If the so called fabricated Jesus hears me when I call on Him,heals me and does unexplainable miracles in my life, then I will rather stick to Him. Take this whole world and give me the One Jesus Christ I will be contented.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Chai! There is nothing these people will not do or say to try and discredit the message.

BUT IT'S REALITY IS ALREADY ASSURED TILL ETERNITY

...Upon this rock, I will build my church; and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.
-Jesus Christ(Son of God. Dead 3 days. Raised from the dead, alive till date, and forevermore)

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by InesQor(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from.

But na who dey find permission before? Christians are not in bondage.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Delafruita(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
superior1: "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Pet. 1:16).
what do you call been in the belly of a fish for 3days?a cunningly devised fable?how about the red sea parting for folks to walk through?

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by plaetton: 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pope Leo V, 13th or 14th century head of the Catholic church did once remark :

"This Myth of Christ has been very profitable for us"

The fraud has been unraveling for a long time now.
This new development, if it is concrete, will only help bury it for all time.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Rendition(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
May God forgive him for he knows not wat he says, who am I 2 worry or judge him abt dis, even wen Israelis deny Christ....father forgive them all
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Judek2(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
So, Peter, Paul, and all the letters from Paul to the early churches and events were invented?

The belief in the Torah and the accurate stories in the injil that fall in line with the prophesy were all invented?

This book that surpasses all books in the world, a book that teaches life itself, such a book that commands great powers, controls the rulers of the world, and puts fear on those that abuse it.. This book that created a name that trembles the world,

The inventors, be them Spirits or humans, I'm ready to follow everything they say..

Atheists and Satanists at work..

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by JustGuy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
ammyluv2002: God, why are you this merciful?
Becos He will judge them!!!! See?
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Though i'm not a follower of the religion of the hebrew war god, but Josephus writings shows a man like that existed which in hs writing he mentioned "James brother of Jesus The One Called The Christ" but what i can't confirm is either the picture painted in the christian bible in which most human attributes of this character(jesus) has been repressed represents his real person or not, but again let us wait for what his findings.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Delafruita(m): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Judek2: So, Peter, Paul, and all the letters from Paul to the early churches and events were invented?

The belief in the Torah and the accurate stories in the injil that fall in line with the prophesy were all invented?

This book that surpasses all books in the world, a book that teaches life itself, such a book that commands great powers, controls the rulers of the world, and puts fear on those that abuse it.. This book that created a name that trembles the world,

The inventors, be them Spirits or humans, I'm ready to follow everything they say..

Atheists and Satanists at work..
stephen king got us riveted with carnivorous cars,Dan brown weaved tales around paintings while john sanford imprinted lucas davenport into our conscious minds.they all have one thing in common,they're pure fiction.you'd be amazed at what a typewriter can churn out when at the mercy of an artistic mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Delafruita(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nolongthing1: Though i'm not a follower of the religion of the hebrew war god, but Josephus writings shows a man like that existed which in hs writing he mentioned "James brother of Jesus The One Called The Christ" but what i can't confirm is either the picture painted in the christian bible in which most human attributes of this character(jesus) has been repressed represents his real person or not, but again let us wait for what his findings.
josephus flavius antiquties was published around 93AD which is about 60years after jesus supposedly died.its rather curious that testimoniun flavanium I.e the clause you quoted wasn't discovered by anyone till eusebius shortly before the 325AD council in nicea.isn't it also curious that no single historian who lived during the same time jesus supposedly lived ever made mention of him?philo of alexander didn't mention him neither did pliny the elder who died in 66AD.even seneca didn't mention him at all.testimonium flavanium has been shown to be an interpolation
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by smoothvee(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
please just one request....take that freakin man to T.B Joshua for extensive delivery
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by andyanders: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
wawa_boy: ANTICHRIST? ETT

This sure Antichrist.If he fails to retract his statement, that day, while hosting his aurdiance, let thunder fire him there. I will read his obituary same day or next on this same forum
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by plaetton: 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nolongthing1: Though i'm not a follower of the religion of the hebrew war god, but Josephus writings shows a man like that existed which in hs writing he mentioned "James brother of Jesus The One Called The Christ" but what i can't confirm is either the picture painted in the christian bible in which most human attributes of this character(jesus) has been repressed represents his real person or not, but again let us wait for what his findings.

Josephus wrote what he had heard of the movement by hearsay. He did not mention them as a witness, but by only based the tales he had heard.

Secondly that, that statement is considered to be a spurious redaction from the father Eusabius, the well renowned father of pious fraud.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by plaetton: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
andyanders:

This sure Antichrist.If he fails to retract his statement, that day, while hosting his aurdiance, let thunder fire him there. I will read his obituary same day or next on this same forum

And if that doesn't happen?
Should we then assume that he correct?

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Joshthefirst(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
andyanders:

This sure Antichrist.If he fails to retract his statement, that day, while hosting his audience, let thunder fire him there. I will read his obituary same day or next on this same forum

grin grin
Nawa o. Which kind judgement be this??
grin grin. Chai. grin
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Joshthefirst(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
plaetton:

And if that doesn't happen?
Should we then assume that he correct?
keep making your assumptions. It won't change fact.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by InesQor(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Delafruita:

I have reliable cause to believe (I have read from theology books but it may take some effort to find my sources again. I can if I am compelled) that there were many factions of opposition units like that of Jesus and his friends. Maybe there were even some other Jewish faction / rebellion leaders called Yeshua just as well.

In either case for this reason I'm not surprised that neither Seneca nor other secular historians talked about him in his lifetime or shortly after, they could not have found his life remarkable enough to document. He was just another riff-raff leading a ragtag bunch of followers.

People got interested in Jesus long after his death when they saw how his ardent followers were going on about him. It's the way of the world.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by Judek2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
Delafruita: stephen king got us riveted with carnivorous cars,Dan brown weaved tales around paintings while john sanford imprinted lucas davenport into our conscious minds.they all have one thing in common,they're pure fiction.you'd be amazed at what a typewriter can churn out when at the mercy of an artistic mind

your mentioned fictions are just like fairly tales..

Haven't even heard of any till now..

1 Like

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jesus killed the second time.

When will African stop following this roman created fiction?
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by tobechi20(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
Devil exist,satan exist,demons exist

therefore GOD EXIST,JESUS EXIST ,ANGELS EXIST
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by ooman(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
WHY ARE THE XTIANS AFRAID?

Dont worry, it makes no difference, considering you believe in a dead, white jewish guy as your god.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by ubl6: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
I agree with all of their submissions except this one:
——————————
Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no,"
——————————
I believe the ‘Biblical Jesus’ was based on a certain ‘historical Jesus’ but most (if not all) of the Bible stories about him are fabrications!.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by InesQor(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
@ubl6

No matter how people deny the Biblical Jesus, they cannot seem to credibly erase the historicity of Yeshua ben Yosef who was an actual person that lived around 4 B.C. to 29 A.D.
Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'we Invented Jesus Christ' by ooman(m): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
InesQor: @ubl6

No matter how people deny the Biblical Jesus, they cannot seem to credibly erase the historicity of Yeshua ben Yosef who was an actual person that lived around 4 B.C. to 29 A.D.

and that guy is your savior?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / How And Why Life Began On Earth / Very Hot Prayers Against Poverty Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.