Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha (18103 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
rockbase360:

You clearly dont't have a brain so I am not even going to debate you. It will just be a complete waste of time

1)Presidents here in American dont RULE,they serve the people. But, hey I won't be surprised if that's too hard for you to understand.

2) First Amendment guarantees the freedom of speech (dont have time to explain to your igorant/slave %%%). READ UP IDIOT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

3) The constitution superceeds any &&& tradition. Permits to express your opinion is public is issued by the police "just" to guarantee the safety of lives and properties during your protect( that's all)

The days of licking the kings %%% are long and gone.

i wouldn't be surprised if your stupid, slave and idiotic self don't understand. Prove me wrong

Using bold fonts doesn't make your argument stronger. just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by oltimate: 11:27am On Oct 10, 2013
why all these comments well i will comment later
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by rockbase360: 11:27am On Oct 10, 2013
mymz:

Finally!! someone with THE God-given kind of sense.

why don't we continue to adhere to a lot of the useless customs and traditions of our forefathers? why did we stop the OSU caste system? or the killing of twins?

this is politics, and politics in present day Nigerian Democratic dispensation, NOT agwo turu mbe and ummunna community.

whether Ngige, or other "wanna-be" Anambra governorship aspirants, may the right man for the job win.

This so-called kings and chiefs are starting to constitute nuisance to the public. This idea that the king/ high chief of a region, town or village has more power and authority than an elected Governor is laughable and any idiot that thinks they do is a fool.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2013
ifyalways: Reporting live from Onitsha . . .

Truly,I was surprised to hear that Ngige organized a rally yesterday in Onitsha. Mind you,Im his ardent surpporter.
Our Ofala festival is widely announced,even a year before. All major roads(Awka road,Okosi road,Ugwunabankpa,ime ogbe nile) are shut down.
Ofala is our sacred festival and lasts for a whole week. No one is buried,married or any sort of gathering allowed within Ofala week.
Why then did Ngige fall hand ?

Was he mis-informed? Could he have been communicating with a fake palace secretary?

He has just lost some supporters yet again after yesterday's incident.I feel bad but as a titled Igwe nwanyi with complete Odu aka to boot, the gods of our land wont be happy if i vote/align with/support a man that have desecrated our land. A lot of people share same sentiment. I now fear for Ngige's candidacy but i still wish he emerges victorious come November.

As at yesterday night, titled men and women (Igwe nwanyi's,diokpa's,agbalanze,ozo,odu,nne nmo,Onowu etc)have been mandated to inform their kit and kin that anyone found voting,campaigning for Ngige would be ex-communicated. It's that bad. cry

Wow, it's that serious? He really messed up big time, a man who doesn't know doesn't know the way of his people will continue to mess up, train a child in the right way, so when he grows, he won't depart from it. Ngige desecrated the land, and his coming home to roast, no Igbo person with common sense will condone this rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by hitmanogo: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2013
pokur:
Don't u quote me to pass subtle insults ever again.I'm not one of ur fellow nl kids nor am i in ur league .
Now,since you seem to have comprehension problem let me point out but two contradictions in said apology.
For one who's brain is supposedly switched on u didn't notice the contradiction inherent in claiming they were told they could not pay a courtesy call middle of the rally (said rally held in the afternoon),Director of Campaign Organization informed them of said decision n the reason behind it Tuesday morning.
Your brain might be switched-on,but it's greatly lacking in common sense.
"To whom brain is given,sense is expected"

@fynguy at your age you believe such lies? if you can believe this you'll believe anything..... I like ngige especially with the way he dealt with chris uba, but this tym around he goofed.... the ofala has been announced a year ago and even if he had met the palace secretary as he claimed, he would have been reminded..... and why not awka why Onitsha? even if it's to be that day ..... it's just a show of power and he'll regret it. he and APC has shown their hands that they don't respect traditional institutions and they'll do more ignoble acts if they should come into power. he'll lose the election.
as for all ye Yoruba nlanders, berem ,dayokanu,gbawe and co.... you are just a bunch of mischevious nimcompoops..... I understand you, yorubas are known to be very vocal, but when it comes to the main action, they back away....

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2013

Truly,I was surprised to hear that Ngige organized a rally yesterday in Onitsha. Mind you,Im his ardent surpporter.
Our Ofala festival is widely announced,even a year before. All major roads(Awka road,Okosi road,Ugwunabankpa,ime ogbe nile) are shut down.
Ofala is our sacred festival and lasts for a whole week. No one is buried,married or any sort of gathering allowed within Ofala week.

Was he mis-informed? Could he have been communicating with a fake palace secretary?

He has just lost some supporters yet again after yesterday's incident.I feel bad but as a titled Igwe nwanyi with complete Odu aka to boot, the gods of our land wont be happy if i vote/align with/support a man that have desecrated our land. A lot of people share same sentiment. I now fear for Ngige's candidacy but i still wish he emerges victorious come November.

As at yesterday night, titled men and women (Igwe nwanyi's,diokpa's,agbalanze,ozo,odu,nne nmo,Onowu etc)have been mandated to inform their kit and kin that anyone found voting,campaigning for Ngige would be ex-communicated. It's that bad. cry
This sounds very serious. Ngige will have himself to blame if he loses this.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2013
manny4life:

Wow, it's that serious? He really messed up big time, a man who doesn't know doesn't know the way of his people will continue to mess up, train a child in the right way, so when he grows, he won't depart from it. Ngige desecrated the land, and his coming home to roast, no Igbo person with common sense will condone this rubbish.

Its more than serious. Onitsha youths right about now are boiling and have begun destruction of Ngige's posters around Onitsha. I pity the man and will advise him not to spend much on campaigns because it is already a lost course for him. Ifeanyi Ubah stands a better chance (Even though i don't like the fraudster).

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2013
bad meat: Ngige brought the APC party to onitsha during a festival like thisif the oba of Lagos is celebrating can dis kind of s*hit happenpls the igbos shuold know dat respect is earned and not given,as for Ngige don't allow him sell Anambra state to Tinubu!angry

I agree.Better to sell Anambra to Fidelity Bank.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Noblechyk: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2013
berem: I thought the Ofala festival holds only in the Igwe's Palace?

Ngige carry go jare,nothing do you! cool
Even you!
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by bestview: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
kingbang:

Its more than serious. Onitsha youths right about now are boiling and have begun destruction of Ngige's posters around Onitsha. I pity the man and will advise him not to spend much on campaigns because it is already a lost course for him. Ifeanyi Ubah stands a better chance (Even though i don't like the fraudster).

Nwanne I just hope you do not want to misyarn when you mentioned Uba's name. The only thing you could have said is that Uba has taken Ngige's position as second runner up in the election while Ngige is now at 3rd runner up position. Its that bad! Am in Awka now there is series of meetings going on here and there to ensure 100percent vote for APGA.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by obailala(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
rockbase360:

He doesn't need the permission of any dam OBI to campaign. This is not 1732. It's 2013. All he needed was a permit from the police.....Sick and tired of all these traditional rulers. They are the real problems of nigeria..
mymz:

Finally!! someone with THE God-given kind of sense.

why don't we continue to adhere to a lot of the useless customs and traditions of our forefathers? why did we stop the OSU caste system? or the killing of twins?

this is politics, and politics in present day Nigerian Democratic dispensation, NOT agwo turu mbe and ummunna community.

whether Ngige, or other "wanna-be" Anambra governorship aspirants, may the right man for the job win.
Guys, this has nothing to do with modernization, civilization or whatever and yes, we know Ngige doesn't need the permission of the Obi to campaign but where is the common sense in this??... this is politics for crying out loud.... If you guys have a slight understanding of the game called politics, you would know that in order to win, you should strive to win the hearts of as many people as you can.

In order to gather supporters, politicians have to pretend to like what their the people like; there you see Christians attending mosques and Muslims attending church gatherings. Presidential candidates organizing interview sessions with popular youth celebrities (GEJ) and even in certain cases, claiming they support gay rights (Obama). #All na wash

Now back to the main business, the Obi of Onitsha has a cult following, if a candidate angers the Obi, even if he was loved by the people, there is a tendency he would lose supporters from the Obi's followers. Even in the UK today, if a political candidate angers the queen, there is no doubt he would be losing a lot of support. Ngige and his handlers messed up big time and I advise he runs down to the Obi's palace to tender a proper apology (with appropriate homage)... The ball is in his court

5 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Cuche: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Visibly angry that despite all efforts to
discredit Ngige, that the man still enjoys
support from the people.
Why should people leave Obi's Ofala for
Ngige's Campaign?
Obiano must win the election whether they
like it or not .
A marching order to all Contractors,
Traditional rulers, Bishops: Support Obiano,
tell your people to do the same and be
rewarded.
Beginning from next week, you all are
enjoined to wait after morning mass as Obi's
representatives will be greeting the people of
Anambra across designated Churches. If you
are within Awka, make sure you don't miss
mass at St. Patrick. VOTE OBI ANO
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Kamanda:

I agree.Better to sell Anambra to Fidelity Bank.

I was still skeptical about Obiano, but after Ngige gaffed the first time on deportation saga, we forgave... Now he bitten off more than he can chew. If he disrespects a sacred institution like this, then it means he will do worse when he becomes governor, therefore, OUR SUPPORT SHOULD BE TOWARDS OBIANO.... The smaller fidelity devil we see now is better than a greater devil who's gradually turning up on who he is.

5 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Noblechyk: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

The more you guys try to hold brief for the Obi who hitherto has not refuted Ngige's claim, the more the chances of subjecting the onitsha stool to ridicule. Why not wait for the palace to issue a rebuttal before burning your hard-earned data on defending him? You would have noticed I carefully chose my words by using IF, because no-one is sure yet.
Bros don't be a dumb; Ngige's explanation is so easy to comprehend, so stop beating around the bush. Ngige never sought for permission to hold rally the same day. He only planned to visit the Obi with other dignitaries but was told by his Director of informatio that it won't be possible. So Ngige's meeting with the palace sec. was about the intended courtery call. Traditional rulers are accorded respect in all parts of the world. Don't forget in a hurry how GEJ was kept waiting by the Oba of benin sometime ago & he waited. So tell me, who is Ngige not to do the same?
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by aj1802001: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Calm down, will ya?!

1. Ngige sought permission to hold a rally in Onitsha

2. Obi granted him permission

3. Ngige held his campaign rally in Onitsha

4. Obi is angry

Now switch on your brain, and tell me who's at fault. Truth is Peter Obi is the one instigating the Obi against Ngige. The Obi has no justification for getting angry if he indeed granted permission to Ngige. He shouldnt allow politics to debase his stool
Where is the document conveying acceptance for the rally to hold? Stop disgracing yourself with comments that don't hold water. Ngige erred and he must tender a proper apology.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
bestview:

Nwanne I just hope you do not want to misyarn when you mentioned Uba's name. The only thing you could have said is that Uba has taken Ngige's position as second runner up in the election while Ngige is now at 3rd runner up position. Its that bad! Am in Awka now there is series of meetings going on here and there to ensure 100percent vote for APGA.

Of course its obvious Ifeanyi Ubah will come 2nd now.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by mellB(f): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Apart from being an Igwe, Achebe is a well educated man who rose to one of the highest ranks in Shell Petroleum before retiring. Socio-economically speaking, Ngige is beneath him, let alone adding the traditional stool he occupies, one of the most prominent in Nigeria. Fooolish Ngige, fooooolish APC.
say whatever you want to say, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige is the ordained Governor to be and there's nothing to do about, you better join and support the APC or loose big time. To get more info and freebies from Ngige join the campaign train on twitter @samklef104

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by shaqoloye(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

Your comment sounds so stupid to us here.
How can OBI of onisha grant him permission and later COURSE him openly. Nna ehh some people are just simply morøns going by the way they analize things

See who is not a slowpoke? Curse or Course?
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Adejoro74: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Anambra governorship: Ngige seeks crisis talks with Obi of Onitsha over curse

By News Express on 10/10/2013

Share on facebook inShare Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 84

All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate for the November 16 election, Senator Chris Ngige, is seeking a meeting with the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe, over the curse which the revered monarch placed on him on Tuesday during the annual Ofala festival in the famed commercial town.

News Express had broken the story Tuesday night after obtaining a video clip in which Igwe Achebe cursed Ngige and his party for holding his campaign in Onitsha on he same day the Ofala festival was taking place. Speaking in English and Igbo in the 53 seconds video clip in the possession of News Express the paramount ruler said: “Today, a political party has chosen to launch their campaign for governorship in Onitsha at the same time when the Ofala is going on . . . despite the long notice . . . the one-year notice about the Ofala, and he knew about it.” The Igwe added: “Aga m arapu ya otua. Onye mebie ani, ani emebie ya,” roughly translating: “I will stop here. He who desecrates the land, the land will also desecrate him.”

However, Ngige’s campaign office in a statement signed by Okelo Madukaife claimed that Igwe Achebe’s statement was misinterpreted but vowed not join issues over the issue “until we have had all the proposed discussions with his Royal Majesty.”

According to Madukaife in the statement issued yesterday, “We have read the comments attributed to the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Afred Achebe, as reported in some section of the print and social media, and have very strong reasons to believe that the message of our respected royalty has been lost in translation from Igbo to English as we are sure that Ofala prayers are not offered in any other language, but Igbo.”

Continuing, the statement said: “Since Ngige is in touch with the highly knowledgeable traditional ruler, he would take steps to communicate with him to clarify the ostensibly misinterpreted message, particularly as it relates to communications with the palace in the recent past by Senator Dr Chris Ngige.”

Madukaife claimed that the purported misinterpretation was a calculated move by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) government of Peter Obi to play politics with a matter of tradition in order to score cheap political points.

“Unlike those in the saddle of Anambra State Government who have again rushed to play politics with everything sacred, we will not dignify the message of hate from the citadel of power in Anambra State personified by those who point left when they mean to turn right,” Madukaife said.

He insited that both Ngige and APC have always held Igwe Achebe in high esteem, adding: “That esteem increased recently when he sought to and indeed distanced himself successfully from the grand deceit called zoning in Anambra State governorship elections by resigning his position as Chairman of Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers, when certain unwarranted dictations were issued from Government House, Awka and beyond.

“It will therefore be out of tune for our candidate, who is grounded in traditional norms in Anigbo; our party which with the instrument of discipline has emerged the only frontline party with one candidate in the Anambra gubernatorial race to do anything that would hurt the Onitsha Traditional institution.”

Source News Express

Posted 10/10/2013 07:37:29 AM
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by 0monnakoda: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Apart from being an Igwe, Achebe is a well educated man who rose to one of the highest ranks in Shell Petroleum before retiring. Socio-economically speaking, Ngige is beneath him, let alone adding the traditional stool he occupies, one of the most prominent in Nigeria. Fooolish Ngige, fooooolish APC.

Assuming it is true that Ngige is "beneath" him as you say,so what? How is that relevant to anything
No one is beneath anyone.
ALL men are equal. People may have more money or more status but those things are often transient and transitory.
Nnaemeka occupies a respected office and he expressed displeasure and Ngige has apologized and that should be the end of it. This whole idea of people beneath people just reflects a warped mindset.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by emmabest2000(m): 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
seanet02: This is not an apology
And so
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by doncaster(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
kross_01: Firstly, ngige erred seriously on this. You and i know pretty well that the obi of Onitsha doesn't have the legal right to grant or deny you permission to carry out your rally but you should have applied wisdom and known that the wise thing to do was to respect the traditional institution of Onitsha and maybe pay the man a courtesy call and start off your rally another day. Secondly, I think your campaign support staff are not handling your affairs well. this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Nice to do the honorable thing and apologize even though i believe the damage has been done already.
His campaign support stafFs are ndi ofe oil and aboki rochas so they do not know what Ofala is to onitcha people.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by doncaster(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
rockbase360:

The days of licking the kings %%% are long and gone.

yeah cos he is African, what about the queens and kings all over Europe that you people pay thousands to near their palace? Colomental no good or are you eating oil soup too much.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by doncaster(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2013

tot you are from arochukwu in Abia abi Ebonyi state.
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Prince22(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nija, wen are we going to grow, just to analyse and hear public opinion about and incident. We all statrted politiking
Let us break the sailos of interest and get good ideas also information that will move us (all of us) forward in this country
Character assasination need to stop for us to develope in this great nation of ours and neglect personal interest at the detriment of the populace
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by plendil: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2013

Bad?? This is unmitigated disaster for him and his hopes of clinching the coveted seat as far as I'm concerned.

Some questions bother me though:

Is he (Ngige) not a son of the soil? Is he not aware of the customs? Even if we assume ignorance, the festival was widely publicized, and so surely he or at his advisers/supporters would have known about the festival, so why the fugg did he still go ahead with the campaign?
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kingbang: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
plendil:

so why the fugg did he still go ahead with the campaign?[/i]

Because his Yoruba masters and godfathers do not give a damn about the festival. Simple! I am surprised it took some people this long to know that Chris Ngige is an Efulefu.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
kingbang:

Because his Yoruba masters and godfathers do not give a damn about the festival. Simple! I am surprised it took some people this long to know that Chris Ngige is an Efulefu.

I liked the man but recently, his association with a group of people is putting him at odds with his people. Like @wesley80 said, he's been eating the wrong soup... grin grin
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
berem: I thought the Ofala festival holds only in the Igwe's Palace?

Ngige carry go jare,nothing do you! cool

This is the height of insensitivity and tribal intolerance, just because you want 'Tinubu's regional party' to win....... if it was the Eyo abi Eko festival, will you still spew this shit from your mouth!!!!

To understand our position, you need to put yourself in our shoes..... if GEJ puts a convention or commissions 4th mailand bridge on the same day as your festival, how would you feel?
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

This is the height of insensitivity and tribal intolerance, just because you want 'Tinubu's regional party' to win....... if it was the Eyo abi Eko festival, will you still spew this shit from your mouth!!!!

To understand our position, you need to put yourself in our shoes..... if GEJ puts a convention or commissions 4th mailand bridge on the same day as your festival, how would you feel?

Lol... Are you a learner? Berem is from Imo state grin grin
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by cKaiser: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Vote Ifeanyi Ubah for governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. / Keyamo Sacks 33 Aviation Directors Appointed By Ex-minister, Sirika / Petition In Favour Of President Buhari Gathers Over 5000 Signatures In 24hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.