Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 (3226 Views)

Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 / Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency / IMF Lauds Sanusi, Okonjo-iweala For Strength Of Nigeria’s Economy In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2013
What do you think? Delta State has had it very bad in the highest office of the state, i believe Ngozi with her wide range of experience in Governtment and Meticulous management of finance is more than fit to govern a rich but poor state like Delta.
With the presidency backing her, the Gov't house in Asaba is all hers.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:41am On Oct 10, 2013
Has she indicated interest in being the Governor of Delta state? I think she's more than qualified but could see the office as a demotion.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Annie2gud(f): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Congrats.....its finally Anioma's turn to produce the next governot. She has alot to do,in order to transform Delta state.but first tin first,she has to fix her hometown that,dusnt even have electricity for decades.what we crave for in Delta state is peace,growth and speedy dev.pls someone shud tell uduaghan to stop plantin flowers like the gardeners son.there er more pressy tins to do,rather than plantin flowers.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Sec5(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngozi is not a Deltan,so she cannot contest guber election in that state.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Annie2gud: Congrats.....its finally Anioma's turn to produce the next governot. She has alot to do,in order to transform Delta state.but first tin first,she has to fix her hometown that,dusnt even have electricity for decades.what we crave for in Delta state is peace,growth and speedy dev.pls someone shud tell uduaghan to stop plantin flowers like the gardeners son.there er more pressy tins to do,rather than plantin flowers.
Anioma should better wise up this time around. I expect the likes of Iweala and Utomi to be instrumental to Anioma producing a governor.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
Sec5: Ngozi is not a Deltan,so she cannot contest guber election in that state.
She's from Delta while her husband is from Abia.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
Sec5: Ngozi is not a Deltan,so she cannot contest guber election in that state.
Are you from this planet @ all? Is Ogwashi uku in Borno state?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Allohrandy(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Has she indicated interest in being the Governor of Delta state? I think she's more than qualified but could see the office as a demotion.
I doubt if uduaghan will allow her replace him. Politics is all about interest and I don't think it is in
uduaghan best interest for her to become governor.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Has she indicated interest in being the Governor of Delta state? I think she's more than qualified but could see the office as a demotion.
How's the office a demotion? As the Governor of Delta state she'll preside over a bulky budget of 2 billion dollars annually. That's like the 4th largest Economy in Nigeria!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by donphilopus: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Have you forgotten Great Ogboru?
Okonjo should not waste her time and resource unless she rigs the Election.
Ogboru all the way
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Allohrandy: I doubt uduaghan will allow her replace him. Politics is all about interest and I don't think it is in
I suspect that Uduaghan will present his deputy if he wants to honour the governorship rotation. But i don't think that deputy governor is good enough. I've heard him speak and i don't think he's up to scratch. If Iweala decides to contest, she'll definitely have backing from Abuja and Uduaghan will have to respect that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: How's the office a demotion? As the Governor of Delta state she'll preside over a bulky budget of 2 billion dollars annually. That's like the 4th largest Economy in Nigeria!
I never said it's demotion. All i said is that she migh see it as one. Do you know that Ngozi is currently the prime ministers of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2013
Allohrandy: I doubt if uduaghan will allow her replace him. Politics is all about interest and I don't think it is in
That's why i said she needs the 'president's backing' although i doubt if Jonathan would want to loose someone of that calibre from his Cabinet, although Soludo would be just the perfect replacement.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I never said it's demotion. All i said is that she migh see it as one. Do you know that Ngozi is currently the prime ministers of Nigeria?
Like the saying goes 'it's best to leave the stage while the ovation is loudest', she wont be there forever, and as things stand now there's no guaranty Jonathan would be re elected in 2015, if jonathan looses what would she do? Go back to the world bank and start afresh?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Allohrandy(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I suspect that Uduaghan will present his deputy if he wants to honour the governorship rotation. But i don't think that deputy governor is good enough. I've heard him speak and i don't think he's up to scratch. If Iweala decides to contest, she'll definitely have backing from Abuja and Uduaghan will have to respect that.
I don't think so. Uduaghan already has his men from Delta North like Senetor Ifeanyi Okowa and others eyeing the governor seat. I don't really think GEJ will want to be involved in Delta politics since he is interested in 2015. its not in GEJ interest to go against the wish of uduaghan because he has more to lose.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2013
I think 2015 is anioma's best chance buh I think Sen Ifeanyi Okowa is the likeliest contender and the only one capable of winning but Gej seems to be pushing for minister of niger-delta godsday Orubebe who is ijaw,however I believe okowa would emerge ,ogboru would lose as always...either way I just want devt in my home state..we are too rich to be doing so 'poorly'
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Tuntheycr7: 9:25am On Oct 10, 2013
i dnt think Uduaghan wud support dat. Am sure he has gat his own candidate (s)
Lets wait and see
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2013
emk4lif: I think 2015 is anioma's best chance buh I think Sen Ifeanyi Okowa is the likeliest contender and the only one capable of winning but Gej seems to be pushing for minister of niger-delta godsday Orubebe who is ijaw,however I believe okowa would emerge ,ogboru would lose as always...either way I just want devt in my home state..we are too rich to be doing so 'poorly'
If Jonathan dares supports Godsday Orubebe then he's spoiling for trouble as this is the turn of Ndi Anioma. As for Great Ogboru, this is the wrongest time for him to contest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2013
She will run the state aground.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
If Jonathan dares supports Godsday Orubebe then he's spoiling for trouble as this is the turn of Ndi Anioma. As for Great Ogboru, this is the wrongest time for him to contest.
Even if orubebe is backed by GEJ,he is not sufficiently grounded in the state pdp to get the ticket, also almost every major stakeholder in the state seems to agree that its time for a governor of anioma extraction...I strongly hope an anioma person emerges,then I can proudly call myself deltan
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Oildichotomy(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's a Professor of Law we're talking of here.
That is more than ''scratch'' and a perfect grounding to be more articulate on issues than you postulated.
The only issue with him i think is the old age weariness and probably some health concerns.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
That's a Professor of Law we're talking of here.
That is more than ''scratch'' and a perfect grounding to be more articulate on issues than you postulated.
The only issue with him i think is the old age weariness and probably some health concerns.
GBAM...He's just doesn't seen sharp at the moment.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by dridowu: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2013
Just waking up from my dream.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Ngwakwe: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2013
She is a minister representing Abia State and should come home to takeover from T. A. Orji

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: She is a minister representing Abia State and should come home to takeover from T. A. Orji
Double post!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Oildichotomy(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Spoiling for which trouble??
Who is the candidate ''Ndi Anioma'' or whatever that means is presenting to Deltans?
If it is Ifeanyi Okowa ,then i believe Deltans are going back to their own vomit.
That name has been ringing bells in Delta state corridors of power since 1999.
What are his antecedents and the scorecard that will sorta push his manifesto to voting Deltans.
NOI is the best the ''Ndi Anioma'' can present as the moment. The so-called Anioma Elders should concentrate on lobbying and presenting a credible candidate that stands out from the inept lineage that has been milking the state rather than shouting Gubernatorial marginalisation all the time.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: She is a minister representing Abia State and should come home to takeover from T. A. Orji
Abia state is equally in dire need of Good leadership, i think governing Delta state would be more tantalizing and enticing to her as their more capital over there.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Oildichotomy(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Adopted Home or Her Royal roots?
Before we start argueing where her allegiance lies.

I think she's more proud and vocal about being a Deltan 'princess''.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Ngwakwe: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
You know it's really impossible for her to be nominated to represent Delta State in ministerial appointment.

Abians vaule her very much and remember, her Children's State of Origin is Abia State and will never be Delta State.

Oildichotomy^:
Adopted Home or Her Royal roots?
Before we start argueing where her allegiance lies.

I think she's more proud and vocal about being a Deltan 'princess''.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by Oildichotomy(m): 11:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: You know it's really impossible for her to be nominated to represent Delta State in ministerial appointment.

Abians vaule her very much and remember, her Children's State of Origin is Abia State and will never be Delta State.

Professor Dora Akunyili readily comes to mind.
Which state again?
Yea.. I remember ... Anambra!!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by lacicrips(m): 11:13am On Oct 10, 2013
She has my vote.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 by hercules07: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
What has that woman achieved that people are asking that she becomes the governor of the state, she has been finance minister twice and I personally can not see the achievements, Delta state people should vote for a man who has empathy for them not someone who will drop them once the world bank job becomes available.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[poll] Rate Our Dear President's Performance Through His Tenure / President George W Bush Arrested For Cocaine Possession / No Longer Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.