Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? (16314 Views)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / If BH Declare Tomorrow As Public Holiday,and FG Say No,who Will U Listen To. / Breaking News. Strike Continues As Meeting Between Labour And Fg Ends deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Amacaco: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame ASUU for the strike. ASUU has never had any real agreement with the govt. They have always been holding govt by the balls since 1991 as they are doing now and anything accepted by govt is no agreement as it is acceeded to under duress. ASUU should see themselves as partners and see the govt point of view. Only then can they be a genuine agreement.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Henrolla(m): 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
FG of course. Who else?
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by noj02: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
topstar80: We've all been receiving various update on the latest ASUU strike that has grounded activities in virtually all Universities in the country.
The strike which is over 100 days old and counting has indeed exposed how irresponsible both ASUU and FG can be.

From all the reports you have been able to gather and from your analysis, who is really to blame for this Strike? FG or ASUU?
Please give a concise and detailed reason and let's dialogue responsibly

Blame will not solve anything, what is needed is Soln
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by sammicayo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Both. They are not serious. Toying with d future of d country..... God punish them
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by sofitinted(f): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
FG ofcourse,agreement is agreement gbamm!!!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Americanvisa: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
I will blame ASUU 100% for going strike, if other organizations continue the way ASUU and Medical Doctors go strike, Nigeria will collapse automatically. Even though that i am one of this organizations but i dont support evil. we have teachers association,Bar association, aviation association, engr society. including trans association etc, which of this association is not import but still they tend to seek diplomatic dialog instead of strike that will affect the entire masses. No medical Doctor in fed sector that receive below 200k, for consultants they receive more than 500k still some of them usually go to work once in a week and continue to maintain their private practice, this people are evil and i have exempted myself from this foolish unproductive settings. Every time time they want govt to implement 100% of their demand thinking that they are more important than any other organization
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by emmymdk: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame Obasanjo....
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by whatofyou: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
I will blame the various Students Union Government leaders and our students for failing to have a say on how their 'homes' are run. This thing concerns you the same way it concerns the ASUU people and FG. Do something, do anything but stay at home and hope! Indirectly, we all.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by tete7000(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
Whoever you can't trust with little, you can't trust with much. ASUU claim they need plenty money to revive Nigerian education system, I asked how have they managed the little that has accrued to them? The universities lecturers are as corrupt as the politicians they fight. Let them get more money and nothing will change. Many problems in life are not because there is little, rather it is because the available little is not judicially utilised. I do not however exonerate the Govt. Both are two fingers on a proverbial leper hand. Both are insincere, selfish, egoistic and to be blamed. No system survive where people are unwillingly to make sacrifice. I had been a student, suffered multiple strikes but I have never believed many of lecturers make sacrifice for students; like politicians they only fight for their pocket. Too sad.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by thinkdip(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by thinkdip(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame you, for causing wahala on this site.,you are to be blame for the strike.
Thank God 73 to comment
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
FG of-course.....They have the money to plunder and embezzle, but they don't see the need to invest in the tertiary education in Nigeria.
It's outrageous that a strike which is 100+ days is yet to have a resolution....Nigeria is indeed a hopeless nation!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Prestonvic(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
I blame ASUU. Because they use STRIKE to forced FG into signing the agreement they(FG) can‘t honour. Now they want to use strike for forceful implementation of the agreement. I BLAME ASUU!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by adezjamz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame nature for giving us a "one term thinker" & "2nd term at all cost president". He signed d bill then coz he's too api 2 b an "unelected" president which he b'lv he can sign anything without caution. Truly d game now looks political bt should ASUU be blamed? NO . Our univ syst is far lagging behind d world standard bt should it remain like dis? NO. I boldly blame d presidency for this.

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by ONEMEGE(m): 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
trying to rest the blame on either of them we not solve dis very unfortunate embarrassment; but d truth need to be said, an agreement was obviously reached in 'bad fate', - the fg has often shown 360 degree insensitivity to very sensitive issues, - the series of strike by ASUU which spans more than 20 months since its formation has been highly unproductive, -ASUU is highly rigid, emotionally backrupt, and to a reasonable extent self centred. My is simple opinion is that, the quickest solution has not always proven to be the best solution, STRIKE IS NOT THE BEST TOOL TO RESOLVE OUR EDUCATIONAL WOES RATHER PAST ANTECEDENT SHOWS IT ADD UP TO RETROGRESSION IN THE SECTOR. ASUU should devise another means to negotiate with government, the combined chambers of d national assembly shld pass a law to outlaw strikes in the education sector and lastly the student unions of the various institutions and d umbrella body should hold government accountable for any agreement ASUU signs with the government.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Stinoboss: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wif no doubt abh diz nd 4rm mah own poin of view i will say d fault z 4rm both parties,,,ASUU z beein greedy nd fg ought 2 ave implented the 2009 agreement
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Zadokk: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Do u know what my junior brother in ss 3, said to me last week, he said thank God for Ass strike dat he will meet me in my first year
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by VMLTDSMS(m): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
The ASUU strike has gone political to the detriment of the student,ASUU are to be blamed bigtime because they are requesting for impossibilities,the best bet is a NO WORK - NO Pay policy as introduced by the FG.They cant be collecting monthly salary while the students keep wasting at home,this is out of wickedness.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by jalli18(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
Since the effect of the strike affect students at any angle why can't NANS bring a total shutdown of the FG activities until the issues btw ASUU and FG are solved!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by kingdanoutfit(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
FG Oo 9ja has moneyFG Oo 9ja has moneyFG Oo 9ja has money
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Jaywon242(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
DONMAYOR19: ASUU na big thief, fighting for themselves and allowing Nigeria student to suffer......ASUU ole
can u give reasons for dis statement? U seem to be very ignorant,a typical Nigerian. We really deserve the kind of leaders we get

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by virus2010(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Jaywon242: can u give reasons for dis statement? U seem to be very ignorant,a typical Nigerian. We really deserve the kind of leaders we get

yes my brother,assu shld be blamed bfore FG...dir is dis saying dat charity begins @home.so assu shld go nd address demselves 1st bfore raining faults on FG simple....
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by SUN84: 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Both the ASUU, th fg and even Nigerian students r to be blamed.one ASUU first b/c once fg pay such a money, ASUU stake holder will use the money to buy Jeep causing hold up in town and every area witout repositioning ng edctn in order.also fg sud also blame for allowin our eductn to collapse...finaly our ng studend r so racadezical and nonchalant to care for. All Lose its rigth and obligatn in a society like nig. Tans my fans.buy.......
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Rexyl(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
Blame both of them. FG that makes agreements and defaults and ASUU that can not boast of ndigenous technical advancement more than 50 years of University education in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by ellee(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
ASUU
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Victormessi(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
To be pragmatic,both parties are to blame,because ASUU can suspend the strike and continue with the negotiations while FG should not have agreed on terms they know they cant maintain....thats my lookout
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Trypant(f): 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU!!!! They are greedy and comparing themselves to Politicians. If they are envious of politicians, they should quit school for politics! I had a lecturer who quit lecturing to become a commissioner. Y not do same if they are sooo greedy. They are because as learned civilians, they know that the effect of this strike rests on Nigerian students and not on them since their monthly salary is still been paid to them! Same them will insult a Nigerian graduate of being half baked graduates!!! With what FG has offered , they should have shifted ground since the agreement made was not made in this present regime. My School I.D card is expiring this October. My house rent expiring by Dec. And yet my project is tide down....5courses am supposed to write to get myself ready for NYSC is dormant!!! My mates in private universities and Polytechniques have graduated but am still answering a student!!! What a country!
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by dontgivafuck: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eminey: ASUU's to take more of blame...diz guyz know dat the educational system is bad enough..so doz d FG...and us, the students....so ASUU comes up wit the smartest plan ever!.....they sleep as 2013 is being passed...education gets it's budget...they r there...watching...then all of a sudden...June comes...and we here...3trillion must be allocated to the University system from hence forth....or we strike till 2020!<-----datz the wisest thing I'v heard of in awhile....I heard..the other day...a lecturer saying..."if u r not careful, we will strike till nxt year"...I shook my head..and tot...shows how much these lecturers r insensitive to education.....if it was the health sector....so they'll strike till next year aii?...and watch people die rite?....now the question...which is much important...health...or education?....I'll leave u to debate that!....another question....even if the government pours all it's budget into funding Universities...do they fink we'll start seeing immediate changes?....Fact is...there'll be not visible changes...until 6-8yrs time!...so y cause innocent..."illeducated" students....who hv grown wit this rot...and who jes hv a few more days to suffer?...Y didn't ASUU plan an effective strike?...they want to tell us the best bet is to strike till foreva?....and another question....how credible r these lecturers struggling for grants to sponsor their projects?...another question....what happened to submitting an "University reform Agenda" b4 the National Assembly...sit wit private and public organizations and discuss how Funding...implementation...and related blabla sheeps can be sorted out?....wot we see is...."lazy" people....dat would remain broke till Goverment does somefin...we'll strike till 2020....let's all sit and watch ASUU display intelligence....I'm watching!
its better to Educate yourself on d History of ASUU stryk at least dis particular one on d implementation of d 2009 agreement b4 commenting on a public forum

Sorry to say Your post reeks of stark ignorance!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by dancrux(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
ASUU papa no go die better,i dey para like dis
Re: ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? by Jaywon242(m): 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Stino boss: Wif no doubt abh diz nd 4rm mah own poin of view i will say d fault z 4rm both parties,,,ASUU z beein greedy nd fg ought 2 ave implented the 2009 agreement
u seem to be talking from both sides of ur mouth. How can u accuse FG of not fulfilling d agreement they signed with ASUU and at d same time accuse ASUU of being greedy? I think ASUU is just tired of d FG being very insincere and irresponsible. It's better to suffer now and enjoy later for the good of the future generations. A man that does not stand for something will fall for anything. Ghanaian lecturers went on strike for over one year many years ago and I can say categorically that universities in Ghana are better placed than Nigerian universities. Our universities are nothing to write home about and ASUU has decided to take d bulls by the horns and some ignorant and selfish Nigerians are here blaming dem for doing the right thing. If this is not done now,our children will be given a worse education than we have at d moment. It'll continue to get worse if d decadence is not nipped in the bud. I had a friend who did his M.Sc in Malaysia and he told me that d govt gave them grants for their projects. In Nigeria, d reverse is d case where u personally pay for projects u embark upon despite d fact that we have so much money,majority of which are wasted and stolen. I am fully behind ASUU in dis struggle,even if it takes one year to achieve. Lest I forget,a senator earns N30m every month,probably d highest in d world and dey refuse to sponsor Education to d level it shld be. Dey want us to perpetually remain half-baked like we have been ever since. I saw a postgraduate student in a lab,in a fed university last week,using a locally made lantern to heat a measuring tube instead of a bunsen burner. I was taken aback. I met some students recently who said dey haven't handled a microscope personally before and to think dey re graduates of botany and microbiology,is kinda shameful. Was in South Africa last year and was ashamed when our universities re compared to theirs. It's really a shame that has to stop. So ASUU shld be encouraged instead of being blamed for d crisis rocking d educational system at d moment. In closing,Nigeria spends just abt 11% on education while South africa and Ghana spend over 25% on education. We will forever remain educationally disadvantaged if we don't act and posterity will not forgive us. ASUU will be d biggest fool to call off the strike at dis stage without achieving it's aim over 3 months on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom / Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption / 2023: INEC Denies Allegation Of Partisanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.