Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (1965606 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
#throwbackthursday Part 2 (one shot)

Title : THE GIRL WHO BECAME A PHOTO

Main Cast :
Choi Jong won
Jung in sun
Lee Jae kyoon

Channel : kbs
Year: 2014

Fun fact : erm...

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
A high school student (jis) lives with her mom and grandfather(cjw). She has a pretty good relationship with him and as they are relaxing together she suddenly disappears (me: huh?). Grandpa is confused and suddenly wakes up. It was a dream, he's at the bank waiting for his turn and he fell asleep. He's there to deposit some money into his granddaughter's account. He heads towards a block of flats and calls jis (her name is Seyoung). He asks where she is and she says she's at home. He says but you agreed to follow me to search for a new house? She says she'll talk to him when he comes home and hurriedly ends the call. A man comes to greet him and asks if he's there to see the house? Grandpa says he was just passing through. The man offers grandpa a lift apparently they were neighbors and their neighborhood is being redeveloped and everyone is moving out. The neighbor is surprised grandpa hasn't moved yet and asks if the noise from the construction workers does not bother him? Grandpa says he's moving out soon. Neighbor says I moved out as you suggested and things started working out for me, my wife has even been happier. Thank you (grandpa used to be a real estate agent so he knows a lot about houses and neighborhoods). Grandpa looks out of the car window and sees Seyoung following a boy (ljk), he asks the neighbor to stop the car and goes after the kids.

He sees ljk walk out from a corner, the area is lonely as all the houses are being demolished, ljk sees grandpa, eyes him and passes. Grandpa wonders why the kid glared at him and walks into the corner calling Seyoung's name but no one answers and all he sees is her backpack and phone on the floor. He calls her name again and this time we hear her voice ask grandpa? He says where are you come out right now and she says I'm under here, the voice sounds like it's coming from the floor so he looks down at her backpack, under it is a framed photograph of her. He picks it up and he hears her voice again "grandpa?". He's shocked and throws the picture to the ground and we hear her voice go "ouch" (me:ehn?). He looks around surprised and looks at the picture and we hear her voice say grandpa what happened to me? He picks up the picture and her phone and runs toward his neighbor and starts stammering my.. My.. Grand... The neighbor asks what's wrong and Seyoung's voice says help me ahjussi I don't know what happened to me. Grandpa asks neighbor if he heard the voice but the neighbor hears nothing and is confused. Seyoung says ahjussi can't you hear me, grandpa we're in trouble what do we do? Grandpa keeps trying to ask neighbor if he can hear her voice. At this point neighbor concludes grandpa has probably run mad.

Grandpa is with a doctor who's asking him if he experiences other auditory hallucinations or if it's only from the picture? The voice asks what do you mean hallucinations? There's nothing wrong with my grandpa, it's me. Grandpa says I can still hear her right now. Doctor says Grandpa has mirror misidentification. It's when you hear or see things from reflected surfaces. It's coming on faster than expected. Seyoun says what's coming faster, grandpa are you ill? Grandpa says I'm fine. Doctor says huh? (me:aigoo) grandpa says there's nothing wrong. Doctor asks if there's a guardian that can visit him? Grandpa says my daughter is in the US, voice says what do you mean us? Mom is in Cambodia. Grandpa says be quiet. Doctor says huh (me:lol but shouldn't this doctor realize the man is not talking to him by now). Grandpa apologizes and says Seyoung keeps talking to him. Voice says you always lie, will she become a millionaire if you say she's in the US? Doctor says it's natural but in cases like yours where you don't have a guardian I think you should look into staying at a home for old people. Voice says what do you mean no guardian, I'm here, can't you hear me? She starts screaming. Grandpa says stop being noisy you brat. He turns to the doctor and says I might not have a guardian but I myself am a guardian.

He's walking with the picture by his side and she says grandpa when you walk with me that way everything feels dizzy. He holds the picture upright and she says much better. Lol we see scenes of him taking the picture for deliverance church, shrine etc. Lol the catholic priest asks when last he came for confession and the shaman says a man that died during the war has Possessed the picture and the only solution is for grandpa to become a shaman lol He's sitting outside his house with the picture when her phone starts ringing. She says oh that's my phone, I wonder who it is. She asks him to show her the number, he does. She says it's a foreign number, it might be her mom. He doesn't know how to answer the call cos it's a touchscreen phone. She tells him to swipe, he does and picks. It's her mom, grandpa says yunhui? She says dad is that you, did Seyoung leave her phone at home? He says I don't know what's happening but.. She cuts in and says thank God I got you please tell her I'll be staying here. He says what? You said you'd only be there for a year. She says do you think it's easy to settle down here? If I come back it will be harder to return, I'll make money and take care of you. He shouts this isn't about taking care of me it's about Seyoung.. She says Seyoung is all grown up please look after her like you did when she was young. He says your daughter Seyoung... She says dad I have to go and ends the call. Voice says mom's not coming back right? Grandpa you should have known this would happen you're her father you should know. He goes close to the picture and says are you really Seyoung? She says how many times must I tell you? He asks so are you like a spirit? Like you've Possessed a photo. She shouts I don't know, how can I know when the shaman doesn't? He says no need to get so mad at me. She starts crying, he picks her up, she says no one can hear me, do you know how scared I am that you'll stop hearing me. He tells her to stop crying that he'll work it out and hugs the picture to his chest. She says grandpa I can't see when you do that. He turns the picture in front of a mirror, she says she can see, he covers her eye and she can't see anymore. He tries to break the frame to see if she'll come out. She screams in pain and he apologizes. He asks when did you take this photo and where? She says huh? He says someone must have taken it. She flashes back to her walking in an abandoned house, she turns and we hear a shutter sound. Back to the present she says umm I don't know. Grandpa says he doesn't believe her. She yawns and says she wants to sleep. He says you became a photo but you can still think about sleeping. She says the shock of the day has made her tired. He asks if he should keep her in her room? She says she'd prefer to sleep in his room as she's scared. He takes her to his room and says everything will be fine by morning. She says she hopes it's all a dream by morning.

He has another dream at night, Seyoung keeps moving all around the house like a ghost and his picture is now in the frame. He wakes up. She wakes up too and they are both disappointed to see that everything is still the same.

He receives a call from Seyoung's teacher asking why she hasn't been in school? He tells her Seyoung is ill. She says today is their career advice day and if he can make it she'd like to see him.

He's at the store looking for a gift to buy the teacher, he has the picture with him. Seyoung says are you really going to see my teacher. I remember where this picture was taken let's go there instead. He says we can go there on my way back from school, do you remember who took the picture? She says erm.. The owner of the store asks him if he wants some more boxes for packing his belongings, he says no. She asks him why he's taking too long to move and he says he didn't even realize he had a lot of properties for an old man that lives alone. She asks if he'd like her son to come assist him with packing, he says no thank you and is about to leave when Seyoung reminds him about the juice he wanted to buy for the teacher.

On his way to the school Seyoung keeps grumbling about how the teacher has no interest in her and how there's no point in going to school. He puts her picture by a window in the hallway and she protests that she wants to go in with him but he says it's a parent-teacher meeting and it would be wrong for her to be there.

At the meeting, teacher says she's relieved Seyoung is only ill cos she thought she had run away again. Grandpa says she didn't run away that time, she went to see her mom off because she was going overseas, I misunderstood that. Teacher says OK, actually the main reason I wanted to see you is because Seyoung has a hard time getting along with people and making friends, I'm concerned if it's because she has no parents. He asks what has that got to do with anything? Her mom is just overseas, she's still alive you know. Teacher says from what I heard she remarried and you're the guardian... You have the same surname as Seyoung and her mother? Grandpa is uncomfortable and changes the topic by asking how the principal is doing? He says principal Choi yonghwan is my relative.

A male student picks Seyoung's picture and walks away with it (we can't see his face but I think it's ljk.

Grandpa finishes with the teacher and asks her to extend his regards to principal yonghwan. He comes out and realizes the picture is gone. He freaks out and starts searching everywhere crying Seyoung's name. Principal yonghwan sees him and starts walking towards him and grandpa is nervous. They greet like strangers and yonghwan asks him why he's at the school, as he is about to respond the teacher sees them and says oh you're still here, grandpa is even more nervous. Teacher tells yonghwan I was on your way to tell you he asked about you. Yonghwan is confused and says was I supposed to have a meeting with this man? Teacher is confused.

Grandpa begs the teacher to announce that his frame is missing, she does and tells him that if they find the picture they'd give it to Seyoung.

He goes to the police station to report Seyoung missing but the policemen say he has to wait for 3 days as it could be a runaway case and she could come home on her own. Their supervisor asks them to make the report since it's a child that's missing. The supervisor, a woman named seo Ji eun takes him to her office and asks what Seyoung was wearing before she went missing? He tries to remember the last time he saw her and remembered that she was following ljk and he had eyed him. He tells seo Ji eun that she was with a male student.

He goes to see the head of the developers who thanks him for convincing the people in the neighborhood to agree to move out. Grandpa tells him I'd like to push back my moving date because my granddaughter... The developer asks did she run away again? Grandpa says she didn't run away that time, she went to see her mom. Developer says all kids do that. He tells grandpa that the groundbreaking ceremony is in 4 days so he needs to move out by then. Seyoung's phone rings, it's a text message from a sang lim, it says "I'm at your house", grandpa rushes home.

Seo Ji eun checks the footage from the cctv near the school and sees Seyoung following ljk.

Grandpa gets home and sees ljk waiting by the gate (I'm guessing he's sang lim). Grandpa asks what are you doing here? He notices the picture in his hand, he collects it and says Seyoung are you hurt? She replies grandpa? He grabs ljk by the collar and says you punk this is all your doing right? Ljk brings out a notepad from his pocket, on it he wrote "please call Seyoung" (me:is he deaf and dumb?) grandpa reads it and says I should be the one saying that, he starts pushing ljk and asking who the hell he is. Seyoung keeps begging him to stop. Ljk drops Seyoung's backpack on the floor and runs off. Grandpa goes in and is about to call seo Ji eun. Seyoung asks what he's doing and who is seo Ji eun? He says a detective I know. She says detective, why? He's not a bad kid. Grandpa says this happened to you while you were with him and he's rude to his elders. He sees a note poking out of her bag, he picks it and written on it is "your grandpa killed him" he asks what's this about? She says he's the one that took this picture.

The next day seo Ji eun goes to the school to speak with the teacher, she asks if Seyoung is really missing because she was told Seyoung was ill, teacher sighs and says all he told me were lies. Seo Ji eun shows her the picture of Seyoung and ljk and asks if the teacher knows him, she says that's sang lim, he's in my class. Seo Ji eun asks if he was close to Seyoung and the teacher says yes they are always together probably because they live in the same area, it was unusual for them to be friends. Seo Ji eun asks why? Teacher says they both don't talk very much especially sang lim he really doesn't talk.

Grandpa is walking with the picture, Seyoung says let's just go home. He says I need to see him to find out what he did to you. He gets to the front of sanglim's house and says I recognize this place. He flashes back to the developer showing him the house and saying the owner is being a problem he looks through the door and sees a man drinking and wearing a jacket that says redevelopment protestor, sang lim is standing in front of him saying dad stop drinking, his dad says all of your mom's memories are in this house why would we move somewhere else. Sang lim says we still have to move anyway just accept the money and move out. Dad says wow I can't believe my son would say that, this is our home, your mom... Sang lim screams stop using her as an excuse, you should've been good to her when she was alive. Dad calls him a brat and sang lim walks out sees grandpa and the developer and angrily walks away. Developer tells grandpa that it's a bad time to discuss but he'd take care of the house like grandpa advised.

Back to the present grandpa says this is that single dad's photo studio. Seyoung says sang lim's dad passed away earlier this year. Grandpa reads the note that says your grandpa killed him.

At school, teacher is telling seo Ji eun that sang lim was diagnosed with some type of mental disorder, it was an unusual case. It doesn't happen to all kids who lose their parents but he was an odd boy. Seo Ji eun says there's no such thing as a normal death. Teacher says I don't know much but from what I heard from the former teacher he must have been stressed out and there was the redevelopment he had to deal with without his parents, that couldn't have been easy.

Seo Ji eun goes to ask other students about sang lim, they say they don't know much about him, even though he's in their class he didn't talk much. She asks if they're friends with Seyoung? They say no. She asks if sang lim and Seyoung were outcasts? They said no, it was more like sang lim and Seyoung treated the other students as outcasts. They always stuck together, everyone thought it was strange. They were even rumors that they were living together, their neighborhood is being redeveloped and there are lots of empty houses there. I heard they go from house to house living together someone said he saw them. Seo Ji eun asks if sang lim is in school and the kids say of course not he's probably looking at old houses as usual that's his hobby.

The developers are demolishing houses when they hear a noise coming from one of the houses. They are scared and go close to find out what the sound is and sang lim runs out of the house. One of the workers run after him, catches him, kicks him and says you do this in every house we tear down, don't let us catch you again. He leaves. Grandpa sees the whole thing.

Sang lim and grandpa are walking, grandpa asks him why he's wandering around in dangerous places, why are you doing this in this neighborhood? Sang lim shows him his notepad, he wrote "Seyoung". Grandpa says Seyoung, what, you know something don't you? Sang lim tries to open the door of his house and grandpa grabs him saying you know where Seyoung is don't you? Tell me. Sang lim pushes him and grandpa falls to the floor and sprains his wrist, Seyoung's picture also falls, her voice goes ouch, grandpa where are we, are you OK? Sang lim takes grandpa into his house to apply first aid, as he is treating the wrist
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
grandpa asks why were you looking for Seyoung there, is there a reason she'd be around there? Sang lim looks at a photo album on the floor. Seyoung tells grandpa, that album sang lim and I put it together.

Flashback to Seyoung with the photo album in her hand, she's standing by sang lim's house(which is also a photo studio as his dad was a photographer) and putting her hand through a broken window to pick a picture lying on the window sill. Sang lim comes out of the house and Seyoung is shocked, she quickly removes her hand from the window but the glass cuts her arm. Sang lim takes her inside to apply first aid. She thanks him and says i didn't know anyone lived here since everyone is moving out, if you don't need the pictures may I have them? I'm collecting photos from the abandoned houses..oh but this house has not been abandoned and the pictures have not been thrown away so you don't have to give them to me. He opens the album and looks through all the pictures in them. She says I collected them because I felt sad, they are being forgotten and thrown out because they are no longer needed. He continues looking and sees a picture of a father and son with the caption "a happy father and son", he touches the picture sadly and she says don't think of it weirdly, I'm not a pervert or anything... She's shocked to see that he's crying.

Back to the present Seyoung continues, that picture was of sang lim and his late father when he was younger. Sang lim didn't say anything but I understood how he felt. We searched abandoned houses together after that, I gathered lost photos and sang lim took pictures with his father's camera. We see a Flashback of them going through the abandoned houses, Seyoung tells sang lim that she was almost abandoned once, she wondered what would have happened to her pictures, her mom and grandfather. Sang lim takes pictures of her and they continue making their album.

Back to the present, people start throwing stones through sang lim's window and asking him to move out. Grandpa is shocked cos the stones almost hit him. Seyoung says they did that every night, they're telling him to move out. Grandpa asks sang lim why the hell are you still living here? Your parents must left you something, you must have been compensated too if you signed for the redevelopment. Seyoung says grandpa let's leave now sang lim's dad died because.... Sang lim writes on his notepad and shows grandpa "I didn't sign". Grandpa shouts you didn't agree to the redevelopment? Sang lim shows grandpa his dad's funeral portrait. Grandpa says did your dad become a portrait too, can you hear his voice?

Seo Ji eun is listening to the recording from the students she interviewed, one of them says I'd have wanted to kill him too, sang lim's dad died because of Seyoung's grandfather, he was the chairman responsible for the redevelopment, I'm sure if he knew he wouldn't have hung out with Seyoung like that, I'm sure she lied to him. Seo Ji eun asks a colleague if anyone died at the redevelopment area. He says a few people who were not in support of the redevelopment moved into the oldest building in the area but the building collapsed and somebody died, after that the protesters collected compensation money and moved out of the area.

At sang lim's house, grandpa asks him do I seem like a mad man when I say people are photos? When people die they remain as pictures but it's too early for Seyoung, she must come back (me:wait is she dead, what's happening?). If all of this is your fault... I'll go now, get ready to move out. He leaves the house, Seyoung asks grandpa do you think I became a photo because sang lim hates me? Grandpa says a boy that hates you wouldn't look for you like that. She asks what if I can never return? He says there'll be a way, I'll find a way.

The next day sang lim comes out of the house, he doesn't know he's being followed by seo Ji eun. Grandpa is at the house where sang lim took Seyoung's picture, he's trying to see if being in the place were the picture was taken would bring her back. Sang lim arrives at the house sees grandpa and walks right out. He runs into seo Ji eun and she says a student shouldn't be cutting school, you're Lee sang lim right? Let's talk for a minute. Grandpa comes out of the house and is surprised to see seo Ji eun, she says this is the student you talked about right? Seyoung says you reported sang lim, why? Grandpa says yes but.. Sang lim starts to run away but is surrounded by other policemen, seo Ji eun says he's the son of Lee jaegu the man that died in the incident, you were the redevelopment chairman right? I'm going to investigate just in case.

At the police station, seo Ji eun asks sang lim to type a statement, all I want to know is what happened the last time you saw Seyoung?

He starts typing and we see the Flashback, his friends are attacking him for hanging out with Seyoung, they tell him that at least they have relatives they can stay with but he has no one yet he's content to hang around Seyoung who will probably get the biggest apartment in the new complex they're building, don't you know that her grandpa is the chairman of the redevelopment committee, he's the reason they're tearing the whole neighborhood down. Sang lim is shocked, we see Seyoung at the door, she heard everything and she looks guilty.

Grandpa is ranting to Seyoung's picture saying he did nothing wrong, all he did was turn a run down neighborhood to a nicer one for people, they needed a good place to live in so that she and her mom wouldn't be moving from place to place. She says I knew you wanted to put me up for adoption, he's shocked, she says I heard you and mom talk about it when I was little. He says that's a misunderstanding, I only said that because your mom didn't want to settle.. She cuts in I felt sang lim was like me.

Flashback of her walking guiltily behind sang lim , her phone rings and it's grandpa asking her why she isn't there with him to see the new house (the phone call they had in the beginning) she tells him she'll see him at home and she and sang lim go into the corner that grandpa saw them walking into. In the corner sang lim throws the photo album to the floor. Seyoung bends to pick it and sang lim writes in his notepad "your grandpa killed him". He walks out. That was when grandpa walked past sang lim. Seyoung says I think I wanted to disappear at that point. We hear grandpa calling Seyoung's name as he walks into the corner, she continues at that point everything went white and I couldn't move. We hear the sound of glass shattering (me:I hope she wasn't destroyed with the house tho).

At the police station seo Ji eun asks sang lim is that why you're looking for Seyoung too?

Grandpa goes to see the head of the developers and asks him if sang lim's dad died after signing the agreement? Developer says are you losing your mind these days, don't you remember what you told me? Grandpa asks what? Developer says you told me to sign it if they couldn't, well he can't sign if he's dead. Grandpa says that's not a valid reason, what about the kid that lost his father? Developer says why are you telling me that now? You told me the most important thing was to get a majority to sign. Why are you acting like this now? I guess it's worse than we thought, you're bringing up past things. Do you remember my name? Grandpa says cheolho, I don't have dementia. Developer (cheolho) says that's a relief. Are you preparing to move, have you found your granddaughter? Grandpa eyes him and starts to leave. Cheolho says stop worrying about someone else's family and look for your granddaughter that will inherit your apartment.

Grandpa is walking with the picture remembering everything cheolho told him. Seyoung says grandpa you did it all for me right? She says I think I now know why I became a photo, it's because I became someone that wasn't needed. Mom didn't need me, sang lim didn't need me, you didn't need me. Grandpa says that's nonsense. She says I just cause trouble for everyone, if only I didn't exist everyone else can be happy. He says that's not true Seyoung, don't try to come up with reasons, the fact that you're in my arms right now that's the most important thing. She says grandpa I'm getting sleepy, he says you can sleep. She says I'm sorry, he says don't say that.

The next morning he receives a call from cheolho who asks him if he's moved yet? Grandpa says I have to find Seyoung. Cheolho tells him to get his head together as they're going to clear out the neighborhood that night.

Grandpa goes to meet sang lim and tells him to move as it is dangerous to stay there. Sang lim ignores him and grandpa screams I only did it for the best of the neighborhood, I'm sorry about your father. Seo Ji eun arrives and asks grandpa to take a ride with her. She tells him he's so caring for always carrying the picture with him and she says sang lim might not be the last person Seyoung was with, maybe she was with you, if there's anything you haven't told me, it'll be harder to find her. I need you to tell me everything. He says will you believe me if I tell you? He comes down from the car and goes into the department store to pack boxes. The owner of the store sees Seyoung's picture and says why did that happen to this poor girl? Grandpa says what are you talking about? Owner says I heard it from my son, they go to the same school. Grandpa shouts what did you hear? Owner is shocked and says I heard she died. Grandpa shouts dead, Who on earth said that? Owner says at school they're saying that she committed suicide. He shouts suicide? He walks away with the picture saying Seyoung say something, did something bad really happen? Seo Ji eun packs her car and is running after him and the owner is also running after him saying arabeoji don't leave the boxes behind. Seo Ji eun catches up to the owner and asks what happened? Owner says I shouldn't have said that and he's even unwell. Seo Ji eun asks what do you mean? Owner says aren't you from this neighborhood? He has dementia. Can't you tell by the way he walks around talking to himself. He was so obsessed with passing down his inheritance to her but now that she's dead... Seo Ji eun says dead? Grandpa keeps holding Seyoung's picture and asking her to speak to him (me:ok actually now he seems demented). Seyoung's voice says grandpa. He says why have you been quiet? She says thank you for not giving up on me but I don't think i'll ever be able to return. He says stop talking nonsense. She says the more you look for me, the more people think you're crazy, I don't want that. If I just keep quiet I won't hurt anyone and just remain as a photo, I want to stay that way, let me do that. I love you. She stops talking. He screams no! And starts crying in the middle of the road.

Cheolho and his men are at grandpa's house clearing his things and putting them in a truck. One of them asks if it's right for them to empty the house when the owner isn't there. Cheolho says the owner has dementia, don't worry I will take care of him. Grandpa comes and cheolho tells him they've helped him pack and he hopes grandpa understands him but they have to clear out the neighborhood tonight. Grandpa asks what about the photo studio kid? Cheolho says I've sent some men to his house, I'm sure he'll leave. Grandpa says can you give me one more night? Cheolho says everytime we move up the date that's more money we're wasting. Grandpa gives him his bank book and says please, he puts the picture in the truck and says Seyoung, I'm going to find sang lim. He leaves. Cheolho picks the picture up and says he's lost his mind because of this, he throws the picture to the ground, the glass frame breaks. He tells his men to tear down grandpa's house.

Sang lim is hiding in a corner of his house while the developers keep throwing stones in and counting down telling him to come out as they are ready to demolish the house. They set fire on the door step of the house hoping that the smoke will get him to run out but he remains there inhaling the smoke and coughing. One of them suggests they just break in cos the boy won't come out. Grandpa arrives at the scene as they are about to break in and shouts stop!. He runs in and starts knocking on the door of the room sang lim is hiding in Sang lim opens the door and grandpa asks him to come out. Sang lim refuses, grandpa slaps him and says do you think your father wanted to protect this run down house? He wanted to protect you, it's not the house, it's you. Sang lim falls down and starts crying. The fire keeps getting bigger, grandpa starts to drag sang lim out of the room then they see that the exit is blocked by the fire. Grandpa pours water on a blanket, carries it and says let's go. Outside the developers call cheolho and tell him that the house is on fire, he says it's no problem since they're going to destroy the house anyway. He asks if the boy is out, they say no and an old man just entered too. He shouts at them to put out the fire cos they can't have anyone die. As grandpa and sang lim are passing through the fire covered by the blanket, sang lim's leg hits a tripod stand and they trip and fall, a part of the ceiling comes down and grandpa covers sang lim's body with his so the ceiling falls on him. The developers are putting out the fire outside with extinguishers and sang lim piggybacks grandpa out of the house. He drops him on the floor and tries to wake him up because he's passed out. He regains consciousness and asks sang lim "if I lose my memory, will you look after Seyoung in my stead?" sang lim nods, he's crying, grandpa says she may be a photo now but please talk to her, you can bring her back. Thank you for believing me. It starts to rain. An ambulance comes for grandpa, he tells sang lim to hurry to Seyoung. Sang lim runs in the rain to grandpa's house, it has been demolished. He tries to raise some of the rocks to search for the picture but they cut his hand. He stands and starts struggling to speak, after a while he finds his voice, he calls out Seyoung and starts moving the rubble searching and shouting "Seyoung". He hears a sound and removes a piece of wood, behold Seyoung is there crying under the rubble (huh?).

Seo Ji eun is briefing her superior about the case, he says the people in the neighborhood say he went about with his granddaughter's picture speaking rubbish. She says but thanks to him we found Seyoung.

Grandpa wakes up at the hospital and looks through the photo album. Seyoung and sang lim come to visit him. They hug. The endeu.

I would have given this 6/10 but I swear I don't even know what I watched and I have so many questions so 4/10

WHAT I LIKED

1. I guess the story if you take away all the crazy parts.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

1. I mean I don't even know where to start, where was Seyoung all that time, was she just sleeping because how the hell was she suddenly found in her house when they only just demolished it that evening.

2. I know for sure that arabeoji has dementia but what part of the drama was his mind playing tricks on him and what parts were real.

3. Is the drama a fantasy or what?

So many unanswered questions with this one. I feel like the writer of "the light in your eyes" probably watched this drama, stole the idea of the whole dementia/fantasy thing, worked on it and made it way better cos this story reminds me of that drama but the light in your eyes was better written, better potrayed and better directed and it's a 10/10 in my books. Anyway I was curious to see if the dramas were written by the same person so I checked and nope they aren't written by the same person but I was surprised to see that the writer of this drama special wrote youth of May and a few other drama specials I enjoyed. I think he's brilliant but I also think he should stick to simpler dramas for now cos I realized all of his dramas I've seen that dealt with mental health gave me such a headache cos it took time for me to understand them but when I finally got the gist. I loved them.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 7:19am On Sep 26, 2021
Birthdays :

1. Yoon Shi Yoon

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Random post : today is my Yoon shi Yoon oppa's birthday and I was going through my Yoon shi Yoon archive lol but anyway I realized that apart from when he enlisted in the military there was no year this man did not give us a drama/cameo appearance. I stan a hardworking man who does not make me miss him too much in dramaland. I hope his career continues to be scandal free.

P.s : happy birthday to some of my favorite people in the world Yoon shi Yoon oppa, shin Jung keun ahjussi and Jung won joong ahjussi

*currently watching*: hometown cha cha cha, lost
Song of the day : comma - nflying

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
toykathy:
Birthdays :

1. Yoon Shi Yoon

Aka the love of my life

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Who sang it better
Song title : spark
Artists : boa VS taeyeon
My (hopefully) unbiased opinion : boa's song sounds very late 90s pop. I love it.

Taeyeon's song is nice. Almost sounds like a modern take on an old negro spiritual.

If I had to score both songs would get 3/5

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Guess the song title without vowels

YRMYGRL - KMJHN

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Guess the drama title without vowels

RCTY

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
#spotlightsunday

Today's spotlight is on supporting characters from that winter the wind blows. I'm tired tho so picture the supporting characters yourselves lol

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Game time

KAI

1. The first drama you saw him in

2. The most recent drama you saw him in

3. Your favorite drama of his

4. Your favorite character he's played

5. Your favorite drama otp involving him

6. Favorite line/quote he has said in a drama (optional)

7. A character you'd like to see him play

8. A person you'd like to see him paired with in a drama (or in real life lol)

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Guess the web drama title

(lol I'm sorry)

CHIEF (NAME) MARRIAGE

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Game time

KAI

1. To the beautiful you (cameo)

2. The miracle we met

3. Andante

4. His character in Andante

5. I guess he and Kim Jin Kyung in Andante

7. I want him in a same age romance drama

8. Hyeri for costar

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the song title without vowels

YRMYGRL - KMJHN

You are my girl - Kim Jo Han

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title without vowels

RCTY

Air city

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Game time

KAI

NAE EVERYTHING

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 6:38am On Sep 27, 2021
toykathy:

You are my girl - Kim Jo Han

Correct!
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2021
toykathy:

Air city

Correct!!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2021
sarang60:

NAE EVERYTHING

OUR EVERYTHING PLISK

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 6:41am On Sep 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the web drama title

(lol I'm sorry)

CHIEF (NAME) MARRIAGE

Dear olodos,

NOBLEMAN RYU'S WEDDING

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2021
Birthdays :

1. Jeon Hye Bin

2. Kwon Eun Bi

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 8:05am On Sep 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Dear olodos,

NOBLEMAN RYU'S WEDDING

Chief and nobleman does not even work. You are a cheater Kang

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning from the person I miss and I.

I am so happy that he hasn't given up in his dreams as he is just too talented.

I am still wait oooooo........CRUSH....... please keep your promise.

I hope you enjoyed your tour pumpkin, blessed are the people who got to see you perform live.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2021
Song of the day

Si fueras mia BY DO KYUNGSOO

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2021
sarang60:
Good morning from the person I miss and I.

I am so happy that he hasn't given up in his dreams as he is just too talented.

I am still wait oooooo........CRUSH....... please keep your promise.

I hope you enjoyed your tour pumpkin, blessed are the people who got to see you perform live.

Is this K?

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
toykathy:

Chief and nobleman does not even work. You are a cheater Kang

LOL yes it does. Yes it does plus even if I put nobleman sef una no go still know the answer so...

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
toykathy:

Is this K?

It is M

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
toykathy:

Is this K?

Hahahahaha....No.

That is Jay........They look alike.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

It is M

Clown

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

LOL yes it does. Yes it does plus even if I put nobleman sef una no go still know the answer so...

Weldone ma

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
sarang60:

Hahahahaha....No.

That is Jay........They look alike.

Oh! Thanks jhur

Our ice prince is the new Mc of music bank

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by descarado: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello all,
I had only loved few historical dramas. Moon embracing the sun abi sun embracing the moon, sung.......scandal and now this lovers of the red sky.
The first two, I go back to sometimes.

Out of curiosity I decided to check out the writer of lovers of the red sky, lo and behold, the same person wrote the three of them.

I need to contact that writer. She knows how to make all these period dramas fun to watch despite the dark plots and twists.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2174) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.