Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (1770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (1965474 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (2174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by descarado: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

I love you too coven mother
How come you love hometown chacha.....
Thought you love dark dramas only.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Ovems(f): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
hpymoment:

Thanks for welcoming me oo cheesy

Any genre will do. I haven seen the K2
Lovestruck In The City
Pinocchio
Because This My First Life
Something About 1%
Doctor Romantic 1&2
Law School
Kill Me Heal Me
My Roommate Is A Gumiho
Monthly House Magazine
Mystic Pop Up Bar
The Devil Judge

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
descarado:

How come you love hometown chacha.....
Thought you love dark dramas only.

I don't only love dark dramas, I love all genres but dark dramas are my favorites lol

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by hpymoment(f): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ovems:

Lovestruck In The City
Pinocchio
Because This My First Life
Something About 1%
Doctor Romantic 1&2
Law School
Kill Me Heal Me
My Roommate Is A Gumiho
Monthly House Magazine
Mystic Pop Up Bar
The Devil Judge
kiss
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by hpymoment(f): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
descarado:

Watch Lovestruck in the city. The male lead was a crazy lunatic in love cheesy

Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2021
Random post : yes yes I know I can get off my lazy butt and perfect my Hangul but I also need Korean's with YouTube channels (especially the ones that are from big agencies) to stop being so lazy and bless us with English subtitles. It's freaking 2021 for God's sake there's all sorts of technology available and they know they have international fans. At this point I just feel it's disrespectful to me how can I be watching better content and understanding by context. I want to be able to understand everything (*cries in French*)

I know shin hye sun has been busy with movies and stuff but can she please come back to dramaland, I miss her a lot sha

P.s : happy birthday to my baby joo won. Love him die, he's so cool

*currently watching*: hometown cha cha cha, lost, encounter
Song of the day : just as usual - exo

3 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2021
#throwbackthursday

I LOVED THIS DRAMA. THE ENDEU

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Who sang it better
Song title : I believe
Artists : joo won (just cos it's his birthday) VS gain
My (hopefully) unbiased opinion : joo won's song is an ost ballad. He's a good singer. I like the song, simple and sweet.

Gain's song is also a nice ost and a ballad.

If I had to score both songs would get 2/5

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2021
Guess the song title without vowels

WW - D

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2021
Guess the drama title without vowels

IHRYRVC

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title without vowels

IHRYRVC

I hear your voice

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

WW - D

Wee wee - D.O grin

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
Guess the movie title

(lol I'm sorry)

YOU ARE A DOMESTICATED ANIMAL THAT IS MINE

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

I hear your voice

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

Wee wee - D.O grin

Wawu! Somebody throw this girl away cos she's 100 shades of wrong

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2021
Guess the drama from the screenshot

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Game time

LEE DA HEE

1. The first drama you saw her in

2. The most recent drama you saw her in

3. Your favorite drama of hers

4. Your favorite character she's played

5. Your favorite drama otp involving her

6. Favorite line/quote she has said in a drama (optional)

7. A character you'd like to see her play

8. A person you'd like to see her paired with in a drama (or in real life lol)

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

WW - D

Hinteu 1 :

W W - D

LOL

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Game time

LEE DA HEE

1. The first drama you saw her in

2. The most recent drama you saw her in

3. Your favorite drama of hers

4. Your favorite character she's played

5. Your favorite drama otp involving her

6. Favorite line/quote she has said in a drama (optional)

7. A character you'd like to see her play

8. A person you'd like to see her paired with in a drama (or in real life lol)

1. Air city

2. Secret love

3. Secret love and I can hear your voice

4. Her character in I can hear your voice

5. Hmmm well she and her ahjussi in air city

7. Even though I was hoping that seo ye Ji would secure her island role by some miracle, da hee has been cast as her replacement and a actually don't mind. She's a great option

8. She's going to be acting with Kim Nam Gil and I think that's cool but I'd like her to act a female-centric drama with Lee da hae just cos their names are similar

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Wawu! Somebody throw this girl away cos she's 100 shades of wrong

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the movie title

(lol I'm sorry)

YOU ARE A DOMESTICATED ANIMAL THAT IS MINE

You are my pet

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Birthdays :

1. Moon Joo Won

2. Kim Jae Young (my heartbeat, pls return to dramaland soon)

3. Kim Min Gwi

4. Gong Min Jung

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

You are my pet

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

WW - D

Dear olodos,

WOO WOO - DIA

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama from the screenshot

Dear olodos,

HOGU'S LOVE

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Random post : on today's episode of this life I can't kee myself, I planned to post a drama special I watched but as usual I'm dead tired so if una no see am today, una go see am some other time

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:58am On Oct 01, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Random post : on today's episode of this life I can't kee myself, I planned to post a drama special I watched but as usual I'm dead tired so if una no see am today, una go see am some other time

LOL so I actually was able to finish this last night and just when I was about to post I remembered I had not watched last week's wild idol, so I dropped this to go watch that and I woke up an hour ago and remembered I forgot to post this. *sigh* my sleep cycle is shi!t tho later I'll be complaining of tiredness. Anyway I'll post it now, it's still going to be a #throwbackthursday on a Friday lol

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:00am On Oct 01, 2021
#throwbackthursday Part 2 (one shot)

Title : SOCIALIZATION - UNDERSTANDING OF DANCE

Main Cast :
Shin do Hyun
Ahn seung kyoon

Channel : kbs
Year: 2019

Fun fact : erm...

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2021
The drama starts with the daily routine of two different people. The boy (ask) wakes up immediately his alarm goes off, works out, does his daily skincare routine, grooms his eyebrows etc his room is neat his clothes are arranged neatly and he has a shelf full of insoles in his wardrobe. He has cool looking pictures of himself on the wall, basically he cares a lot about his appearance.

The girl (sdh) hears her alarm, turns it off and continues sleeping, there are pictures of her and some other people in judo outfits in her room, her dad comes to wake her up then she gets up, writes on her vision board D-110 days till graduation, she checks her weight and is angry with the result, her mom asks her to come for breakfast but she refuses, her dad asks her why she's rejecting breakfast? Her sister asks if she's on a diet and tells her dieting won't make her any shorter (me:omo is she dieting to become short lol is that possible) anyway she's pretty much grumpy.

Apparently ask and sdh attend the same college but are total opposites, she's a loner, she's really tall but she wears unflattering pants and big hoodies, slouching like she's hiding herself and walking alone. She even eats her lunch in the bathroom at school. Ask on the other hand is a social butterfly who stops to greet and chat with almost everyone he meets on the way.

We hear her voice over "someone once said shocking life experiences can change the way you live. 100 more days and I'm out of here"

She's in class sitting alone at the back. Ask comes into the class looking for a place to sit, she sees him and quickly hides her face (me:does she know him or does she have a crush on him?). He looks up, smiles and rushes.. To sit beside another girl (lol I legit thought he was going to meet sdh) he tells the girl noona so you're in this class? She says byeonghyeon how are you (ask's name is byeonghyeon), I'm so relieved you're in this class, I took so much time away from school that I don't know anyone here. Byeonghyeon says that's no problem, you can just hang out with me. What's your schedule like? She shows him her schedule and says it's not good, I just signed up for what I could. He sees that she signed up for ballroom dancing and says this seems like fun, should I sign up for it too? She says would you like to take the class with me? He says yes. Another student comes to them and asks byeonghyeon if he won't make his announcement? Byeonghyeon says oh right, the student sees that byeonghyeon and the noona look close and he goes oohhhh(lol). Byeonghyeon says it's not like that and goes to the front of the class. They are in business management department and he's the class rep for the semester. He introduces himself and everyone claps, as he's introducing himself a boy walks in and everyone greets him politely saying sang Jin hyung/oppa. Byeonghyeon is a bit embarrassed cos no one is paying attention to him, he's asking if they all got the text about the semester meeting but everyone is going about their business while sang Jin goes to sit next to noona, he removes byeonghyeon's bag from the seat and flings it onto another seat at the back, the seat beside sdh(me:wow rude much) and tells noona sorry I'm a bit late, was I too late? Byeonghyeon is angry but tries to overlook it, there's an awkward silence in the class but it passes and noona responds to sang jin's chatting. Byeonghyeon continues his speech saying we'll try to become closer as a department, it's 20 dollars per person... Sang Jin cuts in why so expensive, are you going to pocket some of it? Byeonghyeon says oh sunbaenim maybe in your day people did that but now we don't do that (me:sassy, I like).

A lecturer is in class. Sdh is acting very nervous and awkward because byeonghyeon is sitting next to her but he doesn't even act like anyone is beside him, he's focused on the lecturer and does not notice sdh at all. The lecturer says her class is pretty chill and she doesn't give group assignments or presentations, all she requires is for them to buy the textbook and read, she says she'd like to have a class representative for her course and asks if she can pick someone at random, everyone says yes. She goes through the list of students in her hand and says Han su Ji. Sdh(she's Han su Ji) is so shocked and she literally wants to enter the ground, she bends her face as the lecturer and the other students are wondering who Han su Ji is, they keep looking around asking "who is Han su Ji?". Byeonghyeon notices su Ji hiding, he looks at her textbook and sees where she wrote her name lol, he looks at her wondering why she isn't responding, looks back at her name on the book, she also looks at the book and turns it over lol. The lecturer asks is Han su Ji not in class, byeonghyeon raises up his hand and su Ji freaks out thinking he's about to expose her, she raises her hand to touch him then he says I'll be the course rep, su Ji puts her hand down relieved (me:aigoo why do I find them so cute already). The lecturer laughs at byeonghyeon and says you again (me:he must be a really social person or just an attention seeker).

Su Ji is with her friend at a restaurant and the friend says what, He volunteered to be course rep for you, I thought he was gay? Suji says I'd have preferred it if he was gay but he's not. Friend says then why would he volunteer to be course rep? Suji says I don't know, he didn't even remember me. Friend says yeah probably not, you're like a shadow. Suji shouts ya! Still he should remember, that's how I became an outsider. We hear her voice over "that day 3 years ago was the day I became an outsider.

Flashback to freshman orientation day. The highlight was the couple dance, apparently people are supposed to pair up and dance, the Mc even jokes that a lot of campus couples started from the dance floor. Suji is wearing a nice gown and heels and she's alone as she can't find someone to dance with, she notices byeonghyeon standing alone so she smiles awkwardly and raises her hand slightly to indicate that she'd like to dance with him, he looks towards her nods, walks towards her and walks past her even accidentally hitting her hand to go say hello to his friend (me:Lmao what? I thought he saw her lol), all of a sudden she gets nervous and ends up on the stage alone while everyone else is laughing at her and filming her with their phones while the Mc asks for anyone to volunteer to dance with her.

Back to the restaurant friend says it's true you don't know how to handle situations like that. Suji says forget it, my life as an outsider ends this semester and I'm leaving Korea. Friend says are you really going to study abroad, your parents said it's ok? Suji says they promised that I could go to Netherlands if I graduated early. Friend says you're the only crazy girl who would go study abroad because she's tall, do you even speak the language? Suji says yes. She receives a text message from her department, apparently she is short of 1 credit in liberal arts and will not be able to graduate if she doesn't make up the credit. She shouts what? She runs to register for a liberal arts course that is a credit unit course and the only class left is ballroom dancing, she's told that classes begin at 1pm.

She walks in quietly to the class as she's late. Noona, sang Jin and Byeonghyeon are also in the class, they sit down by noona's side and are basically fawning over her. Byeonghyeon puts his bag to cover noona's leg cos she's wearing a short skirt and sang Jin removes the bag rudely as usual and covers her legs with his shirt (aigoo) Suji just watches them and shakes her head.

The lecturer comes in and does a tap dance, everyone claps. She writes on the board "understanding social dance", she tells them she'll be their guide to the world of ballroom dancing, her name is Toni and she doesn't want anybody to call her professor, just Toni cos they are all students trying to learn about life. She says there's only one goal in her class "social, dance", social but it's not the kind of ballroom dance they're used to,this is dance that helps you form relationships and communicate. I know some of you chose this class cos there are no examinations or assignments (lol sang Jin raises his fist up in agreement). Toni continues its hard to judge communication through examination so this is how you will be graded, you'll put up a formal dance at the school end of semester festival and depending on how good your partnership is you and your partner will receive the same grade. Lol Suji is worried about partnering. Sang Jin asks if they can pick their own partners, Toni says no cos people can pick people they already know, lol everyone goes ohhh, Toni says partners will be assigned at random. By the way we need a course rep, immediately byeonghyeon raises up his hand.

Suji is with her friend at the library where she works part-time, she says I think he just likes being course rep, friend says really? I thought he just felt bad for you and wanted to help. Suji says tell me about it. Byeonghyeon is also at the library trying to get a book from the top shelf but he's short and his hand can't reach, he tries to jump to get the book, he sees a girl laugh at him and he's embarrassed, as he's stretching to try to get the book, Suji stands behind him (being obviously taller) and brings the book down, he turns to collect the book and they are both shocked to see each other. He says it's you again, she says yes, he says so you work part time here... She runs off awkwardly, he's shocked and says OK later.

They are at dance class doing tap. Byeonghyeon is obviously the star of the class, he's really good at tap dancing while Suji is a hot mess, she keeps watching everyone else and doing everything wrong. Toni tells her not to look at other people as it's only making her wobbly. She says dance is all about deciding what direction you want to go, you become your own milestone. Do you know what the worst thing is? People that don't move forward yet don't step back. There is no halfway with dancing. At the end of the class, Toni asks them to pick numbers. The boy and girl that pick the same number will be paired. Byeonghyeon was hoping to pick noona (her name is Mina) but unfortunately sang Jin picks her, he's so happy that he almost hugs her but she moves back shyly, sang Jin chases byeonghyeon to go find his partner. Of course it turns out to be Suji, everyone starts laughing I don't know if it's because she's the tallest person in the room while he's the shortest person or if it's because she's a shy, dry loner who's bad at tap dance while he's Mr popular who's great.

Byeonghyeon goes to meet Toni and asks her if he has to stick to his partner till the festival? She tells him that's the rule. He says I'm worried about my partner. She asks is there a problem? Suji is passing by and overhears as byeonghyeon says my partner is kind of tall for a girl, dancing should look nice, I'm just worried that she's a lot taller than me. Suji says don't worry, I'm going to drop the class, I don't want to be humiliated again because of you. She leaves. Toni tells byeonghyeon I told you in the first class that you'll be graded on partnership. Byeonghyeon asks what if my partner drops out of the class? Toni says partnership lol byeonghyeon runs to catch up with Suji but he can't find her, he says this isn't what I had in mind. Meanwhile Suji sees him but she's hiding.

She gets home, her dad welcomes her cheerfully and wants to carry her but she pushes him away, her mom says stop making us uncomfortable, why are you so dark? Sister says wear some brighter colors, I thought a burglar was in our house(lol) Suji wants to go into her room but her dad stops her and asks her to join them in eating fruits. She reluctantly sits and starts eating, her sister says you sure can eat no wonder you don't lose weight (me:but she's not even fat WTF) dad says Suji does not need to lose any weight, she's all skin and bones. Her mom hits her elder sister and says have you taken your calcium, it's expensive and I bought it for you, she gives her a tablet with water, Suji asks what about me? Mom says you're big boned, you don't need it, I'll make you anchovies later, eat that. Suji says so big boned people don't need calcium? Mom says it's expensive. Sister says just give her, maybe she wants to grow to 180cm. Suji says give me one, mom says no, she asks why can't I have 1, mom says it's expensive, she screams give me 1! She gets up and starts dragging the container of the medicine from her mom shouting give me 1, she succeeds in getting the container and starts pouring the pills into her mouth, everyone screams and goes to stop her from swallowing the pills, she shouts why can't I have 1, do you think I wanted to be born this way, Shouldn't you take my side since you're my family? Always criticizing my clothes and my height, I always slouch at school, you think my life's easy? I'm so sick of this. She goes into her room and slams the door.

The next day at school byeonghyeon is searching for Suji, he asks through all the group chats he's in if anyone takes classes with her, no one in the group chats even know who she is (lol aigoo). As he's searching for her he meets Mina and she says she's going for lunch and asks him if he's had lunch, he says no and asks if he can join her, she says yes.

They get to a restaurant and apparently you have to take off your shoes to go in, he's nervous to take his off cos he put at least 3 insoles in his shoes (lol eeyah) she wonders why he's wasting time then sang Jin and a friend walk into the restaurant, sang Jin says you two came together? I didn't know you were friends (me:really?lewl), Mina says we met each other on the road and decided to come together. Sang Jin and his friend take off their shoes to enter and byeonghyeon is more embarrassed he gives an excuse saying he forgot he had an appointment, he apologizes to Mina and runs off *sigh*

He's sitting at a lounge looking at his heel which is bleeding and says to himself I can't keep living like this (me:wow I didn't know insoles hurt people's feet but then again he's wearing 3 so..) his friends come to ask him why he didn't come to practice and he quickly wears his shoes and says he's not feeling too well. He asks if they know Han Suji, they ask is she hot? He says I'm serious do you know her? She's in our department and she's really tall. One of them says do you mean the girl that disappeared at orientation? Byeonghyeon is confused, friend goes online to get the video of her alone on the stage and people laughing at her, the other friend says is that video still around, I thought she dropped out of school, I never saw her after that day. The other friend says have you seen the comments, would you continue to attend school after that? The other friend says byeonghyeon dragged me onto the stage so he could show off what he prepared. The other friend says I wonder what happened to this girl after that day.

Byeonghyeon is walking home, he remembers Suji telling him that she didn't want to be embarrassed by him again, he realizes she was talking about the orientation day, he sees her walking home with a bag of rice puffs on the other side of the road, he notices that there's a hole in the bag and the rice puffs keeps falling out, he crosses the road gets another bag and starts picking them up following her trail. After a while she notices the hole in the bag and is surprised, she turns back to look at the floor for the rice puffs and sees byeonghyeon bending to pick them up for her. She says what are you doing here? He says your rice puffs, you dropped some. She ignores him and continues walking, he says I wanted to show them something, I wasn't trying to humiliate you, she turns to look at him. He says for the couple dance at orientation, I just wanted to show everyone this dance I practiced with a boy from the dance club its not that I disliked you. She says that's unrelated to what happened earlier, he says earlier I was trying to make up for it. She says because I'm too tall to be your partner? He says no its not that... He removes his shoes, she's confused, then he removes all of his insoles, 6 of them (wow) and says it's because I'm too short to be your male partner. I'm sorry, you looked so upset. She says it's OK, wear your shoes and go home. He tells her to hold on, he brings out a bandaid and patches the hole on her bag of rice puffs. She says I won't do it, he says please we have to do it together, she says I won't drop the class. He says oh great, I'll see you in class. Thank... She walks away saying don't thank me, I have to graduate early. He says huh, graduate early? She smiles and says see you tomorrow, he smiles and says OK by the way we're age mates, let's speak casually, she just continues going.

At swing class Toni keeps correcting Suji and byeonghyeon, every other person is doing well especially Mina and sang jin. Toni keeps telling Suji and byeonghyeon to focus on each other but they're not getting it right plus the height difference is a problem and Suji falls down.

She's eating lunch in the bathroom wondering when they'll get their moves right.

He's outside dancing and he says to himself, I can do it alone how come I can't do it with her. Sang Jin walks up to him and says why are you so hung up on that dance class it was embarrassing to watch just drop it. Byeonghyeon says I'm a pretty good dancer but it's just been a while. Sang jin laughs saying well your partner is pretty huge, I thought she was a basketball player or maybe she is. Try asking her next time. Byeonghyeon wants to caution him but sang jin's phone rings, as he brings it out of his pocket to answer, a card falls out but he doesn't notice, it's Mina calling and he rushes off to meet her. Byeonghyeon says that jerk and notices the card on the floor, he
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 5:16am On Oct 01, 2021
picks it up and looks surprised.

As Suji is eating in the bathroom she hears a knock but is too shy and embarrassed to open the door. it's Mina knocking as the door doesn't open she gets scared that something bad must have happened to the person inside so she runs to call the cleaner to open the door, a small crowd gathers and they are surprised to see that Suji is eating there. she is even more embarrassed. The cleaner tells her to stop eating there and everyone goes about their business. Mina apologizes and says she thought something bad happened, Suji says it's OK but Mina says I feel terrible, how about I help you with your dancing, I notice you struggle in class, it must not be easy dancing with byeonghyeon cos he's kind of short. Suji eyes her and Mina says it's OK it's just us girls talking. Suji says no byeonghyeon is not short and I'm not struggling because of his height, it's because this is my first time, anyway thank you for worrying about me. She leaves (me:good girl).

She's practicing tap dancing at home when she gets a text message from byeonghyeon asking what she's doing. They go tap dance shoe shopping and it's just a series of embarrassing things like byeonghyeon wishing the heel on his shoe was higher, Suji being so much taller than him when she wore her shoes and them figuring out they wear the same size of shoes lol

The next day before class, Suji remembers her friend telling her beer can help make her less nervous so she drinks a can before class. during class she's livelier, byeonghyeon tells her she seems different but she just continues smiling, he starts perceiving the alcohol and asks if she drank lol she accidentally steps on him and says I only drank one can, I was feeling a bit tense, I wanted to do well in today's class. Byeonghyeon says OK let's do the next move which involves a lift, she says OK he tries to lift her but they both fall down. Toni asks them who told you to practice this move already? Sang Jin brings out his phone to film them while others laugh. Suji is embarrassed, Toni asks are you drunk? She tries to run out of the class but she vomits all over the floor (aigoo). She's walking past a pool angrily and byeonghyeon is running after her asking her to wait. She screams leave me alone, I shouldn't have done this, I should have dropped the class, it's not like it's going to do me any good. He says I'm sorry, I shouldn't have.. She cuts in its embarrassing, it's embarrassing everytime your arm hurts, it's embarrassing to practice in a corner, it's embarrassing enough for me so.. He says you're embarrassed? Yeah you're embarrassing because you always run away. You know this is all because of me, you can't wear high heels, you slouch all the time, my face?.. Yeah even that's my fault but I want to do well. I don't want to lose to the people laughing at us. How about you? Her stomach rumbles, she moves back slowly and starts to leave, he says what's the matter? She turns back and says my stomach, he says does your stomach hurt? She says no I.. The stomach rumbles again, he tries to go close to her but she moves backwards and falls into the pool. Lol byeonghyeon says darn partnership and dives into the pool to rescue her.

They sit by the swimming pool eating, byeonghyeon watches in amazement as she's literally swallowing her food, apparently she had been starving herself eating only a diet of fruits and salads for lunch. He says why would you drink beer on an empty stomach, do you always starve yourself? She replies basically, I eat in the bathroom sometimes. He says what, bathroom? She says I feel like everyone's watching me like look at her she's an outsider. He asks is that why you want to graduate early? She says "why is my life always like this", have you ever had that thought? I thought I'd be free to do whatever I wanted in college but now I'm kind of scared that I'll live my entire life cautiously as I do now. He calls out his phone number and asks her to memorize it for now since her phone is wet. Call me whenever you want to eat, don't starve yourself and stop eating in the bathroom, your parents would be heartbroken if they found out. She asks him to join her in eating, he says he doesn't like milk, she asks why? I got tall drinking milk (me:is that why I'm not tall, I've never really been into milk, I don't even like yogurt hmm lol). She takes him to her practice room he sees all of her pictures and trophies, apparently she had been doing judo since elementary school, he asks why she quit and she says because the boys kept saying I only win because I was big. Byeonghyeon says you're not big, she's touched. She asks when did you start dancing, when you were a kid? He says no I started after high school. She asks why? Gosh I've never even thought about dancing in my life. He says I don't know, I just did. At first I started to show off to others but dancing made me see myself instead, that's the only time when I feel like I'm my own master. She says I feel like dying when I dance, it feels like I'm running around naked. He puts on music and starts dancing silly, she asks what he's doing and then starts laughing, he drags her to join him, she doesn't want to, he tells her to close her eyes and just dance, she asks are you nuts? He says it's hard to start, but once you start it's so easy. She says she'll do it if he agrees to close his eyes and not look at her, he agrees and they both start jumping around to the music with their eyes closed. Of course he opens his eyes and is happy to see her dancing happily (I think this is the first time I've seen her smile since the beginning of the drama).

We see many scenes of them practicing together, separately, having fun etc they have become good friends.

They perform at class and everyone claps. Toni says they've improved a lot, she says it must have been hard for you two cos real dancing only comes out when you are out of energy.

On their way home byeonghyeon suggests they pull an all nighter practicing. Suji says I don't think that will make us better. He asks then what will? She says isn't it obvious? Being the right height. He says not this again, she says just accept the reality lol he asks her to climb his back that he's going to give her a piggyback ride, after resisting she gets on his back but suddenly wants to come down saying she's too heavy they both fall down lol

At home (me:oh she's no more wearing all black clothes awwnn) she asks her elder sister to borrow her some clothes, everyone is surprised. Sister says for what? Mom hits sister and says give her some clothes, sister grumbles "she'll stretch them out", mom shouts at sister to give her the clothes lol

Awwnn apparently it's her birthday and byeonghyeon invited her to go watch a performance with him that's why she needed a gown from her sister (so cute).

Uh oh, byeonghyeon is late to meet up with her, we see him standing with a gift for her on the road looking at 3 boys. Flashback to high school, his real name is byeongjin and he was bullied cos of his stature and those 3 boys were his bullies. They used to beat him and force feed him milk to grow taller (oh that's why he doesn't like milk). Back to the present, the boys haven't noticed him yet so he starts to move back slowly, unfortunately he hits sang Jin and quickly apologizes but the bullies hear the commotion and look towards them, they recognize him. Byeonghyeon runs away, sang Jin is confused. The bullies say isn't that byeongjin? They start to run after him calling byeongjin, sang Jin says no that's byeonghyeon. The bullies say we went to the same school, he's byeongjin. They all go running after him but byeonghyeon is hiding beside a dumpster (awwnn).

He misses the appointment and goes to drop her birthday gift at her practice room. Her dad comes in and says oh weren't you two supposed to meet today? Byeonghyeon says something came up, dad says I'll go get Suji, you two can practice your dancing. He asks the dad (who's a judo teacher BTW) to help him practice lifts cos he'd like to lift Suji during their dance. Dad asks do you work out? Byeonghyeon says yes I go to the gym and work out at home. Dad says no, something you need 2 people for, like judo or wrestling. Byeonghyeon says no I've never. Dad says hmm there's only 1 solution but its going to be hard. Byeonghyeon says I'm ready to do whatever... Dad throws him on the floor judo style, tells him to get and continues throwing him asking him to resist and hold his ground. He tells him the most important thing in lifting someone is knowing your own weight and you'll only learn that if you use all your strength to hold your position. He asks him to go home as he can't find Suji. Byeonghyeon waits outside their house for her. She comes back from the performance (awwnn she even wears light makeup) she asks him why he didn't turn up? He says sorry, she says why didn't you show up? So you're the one that was embarrassed of me. She goes in.

she's sad and her dad is trying to cheer her up by dancing with her. He says he's a lot like you. She says he and I are totally different, he's cheerful and he tries his best at everything and he gets along with everyone. Dad says so are there a bunch of tall boys at Netherlands? She says of course, they are the tallest humans, if I go there I'd be average height. Dad says what if you two dance differently, there's no right answer to dancing, it just becomes your own unique dance. She looks at the gift byeonghyeon got her, it's a glass dreamcatcher with the image of a boy and girl dancing and a note that says happy birthday partner.

After a few days, he texts her and asks her to meet him at the snack bar, he wants to tell her everything. She goes (awwnn she's dressed nicely). As he's waiting for her, his friends come to show him a video sang Jin posted, the video of her falling and vomiting in class, the friends are laughing but byeonghyeon is angry. Suji comes in at that moment and the friends leave. Byeonghyeon goes to her and takes her to a table asking what she'll drink (I think he works part time at the snack bar) as they're talking sang Jin comes, stands next to byeonghyeon, puts a hand on his shoulder and says he'd like a table for 3. Byeonghyeon obviously uncomfortable says there are no tables right now so he'd have to wait, sang Jin says hey there must be something you can do, by the way did you get shorter? He sits next to suji and says can I sit with you guys. byeonghyeon says I don't think so, you have to apologize to Suji first, Suji is surprised, sang Jin says apologize for what? Byeonghyeon says hyung you posted a video of Suji online, did you even ask for her permission?. Sang Jin says why do I need her permission to post something on my account? Byeonghyeon says really? OK. He brings out his phone and uploads a picture of the card that fell from sang Jin online and sends the video to everyone, all phones receive the notification and everyone looks apparently its his ID and he had been lying about his age, he's much older than he claims to be. Sang Jin says ya! Byeonghyeon says don't worry the card is with security. Suji gets up and says she wants to leave but byeonghyeon tells her to sit cos she's done nothing wrong. Sang Jin says oh look here's your best friend, cheolho hi, cheolho turns out to be the ringleader of the bullies and byeonghyeon is instantly nervous. Sang Jin says you know cheolho right? We were in the army together. Cheolho says long time no see, you've changed a lot but your height is still the same byeongjin. Oh his name is originally byeongjin and he was a total outcast in school, he even dropped out, wow you totally changed your identity, you even lied about your age too, you're a year older. You saw me right, the other day near the theater, Suji realizes they were talking about her birthday. Sang Jin says you ran into me and just left. Cheolho says anyway it's nice to see you byeongjin, he puts him in a chokehold and says isn't it nice to see me? Byeonghyeon removes his hand and makes a fist, cheolho says wow you're a tough guy now, in the past you couldn't even look me in the eye isn't that right? Byeonghyeon just keeps glaring at him. Cheolho says ya! Answer me, he slaps him won't you still answer me. Sang Jin laughs and tells cheolho to leave him alone. Cheolho slaps him again and says answer me, you little punk, he raises his hand to hit him again and Suji grabs the hand and throws him on the floor judo style. Everyone is shocked. She says is this fun to you, you freaking psychopath? You're just a bully, you should be ashamed of yourself. She grabs byeonghyeon's hand and walks away with him.

They're standing by the roadside, she says we put a lot of effort into our dance but it's still uncomfortable, I don't think it's our fault. That judo throw earlier do you know the basics behind it, charging in. Don't ever avoid the person, you have to charge in to be able to lift the person. You'll never win if you avoid it. Let's trade places, I'll hold you like the boy, you put your hands on my shoulder like the girl, partnership. Isn't it more comfortable?. He nods and starts crying, she tears up too and says it's not our fault, byeonghyeon it's not your fault.

It's the festival day, for some reason Mina and sang Jin are removed from the list. People perform and when it's time for Suji and byeonghyeon, they are so nervous. Suji's family and friends from judo are all there. A student sees them on stage and says they look like the hobbit and a troll, one of the judo guys hit him and he keeps quiet lol Suji's dad wants to fight him.

They do their dance, it's beautiful. Everyone claps they go backstage and cry their eyes out. The endeu

We see an epilogue of them practicing for a competition they entered together.

I would rate this 8/10

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT

1. Lol everything, first of all the 2 main leads were played by 2 of my favorite babies so there's that and even Mina was played by one of my favorites from heart signal season 1, she later annoyed me in that show sha just as she's annoying here lol

2. I like how they portrayed lack of self esteem, bullying and how it affects people, it was interesting to me how Suji hid herself more due to the bullying she experienced, while byeonghyeon tried to improve himself and overcompensate, both methods were coping mechanisms but it never really fixed the root of the problem. It was also interesting to see how what we do affect people even when we've forgotten we ever did it. Just because of what happened on orientation day Suji spent 3 years being an outsider and the funny thing was none of the people who laughed at her that day remembered her or what happened, they had moved on but she was still stuck with the hurt. Also loved that they showed the role of family in bodyshaming, I feel like it's a very common thing and I know it's not even done out of malice but we tend to call our loved ones by nicknames based on their height, weight or stature, we might think it's just play or banter but we really don't know how it's affecting the other person. I have done my own fair share of stomach shaming my sister lol (she do be waking up at 11pm to eat Eba tho and her stomach be looking like 3 months pregnancy sometimes) and I've also had extended family members make fun of the fact that I don't ever add weight but I'm glad I learned early and I'm proud to say I haven't talked smack about any member of my family's look for years now in fact I'm like the police around my house, you can't bodyshame anyone close to me, I will bite you lol.

So just like the last drama special, watching this drama gave me a little bit of "just dance" vibes and there were a lot of coincidences like shin do Hyun who is lead here played one of the leads in just dance, they are both kbs dramas about the power of dance, do Hyun's mom here is the mom of the main lead in just dance, do Hyun's character in just dance also had a background in judo but she quit because she kept failing matches and there was also the case of a boy doing the girl part of a dance routine in just dance he even wore a dress and makeup lol so I checked to see if it was the same writer and lol totally different writers, I'm now like wait! What? Really? Wow lol

3. The part where they cried backstage after performing, at first I didn't get it, I thought they were crying tears of joy for giving a wonderful performance but I later realized no, it was because they literally went to war with themselves, their insecurities and self doubt and they came out victorious. They had to overcome a lot to be able to perform and I just loved it

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

1. Well... So it's not really necessary but I would have liked a bit more romance, I know they got to like each other as more than friends but the drama didn't explore that, I honestly don't think romance is necessary in this drama cos the message was passed beautifully and them being friends works out just fine but the hopeless romantic in me wanted more cos they did have chemistry even with the height difference.

2. I wish we knew why Mina and sang Jin didn't perform. They were initially the best in the class, did they fight? Did they fail the class? Did they drop out? We don't know

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2021
The posters for melancholia is out and I'm loving how simple it looks plus Lee do Hyun and im soo Jung look good in the photos. Now because I know it's a teacher-student drama, I expected to see do Hyun in uniform but he's wearing normal clothes and now I'm like so is he not a student or are they trying to reduce netizens criticism by putting him in normal clothes. I know a lot of people are already saying they won't watch it because teacher-student romance is illegal, immoral and wrong but I honestly don't mind as long as the drama teaches the right lessons, I'm down to watch it after all we have to see people make terrible choices and watch how it affects their lives. Anyway we are not even sure if it's going to be a romance drama, the writer might totally shock us and it will end up being like school 2013 lol when I started that drama I totally thought Jong suk and Jang nara would be a thing but all she did was be a great teacher so.....

P.s : happy birthday to my faves Kim sun ah and Kam woo Sung ahjussi

*currently watching* : hometown cha cha cha, lost, Encounter
Song of the day : bicycle - Chung ha (I feel like this is probably my least favorite chungha title track, I'm all for her exploring different styles but this just screams try hard Ariana to me, I enjoy her Dua lipa influenced work cos it feels natural but this one sounds inauthentic to me. Noah fence chungha baby, I still love you)

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2021
Who sang it better
Song title : same
Artists : song Ji eun & sung hoon VS hello venus
My (hopefully) unbiased opinion : song Ji eun and Sung hoon's song is an ost. Simple, sweet, started a bit meh but got better as her voice got stronger. Their voices sound beautiful together tho even though he didn't have much to do in the song just some backing vocals here and there

Hello venus's is typical girl group pop rnb, nice vocals, nice rap but nothing really special

If I had to score song ji eun and sung hoon would get 3/5 and hello venus 2.8/5. It would be 2 but I like the pre-bridge and bridge section

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (2174) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.