Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

What's Next After POP? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Next After POP? (681 Views)

Going Back To My Parent's After POP / What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? / Things Corpers Should Do After POP. (2) (3) (4)

(1)

What's Next After POP? by reward23(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Yepee! Its POP today,isn't it? Was wondering what would be going through your minds and thought I should share this.
For some of y'all it's a feeling of nervousness mixed with fear while for some its sheer joy and relief from the shackels of NYSC. Funny enough all these feelings boil down to how you spent your service year,the last 12 months of your life basically. So the question on everyone's lips should be; WHAT NEXT? Reality must have set in one way or the other. No more allowee. What seemed like peanuts a while ago would be needed so dearly now. You had better plan how to spend the last one wisely.
Back to our main question, WHAT NEXT? A job, masters, business, trade... The sad reality is that quite a number of "good to go" corpers are clueless about the answer to the above asked question. Most spent service year flexing, partying/clubbing, working at their ppa's, "chopping space"etc without really adding value to themselves. A friend of mine calls it building capacity.
The truth is that 90% of you guys won't get jobs (no be curse ooo,lolz) unless you create (for the entrepreneurs) them because there are really no jobs out there. You might be wondering,what the heck is wrong with this guy sef but the truth hurts sometimes. There are thousands of unemployed graduates out there and the numbers will only increase with you guys passing out soon. So what's the way forward?
This article would be strictly for job seekers,I would deal with that of masters (Msc) and the likes at susbequents editions.
Firstly, get a functioning email address. Sound ridiculous right? Its 2013 afterall. I took a survey a while back at my ppa which I would like to keep anonymous for now and discovered that some corpers didn't have a "functioning" email address. Mark the word "functioning". I won't bore you with the details just open an email account. Yahoo or gmail preferably would serve and please be formal about the names you choose for the account. Your first name and surname alone would serve. Shows your professionalism. Secondly, subscribe to job forums. We are blessed with social media these days. You don't have to buy newspapers to check for job adverts before you can apply. Just google: "nigerian jobs for recent graduates", many links should pop out. Click on as many as you can,register or subscribe with your email address. The jobs forums would notify you anytime there's an opening.
Lastly,apply! Sounds lame but some people really don't know how to. I don't need to need to tell you that you need an updated cv/resume for this. I won't bore you with details either. Just send me a mail, daviesreward13@gmail.com to request for a model cv which I'll give freely. Yea,it costs absofreakinglutely nothing. You can also follow me on twitter ;@daviesreward to reuest for the cv. All you have to do is just edit it to your taste. Then voila, you can applyy for whatsoever job you deem fit. Preferrably graduate trainee jobs for now. I'll be writing on the next phase soon.
Thanks

You can visit my blog www.daviesreward..com

1 Like

Re: What's Next After POP? by wisehuman156(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
You are on point! Front page pls!!!
Re: What's Next After POP? by yokiti: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2013

(1)

281 Fake Nysc Members Sacked From Camp / House Of Reps Suspends Nysc N4000 Fee For Call Up Letter Collection Online / General Inquiry About NYSC And How To Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.