Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? (2278 Views)

Is The Real. , not obasanjo or tinubu or tin / Buhari's Win, Who Owns The Kudos? Obasanjo Or Tinubu? / Who's Better As A President? Obasanjo Or Goodluck? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by ademocrat(m): 2:42am On Jul 02, 2008
Yes happy Nigerians, please this is my own feeling. I think Obasanjo's government is better because is it the EFCC that you want to compare, during OBJ's time, we complained that he was using it against enemies, but one question is where the so called enemies corrupt or not but now it seems Yardua doze not have enemies infact Ibori, Kalu, Odili are all his friends. Then ICPC could bark not bite but now they can not even whisper. EFCC ca not even talk. All the probes that they are doing, please what is coming out of it? Now we produce half of the megawatt we produced in the last administration, his government is all full of Northerners. Please nobody should say he is just starting because he has spent a year and we can not compare Nigeria when OBJ took over and now, at least we did not have a judiciary then, but we now have an Anodoaka It is only God that will save us. rule of law that is helping the BIG THIEVES.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Topsido(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2008
OBJ os far better, more intelligent and more charismatic
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Sara1981(f): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2008
You are so right
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Abagworo(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2008
As far as i'm concerned both leaders lack ideas.Obj has an edge though.Yar'Adua's dull nature has attained a legendary status.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by abdurrazaq(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2008
Yesterday will always be praised over today. Yar'Adua with his first year in office is not worthy of comparing with OBJ. Not that Obasanjo was a SAINT in his time but, the fact that Yar'Adua has done nothing to really prove to us his competency is pathetic. embarassed sad
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by gregg2: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2008
Obasajo's govt was far better. Yardua's is dull, no spark.
Obasanjo gathered some good heads around him who strived to excel.
Yardua only has a bunch of notherners around him.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by DisGuy: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2008
cant really remember what OBJs first year was like, his second term was more noticeable!
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2008
It isn't about how you start, but how you end.
This is a complete insult.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2008
What sense does it make to praise a soccer team that scores 2 goals during the first half, then turns around and allows 12 goals against the team at the end of the match?
It makes no sense.

YarA'dua is still in the game, anything can happen. Lets allow this man to do his job.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2008
Abacha did not get to finish what he started either; he got a red card.
Therefore, it still inaccurate to conclude whether Abacha was better or not.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Lady2(f): 2:51am On Jul 04, 2008
LOLOLOLOL

Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

So now that Yar'Adua has "disappointed" us, I guess we should run back to OBJ because he was better.

LOLOLOL

RUBBISH
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Nigeria17: 3:11am On Jul 04, 2008
I would say Obasanjo, but Yar Adua can do better, he still have time to do better. Look Like I alway say, President Yar Adua problem is his ministers and advisers. During the Obasanjo govt he gave some of us , the chance to bear our mind. some of his project were idea from those of us abroad. That what Yar Adua need to do. Those of us abroad have better international exposure than Nigerian in nigeria. Let me give you an example, When President Yar adua said he needed someone who could invest 51% in transcorp. And I did an interview with senator Ayo Arise. I found an investor who wanted to take over the share, but the man kept on calling, but I had to decided not to get involve because of the way President Yar Adua ministers were taken back govt companies. it would be called a scam over here , if that happened.

Is not that people are not interested in Nigerian, but they can , but with President Yar Adua govt altitude at the moment , it is impossible. He does not need northerner to run his govt, all he needs is good people. He  need input from Nigerian abroad , we have seen how the international business is run. It took one woman Iweala based on her knowledge of international economy to cancel nigerian debt. Imagine what Nigeria would gain if President Yar Adua tap to the network of nigerian international. Obasanjo had a network that he use abroad. I know some of them. They use to look for investor for president Obasanjo govt. Yar Adua need to use that same network. He need at least 6 nigerian abroad as part of his ministers. Not 419 er abroad. Nigeria has over 1000 prof abroad. more than 3000 PHD holder abroad. More than 1000 engineers. Just my classmate in engineering from the same university in Canada, UK and USA. I can count at least  30 engineers that i graduated with that lives abroad. He has to pick the good one and he would be fine. What he need is how the developed world is doing thing. We are living it , and we can do the same when we get to nigeria, if allowed. Nigerian make good money abroad, so it is not the money. I know nigerian who make over $100,000 a year. An average prof makes above $80,000. Some nigerian doctors makes above $200,000. Some live in big houses. So how much would money those people go want eat  

He need young nigerian, who can run with a vision. Obasanjo had El Rufia, Nuru Ribadu, Nwoke, Iweala, Ewilielize what ever that woman name his.  Yar Adua needs his own ""dream team"" like this. Smart, sharpe young nigerian, to turn around the economy. not old school. I heard Lukumon, does not want private investment in the power sector. That is an old school idea. Yar Adua need young fresh   idea.

You see  when you try something over one year, it fails, you try something else. And president Yar Adua have tried his advisers and minister for 1 years.  we all know they have failed. I hear power or NEPA have drop to 900 MW NOW . His he going to wait, till it drop to 100MW and no light for aso rock before he drop that minister. I know president YAr Adua problem, he find it difficult to tell them sorry, I pick someone else. but it most be done. If not Presidnt Yar Adua presidency would be a total failure. And he would not be re elected for a second time. It is between his second time or drop his ministers and advisers. ?

Http://.com
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Nigeria17: 4:24am On Jul 04, 2008
See the passion in Nuru Ribadu eye

http://.com/smf/index.php/topic,11090.new.html#new
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by origina9ja(f): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2008
both complete idot
nor off the above
i think ma hubby will do a betta job grin grin
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by dblock(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2008
Obasanjo if you like due process

Yar'Adua if you like Rule of Law

Obasanjo if you like "Induced Chaos"

Yar'Adua if you like "Chaos created by his dimwittedness "

I think Yar'Adua is slightyly ahead
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by eman4(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2008
There are birds of the same feather.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by McKren(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2008
Big B1:

We know where this is headed, in the twilight of his tenure they will start telling us they saved billions for us and improved virtually no infrastructure.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by buchio7(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2008
it is far too early to compare yar'adua with anybody, give d man time to do wat he plans to do just because he runs a govt in his own style of "no drama" unlike obj who was domineering and outspoken doesnt mean he has failed,

all d issues ppl tend to put at his door step have been dere even while obj,abacha where in power so it may take time to tackle dem,

lets be patient
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2008
We know where this is headed, in the twilight of his tenure they will start telling us they saved billions for us and improved virtually no infrastructure.

Eventhough it's too early to praise or castigate Yar'Adua, but looking at all the mess Ribadu and OBJ created and left behind; I think Yar'Adua is doing a great job.

You can call the man (Yar'Adua) anything you want, but you can not call him a thief.
That alone for me represents a priceless honor and a step towards the right direction,
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Nigeria17: 5:22am On Jul 05, 2008
President Yar Adua does not need people like you, who tell him lies, that all is well, when really it is not. This is the problem with nigerian and nigeria, the raka de de approach, so that you can get favour from Yar Adua. " The truth is bitter, but better for the heart" Yar Adua need people who can tell him you are wrong and give him solution to the problem. People who believe in themself and are independent, people who can carry nigerian along. Men who have vision and can see the future. vision bearers. What has is govt achieve in the last one year, please list.

Why have the stock market gone down,?? why is NEPA nearly 900MW? why are teacher on strike? Do you want me to continue. This tell you some people are not doing thier job. Yes you can blame it on Yar Adua. but the truth is in put inplace people who should do thier job. but have not.

On investment Yar Adua need those people Obama hate . I do not want to call thier name over the internet. To help him get investment to Nigeria. let use the word Network, they do not come cheap, but he need them.

Http://.com

Info@.com
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by McKren(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2008
Big B1:

Big B1:

Eventhough it's too early to praise or castigate Yar'Adua, but looking at all the mess Ribadu and OBJ created and left behind; I think Yar'Adua is doing a great job.

You can call the man (Yar'Adua) anything you want, but you can not call him a thief.
That alone for me represents a priceless honor and a step towards the right direction,

grin grin grin grin
Clown

probably because he has a wife that steals on his behalf
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Mamajama(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2008
As a leader you have 6 to 12 months to make changes and be effective or you will be classified as a failure. Yar Adua is a total failure in my opinion and as for my friend BIG B1 yes we can not call Yar Adua a thief because all his Hausa's general probably transfer some of their stolen wealth to his off shore bank account. grin grin
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2008
probably because he has a wife that steals on his behalf?

we can not call Yar Adua a thief because all his Hausa's general probably transfer some of their stolen wealth to his off shore bank account

Absolutely, no content.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by DisGuy: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
McKren:

grin grin grin grin
Clown

probably because he has a wife that steals on his behalf

what has she stolen? I think she is not doing that bad or perhaps you mean the vice presidents wife?
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Mckren: Yar'Adua is useless because he simply put an end to a complete failure called Ribadu.

@MAMAJAMA: Yar'Adua is a total failure because Ehindero did not get that position with UN and his name is still on the list.

Regardless of the circumstance, Nigerians are built to whine and cry.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2008
his government is all full of Northerners

Do you blame him?
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2008
we can not compare Nigeria when OBJ took over and now,

When OBJ took over, Nigerians for the first time were willing to work together as one and gave him their complete support; (eventhough, he threw it away) but that alone gave OBJ 70% of the points. Therefore, it makes no sense to compare then to now or compare OBJ to Yar'Adua.

And if we still can not see clearly by now that the obstacles that are currently blocking Yar'Adua from effectively and efficiently doing his duties as the president were created and left behind by Ribadu and OBJ, then I do not think we will ever see again.

We, Nigerians tend to quicky pass judgement without profoundly understanding what is on the ground.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by Novacaine(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2008
Obj was a thief and a disappointment while Yaradua just seems to be confused so far its like picking the difference between half a dozen and six
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by McKren(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2008
Its amazing how BigB1 comes to internet forum and call Yaradua admin a  success

Nigerians are shameless.

Here is a President who said he will declare state of Emergency on Energy. He met 1500 MWatt on assuming on office. 12months down the line we have 900 MWatt left. So much for emergency.

We were promised respect for rule of law, rather we have seen our Justice Minister who should have been a custodian of the law engage in more impunity than any justice minister in History.

and the list goes on and on

What is this administration's plan for the future? Tell us what Yaradua's economic policy is??

Look BigB1, go and tell your principals that we live in digital age. Everyone knows the truth.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by cola: 12:14am On Jul 06, 2008
Novacaine:

Obj was a thief and a disappointment while Yaradua just seems to be confused so far its like picking the difference between half a dozen and six

No sir. This is no six and half a dozen.
I'd rather 'seem to be confused' than be 'a thief and a disappointment'.

Someone wrote he couldn't remember what obj did in his first year.
Well I do.

OBJ changed the service chiefs, picked old folks for his first cabinet, made a mantra of anti-corruption, increased the pump price of fuel (?) and junketted around the globe.

I stand corrected.

Now I wouldn't say that was 'action packed' like some folks here would have us believe.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2008
Its amazing how BigB1 comes to internet forum and call Yaradua admin a  success

Nigerians are shameless.

Here is a President who said he will declare state of Emergency on Energy. He met 1500 MWatt on assuming on office. 12months down the line we have 900 MWatt left. So much for emergency.

We were promised respect for rule of law, rather we have seen our Justice Minister who should have been a custodian of the law engage in more impunity than any justice minister in History.

and the list goes on and on

What is this administration's plan for the future? Tell us what Yaradua's economic policy is??

Look BigB1, go and tell your principals that we live in digital age. Everyone knows the truth.
No sir, you think you know the truth, but you're not even close.

It is amusing how Mckren seems to be lost most of the time.

Big b1 has never called Yar'Adua's administration a success. For the record, let me re-post what I said:

That alone for me represents a priceless honor and a step towards the right direction

And if we still can not see clearly by now that the obstacles that are currently blocking Yar'Adua from effectively and efficiently doing his duties as the president were created and left behind by Ribadu and OBJ, then I do not think we will ever see again.

We, Nigerians tend to quickly pass judgement without profoundly understanding what is on the ground

It isn't about how you start, but how you end

@Mckren: Yar'Adua is useless only because he simply put an end to a complete failure called Ribadu.

Any sensible Nigerian who knows one or two things about Nigeria knows that these are simply the facts.

Now Mr. Mckren, you take your message back to your hero and let him know that as long as the sun shines, he will never ever ever come close to power in this life time ever again.
Re: Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? by BigB11(m): 12:52am On Jul 06, 2008
Mr. Mckren: for the record, the topic says "Please Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua"

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Solution To Fuel Crises And Fuel Scarcity? / Yar'adua's Family Of Greed- A Photo Essay / Goodluck Jonathan Daughter Kidnapped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.