Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? (1558 Views)

Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Just surfin through the net and came across several reports that the popular and affordable sachet water a.k.a pure water will soon be banned by the government. I just dont know what to think of this development.
Anyway, i just hope somebody in government woke up this morning and thought today was april 1
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by ChideraFavour(m): 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
This rumur has been lingering on since early this year especially in Benin but I have been wondering what they will benefit if they finally bound this pure water, or is it that denying the less privileges access to afford many commodities is increasing their life span? Just asking o
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by walad4yhu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by redsun(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2013
On what ground are they banning it? For hraltj reason or environmental? Both are essential and should be well regulated for the good of all. Some of those water are just mere untreated well water from contaminated grounds,especially in lagos and they are instant typhoid agents.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Andyblaze: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2013
Wow
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by IGBOSON1: 1:17am On Oct 11, 2013
I think i just head Ochendo in far away Umuahia heaving a sigh of relief!......visits to Aba don't need an umbrella as part of standard protection kit anymore!grin grin grin
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Haywhymido(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2013
Dey won stop d importation of tokunbo cars n nw dey won ban sachet pure water. Must d masses always suffer Which kind government b dis na. Doin dis wil only bring abt more segregation btw d poor n d rich.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Chitexs250(m): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2013

FOOLISH GOVERNMENT
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by ITbomb(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2013
Just ban without providing any alternative , when are we going to have right leaders in the country .
Have they provided portable water for even half the populace ?

1 Like

Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Omen100(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Good morning Nigerians.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Licensed2Kill(m): 7:39am On Oct 11, 2013
ITbomb: Just ban without providing any alternative , when are we going to have right leaders in the country .
Have they provided portable water for even half the populace ?
i wonder what products their brain is made of. Granted some so called "pure" water are not that hygienic buh isnt that what organisations like NAFDAC are for. Why dont they just fizzle out those "pure" water that are not up to the required standard.
I see garri becomin their next victim. Watch this space!
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by godello: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Good move by the fg coz pure water sachet is really an environmental hazard. All nylon should be ban too.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by Segadem(m): 8:07am On Oct 11, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

i wonder what products their brain is made of. Granted some so called "pure" water are not that hygienic buh isnt that what organisations like NAFDAC are for. Why dont they just fizzle out the those "pure" water that are not up to the required standard.
I see garri becomin their next victim. Watch this space!
You have made a valid point BUT the danger of this so called `pure water' pose is far beyond the benefits.However it would have been a welcome development if the government had provided a meaniful alternative before it is ban.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by dridowu: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2013
Ds rumor will continue until thy kingdom come
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by 3ace(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2013
They can't ban it. They know they are the cause of the existence of purewater in the first place and they are not ready to provide an alternative.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by israel007: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2013
if NAFDAC does the right work, we wouldn't be hearing all of this. i have had an opportunity to have worked in a water producing company way back. all the time i was there for one year, no NAFDAC official came for inspection.

if they are truly committed to their task, they should make visits to these companies a habit. taste their water, the environment. and if they must ban, i encourage them to go ahead but the reasonable thing i expected of the govt is to make tap water available and good enough to drink. you ban the sachet water and you encourage them to drink the water from the tap or from well. maybe fg would ban water board and well soon.
Re: Sachet "Pure" Water To Be Banned By January? by lacicrips(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2013
Please do. Those things aren't safe abeg.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP / JE SUIS Nigeria:the Inefficiency Of The Nigerian Government(pix) / Nairalanders Lets Cast Our Presidential Votes Here, B/W PDP And APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.