Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out (4775 Views)

10 Causes Of Cancer Of The Cervix: Rollinggist Dot Com / Causes & Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer (cancer Of The Cervix) / Ca Cervix: St. Mary Joseph's Nodule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by napa: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2013
Hi peeps, I went for hsg recently and during the procedure the doctor found out my cervix was closed and my gynea said with this condition it will be very difficult for me to conceive. Is there anyone that has experienced this before and what was the solution.
Re: Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by doctokwus: 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Either u ddnt get what ur dr sed or u aint putting d msg across well,but a woman who is not about to put to bed,i.e,who is not in labor,is expected to av her cervix closed.I feel u shd get back to ur dr& ask him to explain d findings to u again.
Far as I know d hsg detects d patency(how open) of ur tubes,dat is d 1 sure tin dat can prevent a conception& am guessin dats what u were told d hsg shower
Re: Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2013
@NAPAL......when
ur doctor sed u have a closed cervix,he simply meant a medical problem
knwn as ''UTERINE CERVIX STENOSIS or STRICTURING''......This is a
condition when the UTERINE CERVIX OPENING dat freely allows good flow of
menstruation and sperm is atypical narrowing or narrowed.It causes
frustration for most women because afta doin coitus or intercourse they do experience a constant streaming or pulling of the male sperm.While some,may also experience a corresponding CRYPTOMENORRHOEA or any HAEMATOMETRA complains.....if ur doctor sed u av it....for the problem,it is true..we av such in GYNAECOLOGY....and it is a major cause of FEMALE INFERTILITY.Causes of UTERINE CERVIX STENOSIS varies.....i wish happy recovery and God shall give u babies!

2 Likes

Re: Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by napa: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2013
@lucky-g, thanks for your response. Please is it only through surgery that it can be opened up? Because my gynea said I'll need a major reconstructive surgery and I'm scared. Waiting eagerly for your response.
Re: Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2013
@Napa......The surgical work to be done really depends on the hw stricture ur uterine cervix is....Why say,''MAJOR UTERINE CERVIX RECONSTRUCTION''......do u av UTERINE CERVIX MALFORMATION....as a congenital problem?.......Making a major uterine reconstruction usually goes with women dat ad MULLERIAN DUCT AGENESIS or complete UTERINE CERVIX Malformation.However,der can also be widening of the UTERINE CERVIX without doin any pure major work on it!
Re: Closed Cervix, What Is The Way Out by georgesmedical: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Thanks to the dynamism of medicine, there are now minimal invasive surgical procedures like Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy that can address this issue. Endoscopic surgeries are also known as "keyhole surgeries" leaving you with as little or no scars, no major bleeding and you can be back on your feet very next day or 2 days after an endoscopic surgery. All of these endoscopic procedures are done at George's Memorial Medical Centre, Lekki, Lagos. Please you can like our facebook page "Georges Memorial Medical Centre" and follow us on twitter and instagram @georgesmedical for more info on assisted conception, mother and child related issues.
call Eromina on 08078191629 for more info on IVF and Assisted Conception at GMMC, Lekki, Lagos. Don't mention.

napa:
Hi peeps, I went for hsg recently and during the procedure the doctor found out my cervix was closed and my gynea said with this condition it will be very difficult for me to conceive. Is there anyone that has experienced this before and what was the solution.

(1) (Reply)

Death Certificate / My Experience With Tramadol Capsule .suffering From My Own Act Of Stupidity. / COVID-19 Update For December 23 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.