Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up (15842 Views)

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Jencejyde(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
mikeansy: I personally think Haruna lukman deserves to be called up too, but I can't quite take it as far as saying it is unacceptable

Football is not an individual game, and its also about discipline if Keshi does not believe that Lukman gives anything to his midfield I will trust his judgement because he is the coach.

I have seen this team outplay Ivory Coast and Uruguay in the midfield so I will leave it to Keshi to make the call whether he needs to add anyone to his midfield.

where I think we need new faces is defence. Kenneth Omeruo and Oboabona are very good ball passing Center Backs. Okwuosa and Egwuekwe are NOT. Personally I will replace Okwuosa/Egwuekwe with Joseph Yobo and Dele Adeleye but then again Keshi is the coach and I will rather leave it up to him.

Well said!
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Johndale: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
joseph1013: Not only Haruna, but also Sone Aluko of Hull City.

Personally, I think there are alot of dead weight in this team.

Sunday Mba has not played a competitive club football for about 3 months now, yet he is always invited. Ideye is always on the bench in his club, yet Keshi invites him all the time. Fegor Ogude does not Have business in that team. All those home-based players are just there to make up the numbers, Keshi hardly uses them.

I understand though that changing the core of this team right now is not the best tactic. I however expect Keshi to gradually phase out the dead weight once we've qualified for the world cup.
well said I agree wit U
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by austinebode: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, Haruna lukman- a wonderful player. I really don't understand what shola Ameobi is doing in the team.

3 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by gentlefada(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Syenite:

I can guess u are from that part of Nigeria that is currently experiencing a drought in the Super Eagles. Nothing for u guys for now. We now know the region that has been drawing us back all these while. Super Eagles o ni baje!
for christ sake why must everything be tribalistic...
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Cubeet: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Stephen Keshi knows the kind of players he want in the squad. Not everybody can make that squad. For me, Haruna lukman is not discipline at all, if u do watch his club match(Dynamo kyiev of Ukraine), you will understand.Keshi is looking for players that he can control. Moreso, we have enough midfielders, what we need now is a good defender and good striker. We have a wonderful Goal Keeper
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by FlintGuevara(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.
where have you been all this while...mars?

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by akintun: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna deserves to be in d team.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Cubeet: Stephen Keshi knows the kind of players he want in the squad. Not everybody can make that squad. For me, Haruna lukman is not discipline at all, if u do watch his club match(Dynamo kyiev of Ukraine), you will understand.Keshi is looking for players that he can control. Moreso, we have enough midfielders, what we need now is a good defender and good striker. We have a wonderful Goal Keeper

God knows that we have a wonderful Goal Keeper

me think if we cant even find a Defender Fegor Ogude or Gabriel Rueben should be used in Center Back

the team plays passing game from the back but Azubuike Egwuekwe is usually scared to pass from the back. He tends to baloom the ball upfield all the time
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by striker9(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna ko,Musiliu ni.I prefer Rabiu Ibrahim to him,but he has not been playing first team football regularly.Its up to Keshi,we ve got a great team though.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Bakreez: 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Syenite:

I can guess u are from that part of Nigeria that is currently experiencing a drought in the Super Eagles. Nothing for u guys for now. We now know the region that has been drawing us back all these while. Super Eagles o ni baje!
ore,seems you dont know haruna lukmon,that dude is agege boy whom we were in same class in jss two at keke high school before it was made senior secondary school only,we did our JSCE at Yewa junior high school also in Agege. I later moved to Dairy farm senior secondary school while he graduated in 2005 in Sango High School,same compound with Dairy farm. That dude is popularly called apachey then and speak yoruba like anything. You may as well call me Hausa too if you know my name. Aite laff at your ignorance of who Haruna Lukmon is. Olorun o pa enikan lekun,i never regret facing my studies because i am now a lawyer.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Ninilowo(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
He is a very good midfielder no foubt about that buh he LACKS DISCIPLINE.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Chartey(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna Lukman of the 2007 u17 world cup winning team. I loved this player. If he's playing well i see no reason why he shouldnt be recalled(i think he has a few caps already). Those saying he's not disciplined probably never heard of Cantona or Balotelli. It takes a great coach to manage huge egos. Besides who knows whether he's become a calmer person with age

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Lawalemi(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
That stupid boy that once caused our loss to Germany due to his carelessness. I've hated him since then

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by saintandsinnerz: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
With due respect i will say that Keshi is handling the Super Eagles unprofessionally! There are some players he practically shut the door at without any cogent reason. And again, there are some he keeps inviting who practically does not have any business with the national team. He is very vindictive, hence i wonder why he has refused to invite players like Joseph Yobo, Lukeman Haruna, Sone Aluko, Dele Adeleye etc. These players play regular football for their respective clubs in Europe! The most surprising was him not inviting Yobo in recent times despite the form he has shown in Europe and the Turkish superliga! I will prefer the experience of Yobo over the likes of Egwuekwe, Okwuosa and co. By shutting the door on Yobo as a result of the comment he made is the height of unprofessionalism. Since when did expressing an opinion prevents one from the national team? The truth is that Keshi has biase against some certain players and a soft spot towards some others and that will be anathema to the growth of the national team in future. Let merit be the basis of national team invitation!

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by kingston247: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be calld up.

Guy watin you smoke?.....my best guesses...dry shit and weed...
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by habbyy03: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
says who dat aggressive foooool
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by edi287: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Haruna for me is better than mba and ogu. I guess the only explanation Keshi has for benching him is that Mikel and Onazi are playing in his position. But that doesnt explain why Mba is been picked ahead of him. Keshi probably doesn't like him.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by delepaul(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: I dont think Keshi is serious in handling super eagles team. There are alot of our top players wasting away, the likes of Christian Obodo, Chidi Odia, solomon Okoronko and Pius Ikedia all deserve to be caleld up.
hahahaha yeeeeeh.... Guy, i sure say u ne'er chop before u write this rubbish..very funny ...
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by delepaul(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
kennykool4u:

better get a good phone that has google and stop raped by MTN charges for FB on Nokia 1100
haba...guy u Bleep up...u suppose call d guy 4 back b4 u tell am nw..We know say d guy na learnee
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by yinparc: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Promhize:
Na fight?
U re a big fool! Anu mpama. Even the major players in super eagles right now are Igbos.
You should be ashamed of ur stinking brain.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by edi287: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
saintandsinnerz: With due respect i will say that Keshi is handling the Super Eagles unprofessionally! There are some players he practically shut the door at without any cogent reason. And again, there are some he keeps inviting who practically does not have any business with the national team. He is very vindictive, hence i wonder why he has refused to invite players like Joseph Yobo, Lukeman Haruna, Sone Aluko, Dele Adeleye etc. These players play regular football for their respective clubs in Europe! The most surprising was him not inviting Yobo in recent times despite the form he has shown in Europe and the Turkish superliga! I will prefer the experience of Yobo over the likes of Egwuekwe, Okwuosa and co. By shutting the door on Yobo as a result of the comment he made is the height of unprofessionalism. Since when did expressing an opinion prevents one from the national team? The truth is that Keshi has biase against some certain players and a soft spot towards some others and that will be anathema to the growth of the national team in future. Let merit be the basis of national team invitation!
Okwuosa and Egwuekwe are yet to show me why Keshi picks them over Yobo. Victor Moses, Emenike, Onazi and mikel are the only thing Bailing him out, not Mba or any of these home based players like he's trying to make us believe.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by delepaul(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
gegee: Abeg make una no vex o na who be haruna lukman undecided
ask kennykool4u
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
joseph1013: Not only Haruna, but also Sone Aluko of Hull City.

Personally, I think there are alot of dead weight in this team.

Sunday Mba has not played a competitive club football for about 3 months now, yet he is always invited. Ideye is always on the bench in his club, yet Keshi invites him all the time. Fegor Ogude does not Have business in that team. All those home-based players are just there to make up the numbers, Keshi hardly uses them.

I understand though that changing the core of this team right now is not the best tactic. I however expect Keshi to gradually phase out the dead weight once we've qualified for the world cup.
u messed up ur comment by mentionin sunday mba there.d guy is good,has proven himself..should keshi abandone him simply because he is having some issues? U guyz askd for ujah,babatunde,now una don change am to Haruna abi? NIGERIANs:most difficult people to please.

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by delepaul(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Onazi is playing as a defensive midfielder, Mikel is playing as a center midfielder..we need a fantastic attacking midfielder with good first touches (sunday Mba don't have) and can use both legs (John Ogu don't have) to fill dt position. The Haruna Lukman and Rabiu Ibrahim of 2007 are great for dt position (u choose either of dm).
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Soso990240(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
akintun: Haruna deserves to be in d team.
which team?
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by homody(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
They are all tired legs we don't need them in our squad we need fresh blood.
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by delepaul(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Soso990240: u messed up ur comment by mentionin sunday mba there.d guy is good,has proven himself..should keshi abandone him simply because he is having some issues? U guyz askd for ujah,babatunde,now una don change am to Haruna abi? NIGERIANs:most difficult people to please.
..are u talking abt Ujah, d guy with two left legs
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by hardbody: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Gorrbachev:

The likes of mikel obi, emenike etc refused to be loyal to managers that are not ibo. We now know the region that will refuse to contribute if the boss is not their tribes man.

Strictly speaking, Keshi is not igbo and at any rate, he is from the same tribe as samson siasia. So if the names you mentioned would sabotage Sia one, why would they subjugate to Keshi? And i am using your lop-sided analysis.

Now you sound like the dolt that you are....

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by russianmob27: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Saw the guy in borispol airport on sunday with his agent, very nice simple guy, but this guy no fine for tv but hin fresh up for real life, o boy money good ooo...we been even yan for few mins..best of luck haruna
Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by Emmysteve(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Flint_Guevara: where have you been all this while...mars?
No boss, i just dey mercury .

1 Like

Re: Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up by omajali2003(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
undecided
Not forgeting Jay Jay Okocha and Taribo West. These guys deserve a place in the Eagles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kane Overtakes Aguero, Scores The Most Goals For One Premier League Club / Official : Brown Ideye Joins Tianjin Teda / Egypt To Host 2019 AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.