Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Can A Born Again Study Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Study Law? (615 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Born Again Study Law? by manee2(m): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Am just curious because as a lawyer one Must always lie to win cases. Even though u might be right and offering the truth your opponent might tend to over shadow you with forged facts and lies which might lead you to add more bullets to your own facts thereby including lies.. Can someone help?
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by twogood: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Paul was a great lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Localamos(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Your as assertion that law is synonymous to lying is injurious to the integrity of the profession.
So be careful what you say, How you say, and where you say it, as anything you say can, and will be used against you in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by manee2(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
twogood: Paul was a great lawyer.
I meant in our modern time bro
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by manee2(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Localamos: Your as assertion that law is synonymous to lying is injurious to the integrity of the profession.
So be careful what you say, How you say, and where you say it, as anything you say can, and will be used against you in the court of law.
.. Dude u a lawyer?... Dat was a questn., Bleep whatever that may occur
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Localamos(m): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2013
manee2: .. Dude u a lawyer?... Dat was a questn., Bleep whatever that may occur

"Bleep "? Did I hear (read ) that right?
I thought This post was launched by a (born again ) Christian.
OK … I get it now, the post is nothing more than an idle attempt to keep yourself amused while maintaining a false illusion that you are an innocent Christian seeking knowledge about life.
#This post stinks of mediocrity #
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by manee2(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Localamos:

"Bleep "? Did I hear (read ) that right?
I thought This post was launched by a (born again ) Christian.
OK … I get it now, the post is nothing more than an idle attempt to keep yourself amused while maintaining a false illusion that you are an innocent Christian seeking knowledge about life.
#This post stinks of mediocrity #
maybe u thought wrong, I don't diss though. That was only a question that i needed simple answers from sane humans so let's just shun this idea of exchanging unecessary words.
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Localamos(m): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
manee2: maybe u thought wrong, I don't diss though. That was only a question that i needed simple answers from sane humans so let's just shun this idea of exchanging unecessary words.

Now that we are clear that we want exchange knowledge rather than sentiments, let me give my perception on the position of law and lawyers.

Firstly, let's look at what the Bible has to say about the law:
Luke 16:17 says it is easier for heaven and earth, to pass away, rather than the law(my emphasis ). So, the law MUST be fulfilled.
The Bible recognizes the place of the law. And there should be people to interpret the law. Paul is one of such. He was a lawyer.
1 Tim 1:8-10 says "Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine"
Romans 13:1 also says "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
no you cannot. can two walk together except they be agreed ? the lord has created the laws. studying law means you are admitting to the fact that Gods laws are flawed and you want to partake of man created laws. i believe i have a couple of verses for you

psalms 94 vs 20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, who creates toil under the guise of law?

isaiah 29 vs 16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? <<< by studying law you are agreeing to the fact that God has no understanding when he made the laws for men

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
obadiah777: no you cannot. can two walk together except they be agreed ? the lord has created the laws. studying law means you are admitting to the fact that Gods laws are flawed and you want to partake of man created laws. i believe i have a couple of verses for you

isaiah 94 vs 20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, who creates toil under the guise of law?

isaiah 29 vs 16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? <<< by studying law you are agreeing to the fact that God has no understanding when he made the laws for men

The book of Isaiah has just 66 chapters, its not up to 94 be guided. And a christain can study law.

2.Tim.3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
proevan:

The book of Isaiah has just 66 chapters, its not up to 94 be guided. And a christain can study law.

2.Tim.3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
error. its psalms not isaiah

and a christian can study law but a true man of God will not study law. there is a difference. christianity is a religion. being a true man of God is a calling. the lord chooses who he wants
Re: Can A Born Again Study Law? by tobechi20(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
I used to hold that belief until a barrister told me that it takes a lawyer to inteprete biblical laws without contradiction

(1) (Reply)

Would You Give Your First Earned Million Naira As Tithe? / Threat For Sabbath Observers / A New Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.