Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria (23445 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Missing Episodes Of "Doctor Who" From 1960s Found In A Cupboard In Nigeria / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by HezronLorraine(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nine long-lost episodes of Doctor Who, which have
not been seen since the 1960s, have been recovered
after they were tracked down gathering dust in a
store room in Nigeria.
The discovery will cause much excitement for
devotees of the long-running series, for which there
are dozens of missing episodes dating back to its
early years

Patrick Troughton in Doctor Who: Web Of Fear,
one of nine long-lost episodes of Doctor Who
which have not been seen since the 1960s

The previously lost nine shows were among 11 traced
to a television relay station and the find brings back
to life an entire six-episode story, while another is
almost complete.

Fright: Tina Packer, playing Anne Travers,
being attacked by a yeti in Doctor Who: The
Web Of Fear

The newly found programmes - which introduce the
character of Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart, better
known to audiences as The Brigadier - will be
available on iTunes from today and will later come
out on DVD.
Phillip Morris, the director of Television International
Enterprises Archive, unearthed the programmes by
looking up the records of overseas shipments of
tapes made by the BBC.

The Doctor goes toe-to-toe with a Yeti. The
find will delight Doctor Who's legion of fans
Mr Morris said: 'I remember wiping the dust off the
masking tape on the canisters and my heart missed
a beat as I saw the words Doctor Who. When I read
the story code, I realised I'd found something pretty
special.'

Only one episode of The Enemy Of The World - which
featured Deborah Watling as companion Victoria, and
Frazer Hines, later to find fame in Emmerdale as
Jamie - had remained in the archives, so the addition
of programmes one, two, four, five and six have
completed the story.
Fiona Eastwood, director of consumer products, BBC
Worldwide, said: 'We are thrilled with the recent
discovery of The Web Of Fear and The Enemy Of The
World and we're very happy to be launching re-
mastered versions of these treasured episodes to
fans as we celebrate the 50th year of Doctor Who.'

Treasure trove: The episodes were recovered
after they were tracked down to a store room
in Nigeria, gathering dust

The BBC still had the first edition in the Web Of Fear
story, and the new finds mean only number three is
missing. The tale introduced Nicholas Courtney as
Lethbridge-Stewart, who began with the rank of
Colonel but later became Brigadier.
The missing episode has been recreated using 37
still images which were available and the original
audio which survived.

The Doctor goes toe-to-toe with a Yeti. The
find will delight Doctor Who's legion of fans

Many programmes from the era, along with many
classic shows, disappeared as a result of efforts to
save space. There are still 27 Doctor Who stories
which have not been recovered or for which episodes
are missing.

Days of Future Past: Mary Peach as Astrid in
Doctor Who: The Enemy Of The World

In total, 97 episodes are still unaccounted for.
One episode from both The Enemy of the World and
The Web of Fear were shown at a special BBC event
in London yesterday.
Episode one of The Enemy of the World is said to be
akin to an early James Bond film, with armed villains,
a foreign villain and a scene featuring an exploding
helicopter.
The Web of fear meanwhile sees the Doctor locked in
battle with the Great Intelligence in the tunnels of
the London Underground.

Fear: Deborah and Patrick, the assistants of
Doctor Who

The BBC was even accused of secretly filming at an
Underground station at the time as its sets were
deemed so realistic.
Guests at yesterday's screening included the actors
who played Troughton's Tardis companions, Frazer
Hines and Deborah Watling.
The show celebrates its half-century on November

There are still 27 Doctor Who stories which
have not been recovered or for which episodes
are missing.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453514/Doctor-Who-missing-episodes-1960s-cupboard-Nigeria.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
I love Dr Who!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by lifestyle1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
How the thing take reach 9ja na ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by omonla555: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
I hate Doctor WHo, I dont like the sounds.

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Superbrain(m): 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Great! Can't wait to see them.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by kennykool4u: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
naija sha...we don carry last b4?

5 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by bufness(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kul I quess
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Aba boys. I hail o

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by MAYOWAAK: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
I still have a faint recollection of two of the characters,Harry and Sarah.What kind of genre is the film by the way,horror,science fiction ?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
life_style: How the thing take reach 9ja na ? undecided
If you ask me,na who I go ask?

6 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by afolayanto(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Truly miss this..Can't wait
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by stonemind(f): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
k
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by bufness(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
kennykool4u: naija sha...we don carry last b4?
be like say we kari am 4 d last olympics angry

3 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by daywatcher: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
see how the report did not give details of how it was well preserved by a Nigerian..off course they will not because that will be portraying Nigeria in a good light.

21 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Perhaps they grew wings. undecided
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by arthgideon: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
How did the episodes get to Nigeria
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Kslib(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Abeg Who be Dr Who? sad
All izz well!

2 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by alfredo4u(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
headlines dis days r cheap lik ijèbu GARRI
Signs of end time

2 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Ichel: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Promhize: Aba boys. I hail o

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
daywatcher: see how the report did not give details of how it was well preserved by a Nigerian..off course they will not because that will be portraying Nigeria in a good light.

Common don't be silly......It was found at a TV station where obviously it was aired some time ago...Can't categorically term that preservation
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nehemiah459(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
What is Dr Who?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Pretyangel25(f): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
I like doctor WHO
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by EdDave(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dats cool, I remember a few episodes myself. I prefer it to d present Dr Who.
I v been collecting movies, myself since 2006. Movies that ll become classics in few years to come. Running out of hard drive space now, though. I need to upgrade.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by pri3stess(f): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I still have a faint recollection of two of the characters,Harry and Sarah.What kind of genre is the film by the way,horror,science fiction ?
Is sciFi
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by cycline404(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nehemiah459: What is Dr Who?

Sorry, u re really born in the 20's... Cos that was one of the interesting TV series back then
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by eaglechild: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
Story story.
Where in Nigeria?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
That's my shyte right there.

I didn't know Nigerians were into Dr Who like that.

However, Nigeria needs to keep those classics and exchange them for the Oduduwa head in the British museum! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by victorv12(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
All those crazy British saboteurs! When they're busy dividing the country and exploiting our leaders, this is one of the series they use to ease the day off with... whiskeys and packs of Old Bond cigarette. Crazy imperial bastards!

2 Likes

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Doctor Who, Yay! cheesy But where in Naija was it found and how did it get here?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
The TV station has no name?

Never heard of the show sef.

Old time thing.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
deols: The TV station has no name?

Never heard of the show sef.

Old time thing.

shocked You've never heard of Dr Who? The great Tom Baker!
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
vivacious vivi: Doctor Who, Yay! cheesy But where in Naija was it found and how did it get here?

Probably NTA. cheesy because they were the only tv stations that were in existence then and aired the program.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos) / Tobi Bakre: I Was Supposed To Marry Omotunde Before Entering The BBNaija House / BBNaija: Biggie Issues Ike His Second Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.