Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (72313 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
How can you prove anything when for heaven knows how long you could not type rate on even Q-400, yet you come here and castigate pilots who have accumulated flight hours you will ever dream to accumulate.

It is better to be a FAKE engineer, with good knowledge of the subject field, corroborated by other well knowledgeable engineers than to be an half bake wannabe agricultural Pilot with a brain that think FLAPS generates LIFT cheesy cheesy

Can't wait to show this thread to my colleagues at work on Monday.... cool This would make for morning tea break discuss wink

Yawns

Haha... did you say with good knowledge? grin grin grin

Corroborated what? Haha, I was vindicated by your same engineers who as well as others in the house..

Wannabe FAKE engineer who has no clue, abeg u won't kill us.. THRUST GENERATES LIFT.. grin grin grin

Haha... abegi, let me go onto other news.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1: To even think such a SERIAL Liar frequents the religion section of NL is an amazing contradiction cool

I think it is time to log out off NL, at times it is so shameful that when those not from Nigeria read comments on this forum, they wonder if truly most Nigerians are mofos like yourself.

Cheero NL, till next time.

[size=14pt]Ciao SERIAL LIAR aka Manny4Life[/size]

[size=16pt]You have seen how ridiculous you are, I frequent the religion section? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who's the liar now?

MR THRUST GENERATES LIFT

Answer simple question na, you can't
[/size]
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Nope, not Bristol Uni, why did you ask? Did you attend Bristol University? They are very good with Aeronautical Engineering.

Nah, just asking because I've got a friend that studied Aeronautical Engineering there and he said it's one of the best uni's in the UK for the course. However, it seems it's very difficult to get a job in that field, in the UK. He was unemployed for like 3/4 years after uni before he got a job with the RAF. Then had to resign after a while because according to him, they're racists. I've also got another friend that studied the same course at Herts - graduated 2 yrs ago and he's still unemployed.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Teotihuacan: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omotier should shut up....Thrust doesnt generate lift.Except if you want to launch a Saturn V Rocket into space but for a conventional aircraft with proppellers you need flaps to convert thrust produced by the engine into lift for the Air-plane to take off the runway. Fakeass engineer.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Teotihuacan: Omotier should shut up....Thrust doesnt generate lift.Except if you want to launch a Saturn V Rocket into space but for a conventional aircraft with proppellers you need flaps to convert thrust produced by the engine into lift for the Air-plane to take off the runway. Fakeass engineer.

Abeg o, please stay out of this grin grin grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Mr. Engineer

[size=16pt]Thrust generates lifts...[/size]

But he can't explain

If an airplane looses power in midair flight, going by the theory of thrust generating lift, one would imagine the plane falling to the ground.

Oya explain the theory na, HE CAN'T, meanwhile, he's calling the airplane a "GLIDER". Yet he looks up to others for answers and can't answer simple question. So much for an engineer. cheesy cheesy

Fake asss Engineers everywhere.

Abeg no offense to engineers in the house... cheesy cheesy
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by OmoTier1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, just asking because I've got a friend that studied Aeronautical Engineering there and he said it's one of the best uni's in the UK for the course. However, it seems it's very difficult to get a job in that field, in the UK. He was unemployed for like 3/4 years after uni before he got a job with the RAF. Then had to resign after a while because according to him, they're racists. I've also got another friend that studied the same course at Herts - graduated 2 yrs ago and he's still unemployed.

Bristol Uni is a 'Red Brick' university and their threshold for foreign students is very high. They are very much involved in European research in aviation especially in areas like composite structures.

I would be there with our VP engineering for a paper delivery in two weeks time and I was there a couple of weeks back, such a nice feel being back there with various improvement to their facilities.

As for jobs, no time has the aerospace fared better in South West england than now! The problem is most people major in Aerodynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics, and to be honest, even with a company like ours, very few graduate aeronautical engineers are taken recruited each year into such department and we always go for the 'Talents'.

Last year and early this year, we spent 8 months looking for the best hands to fill two job roles in my departments, and it was a struggle, and now we had to cancel two positions 'cos it cost more to keep advertising them than to reshuffle in-house and get hands to spread afar.

Not sure why your friend struggled to get job, but when I graduated though several years now, after my undergraduate and post graduate, I got job same month and I had to request for extra one month for me to chill and refresh myself before I joined them.

Anyway, hope it goes well for your friend, I am signing off and apology if I do not return your reply. Its Saturday evening you know.... wink Cheers.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Teotihuacan: 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
manny4life:

Abeg o, please stay out of this grin grin grin

Nah because of you o! If not.......am out.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Bristol Uni is a 'Red Brick' university and their threshold for foreign students is very high. They are very much involved in European research in aviation especially in areas like composite structures.

I would be there with our VP engineering for a paper delivery in two weeks time and I was there a couple of weeks back, such a nice feel being back there with various improvement to their facilities.

As for jobs, no time has the aerospace fared better in South West england than now! The problem is most people major in Aerodynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics, and to be honest, even with a company like ours, very few graduate aeronautical engineers are taken recruited each year into such department and we always go for the 'Talents'.

Last year and early this year, we spent 8 months looking for the best hands to fill two job roles in my departments, and it was a struggle, and now we had to cancel two positions 'cos it cost more to keep advertising them than to reshuffle in-house and get hands to spread afar.

Not sure why your friend struggled to get job, but when I graduated though several years now, after my undergraduate and post graduate, I got job same month and I had to request for extra one month for me to chill and refresh myself before I joined them.

Anyway, hope it goes well for your friend, I am signing off and apology if I do not return your reply. Its Saturday evening you know.... wink Cheers.

Thanks for that, brother. He's not an international student - though he was born in naija, he has been here since he was like 5 or something. He's British raised - I would just say he's British. And he's also Edo like you. I honestly don't know why it has been so difficult for him to get a proper job. Finishing from a Red Brick uni and being British should definitely put him in a better space but it seems getting into that industry in the UK is tough.

He has done his masters degree and I think he's planning to move to America or a next country in Europe.

Anyway, have fun and don't get too lean. The feds don't mess about on Saturdays.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Lol, grandpa traveling by Shop like Costa Concordia with some long pipe eh? wink Relax! That is why brains like me were born to make these things happen and make them safe wink

Imagine, years ago, launching a pilotless spacecraft to ISS would be deemed suicidal right? But today, are we not sending cargos to ISS with any man on baord? Our sister company has two modules and more is being designed that would be completely pilotless and with robots that would carry out experimental research wink

Yep that will be me.

There are old pilots and bold pilots but very few old and bold pilots.

Leisurely cruises for me when they remove the jockeys up front.

As an example I just flew the Dreamliner from LOS to IAH, it was an extremely enjoyable flight but I still couldn't stop myself from sniffing for burning battery smell.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by sweetguy10(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
You guys don't get it ? look deep into things happening and this is so glaring . Agagu's ghost can't go without pulling some people with him , that is the way of the strong men. The Pilot was hypnotized to see paradise where destruction resides , he forgot the teachings of whatever years , the experience etc and off he was led to the gallows.

#mysignature

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ojtopsy: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
For d fact dat d craft nosedived wc explained why d back benchers survived baffles me. A plane just taking off can't nosedive. Rather it drops belly first or tail first. So what's happening professionals in da house.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by SenatorJames(m): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

Mr full baked SS2 student. "I guess the pilot had is training in Nigeria" is wrong sir. "his training" should be used instead of "is training".............though you can hide under typo error, the same reason you should not pass judgement on anybody
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Abbey2sam(m): 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
I believe gullible people will believe this poo...

OMG!!!!! Which sane pilot will take off after such warning knowing fully well that after take off there's no remedy..........................

If you believe this poo then it's an act of God after all..............
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tpia5: 2:35am On Oct 13, 2013
^^
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by greatgeo(m): 9:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Why do we Nigeria never have regard for life,we manage everything let do one right for once,if dis sucider had listen to this computer will this has happen? Hmmm
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by fishmakas: 9:39am On Oct 13, 2013
only God will help us all if the pilot no die i for go kill am my self
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by gamechanger1: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2013
@omo tier1, manny4life, donedo, e.t.c. Wow guys that was quite a roll! The rest of us got lost on this thread ages ago. We should have some respect for peoples professions irrespective of wether thrust generates lift or not. Anyway its nice to see that black boxes can be analysed in Nigeria, and also that we have pros like you guys working for some high tech companies out there. We hope that you can all come back home soon and help add some value to our aviation industry
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by olajide8(m): 11:50am On Oct 13, 2013
I love this kind of topic, mehn! these guys, kept me glued to my phone for a whole day, very educational- and very interesting- intellect at play, one person that makes the planes the other that flies them, please in Jesus name the 4 of you omo_tier, donedo, somorin and manny4life, don't come back to nigeria, for now O! Until when meaningful leadership, take power!! Please- those in power here, would make a mess of your brains - Now, with the whole expanciat(ion) and elucidation, its certain some principles apply and some don't apply, the pilot had to judge, firstly I think he had gone to far, and couldn't abort so in my opinion he wanted to take off, and turn back, to check what happened/went wrong with his aircraft- secondly, the on ground engineers okayed, the plane -but somewhere, somehow the plane's, engine gave way, just as the plane took off, in the bid to land, he had to take off, but the aircraft, didn't allow the pilots years of experience, to be appreciated and valued - RIP Capt.,
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikeyman00(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
omo

You Sir need to understand that FLAPs/SLATs are LIFT AUGMENTATION DEVICES hence the reason they are called HIGH LIFT DEVICES and that Lift is generated over a flat plat when air speed is accelerated.

Compressibility of air, hence its affects on pressure density has nothing to do with lift on a referenced surface area, but flaps/slats does augment it wink

haaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

u are such a useless paper engineer

i still wonder the reason a lot of roof hasnt been blown off in ur village ekitti and ibadan

if that its the case then there wouldnt be need to throttle full power for take off

i guess the compressibility from lowering flaps intrude some drag eh; therefore u need full power to overpower all the opposing factor; the energy must be given away somewhere Hence the plane can only travel upwards to allow the compressed air to dissipate

mind u a plane burns high volume of fuel on taking off; but with such a paper engineer like u; u are so confused to get it

and to buttress my point next time u are on board watch closely as the plane nears its cruising height the pilot reduces the power; which u notice when the sound of the engine gone down like a stalling plane; sometimes the sound pressure changes could even block ur ears temporarily

u got no clue at all

so big man can we now go and support our team in Ethiopia
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikeyman00(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
@@

y olajide_07(m): 11:50am

[s]I love this kind of topic, mehn! these guys, kept me glued to my phone for a whole day, very educational- and very interesting- intellect at play, one person that makes the planes the other that flies them, please in Jesus name the 4 of you omo_tier, donedo, somorin and manny4life, don't come back to nigeria, for now O! Until when meaningful leadership, take power!! Please- those in power here, would make a mess of your brains - Now, with the whole expanciat(ion) and elucidation, its certain some principles apply and some don't apply, the pilot had to judge, firstly I think he had gone to far, and couldn't abort so in my opinion he wanted to take off, and turn back, to check what happened/went wrong with his aircraft- secondly, the on ground engineers okayed, the plane -but somewhere, somehow the plane's, engine gave way, just as the plane took off, in the bid to land, he had to take off, but the aircraft, didn't allow the pilots years of experience, to be appreciated and valued - RIP Capt[/s].
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikeyman00(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
OMO

still on it

if thrust cause lift

how does that relate to gliding

tell us without talking to urself
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by olajide8(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
ikeyman00: OMO

still on it

if thrust cause lift

I am just a novice, always wanted to be an aeronautic engineer - but ended up a marketing person, wouldn't mind being given the opportunity to sell one of those aircrafts thou, that's -if given the opportunity- *love the physics of it, as an elementary science student *wink*-
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
ikeyman00: OMO

still on it

if thrust cause lift

A lot has been explained on this thread regarding how glider works. A glider cannot lift off the ground without thrust. Gliding is only possible at a high altitude where the airspeed is enough to induce huge pressure difference in the top and bottom of the wing; thereby creating lift. However, gliders usually have huge wing span to compensate the fact that lift is only coming from the wing.

Moreover, gliders are not meant to stay in air for long, since the range depends on the altitude and airspeed at that altitude. Let's take for example, skydivers or daredevils are actually gliding when they are falling. The high terminal at which they are falling is enough to induce drag, thus helping them to maneuver by using their body as control surface.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikeyman00(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
^^^^ sorry u should be telling omo that not me!

nice doe
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^^ sorry u should be telling omo that not me!

nice doe

I don't need to argue with you, you just have to accept what I said as a fact. Based on what I've observed from the kind of question you ask, you know little on the principle of flight.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tundebj(m): 12:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Ewo, oto oh, let d dead rest. U ppl hav confusd me
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by mavinc4u(f): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God

did the fellow say is the act of God or will of God? Whatever death that would kill one would not allow him/her to heed the advice of others. I think that proves her statement right. When someone drops a bomb, try and read it from all angle before replying to avoid misinterpreting the message cos you might have a different answer from what the messenger had in mine.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikeyman00(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2013
@@@

don

I don't need to argue with you, you just have to accept what I said as a fact. Based on what I've observed from the kind of question you ask, you know little on the principle of flight.

another fake engineer!

wat stops u from reading back the thread; lazy as they come

keep talking to urself

by the way feel free to express ur jargon
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tranxo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
satellitedaisy: Its not only with bomb that terrorists commit suicide. This is exactly why I don't trust anything made-in Nigeria. Poverty make people do anything, provided money is involved
So the plane is made-in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.