Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

The Blame Switch - A Short Story - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blame Switch - A Short Story (8630 Views)

The Blame Game / Who Is To Blame When A Child Has Sex Without Proper Knowledge - Live Debate / Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Mathicks(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
Habidab: No bad feelings too,ride on
lol.... Nice settlement
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Habidab: No bad feelings too,ride on
My guy,my guy...Oya read my story:https://www.nairaland.com/1467567/last-star
You na my guy now o
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by lovingangel(f): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
wow wat an interesting story but Uno do good ooo y u go stop dere... plz d suspense is killing but Kip d gud work rolling
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Mathicks(m): 2:39am On Oct 29, 2013
lovingangel: wow wat an interesting story but Uno do good ooo y u go stop dere... plz d suspense is killing but Kip d gud work rolling
thank you... More coming up ASAP
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Mathicks(m): 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
...CONTINUATION

Thomas became a little suspicious. He looked at Francis and looked at the direction of the beep. Ann had already removed her phone battery and put it inside her purse. She totally forgot she was in a toilet and started inhaling very deeply and fast. She was sweating, her legs were shaky.
The intensity of the suspicion in Thomas increased. He was going to trace that beep and bring whoever it was out. He was getting mad at Francis for deceiving him and leading him on. How would this stupid man deceive a whole me!! He thought. A whole me! his mind refrained.

Some seconds of silence and boiling rage ensued. Thomas was ready to make his move when Benjamin entered through the gate, holding his BlackBerry phone.

He entered with a frown and a huge radiance of confidence. He looked at Thomas, the same way he had looked at the men standing outside.
Just as he approached Francis, his phone beeped. He immediately increased the furiosity of his frown.

''make this man no dey disturb me joh!'' he wailed.
He then extended his hand to Francis. Francis shook it.
Thomas was still static. He was obviously confused and finally came to the conclusion that the beep must have come from Benjamin's phone while he was outside. He thanked God that he had not taken off to start searching Francis' premises again. It would have been a second futile action, that'll bring him a bit of humiliation if he had not found his wife anywhere around.

''Good morning,'' Benjamin said to Thomas.
''Good morning, my friend''
''Hope all is alright?''
''aah, yes, yes, all is alright. I was just about taking my leave before you entered. Hope you dont mind''
''Ahn ahn.. No..no, not at all.''
''Thank you, very much,'' Thomas stretched his hand out to Francis. He took it.
He moved his hand towards Benjamin, and Benjamin also took it.
He turned and took his leave.

Two seconds after Thomas went out the gate, Francis burst out laughing.
''Oboy!! You no go believe wetin just happen.''
''shooo... Yarn me abeg.''
Francis led Benjamin towards the house, briefly forgetting that Ann was in the toilet.

Ann had stopped sweating already. She was now wondering what was going on, because everywhere was silent. She feared that Thomas might have done something to Francis and taken off with the men he brought along.
She felt like checking to see what was happening, but she was still very scared. She looked down and saw her shoes. She looked at her dress, she looked at everything around her. She looked at her life.

''The man just entered like that?''
''yesso! Me sef, i first fear when I see the boys wey hin carry come''
''You suppose even get security man for here''
''security man no go fit do anything here today. I sure say those people carry gun come''
''na true sha. You'll just have to be careful from now on''
''So where the girl come dey now?''
That was when it occured to Francis that Ann was still in the toilet.
Francis burst out laughing.

''Oboy! She fit don suffocate o. She dey toilet''
Francis ran out of the house. Benjamin followed behind him.

1 Like

Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Mathicks(m): 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sorry I couldnt post since morning. No light...lol. I'll post the continuation in some minutes
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Habidab: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
Mathicks: Sorry I couldnt post since morning. No light...lol. I'll post the continuation in some minutes
No problem,Ride on
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Jumizie13(f): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Light never dey?
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
Jumizie13: Light never dey?
You are sitting on a long thing Jumi. The dude is busy thrilling those at the sexuality section with some extreme erotics. I dey vex for am sef. he just left us in the lurch here. Mtcheew.
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by chycoroxie(f): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Mathicks where re thou?
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by ninja4life(m): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Following.no update for us ni.
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by soulminister(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2013
wallahi, this story dey sweet me no be small
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by donkross1(m): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Na jejely person go siddon, una go kan tell about ur story n now dat we r already in love wif d story, u cease to update.
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Aliyuozioma(f): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
hmmmm, wia r u, cum n finish wat u start
Re: The Blame Switch - A Short Story by Galaxdiva(f): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
Haba@mathicks,u no finish d story ni?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) / Price Of Virginity / In Murky Waters (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.