Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

5 Things to Look For In A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things to Look For In A Pastor (445 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend / Don't Look For Deliverance - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things to Look For In A Pastor by jookco(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Opinions : Five things to look for in a pastor

By Jim Daly .October is Clergy Appreciation Month, a time when Christians are encouraged to express gratitude to their pastors, ministers and leaders.But the subject gives rise to a question:What makes a pastor a leader you can trust and follow and ultimately appreciate, not just every October but the other eleven months of the year?I'm sure we all have our "non-negotiable" characteristics.I've come up with a list of five things (based on Scriptures found in Titus and 1 Timothy 3) that I think Christians may want to look for in a pastor. I feel very blessed to know that the pastors I've had the privilege of sitting under through the years all possessed these qualities.

1. Boldly teaches God's Word.

Being a capable public speaker is important, but even more than that, a good pastor is concerned about teaching his congregation solid doctrine. He teaches "all Scripture" – that is, he doesn't skip over the tough or unpopular ve
rses in the Bible. His commitment to truth is evident.
Read more at www.ourlifefaith..com

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Fishers Of Men In Our Churches? / Quote Your Favourite Verse And Tells Us How It Inspire You / Why Is Catholic Service Refer As "Mass"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.