Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (615879 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
slimdel, amefrica, miss bon, baale, pyhz, abeg make una look diz matter

two of my palz got their medical letter on friday but when they got to the hospital, they were told that their name is not online...
That they couldnt download their emedicals... And they dn write cic tire... What cld b wronp... Anybody gone thru diz b4?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lemme understand this, they have their medical request form but the hospital said their names are not in their system , what happened to other clinics?
chrisviral: slimdel, amefrica, miss bon, baale, pyhz, abeg make una look diz matter

two of my palz got their medical letter on friday but when they got to the hospital, they were told that their name is not online...
That they couldnt download their emedicals... And they dn write cic tire... What cld b wronp... Anybody gone thru diz b4?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please don't waste money. If you must write an English poficiency test, it's IELTS. It has a wider coverage and acceptance than TOEFL.
lakusi:

Were u asked to take d IELTS or wat? Cos m jux abt to reg for toefl ooo n cnt imagine doin both at d long run !!! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lakusi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
chichi89: Did your school ask for it? Some canadian schools waive it for Nigerians. Find out but you can just write for the sake of it.

Well dey waived it for d schs av seen ... M jux finkin I shud do it so I cn b on a safer side cos av nt applied to any ... Gotta rily scrutinise dem b4 payin app fee cos av missed dis year I guess ... Wt u fink?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lakusi(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
Jijola: Please don't waste money. If you must write an English poficiency test, it's IELTS. It has a wider coverage and acceptance than TOEFL.

Ok tanx alot bro ... Jux tot I shud do d toefl cos its nt a reqt bt as a backup n I dnt wana go thru d IELTS stress cos I heard its tougher !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ValerieXO: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Jijola: Please don't waste money. If you must write an English poficiency test, it's IELTS. It has a wider coverage and acceptance than TOEFL.
I'm not so sure about that. TOEFL is PREFERRED by 4 out of every 5 institutions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ManTiger(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Amefrica:

No wahala, bro. He can live on campus or home-stay, the ads can also be trusted, he can always stay off-campus and share room with friend(s)..

I ain't going to MUN, I'm for UPEI 'cause of one or two polopolo. wink
Polopolo? How? But you got your study permit with MUN admission letter.
When are u starting your degree prog?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lakusi(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
chichi89: I'm sorry I have no idea

Its actually $180 for d TOEFL test bt lets say around #30000 cos of dis dollar inconsistency !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lakusi(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
ValerieXO: I'm not so sure about that. TOEFL is PREFERRED by 4 out of every 5 institutions.

Lool as twas stated on deir website !!! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Slimdel: Lemme understand this, they have their medical request form but the hospital said their names are not in their system , what happened to other clinics?

yes they do. The same for all other clinic.. They had to call other clinics and send in their form b4 going, but its same thing, their name aint online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
realone01: 4 pages is much
okay sire how many pages is ideal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by funmi14: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Speechless... My embassy pplication refused, highly discouraged.
Major reasons are....

Am not satisfy that you have sufficent and available Financial resources without working in canada:

... for the course of studies;
...to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during proposed period of study;....

... to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family member who are accompanying you to and from canada

... Your personal assets and financial status.

I think everything boil down on my acct statmt...( my bother.. Sponsor... Later called me this evening after hearing the embassy feedback that, he actually empty the acct for his busness after he gave me the acct statment.

Mood highly distorted.
Pls house,, what is the way forward.
Thanks.

DOCUMENTS Sumitted...
Sponsor(US based) letter with affidavid of support
acct statment( $25k closing balance)
Total working place compensation per annum document of $103k
IRS tax clearance. PR US Intl passport.
Birth certificate.
FCT Landed property document.
SOP.
LOA.
NECO, Degree certificate.
Transcript.
Current practicing lisense.
Appointmt letter.
Pay slip (3months)
workplace ID
my mum U.S. & Jerusalem Visa stamped page.
My brother and I old picture.
Study leave letter.
CV.
My SOA.. 1.2M.
Bsc Nursing... Going for Msc Health Admin. MHA.

Please house , what can I do per the sponsor, because is the only person that can actually issue acct per the same surname embassy rule etc.
Is it feasible reapply embassy this period again for Sept.?
Am awaiting reply.
Greetings.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by decraig(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Slimdel: Pm me for the guidelines

tried sending a pm to u but not going from my acct or maybe I dp.t get it but the send email option is not working on my acct again. kindly forward a copy or template to my email 'abioduncraig@gmail.com' I will so much appreciate it pls... thanks for ur constant help...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
funmi14: Speechless... My embassy pplication refused, highly discouraged.
Major reasons are....

Am not satisfy that you have sufficent and available Financial resources without working in canada:

...to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during proposed period of study;....

... to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family member who are accompanying you to and from canada

I think everything boil down on my acct statmt...( my bother.. Sponsor... Later called me this evening after hearing the embassy feedback that, he actually empty the acct for his busness after he gave me the acct statment.

Mood highly distorted.
Thanks.
N people wil tell u d embassy doesnt ask for ur financial details from d bank. Smh. Of cos its obvious dey do.
Funmi u can alwys reapply. Thats d way forward. N work on d account statement. More like u shd make sur whoeva ur sponsor is dsnt ve to withdraw al d money from d account aftr u tk ur statemnt. Yes he cud alwys withdraw at anytime. But not heavy withdrawals like dat or emptying d account. Let d person withdraw n also put in money into d account.
If u knw ur sponsor is a business person n cnt stick by such u cud try to get another fam member as sponsor n tlk to whoeva to jst b patient wif u till u get ur trv. Luckily now d time frame is shorter. Getin a gud account statement nt from ur parents is quite stressful no doubt. But jst pray for God to favor u wif a sponsor who can run his account tru d period of ur application. You cud stil build up ur bros account again (nt sure bout dat, bt im sure others wud contribute)
I wish u d best in ur nxt application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by decraig(m): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
chichi89: Amefrica,slimdel,gavinmensah na una sabi oh. I must find person. Is there anyone going to Wilfrid Laurier or Conestoga college (doon campus)? Abeg show face na sad

am heading to conestoga college Doon campus but am still on my application oh. hoping to finally submit on monday or Tuesday God willing.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
1. Equlibrium seneca paper route
2. Pcachuks Lambton MARCH 4 Paper route
TRV
3. mistur_chris: MARCH 15 paper route lambton
college
4.Coolsammy1: Holland college MARCH 19
Online route (FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption)
5. Drizzle_era Centennial college APRIL 02
( FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption ).
6. Walofy88: APRIL 3 online route humbton
college CHOPPED TRV
7. Kingsolve: mohawk APRIL 10 Online route
CHOPPED TRV
8. Tianadiva APRIL 17 Paper route
9. Sleem-b: APRIL 19 MUN TRV loading
10. McToby: May 28, New brunswick
community college Online route.
11. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route,TRV
chopped
12. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
13. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online
route.
14. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince. TRV
Loading Edward Island(UPEI) Online route.
15. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online
route.
16. haustraliah: June 22, medicine hat college
online route.
17.Akanni: July 3, Umanitoba.Online route
18 Jtbaba : june 23rd online centennial college
19.Lassky: July 4, Memorial university of Newfoundland, online route.
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have applied for TRV.
Please
provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper
***Institution
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Major reasons are....

Mood highly distorted.
Thanks.

DOCUMENTS Sumitted...
Birth certificate.
SOP.
LOA.
Transcript.
Appointmt letter.
Pay slip (3months)
workplace ID
Study leave letter.
CV.
My SOA.. 1.2M.

Please house , what can I do per the sponsor, because is the only person that can actually issue acct per the same surname embassy rule etc.
Am awaiting reply.
Greetings.
Am sorry for your refusal..
Firstly, you need to relax and reapply for winter intake.
you need to just take some time to repackage before you reapply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjoseph: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
chichi89: I'm sorry I have no idea
TOEFL is 175 USD (about 30k) if you want to register it yourself. If someone or center will register it for you, the fee ranges between 35-40k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Galaxxy:

How do u do bro? Surest bro.. Na Preps sure pass oooo. Thanks for checking on me.
@Amefrica, na only you wan waka go prince Edward?
never seen any NLer heading that side.
OK.
wish you the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
chrisviral: slimdel, amefrica, miss bon, baale, pyhz, abeg make una look diz matter

Their cic account has not been fully updated, they should go for their medicals in the next 3 days, it should be ok by then. This happened to two of my friends in Ghana when they went for their medicals, they've been able to do it this week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Galaxxy:

How do u do bro? Surest bro.. Na Preps sure pass oooo. Thanks for checking on me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Galaxxy:

You're most welcome! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2014

I'm sorry bro, but I must disagree with you. TOEFL is preferred by most schools to IELTS .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Major reasons are....

Mood highly distorted.
Thanks.

DOCUMENTS Sumitted...
Birth certificate.
SOP.
LOA.
Transcript.
Appointmt letter.
Pay slip (3months)
workplace ID
Study leave letter.
CV.
My SOA.. 1.2M.

Am awaiting reply.
Greetings.

Really sorry about this, its just a delay not a denial.

I'll advice you to take your time before you reapply and follow sashafierce 's advice and pray.

Your testimony is coming soon.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Anyone going to Georgian college? undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
ManTiger:
Polopolo? How? But you got your study permit with MUN admission letter.
When are u starting your degree prog?

Nyet, sir.

Didn't apply with MUN's SOA, I used UPEI's --- program to start Sept. 3.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
chrisviral:

yes they do. The same for all other clinic.. They had to call other clinics and send in their form b4 going, but its same thing, their name aint online

Let 'em chill till next week!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Haustraliah:
OK.
wish you the best.

As in eh! I just tayaa angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
OK just tell them to chill like next week or so then try again

Good luck
chrisviral:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bjoseph: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
Haustraliah:
OK.
wish you the best.
Is this PEI not in New Brunswick? If it is in NB, I'm also heading to NB, but Fredericton (where UNB is situated)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
emperoracro: My Bosses @Slimdel, Amefrica, misbon..... When Canadians say ''Room mates'' what do they mean (Is it two people living in one room or two people living in d same flat but havin different rooms)?

LOL! This used to confuse me too, but most times --- it means they stay in same flat but different rooms.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
bjoseph:
Is this PEI not in New Brunswick? If it is in NB, I'm also heading to NB, but Fredericton (where UNB is situated)

PEI is a province on it's own, sir. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.