Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609233 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ornaments(f): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello ever reliable nairalanders

I want to know the difference between graduate certificate diploma, post graduate diploma of 1year, Post grad diploma of 2years and advanced diploma

How easy can one secure a good job with either of the above program?

Then if I enrol in any of these and I am interested in masters later, will there be a reduction in the normal 2 years duration?

Between I really want to use this medium to appreciate optimall and slimdel. Thanks so much sisters!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by benzema: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Amefrica:

Congrats! cheesy
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uceebee(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Chatters:
Congrats! We go jam for canny.

Thanks!
I PM'd you a while ago.. How far Ur's?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DonDiara(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ornaments: Hello ever reliable nairalanders
I want to know the difference between graduate certificate diploma, post graduate diploma of 1year, Post grad diploma of 2years and advanced diploma
How easy can one secure a good job with either of the above program?
Then if I enrol in any of these and I am interested in masters later, will there be a reduction in the normal 2 years duration?
Between I really want to use this medium to appreciate optimall and slimdel. Thanks so much sisters!
Job is not by certificate in Canada, it is by what you "know" what you can offer the employer. Your certificate is the last thing they will request for during hiring process.

PS. They will not even ask for your grades; so sharpen your skills in what ever field you belong to.

One more info for the house: Prioritize schools outside of Ontario, life after TRV is easier in other province as compared to ON. Make your decisions wisely. Thanks.

E.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
uceebee:

Thanks!
I PM'd you a while ago.. How far Ur's?

On course. I replied your PM.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dammycrane000: 12:06am On Jul 29, 2014
uceebee: All Glory to the Almighty God.. Original passport requested!

Applied: 30th May (Online route)

Biometrics: 4th June

Medical Call: 2nd July.

Medicals done: 24th July (done @ Prime medicals, PH)

Medicals Passed, passport requested: 28th July.

Special thanks to everyone who helped out during my jonsing..Amefrica, Slimdel, Missbon, Dammycrane, ...and How can I forget Abilsomi? wink winkAbisolmi!

Thank you!

Congrats...all the very best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by movein: 12:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Anyone coming to Lambton College?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:02am On Jul 29, 2014
eromzzz:

hello Sir Info Tech is it grad or under grad ? wat school
....Post Grad Diploma...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 2:09am On Jul 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....Scanned by you to the college.....very flexible.....
dis is gud news. tnx oga ChriGo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:10am On Jul 29, 2014
movein: Anyone coming to Lambton College?
....So that una Gorgeous Apartment do dey available....Dammycrane000 and mistur_chris should take advantage of this sharpally before dis dude rent am out to dem Ladies grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dammycrane000: 2:23am On Jul 29, 2014
ChriGo: ....So that una Gorgeous Apartment do dey available....Dammycrane000 and mistur_chris should take advantage this sharpally before dis dude rent am out to dem Ladies grin.....

Noted bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dammycrane000: 2:24am On Jul 29, 2014
movein: Anyone coming to Lambton College?

Kindly check your pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 4:50am On Jul 29, 2014
emperoracro:
Come chrisvirus abi wetin b ya name, ur iphone 5 no b dat ogbunegwe i saw wt u at oshodi underbridge d oda day, wey d screen done break finish,na him u com here com dey compare am wt my slimdel's fone, take ya time o!

cheesy grin for your Mind now, you don win me abi?
I just say make I charge my Iphone 5s 128GB, no worry, I will engage you some other time. Hehehehe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eben1991: 6:24am On Jul 29, 2014
Good day! I just graduated with a CGPA of 3.41, I will like to apply for my m.sc in a Canadian uni. Pls I need your advise and chances of getting admitted. Thanks.
mrnilobrawn:

I cant list the number of universities in canada that accept scan transcript, because i did not apply to all.
But did apply to uni ottawa, and uni new brunswick(unb). UNB has d feature for online applicant, but uni ottawa dont. For uni ottawa i email the graduate sec and she ask me to scan and send her my cv, personal statement, nd transcript.
Believe me i got admited precisely three weeks after i sent all those to her.

So.....it worked for me, and am sure i will work for u too..smile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by smackdat: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello guys.. Great to be here.. I hope I get answers..
I'm going to Canada very soon got my visa .. Thank God.
But I'd just like to know the required and ESSENTIAL documents to take along with me to Canada to show immigration before I'm allowed in without stress... I heard a paper of some sort comes with the passport... So I was told by someone already in Canada.. But I didn't get any paper with my passport.. Just my visa. So I'd like to know all I need so I can have a smooth trip and entrance into Canada. God bless you for your time.. Awaiting replies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by smackdat: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2014
BTW is anyone here going to Humber college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twaintoy(f): 7:21am On Jul 29, 2014
DonDiara: Job is not by certificate in Canada, it is by what you "know" what you can offer the employer. Your certificate is the last thing they will request for during hiring process.

PS. They will not even ask for your grades; so sharpen your skills in what ever field you belong to.

One more info for the house: Prioritize schools outside of Ontario, life after TRV is easier in other province as compared to ON. Make your decisions wisely. Thanks.

E.
I like this, well understood. But someone should be able to leave Ontario for another province after school. Can't i school in Ontario then move to another province after? Please answer this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2014
To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Applied for TRV - June 23rd
Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Call up – July 23rd
Medical Done – July 24th
Medical Passed – July 28th
Passport Request – July 28th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold feet. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Stewee from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone92; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Call up – July 23rrd
Medical Done – July 24th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold fit. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Olumide from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone01; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!

Happy Birthday!!! And A wonderful BD present you have... Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Woooooooooooowwww babe I admire this, wow
CONGRATULATIONSSSSS and a wonderful birthday, best birthday gift ever

Dance azonto to the Lord grin

Go live your Canada dream kiss

Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold fit. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Olumide from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone01; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2014

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famolino(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2014
Morning all. I just got my personal checklist number and the next thing that shows is GCKey or Sign in partner (which I think helps in creating MyCIC account or something). I need guidelines please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 9:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Morning.

Happy Birtrvday to you Chatters.

Enjoy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2014

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

Respect!! Congratulations!! Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2014
chrisviral:

Happy Birthday!!! And A wonderful BD present you have... Congratulations.

Chris tap from this o. This is good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2014
famolino: Morning all. I just got my personal checklist number and the next thing that shows is GCKey or Sign in partner (which I think helps in creating MyCIC account or something). I need guidelines please.

Chrigo dropped the full procedure for going about this. I can't remember the page. Jst check his posts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2014
Create a GC key with your personal checklist code

famolino: Morning all. I just got my personal checklist number and the next thing that shows is GCKey or Sign in partner (which I think helps in creating MyCIC account or something). I need guidelines please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 29, 2014
Congratulations, Chatters.. I realized you always lurked around the US thread then. Glad it all paid off!

Happy Birthday to you!

See you soon..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2014
A big HBD s/o to Chatters and what a way to celebrate with potential TRV loading grin

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello grt people... Pls who is going to fanshawe college, london this fall or knows somebody going towards that direction. So we can relate. Tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by constant57: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2014
Congrats @ Chatters. You are a lady of courage, persistence and resilience; I doff my hat for you. Wish you success in Canada. A warm birthday wishes to you also. God bless you.

Regards to all members of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2014

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

[b]Still trying to decipher why ONYEOMA which is my moniker was suddenly changed to ONYEOMA3 after the NL Tsunami....Chrisviral my man, na me be dis ooo...just that this thread has been moving @ d speed of light and I've tried my best to follow each post up till the latest post....coupled with work pressure and all...

So much looked forward to this day... When CHATTERS will announce her TRV success.

Also, very worthy to congratulate is my man AMEFRICA....you've fought so hard to realize dis dream of urs....You're truly a warrior...

My ears are seriously itching to hear and my eyes eager to read abt the passport request of CHRISVIRAL...try sending me a PM plzzzz

CHICHI nwanne mmadu, congratulations on ur TRV success story...

BREMDSUNG dear, congrats on ur medical call...Gos will surely perfect what He has started in your life...

CHIZZY dear...so sowi abt the denial...try giving it one more shot, I believe this one shot will give way to ur success story..

To all my brothers and sisters in here that got their TRV recently, I say congrats and those that were denied, never loose hope, you shall surely come out victorious. [/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.