Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (612350 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2014
Yaaay! so happy for you. Happy birthday sis kiss
[author=Chatters]To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Applied for TRV - June 23rd
Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Call up – July 23rrd
Medical Done – July 24th
Medical Passed – July 28th
Passport Request – July 28th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold fit. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Olumide from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone01; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by realone01(m): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Congratulations ma'am and hbd. May God bless you
Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold fit. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Olumide from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone01; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2014
rawlizo:

Chris tap from this o. This is good

Hehehe already dug a well and a borehole from it, trying to complete the reservoir grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Yaaay! A big congrats Chatters. The Lord that has started a good thing in your life will never cease it.Rise and shine sis! Have a blast in your new year.Cheers. smiley
Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deeone10: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2014
pls I need answer to this
is it possible to apply for part time course as an international student in Canada and what am I likely to face as a challenge. thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Any1 travelling from abj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

[b]Still trying to decipher why ONYEOMA which is my moniker was suddenly changed to ONYEOMA3 after the NL Tsunami....Chrisviral my man, na me be dis ooo...just that this thread has been moving @ d speed of light and I've tried my best to follow each post up till the latest post....coupled with work pressure and all...

So much looked forward to this day... When CHATTERS will announce her TRV success.

Also, very worthy to congratulate is my man AMEFRICA....you've fought so hard to realize dis dream of urs....You're truly a warrior...

My ears are seriously itching to hear and my eyes eager to read abt the passport request of CHRISVIRAL...try sending me a PM plzzzz

CHICHI nwanne mmadu, congratulations on ur TRV success story...

BREMDSUNG dear, congrats on ur medical call...Gos will surely perfect what He has started in your life...

CHIZZY dear...so sowi abt the denial...try giving it one more shot, I believe this one shot will give way to ur success story..

To all my brothers and sisters in here that got their TRV recently, I say congrats and those that were denied, never loose hope, you shall surely come out victorious. [/b]

Hello,
How is your program at uOttawa?

I have been trying to reach you all this while. Have sent you alot of PM but no reply.
Kindly email me "gadimon@yahoo.com"
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

[b]Still trying to decipher why ONYEOMA which is my moniker was suddenly changed to ONYEOMA3 after the NL Tsunami....Chrisviral my man, na me be dis ooo...just that this thread has been moving @ d speed of light and I've tried my best to follow each post up till the latest post....coupled with work pressure and all...

So much looked forward to this day... When CHATTERS will announce her TRV success.

Also, very worthy to congratulate is my man AMEFRICA....you've fought so hard to realize dis dream of urs....You're truly a warrior...

My ears are seriously itching to hear and my eyes eager to read abt the passport request of CHRISVIRAL...try sending me a PM plzzzz

BREMDSUNG dear, congrats on ur medical call...Gos will surely perfect what He has started in your life...

CHIZZY dear...so sowi abt the denial...try giving it one more shot, I believe this one shot will give way to ur success story..

To all my brothers and sisters in here that got their TRV recently, I say congrats and those that were denied, never loose hope, you shall surely come out victorious. [/b]

Boss mi! Longest time. I hope you good?

Thanks for the congratulatory message! How studies? cheesy See ya soon!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Hello,
How is your program at uOttawa?

I have been trying to reach you all this while. Have sent you alot of PM but no reply.
Kindly email me "gadimon@yahoo.com"
Thanks

Hi bro,

I dey Naija for now, though will be in Canny within the next 3 weeks...

Sowi bro...my NL email address is not really accessible....will send you a mail soonest...

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Boss mi! Longest time. I hope you good?

Thanks for the congratulatory message! How studies? cheesy See ya soon!

I'm great bro...though still dey Naija trying to make some kudi before leaving the shores finally...

See ya soonest...grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2014

Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Done – July 24th

Congratulation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

I'm great bro...though still dey Naija trying to make some kudi before leaving the shores finally...

See ya soonest...grin

Hehehe! I been dey think say you don comot nii.

Which airline you dey follow go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2014
deeone10: pls I need answer to this
is it possible to apply for part time course as an international student in Canada and what am I likely to face as a challenge. thank u

/////
I'm not really sure skuls offer inter students part time opprotunities but the real question is what wud u tell the embassy?

Y wud u leave naija for canada to do a part time course? U wan tell them u want to focus more on work and study part time?

Its simply gonna be a fatal error in my opinion.

So even if u get admission for a PT program, u'll av to brace up to face the visa application.

Everyone is going to study full time in canada bro, join us! And it'll be worth it by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Hehehe! I been dey think say you don comot nii.

Which airline you dey follow go?

Lufthansa bro...just the one wey my money go fit afford ni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

Lufthansa bro...just the one wey my money go fit afford ni

Lufthansa? You na boss oo.. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
...@chatters....congrats....God aint sleeping...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Lufthansa? You na boss oo.. cheesy

No be Boss matter my brother, na the only airline wey de go my route, Ottawa...if I had my way, I would have gone for Emirates which is more economical and offers a standard service as well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
....You can only apply as a full time student....else embassy go bounce you......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

No be Boss matter my brother, na the only airline wey de go my route, Ottawa...if I had my way, I would have gone for Emirates.

That's nice shaa!

Wishing you a safe trip in adv.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DFodio(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Chatters Nice one sis. Where there is a will, there is always a way. God isn't finished with you yet though. This is just the beginning. Happy Birthday to you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

See ya soonest...grin
Onye did you change your number? Tried reaching you several times but couldn't get through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2014

Your chance of getting the TRV is 0.1%

Na full-time make u go for!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
sampitts:
Onye did you change your number? Tried reaching you several times but couldn't get through

Sup bro, Longest time...Hope you're faring well @ QueensU..

I didn't change my number ooo...I'll send you a PM so we can chat cos I intend to pay you a visit soonest...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Habeeb521(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Alright guy I need help naw oo pls, hw many month is it goinna take to get a study permit and a temporary residential visa and what r d process and when exactly should I start for a winter admission 2015 I need infos naw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by luvly3(f): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
ChriGo: .....Doing 1yr PGD in search of PR is not bad as i learnt recently....once you get ur 1yr post graduate work permit(Pgwp), and you get a job within 2-5 months....before your post graduate work permit expires, you can apply for the normal work permit every tom,dick and harry applies for grin and continue using it till you're ripe enough to apply for PR through the Canadian experience class(CEC) route which requires at least 1yr work experience......the gamble here is what if you don't get that professional job before your 1yr post graduate work permit expires ?....Note: you can't use a flipping burger job at Mc Donalds to apply through CEC route grin....hence reason why peeps opt for a 2yrs program so as to bag a 3yrs post graduate work permit which gives you enough room and flexibility to do whatever you like...lol......But i would advice if you can only afford a 1yr program, then come do it.....

Boss ChriGo always on point... Pls is the work permit you talked about different from LMO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Onyeoma3:

Oga I will PM you soonest oo jare!
No mind me and CIC they wan land me for Guiness Books of Records.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buccunmie(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders, I graduated with 2.89 CGPA. Pls is dia any hope of doing masters in Canada? Pls help a brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks everyone for your congratulatory and birthday messages. What a way to celebrate indeed! @ chrisviral, slimdel, blink6, elcapt, rawlizo, Amefrica, tokiniofficial, constant57, onyeoma3, lassky, realone01, jijola, haustraliah, chrigo, Dfodio and everyone else, thanks for your kind wishes. I love you all wink

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by erico2k2(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guys In Canada help me out here, I got a friend who has a one month VISa(VISITOR) the VISA expires 05 Aug 2014, can he travel still by 1st of AUg? there a little thing on teh Canada website that says the expiring date of the visa is when you must enter not when you must leave, so plz does anyone has any light on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello house,

Please, how can I add an extra sheet to the family information form (IMM5645) The space provided isn't enough for me

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
erico2k2: Guys In Canada help me out here, I got a friend who has a one month VISa(VISITOR) the VISA expires 05 Aug 2014, can he travel still by 1st of AUg? there a little thing on teh Canada website that says the expiring date of the visa is when you must enter not when you must leave, so plz does anyone has any light on this.

The VISA expires on the 5th.

If I may ask --- since when has the VISA been issued?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Holu26: Hello house,

Please, how can I add an extra sheet to the family information form (IMM5645) The space provided isn't enough for me

Thanks in anticipation

Na exam you dey write grin grin Na so una plenty rich?

Oga, just input those wey fit contain am, and leave the remaining..

My opinion, tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.