Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (612406 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
slyk2: Thank you so much.
I've been looking for this!

You welcome. We shall celebrate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by igbonchin: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello movein,

Am coming to Lambton Aug 18th. Pls ve pmed u. Kindly fb.

movein: Anyone coming to Lambton College?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by igbonchin: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
@movein n chrigo, pls I am also interested in d apartment o.

Chrigo, I have pmed u. Kindly fb.

ChriGo: ....So that una Gorgeous Apartment do dey available....Dammycrane000 and mistur_chris should take advantage of this sharpally before dis dude rent am out to dem Ladies grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
at uchelight please use this mail right now and i will respond immediately ok.frankkyabua@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bodmas3000(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
May almighty father help us all so we can fulfill our destiny ijn to collect this TRV no be luck oo no be wetin u write oo I know it is just favour .

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
You'll announce your TRV soon. Sorry 'bout the delay...favour in the next one.
lassky: Hello house I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who in one way or the other has been there for me. Just got denied today embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Jijola: You'll announce your TRV soon. Sorry 'bout the delay...favour in the next one.
thanks so much oga mi. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 11:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amefrica:

Na exam you dey write grin grin Na so una plenty rich?

Oga, just input those wey fit contain am, and leave the remaining..

My opinion, tho.
No, pls don't leave anyone out, in future if any if his siblings whose name wasn't written Applies to visit him as a sibling ,he wuld not be considered, check nd read that forms instruction well am sure they would have suggested or provided an option some how, I knw I came across it. All the Best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gavinmensah(f): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Drbuzz:
.for all those who didn't get their LOI from the high commission.... please mail them especially Accra. I mailed them and mine was sent to me. All the best in your endeavors...@Amefrica, I be your number 1 fan. @walofy.....tanx bro

SoRry,please what's LOI
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
lassky: Hello house I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who in one way or the other has been there for me. Just got denied today embarassed

Never give up. Refire.Meanwhile tell us the docs you submitted let the house dissect it. What reasons did they give for refusal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by donteejay: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
codebreaker:

Is that in Edmonton or Calgary?

Calgary
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
gavinmensah:

SoRry,please what's LOI
L - LETTER

O - OF

I - INTRODUCTION
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 1:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Chatters:

Never give up. Refire.Meanwhile tell us the docs you submitted let the house dissect it. What reasons did they give for refusal?
Admission letter containing scholarship of8000CAD. Elder brother's supplementary sponsorship letter, his soa of 2 accounts one with the closing balance of about 1.4m d oda 1.1m, and his int'l passport. My International Passport and Passport photo. IMM form. Bachelor's Cert, Bachelor's Transcript, WAEC, Birth, LGA certificate. 2 Page SOP. Reasons for refusal are: you do not have financial fund available to pay tuition, maintain, and pay your flights without working in Canada. I'm not convinced u will leave Canada at the end of your study having considered your personal assets and financial status.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 30, 2014
lassky: Admission letter containing scholarship of8000CAD. Elder brother's supplementary sponsorship letter, his soa of 2 accounts one with the closing balance of about 1.4m d oda 1.1m, and his int'l passport. My International Passport and Passport photo. IMM form. Bachelor's Cert, Bachelor's Transcript, WAEC, Birth, LGA certificate. 2 Page SOP. Reasons for refusal are: you do not have financial fund available to pay tuition, maintain, and pay your flights without working in Canada. I'm not convinced u will leave Canada at the end of your study having considered your personal assets and financial status.

How much is your tuition? And how long is your program.
I hope your scholarship would be moved and not totally wiped out. Fall or winter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Realone92(m): 2:55am On Jul 30, 2014
Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Applied for TRV - June 23rd
Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Call up – July 23rd
Medical Done – July 24th
Medical Passed – July 28th
Passport Request – July 28th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold feet. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Stewee from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone92; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!
happy birthday more years to come , it's your time to shine ....all the best ma....I hope am not late

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bukky1989: 5:05am On Jul 30, 2014
igbonchin: Hello movein,

Am coming to Lambton Aug 18th. Pls ve pmed u. Kindly fb.

Hi, I also got admission to Lambton but have not started my processing pls can u give me ur pin or facebook details so we can chat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bukky1989: 5:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone in the house,
I will like to start my student visa processing and I will need help on how to go about it. i don't habe the idea on how to go about these documents; Declaration for sponsor, Affidavit of support sworn to by sponsor (Notarized by Notary Public) and Statement of purpose.
Will I have to go to high court for the affidavit and is there a format for how it should be typed so goes for the declaration? Is there anyone with samples of statement of purpose so as to know how to go about mine and also the Letter from Sponsor's place of work, will it just be like a normal letter with the place of work letter headed.
I will really appreciate the house help.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Good morning, sorry about this and congrats on your scholarship.
If the scholarship of 8000cad does not cover your whole tuition then I'm afraid the statement of account you submitted isn't good plus if your elder brother is married then they believed one kobo from that money isn't for you cause he will feed his family, pay bills, send his children to school etc from the soa plus u again going to Canada (I doubt if its full enough to convince them), please work on the statement of account.
Does he have landed property or shares, please include it.
In general please work on the financial aspect of your application, if I remember any other thing I will add plus others will come and contribute further.

Good luck

lassky: Admission letter containing scholarship of8000CAD. Elder brother's supplementary sponsorship letter, his soa of 2 accounts one with the closing balance of about 1.4m d oda 1.1m, and his int'l passport. My International Passport and Passport photo. IMM form. Bachelor's Cert, Bachelor's Transcript, WAEC, Birth, LGA certificate. 2 Page SOP. Reasons for refusal are: you do not have financial fund available to pay tuition, maintain, and pay your flights without working in Canada. I'm not convinced u will leave Canada at the end of your study having considered your personal assets and financial status.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Stewee(m): 6:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Realone92: happy birthday more years to come , it's your time to shine ....all the best ma....I hope am not late

God Never Fails!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by igbonchin: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Hi Bukky,

I will advice u to throw any question open here on this forum as pips with better understanding with the visa process and d school will respond ASAP.

All the best ma'am.

bukky1989:

Hi, I also got admission to Lambton but have not started my processing pls can u give me ur pin or facebook details so we can chat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
codebreaker:

How much is your tuition? And how long is your program.
I hope your scholarship would be moved and not totally wiped out. Fall or winter?
my tuition fees is 953cad per semester. The program is for 2 years. Fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2014
Slimdel: Good morning, sorry about this and congrats on your scholarship.
If the scholarship of 8000cad does not cover your whole tuition then I'm afraid the statement of account you submitted isn't good plus if your elder brother is married then they believed one kobo from that money isn't for you cause he will feed his family, pay bills, send his children to school etc from the soa plus u again going to Canada (I doubt if its full enough to convince them), please work on the statement of account.
Does he have landed property or shares, please include it.
In general please work on the financial aspect of your application, if I remember any other thing I will add plus others will come and contribute further.

Good luck

My tuition is 2,859cad per annum. My bro is single. He has landed properties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2014
lassky: My tuition is 2,859cad per annum. My bro is single. He has landed properties

In addition to what slimdel said, I think there maybe a problem with the SOA. Did your brother withdraw every money in the account after printing it? This may be the case. Boost those accounts and pls tell your brother to keep the money intact. Work on your SOP and include landed properties. Relax God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Realone92: happy birthday more years to come , it's your time to shine ....all the best ma....I hope am not late

Thank you my dear. You are blessed. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Chatters:

In addition to what slimdel said, I think there maybe a problem with the SOA. Did your brother withdraw every money in the account after printing it? This may be the case. Boost those accounts and pls tell your brother to keep the money intact. Work on your SOP and include landed properties. Relax God is in control.
I'm sure he didn't withdraw from the account cos he himself knows the implication.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 7:43am On Jul 30, 2014
lassky:
I'm sure he didn't withdraw from the account cos he himself knows the implication.
In that case boosting that account would be ideal. You may also look for a co-sponsor to add more support. In your SOP mention why these people are sponsoring you and maybe what they stand to gain from doing so. Also include sponsorship letters backing up the reason you gave in your SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2014
@ lassky, it doesn't matter the number of pages you use in your SOP. Explain yourself explicitly. Don't bother writing just one page if it doesn't explain your situation. Write as many pages as possible then start editing and only keep relevant information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Chatters: @ lassky, it doesn't matter the number of pages you use in your SOP. Explain yourself explicitly. Don't bother writing just one page if it doesn't explain your situation. Write as many pages as possible then start editing and only keep relevant information.
thanks ma'am kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by worry359(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Chatters: @ lassky, it doesn't matter the number of pages you use in your SOP. Explain yourself explicitly. Don't bother writing just one page if it doesn't explain your situation. Write as many pages as possible then start editing and only keep relevant information.

It's important to remember that busy people will only scan what you write!
If you send ten pages they will not absorb much information, it will all be wasted.

If you send half a page of clear concise information it will be better received than
10 pages of rambling story.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oghos2k(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Do these guys really verify the account? cos if they do, why ask for a four months account trend?
Chatters:
In that case boosting that account would be ideal. You may also look for a co-sponsor to add more support. In your SOP mention why these people are sponsoring you and maybe what they stand to gain from doing so. Also include sponsorship letters backing up the reason you gave in your SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2014
Please I totally agree with chatters apart from the sop part, please while writing keep it short and straight to the point, at most two pages, again i will suggest to boost the account and add his landed properties

Thanks
lassky: My tuition is 2,859cad per annum. My bro is single. He has landed properties

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.