Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610354 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2014
I applied without doing any THING called SOP, LOE and since on tuesday I've been kissing my TRV...
I think those going for undergraduate programs and still have the advantage of age on their side have good prospects while the ones going for postgraduate, masters,diplomas etc really need a good SOP and co...

But inspite of all GOD FAVORED ME

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Having spent much time going tru dis thread n looking at d docs different applicants submitted; these are all i can say;
1) Every application is unique
2) Different strokes for different folks

Amefrica,has spoken nicely n so has others who claim dey got TRV witout SOP.

But as av learnt SOP is needed most wen u av complications in ur apps.

Boss Amefric, u dey find my trouble o, 20th na two weeks time n i neva see ur call.

@Oga Chrigo n Missbon, i hail o. And y is it dat its only wen dia is an arguement u guys show up #hahhahahhahahaha dnt mind me o just joking#
How is studies n life generally sir n ma, wishin u d very best.

P.S: Chrisviral get ready to retrieve ur post o, we ar close to part 6, (hahahahhaahahahhaahha no b only post na net u go retrieve)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 7:51am On Aug 10, 2014
Slimdel: @sc guy that's not true, I wasn't even searched I have full box of foodstuffs both local ones

My madam, how was ur journey, pls i sent u a pm, can u kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2014
toucheli: this is not literal, i know what you are driving at, but i'll let the quote from the post you are replying to, to exchange words with you,"i THINK those docs may be required depending on the situation of which your application comes with."..i can vividly remember when you added me on bbm..but i'll stop there. believe me, you don't wonna exchange words with me, you really don't wonna.

I still haven't remembered when I added you on BBM ...all the same, I never sounded like I wanna exchange words with you. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Success!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2014
kennycanny:

1000 Likes 4 this. you have said it all, but I just wish to add.
Some peeps application is so straightforward that no explanation is really needed. But some really need a convincing explanation e.g why someone is changing from an engineering background to medical line, or why a none family member will like to sponsor you etc.

So please try to know where you belong on this issue and act wise!

On point!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2014
ChriGo: 100000000000000000000000000000000 Likes grin

grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2014
missbon: TRUE TALK grin

smiley

Howdy ma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2014
yomiraheem:

////:
Yes oo, na BIG Gbam!

Nice explanation Amefrica. I really don't know what someone meant by exchanging words and saying SOP is garbbage but I'm sure every smart person on this thread should know the relevance of 'statement of explanation' and if they need it or not. It has always been optional but it goes a long way when it applies to one's case.

Sincerely, this is a friendly thread. No need to brag. We are all here to learn and assist one another. So let's put pride aside. "Don't wanna exchange words" it kinda sounds unpleasant.

Beats me!

Na hin sabi shaa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2014
emperoracro: Having spent much time going tru dis thread n looking at d docs different applicants submitted; these are all i can say;

Boss Amefric, u dey find my trouble o, 20th na two weeks time n i neva see ur call.

@Oga Chrigo n Missbon, i hail o. And y is it dat its only wen dia is an arguement u guys show up #hahhahahhahahaha dnt mind me o just joking#

P.S: Chrisviral get ready to retrieve ur post o, we ar close to part 6, (hahahahhaahahahhaahha no b only post na net u go retrieve)

Boss mi, I go holla at you soon.. grin No vex yet!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2014
To everyone waiting on the Lord for TRV, medicals call-up and safe trip..

...God shall not disappoint you, all obstacles will be cleared on your behalf. This week won't pass you by!

[size=30pt]AMIN!!![/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uchlight: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2014
Good morning people. Please I need everyone's say on this fact. Could this be through.
That Canadian embassy rarely give student permit Visa except if the sponsor is your father. If you use any other person outside your father or brother. Be it your uncle or your cousins or maternal home cousin. Your chances are minimal, they will end up rejecting the person all the times. Please house could this be a true fact.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kennycanny: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2014
Uchlight: Good morning people. Please I need everyone's say on this fact. Could this be through.
That Canadian embassy rarely give student permit Visa except if the sponsor is your father. If you use any other person outside your father or brother. Be it your uncle or your cousins or maternal home cousin. Your chances are minimal, they will end up rejecting the person all the times. Please house could this be a true fact.

The point is you will agree that it is more believable that a parent is sponsoring the child than any other person. That fact is what make people being sponsored by their parents to record more success than others.
Having said that, if you present any sponsor with good money and believable reason for wishing to spend that much money on your education you are good to go!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2014
Uchlight: Good morning people. Please I need everyone's say on this fact. Could this be through.

"Parents" looks more credible than "Uncle/Aunt", if your application is convincing enough, nothing would stop you from getting it. Remember, you have to prove the relationship too.

So many a people have gotten their TRV with "Uncle" - including me..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2014
kennycanny:

The point is you will agree that it is more believable that a parent is sponsoring the child than any other person. That fact is what make people being sponsored by their parents to record more success than others.
Having said that, if you present any sponsor with good money and believable reason for wishing to spend that much money on your education you are good to go!

Right! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uchlight: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2014
I used my Maternal cousin brother as a sponsor and has been denied twice. He has 9 Mill in his account. Now am wondering if the problem could be because I never paid my student fees.
Amefrica and Kennycanny I need your say

Parents" looks more credible than "Uncle/Aunt", if your application is convincing enough, nothing would stop you from getting it. Remember, you have to prove the relationship too.

So many a people have gotten their TRV with "Uncle" - including me.. [/i][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2014
Uchlight: I used my Maternal cousin brother as a sponsor and has been denied twice. He has 9 Mill in his account. Now am wondering if the problem could be because I never paid my student fees.
Amefrica and Kennycanny I need your say

What were the reasons of your refusals? Did you submit any document proving you guys' relationship? Like your mum's birth cert? Family picture etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mtxatx: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2014
tokiniofficial: I applied without doing any THING called SOP, LOE and since on tuesday I've been kissing my TRV...
I think those going for undergraduate programs and still have the advantage of age on their side have good prospects while the ones going for postgraduate, masters,diplomas etc really need a good SOP and co...

But inspite of all GOD FAVORED ME

Yeah i made the SOP/LOI statement not to ridicule the fact it is not needed.. it just to put light on peeps submitting new application. i guess some people submit applications that really raises eyebrow and believe their wonderful SOP/LOI will save when the VO reads it.. but it wont.

First things first, make your application has accurate, direct, logical and self explanable as you can, submitting necessary docs which self explain itself.. then you can add a LOI/SOP as an addition... and pray God Favors you..

Based on my application.. i used my sister who was married with a different surname, i had to put documents of marriage and date of birth cert. to show we were sisters from birth. plus i read physics and was going for a computer related course, i used my I.T certificates to show transition towards a computer line .. I had a 2.2 going directly for Masters.. used my sister's company acc of balance of 6M (but very very good cash flow) and added mine and i answered my questionnaire very well .. i didnt pay tution only admission deposit..
and i diidnt write any SOP/LOI .. and i got TRV..
i know its Gods favor and the truth is that if i knew about this thread before i submitted my application. i would have written SOP and LOI, i no go lie..

summary is just that, get your documents well prepared and at least unquestionable without a LOI/SOP .. so that when adding it, it will just be for clarification purposes and pray for GODS FAVOR..

this is my 50cent contribute smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by realone01(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2014
All you have to do is make a copy of your certificate, take the photocopy to your school to certify that it is the true copy of the original in a sealed envelope and make sure they stamp across the seal. This is what I did in my own case
Lordopsy4jc: Hello thanks to all ... I really do appreciate your response.

@Emperoracro: I have actually fulfilled all required documentation to the School including school
official transcript,I was specifically told this is a condition given after offer of admission.

@Aflyingbird: The copy of Degree certificate was uploading as part of the documentation, but I was told
until the school sends and official copy of the degree cert or personal presentation before the
condition could be meet, well the two options seems to be impossible as you my school will never give
a second copy of the degree cert and I never know about chances of apply with conditional admission

@ELcap: actually I have a trail email close to what you have adviced above, where it is stated that
I should show my Degree in person in montreal.

Guyz just wanna be sure of what to do in other not to waste my time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2014
emperoracro: Having spent much time going tru dis thread n looking at d docs different applicants submitted; these are all i can say;

Anxiously counting down bro.
Btw you are looking for my trouble ni grin
Hehehehehe I no where I go block you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dondondee1: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amefrica:

Bro, don't just try your luck. Each applicant's case is different - read this thread very well. I might give u a list for an "employee" while your sponsor might be a "businessman".

All you need is on this part/thread!
ok thanks sponsor is a business man tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
mtxatx: Funny thing is that i didnt write a LOI or SOP .. and i got TRV ..
Important thing is to Get ur documents correct and set well first, LOI or SOP is just a secondary addition not a main one..

If your documents aint right and u write the best SOP, the VO might still think otherwise.

Just saying..............

You are right we have seen people who submitted SOP and LOI on this thread and the vo still denies them study visa.even if you write two or ten pages sop it won't do anything except if you submit all your documents.we should emphasize more on DOCUMENTS than SOPs.if you like write the tightest letters or use all the grammar if a document is missing sorry no visa for you.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
dondondee1: ok thanks sponsor is a business man tho

Ok, you need his; Tax receipt, invoices, CAC and other biz registration docs, SOA, Letter of sponsorship, affidavit of support, Land docs ...you know nah!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
wiseonemomoh: I just receive my italian visa.what are the process am going to pass in the airport?

Justwise your attention is needed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amefrica:

"Parents" looks more credible than "Uncle/Aunt", if your application is convincing enough, nothing would stop you from getting it. Remember, you have to prove the relationship too.

True Talk! I got with a family friend that I claimed as my Aunt. Although, I am fully funded!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amefrica:

True Talk! I got with a family friend that I claimed as my Aunt. Although, I am fully funded! I wasn't opportuned to add tax clearance certificates and co. I submitted a Letter of sponsorship, Affidavit of Sponsorship, my 2 scholarship letters, SOA and proof of financial support from National Mathematical Centre,ABUJA stating that monthly stipend will be remitted to my account during my Masters Studies. Applications are treated in different and diverse ways, God's favour supersedes all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dondondee1: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Amefrica:

Ok, you need his; Tax receipt, invoices, CAC and other biz registration docs, SOA, Letter of sponsorship, affidavit of support, Land docs ...you know nah!

ok, thanks bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
wiseonemomoh: Pls house u people rely need to help me,I just receive my italian work permit,but d invitation giving to me,which I submitted to the embassy was not given to me back,pls I just want to know,if the immigration officer will ask for it

This is a wrong thread for this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
wiseonemomoh: Pls house u people rely need to help me,I just receive my italian work permit,but d invitation giving to me,which I submitted to the embassy was not given to me back,pls I just want to know,if the immigration officer will ask for it

https://www.nairaland.com/293227/italian-student-visa-application-procedures#4145134

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tariy: 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
@wiseonemomoh if its your first time of travel don't be to scared just try and be composed,know what and where you going to in italy......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.