Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? (5690 Views)

Are Men Better Hair-dressers Than The Women Themselves? / What Do Hair Dressers Do That Really Annoy You? / Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
[img]http://media.veryfunnypics.eu/2012/08/funny-picture-of-course-gay-men-dresses-well-they-spent-alot-of-time-in-the-closet-555x413.jpg[/img]
Gay men do not just wear clothing, they wear outfits. The dress for the occasion,
but an occasion can be that’s its Wednesday, it looks like rain, or GTBank is
hiring a new marketing intern. An occasion need not be a wedding, anniversary or birthday party at the in-laws. Gay men despite their cynicism, sarcasm and jaded
point of view are hopeless romantics and hold out that someone cute will be walking his german sherperd, ordering shawarma and Ice cream,therefore providence dictates that one be
best prepared, i.e., dressed.The knowledge that they be scrutinized by a potential liaison accounts why gay men will mount a bar stool or lunch counter stool like they are riding chrysler.

Gay men are well aware that clothing is costume, and costume is character. We identify our character by selecting from the lexicon of clothing. This sends a constructed message to the tribe,reporting what our expectations are, and what we are willing to do to have them met.

Gay men are obsessive observers. They tend to be great fashion forecasters. They know what’s what, before it’s even identified by the mainstream.

Gay men are disciples; they follow their
icons with a religious fervency once remanded to the Apostles. If Neil Patrick Harris wears a shinny suit on the Emmy’s and Tony Awards shows you can be certain that Nordstrom will soon be stocking their four ways with silk and rayon blends. Tom Ford goes without a tie, exposing his clavicle, and the red carpet is littered with celebrities who seem to have forgotten how to tie a Windsor knot. If David Beckham wears low rise jeans sans belt,soccer playing boys in Peoria co-opt the look, and their mother’s pleading to hike up their pants are fruitless. Viewers are tuning into CNN’s live coverage from Haiti primarily to see Anderson Cooper in histight charcoal colored tee-shirt.

Straight men keep up with the I don't care attitude while gay men dress away.

Source
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
In one way, yes! Gays are kinda self concious, u know, always neat at least superficially.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Gudintent: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hez that picture in your post got me smiling - nicely put!

Though can't agree nor disagree with your question, however I must say I find gay men are quite daring when it comes to dressing wink

Hez Hope your wknd is going good, loving your updates, so sweet wink

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by texanomaly(f): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Many gay men are snappy dressers, but the metrosexual theme seems to be spreading. Many men are paying more attention to their appearance, personal health, dress and grooming.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gudintent: Hez that picture in your post got me smiling - nicely put!

Though can't agree nor disagree with your question, however I must say I find gay men are quite daring when it comes to dressing wink

Hez Hope your wknd is going good, loving your updates, so sweet wink
I can't agree with you any better.

My weekend went well.Tried to stay happy you know. wink

Thanks for the compliments on my updates.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
texanomaly: Many gay men are snappy dressers, but the metrosexual theme seems to be spreading. Many men are paying more attention to their appearance, personal health, dress and grooming.
yeah,u very correct,metrosexuals all around.str8 guys can pass for gay guy from the outlook they put on nowadays.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by texanomaly(f): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: yeah,u very correct,metrosexuals all around.str8 guys can pass for gay guy from the outlook they put on nowadays.
Yupperz
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
This issue is definitely not up for debate. Lol. We all know when it comes to dress sense, the average gay guy can do it to the teeth., especially when it's a gay guy that has money. Then you should better watch out for his closet.

Although I feel some tend to take it up a notch by being overly obsessive with the way they dress and mixing all kinds of colours together.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
masonkz: This issue is definitely not up for debate. Lol. We all know when it comes to dress sense, the average gay guy can do it to the teeth., especially when it's a gay guy that has money. Then you should better watch out for his closet.

Although I feel some tend to take it up a notch by being overly obsessive with the way they dress and mixing all kinds of colours together.
cheesy
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by tinamba: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
I am tempted to think so, plus that scarf is freaking hilarious!! Loooooolz!
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by dontgivafuck: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2013
Hezron and All things Gay!!!
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: Hezron and All things Gay!!!

So?
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
u scared u might be one?
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by dontgivafuck: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:

u scared u might be one?
See dem gays out to draw blood! Lol... Sorry mr. My brains were properlyy wired cheesy
masonkz:

So?
its Unbecoming even for a gay!

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: See dem gays out to draw blood! Lol... Sorry mr. My brains were properlyy wired cheesy its Unbecoming even for a gay!
to the birds
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Your Nairaland gay thread GPS only locates his gay threads.Your types wouldn't comment on my other threads.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by dontgivafuck: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Your Nairaland gay thread GPS only locates his gay threads.Your types wouldn't comment on my other threads.
oh oh cheesy U do hv other threads? Its juss that whenever I see d word GaY I see ur name by the side.. Forgiv my ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: oh oh cheesy U do hv other threads? Its juss that whenever I see d word GaY I see ur name by the side.. Forgiv my ignorance
@least u accept ur ignorant. Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: See dem gays out to draw blood! Lol... Sorry mr. My brains were properlyy wired cheesy its Unbecoming even for a gay!

What's unbecoming? People need to be educated that gay people are not some form of aliens. And he can do that in his own small way, starting from NL.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by dontgivafuck: 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
grin
BushyA55.Banger:

@least u accept ur ignorant. Nice one
lol.. Well I don't xpect someone dt use xpressions like "talk to d hand or (was it birds)" to identify a figure of speech wen they see one

Eeerm... If u knew d meaning of talk to the birds, U wldnt hv quoted me on this thread again
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: grin lol.. Well I don't xpect someone dt use xpressions like "talk to d hand or (was it birds)" to identify a figure of speech wen they see one

Eeerm... If u knew d meaning of talk to the birds, U wldnt hv quoted me on this thread again
once again, u show u are ignorant.
Tell it to the birds is diff from talk to the birds.
Olodo, GST101!
Go meet ur galfrend and freee me
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2013

I swear to god, going by all these stereotypes, I'm not fit to be called gay. I've got ABSOLUTELY ZERO fashion sense. My closet is full of oversized clothes that I don't even iron before putting on.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
dontgivafuck: oh oh cheesy U do hv other threads? Its juss that whenever I see d word GaY I see ur name by the side.. Forgiv my ignorance
_

This is actually kinda true. Sometimes I wonder if Hezron talks about anything else.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

This is actually kinda true. Sometimes I wonder if Hezron talks about anything else.
grin grin grin
Of course he doesn't,all he does on Nairaland is gay gay gay gay gay gay.grin
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by GSKing: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Then you need to click on his profile and check his topics, it's not all about gay gay gay...
He creates other topics in the foreign affairs section. I swear Hezron knows more about the economies of other countries, America especially, than his dearly beloved country's.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
SimonAndal:
I swear to god, going by all these stereotypes, I'm not fit to be called gay. I've got ABSOLUTELY ZERO fashion sense. My closet is full of oversized clothes that I don't even iron before putting on.

I know. But then, effeminate gay people take the lead with this though.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
GSKing:
Then you need to click on his profile and check his topics, it's not all about gay gay gay...
He creates other topics in the foreign affairs section. I swear Hezron knows more about the economies of other countries, America especially, than his dearly beloved country's.cheesy
Thank You oh.I tire for people on NL,out of 107 topics of present only 23 gay themed topics.Where were they when I posted those ones.They'll never locate those one,instead they'll watch out for Hezron's gay topics and comments on gay themed threads.

Hehe,King,you've been following me up and down abi wink,you've studied my comments a lot.Anyways,I have this flair for the foreign scene and diplomacy,that's my call of duty.The foreign affairs section as always been one of my favourite sections on this forum,my post can attest to this.
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
U might become a mod there soon. But hey, hez, u snub alot, dont u?

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:

I don't think Hezzy snubs, I think he is the kind of person to first decide if you're worth his friendship before warming up to you.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
We all have different personalities don't we? I'm that kind of person to go free and playful online, but in the real life, always working to achieve the unspeakable.

#sigh... Who asked me this sef? Abi I don dey high pass the Roman Empire ni? grin
Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by HezronLorraine(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
BushyA55.Banger:
No I don't,I'm very open and free-spirited but of recent I relaxed that and took caution at who to associate with on the forum.

1 Like

Re: Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: No I don't,I'm very open and free-spirited but of recent I relaxed that and took caution at who to associate with on the forum.
owk. Just said that to get ur attention/see long epistle. Lol. Ok nice decision.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lace Skirt And Blouse Styles For Ladies / Latest African Print Dresses: 2018 Stunning And Unique Ankara Styles / WE SUPPLY QUALITY BAGS|SHOES & FASHION ACCESSORIES AT A WHOLESALE PRICE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.