Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Silent Moments - The Story... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Silent Moments - The Story... (569 Views)

The Silent Lover / Temptation ; The Story Of Love / Jonny Kennedy:the Story Of The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Silent Moments - The Story... by infonubia(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
This story is titled 'Silent Moments' and it will be posted weekly on InfoNubia.

Happy reading....

In the deep darkness, Terry laid flat on her stomach hoping to squeeze the growing fetus out of her womb. How did she get to this point in her life? “Oh God! Where did I miss it? She pondered to herself. “Come on!” She yelled, screaming at the top of her lungs. Nothing – only a dead silence and intense rhythmic pounding of her heart as it rapidly beats against her chest.

It’s no use! Terry didn't know what to do. One moment she was in cloud nine with a college guy who told her how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. “Baby, you know I can’t sleep without hearing your sweet voice say goodnight. I can’t stop thinking about you.” Those words rang loudly like church bells in her ears. Chris had promised to stand beside her no matter what challenge she encounters. She believed him - every single word.

------------------

“Hey Terry, wait up!” Terry heard someone hollered from the hallway. What a crazy morning it’s been! She woke up late, forgot to brush her teeth, and barely made it outside to catch the school bus. On top of the usual tease and taunting that her schoolmates normally haul at her, she had left her homework on the wooden chest in her room. She finally made it to her class and cunningly dodged all the questions her teacher heaved at the class.

“Hi Terry!” the gentle voice jeered her out of her rumination. It was Jason, her child-hood friend. Terry and Jason grew up together; they've been friends – or at least neighbors for as far back as Terry can remember. Ever since a few months ago when they became graduating seniors at Blackwood High School, Terry had been avoiding him.

“What’s up?” Terry responded while taking faster strides.

“What do you mean what’s up? What’s going on with you?” Jason asked.

Terry halted. Does Jason know about the baby? Or Chris? Oh no; please don’t tell me the whole school knows. Okay. Calm down Terry. Stay cool; just take it easy. Breathe nice and slow, She wondered.

“Are you okay, Terry? It looks like you’re hyperventilating. Do you want me to get the nurse for you?” Jason asked again.

Terry wasn't sure what happened. She felt her knee weaken and heard her books drop to the ground with a slight thud. Jason’s voice slowly faded away while he shouted for help. The school nurse quickly rushed towards her; other students surrounded her staring at her with curious gazes. What happened? Is she okay? Oh my goodness, isn't that Terry? I hope she makes it. Terry could hear the voices of different people for what seemed like several minutes. Then, it was darkness. She became unconscious.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Read More

(1) (Reply)

Judge Me By The Footprints I Leave Behind / O / “I Can’t Always Win, But I Can Always Learn And Grow.”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.