Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (13335 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by valicious1(m): 12:52am On Oct 13, 2013
A preacher once termed it "religious pr0stituti0n and a detestable iniquity" but I for one see nothing wrong in attending two or more churches if you have the strength and zeal. I see it as being tutored on the same topic by two different lecturers, you have a wider and broader view on the topic at hand. I wonder what is sinful in going to two or more bible believing churches if you are certain you won't be confused?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2013
You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

Just know that Jesus founded only ONE Church. The others were founded by men.

33 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 13, 2013
Do not engage in church prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by valicious1(m): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2013
tpacalipse: Do not engage in church prostitution.
What makes it church prostitution?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Vicjay1(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2013
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

and the church is?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
To me I feel its wrong nd this is my reason, every church believe there is a God but d same churches interpret his words different so when u kip on moving from 1 church to d other you will get confused. For example some churches preach about why women should cover deir hair or not wear trousers to church while others can give reasons why it is not wrong

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Numerouuuno: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?
he meant catholic,that's ITALO for you.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Emary(f): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2013
Seek out your own salvation. If you're not certain where you are, keep searching till you're convinced. On the last day, no minister will come to defend you.

12 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay:
and the church is?
catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by angiemartinez(f): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
Am seriously considering attending two churches becos my hubbys church is not helpn my christian life. I never had the tot of dividn my home buh i tink i just av to.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by MRSPEAKER1(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
undecided na wa o, how can that be right? The church (members) are your spiritual family........so why running from one family to another ni?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by smart134: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2013
is the relationship u maintain with God dat matters..not even d church..d church is d body of christ

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Jake101(f): 11:17am On Oct 20, 2013
Vic-jay] and the church is? Catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Youngzedd(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2013
valicious1:
What makes it church prostitution?

Join me ask am

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by naijathings(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2013
[size=18pt]I try my best not to go to the same church twice in a year. [/size]
tell me where this is wrong in the bible.. if not.. shut the furk up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Dhortunn(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Youngzedd(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: catholic church is said to be the 1st church on earth

Taaaaaah.

Prove it

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by LMAyedun(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2013
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

"As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it."- Genesis 9:7. And even the "church" too should be multiplied.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by JOETITUS(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2013
Name(s) of church(es) does not matter in heaven,Go as many as you want,ensure that you remember GOD'S commandment.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Youngzedd(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms_Steph: To me I feel its wrong nd this is my reason, every church believe there is a God but d same churches interpret his words different so when u kip on moving from 1 church to d other you will get confused. For example some churches preach about why women should cover deir hair or not wear trousers to church while others can give reasons why it is not wrong

Then, how will you know if your current church is telling you the truth.

I believe in compare and contrast.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by scratchbro: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2013
Every church has a different kind of ministry. I support visiting different churches.
Pastor Chris oyakilome is a good teacher, he dissects the word well.
Bishop oydepo will activate and stir up your faith.
Adeboye will teach you how to get closer to God.
And other preachers have their own things.
A blend of all these and you have every thing you need to live a robust Christian life

14 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2013
To me is wrong.Most tyms u end up being confused,cos different churches ave there way of doings tins,

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by anitank(f): 11:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Different churches have different views and ideas about heaven, hell and even God Himself. Attending so many churches might end up making u confused and even frustrated. But then it's not in my place to say whether it's wrong or right

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Iceman296: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2013
..There is Nothing Wrong But its Advisable to Stick to One In order not to get Confused because Every Church has Its own Doctrine.

The Most important Thingy is the Personal Communication with God. That's what Matter!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Sllowppoisoon: 11:40am On Oct 20, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by ayusco85(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2013
I will answer u in two words
SPIRITUAL PROSTITTUTE grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by pinky05: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2013
[If u no knw wetin 2 say seal itquote author=Sllowppoisoon]lipsrsealed[/quote]i
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Darey4u2010(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2013
Segregation should be discouraged because, we must eulogize HIM with holy hands in ONE ACCORD. There should be one church perhaps branch/earnest. Many spirits are of different mindset out there. Be watchful! It is end time. 1 John 4 vs 1
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by AbuMikey(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2013

If I don't attend Anglican,then it means I attended another church for a visit.

I'm not a church prostitute!

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by t12tosin: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2013
as for me, as it was written: do not forsake the gathering of others;
i tend to attend any church where the word of God is not diluted.
Believe it or not, we all have the manual, ye shall knw the truth n d truth shall set u free...
I am not restricted to any church.
my question is "why so much in the body of Christ"?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife? / Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit Refutes The Existence Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.