Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (13340 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / Does It Matter If A Married Couple Attend Different Churches? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 1:02am On Oct 22, 2013
Juell:
Catholic church was established by the Romans and impossed on the world cos at that period the Romans where the world power.

LIE!

Any thing to back up your claim?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 1:06am On Oct 22, 2013
mossy: My issue with Catholism.;if u refuse to"honour" Mary(n d statues),.Worshipping JESUS may be impossible..not fair o

Do not lie! It is a sin.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 1:07am On Oct 22, 2013
kckelechikc: Nonsense, which Catholic, said by who? Those people that worship Mary status.

Do not lie. It is a sin.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Enigma(m): 1:12am On Oct 22, 2013
Roman Catholics can lie sha; dem take am do them! grin

Anyway, they were killing one another to become "pope" and when they become "pope" finish the so-called "popes" were rap.ing people, committing in.cest, selling and buying the position of "pope" and other lunacies. Before we talk of modern day wey dem no leave the yanshes of small pikins alone!

Dem come tell us say na that one be the "only" "church" wey be Jesus' church? Na so! grin

Oh by the way, the word 'Bible' can be found in the Bible --- by those who know where to look.

And here, just one example of Jesus Church that existed before either "The Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.* That Church was in Rome for that matter --- loooong before there was such thing as "The Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.* (In fact there are two "churches" mentioned in the passage but for now I only need the bolded)

Romans 16
3 Salute Prisca and Aquila my fellow-workers in Christ Jesus, 4 who for my life laid down their own necks; unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles: 5 and salute the church that is in their house. Salute Epaenetus my beloved, who is the first-fruits of Asia unto Christ.

* Meanwhile for the meaning of "The Catholic Church" and its difference from the Roman Catholic Church, see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

EDIT By the way you will also see in the above thread that the Roman Catholics are LYING anytime they say they "compiled" the Bible. wink

smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Ishilove: 7:22am On Oct 22, 2013
Enigma: Roman Catholics can lie sha; dem take am do them! grin

Anyway, they were killing one another to become "pope" and when they become "pope" finish the so-called "popes" were rap.ing people, committing in.cest, selling and buying the position of "pope" and other lunacies. Before we talk of modern day wey dem no leave the yanshes of small pikins alone!

Dem come tell us say na that one be the "only" "church" wey be Jesus' church? Na so! grin

Oh by the way, the word 'Bible' can be found in the Bible --- by those who know where to look.

And here, just one example of Jesus Church that existed before either "The Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.* That Church was in Rome for that matter --- loooong before there was such thing as "The Catholic Church" or the Roman Catholic Church.* (In fact there are two "churches" mentioned in the passage but for now I only need the bolded)

Romans 16
3 Salute Prisca and Aquila my fellow-workers in Christ Jesus, 4 who for my life laid down their own necks; unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles: 5 and salute the church that is in their house. Salute Epaenetus my beloved, who is the first-fruits of Asia unto Christ.

* Meanwhile for the meaning of "The Catholic Church" and its difference from the Roman Catholic Church, see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1257440/catholic-catholic-back-catholic

EDIT By the way you will also see in the above thread that the Roman Catholics are LYING anytime they say they "compiled" the Bible. wink

smiley

cheesy cheesy

Don't let Nairaland catholics catch you offline, egbon mi. If they do, some Micheal Adebolaja ish will go down on your catholic bashing asss grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by christskill: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
We are not getting something straight in the House that there is only One Church is which the Church of Christ and It's SPIRITUAL not PHYSICAL,Less we have different Denomination of the Church . One Church But Different Denomination.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by italo: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
christskill: We are not getting something straight in the House that there is only One Church is which the Church of Christ and It's SPIRITUAL not PHYSICAL,Less we have different Denomination of the Church . One Church But Different Denomination.

The Church is not merely spiritual but a physical body of believers.

One that can be seen and identified; not just an invisible, unidentifiable, unverifiable concoction.

That's why Paul could visit the Church in Rome, that's why Jesus said if you have a dispute with someone, tell the Church. Jesus wanted the world to SEE (physical) that we are one.

How can all the "denominations" teaching contradictory things be spiritually one?
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by igv2: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
its wrong to attend two or more churches, it's better to change to one, it will give accurate attention. moreover DON't CHANGE GOD'S POSITION IN YOUR HEART.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by Sanchez01: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2014
italo: You may attend one million "churches" and it is fine.

Just know that Jesus founded only ONE Church. The others were founded by men.

I totally disagree... It is dangerous for a Christian to do so. As a matter of fact, such an action would eventually result to the individual's inability to be deeply rooted in the Scriptures. People who do so largely end up creating problems for themselves. Doctrines differ and jumping from one church o another will hinder the fellow to confuse his/herself.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by chozkiel(m): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2014
smiley smiley i go to any church o
am a christian
a catholic
i dnt critizes o.
i dnt go to churches dat sed we worship mary.
Re: Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? by chozkiel(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2014
Enigma: Roman Catholics can lie sha; dem take am do them! grin

Romans 16

smiley

i dnt blame u sha
if ur pastor brain wash our own dnt
May God help u in knowing de truth. say amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Best Way Of Changing Your Church? / Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.